PDA

View Full Version : Signature Sizes

sodascouts
12-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Guys, I love our creative signatures so much, but I just want to remind everyone to please keep signature sizes to 500px or less in width, and 200px or less in height total (ie, if you have more than one image, make sure both of them add up to less than 200 px).

Guidelines are posted here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296).

I appreciate your cooperation - thanks!

luvthelighthouse
12-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I hate to sound dumb... but how would I know how big my sig is? I resized it a long time ago (in photobucket) and have no clue what size it's saved as?

ticky
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
LTL- yours is 31.5K and 292p x 175p. you're okay *G*

sodascouts
12-05-2009, 07:18 PM
LTL, if you right-click on your image and select "properties" or "view image info", you'll see the width and height (in that order) in pixels (px).

Brooke
12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Everyone has some very cute banners and avs these days! You all are so talented. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
12-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Including you Brooke--just loving your clumsy Santa! Cute!

Brooke
12-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I must confess I didn't make mine though! It's 'borrowed'! :blush:

sodascouts
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Still love it!

sodascouts
04-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Just bumping this thread as a friendly reminder to please keep signature sizes to 500px or less in width, and 200px or less in height total (see first post in this thread). Thanks guys!

sodascouts
03-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't think I've ever actually posted how to do signatures! I got this from the FAQ:

What are signatures?
'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.

How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).
For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature)' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

Brooke
12-18-2013, 01:29 PM
I've been trying to put my 'santa sled' animated sig in and can't get it to work. I've clicked 'upload from my computer' and it just shows a small pic in the top of that area but doesn't show at all when I go to the board. I've tried the 'image' url and the 'direct' url. I've even put the whole url in the space where it says 'picture'........

If anyone has time and can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Freypower
12-18-2013, 05:05 PM
How weird. It's showing up in your post in Powers That Be but it's not animated. Yet it isn't showing here.

I had trouble getting my sig to load on Monday; only the URL was showing up & not the image. I had to make sure the previous image was entirely deleted before the new image showed up.

Brooke
12-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I just saw it when I posted. It's supposed to be animated and I haven't changed anything for it.

It didn't show up at all the last time I was on.......

sodascouts
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Try uploading it to Photobucket and then remotely linking to it in your signature rather than uploading it to the Border.

Brooke
12-18-2013, 07:41 PM
It is already uploaded to pb. I tried every which way. I even saved it to my computer and it was still animated, but posted here as it is now.