PDA

View Full Version : Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

sodascouts
12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I Hope this happens!

Check out the story on LiveDaily (http://www.livedaily.com/news/20947.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+livedailynews+%28LiveDaily+Top+ Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Glennsallnighter
12-11-2009, 07:50 PM
That is one you will HAVE to get to Soda!

sodascouts
12-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Ticket prices would probably be high, but I would suck it up and shell out with a smile on my face because it would be SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

However, I think it sounds a bit "too good to be true" so I'm not going to let myself get too excited yet. A lot of things can happen to derail such an ambitious plan.

Freypower
12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I would assume that Fleetwood Mac would open, and I honestly can't see why they would agree to do this.

EagleLady
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Why not? It'd be an Awesome show.

Freypower
12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Perhaps. My point, however, is that why would Fleetwood Mac want to open for the Eagles?

Maleah
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Maybe they would kind of alternate between the two and close with them both together or something.

Whatever they would do, it would be AWESOME! Aaaand I'd go bankrupt. :fear:

Freypower
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Maleah with respect, be realistic. The Eagles would not be the opening act for anyone. As for them playing together - what would that envisage? Henley and Nicks, yes. Two full, entirely separate bands - no.

If it were only for a couple of very big stadium shows perhaps it could be done - but I literally have just seen Fleetwood Mac and I was hoping for a proper Eagles Asian/Australian tour in the Australian summer.

Maleah
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I wasn't insinuating the Eagles open for them. When I say alternate between the two, I'm not sure how you get Eagles opening for them out of that. I've seen major artists go on tour together and so similar things like that before. Maybe both groups would pull a shocker and put ego aside. Who knows. Both are huge groups so either one would have to step back if they were the "opener." If either group was infuriated at the thought then I doubt it would go very far in the "talks." I guess we'll find out.

Freypower
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
One of them has to go on stage first. ;) That is what 'opening' means.

I will reserve judgment. It does not affect me in any way. I just want the Australian tour to happen.

Maleah
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Maybe they could flip a coin each night to decide :hilarious:

EagleLady
12-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Honestly, I doubt it would bother either of them if One of them have to open for the other. They are both very talented.

Prettymaid
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, of course the Eagles would have to open, because otherwise how are they going to get all of those people from the stage during Fleetwood Mac back into their seats for the Eagles part of the show? :wink:

Super Frey
12-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I think it would be cool:thumbsup:

Maleah
12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, of course the Eagles would have to open, because otherwise how are they going to get all of those people from the stage during Fleetwood Mac back into their seats for the Eagles part of the show? :wink:

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Good point PM, good point! LOL

Sandytables
12-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Perhaps they could start with Leather and Lace and take it from there.

sodascouts
12-12-2009, 09:38 AM
One of them has to go on stage first. ;) That is what 'opening' means.

You know, the concept of the double bill is hardly unheard of.... or did you consider Don Henley to be Stevie Nicks' opening act during their tour in 2005?

DonFan
12-12-2009, 10:01 AM
You know, the concept of the double bill is hardly unheard of.... or did you consider Don Henley to be Stevie Nicks' opening act during their tour in 2005?

Good point. I like the "flip a coin-alternate first each night" concept, actually.:)

This would be an AWESOME show! I hope it happens!

luvthelighthouse
12-12-2009, 10:47 AM
If this happens, Soldier Field is always a place for these big name acts, so that means they'd probably be coming to Chicago again! I mean, Soldier Field has hosted the Rolling Stone, Billy Joel/Elton John, U2, this summer Bon Jovi. Oh, that would be sweet!!!

For what it's worth, just two give my two cents...On a double bill, I wouldn't consider one to be an "opener" per se... but in the end, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in Hell that the Eagles would take the stage first. :)

Glennhoney
12-12-2009, 03:26 PM
..somehow, I can't imagine this happening...it's not like one band needs the other to sell tickets...and I would rather hear each band seperately, doing a 3 hour show, than, what, a 60 minute show each..then last set together?????...or a Don/Stevie duet?????

Freypower
12-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Do you think he was? He was on first every night, wasn't he? Therefore yes, as I see it, he was the opening act.

The problem as I see it is that both bands would have to play shorter sets - probably around 90 minutes each. Yet again the Eagles would drop either their newer songs or their acoustic set.

As for 'let's have a Don/Stevie duet' where does that leave the other members of both bands? As for them doing songs together... I cannot see Glenn in particular agreeing to that. It would mean changing the setlist, God forbid.

I just saw Fleetwood Mac and I really enjoyed myself, but my primary loyalty is to the Eagles and I would prefer they didn't do this, to be honest.

EagleLady
12-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I think it would be a great concert. They Should do it.

Freypower
12-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, I am in the minority here, so I will make no further comment, except that as GH said, neither band need each other to sell tickets.

sodascouts
12-13-2009, 11:49 AM
It's not a matter of whether or not they need each other to make money; it's a matter of whether or not they can make MORE money together than apart.

Maybe it would be worth their while to do a handful of these dates, billed as "special events," if not an all-out full-length tour.

TimothyBFan
12-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Unless I missed something, the story doesn't say where this info is coming from. I have to wonder where this info came from and how reliable it is. It just doesn't sound plausible to me at all. That's not to say it wouldn't be the most awesome show I ever saw (and I vow I would be there for that) but I am highly doubtful it will ever happen. I could see maybe a show for a charity event or something like that, but an actual tour of stadiums--nah!! Hate to be a Doubting Thomas-but I rather doubt that there are even "talks" being held about it. Someone's fantasy and that's about it.

That being said---hopefully I will be proven wrong! :thumbsup:

ETA: PM that was great reasoning for how to decide who to put on first! :hilarious:

sodascouts
12-14-2009, 10:26 AM
LiveDaily is owned by Irving Azoff. Could be a "test the waters" type thing, but it's for real.

TimothyBFan
12-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I guess I knew that didn't I? So I stand corrected but I really still do not see it happening except in our fantasy world here on the Border. :hilarious: Time will tell tho.

Fan_For_Life
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the tour and heart crossed for them to bring it to Jacksonville. :)

tbs fanatic
12-14-2009, 02:02 PM
..somehow, I can't imagine this happening...it's not like one band needs the other to sell tickets...and I would rather hear each band seperately, doing a 3 hour show, than, what, a 60 minute show each..then last set together?????...or a Don/Stevie duet?????

I would also rather see the bands at separate shows and get the full blast show from each. It might be fun to see them all on one stage together for a song but otherwise - nope.

Brooke
12-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Hmmmmmm, I really don't know what to think about this. I really can't see it happening for some reason. Neither band needs the other to sell their tickets, but of course, we all know they all need more money!

I would prefer to see each band separately. And I can't see the Eagles sharing a stage with FM or anyone for that matter. Ever! Not there's any problem between them or anything. Just that they don't need to.

I can't even imagine the cost of a ticket if it did happen! Which probably lets me out anyway!

luvthelighthouse
12-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I see a common theme here about, "neither needing the other to sell tickets". That never even occured to me. I think it's just about selling more tickets. These stadiums hold so many people, why not fill them up to max capacity.

Billy Joel doesn't need Elton John to sell tixs, or vice versa, but they play a double bill. Fan's feel elated to see both of these guys on the same stage. I see Eagles and FM no differently.

BTW, I wouldn't go out of my way to see FM, but it they played w/the Eagles, yes, I would see them.

sodascouts
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
OK, allowing myself to fantasize about this a bit...

I would love to see them playing the encore together. I think Don would be only too happy to surrender the drums to Mick. John, who likes to stay in the shadows, can do the bass parts while Tim focuses on vocals. I can see them all doing Don't Stop. It used to be a Christine/Lindsey duet, they could perhaps make it an Eagle/Mac member duet. At the end, Glenn, Don, Tim, Joe, and Stevie would be singing "ooooh..... don't ya look back...." while Lindsey does the solo....

AWESOMENESS.

Freypower
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I honestly can't envisage this. I know Don has sung Fleetwood Mac songs but the other Eagless haven't. You would basically have Fleetwood Mac playing and the Eagles doing backing vocals. For it to work at all Fleetwood Mac would also have to do an Eagles song on which the Eagles played and Mac sang. Take It Easy would be obvious if you want an encore.

Elton John/Billy Joel is a true double bill where they do solo sets and a set together. I don't see how the Eagles and Mac could play a set together.

Maleah
12-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't really understand why they couldn't play a set together or why it would be so difficult. The Eagles could lose their backup band for that set and Lindsey and Joe could play guitar, with Lindsey playing Don F's (or SS) parts on Eagles songs. Like Nancy said, Don would gladly give up the drums. Glenn plays acoustic so he can fit in with whatever they do musically. Tim can play acoustic as well or just sing. Vocally I don't see it as being much different than when you watch old school videos of artists all coming out and jamming/singing together to end concerts. All they would have to do is several songs, switching lead vocalists on parts and the rest singing backup. I think it could be great!

Freypower
12-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Glenn doesn't always play acoustic. I'm not sure that Don and Tim should just 'give up' bass and drums just to be backing singers - although God knows Don does not exactly play drums for the majority of the Eagles' set any more.

We are talking about the Eagles here, the band that refused to participate in the traditional jam at the end of the Hall of Fame ceremony. The only time they have vaguely approached anything like this is when they played with the Dixie Chicks.

Suggest some songs that you think both bands would wish to play together. I am sorry to be so negative about this but I really don't think it would work.

Maleah
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Having seen them twice now, I do realize that Glenn doesn't always play acoustic but he does normally play a "rhythm" part. I don't know a whole lot of FM songs so I'd leave that to Nancy but you're right...Take It Easy would work well for an Eagles song. But I honestly think they could do anything. If it's a song, for instance, that Don sings lead on...have Don sing a verse and someone from FM sing a verse. I think they could trade off on LITFL, Long Run, they could bring back Seven Bridges Road or Hole In The World and sing that together, Take It To The Limit, Already Gone, Witchy Woman.....like I said....I think they could make it work on pretty much anything. And in addition to all that, add some covers of people that they are fans of or are influenced by. We already know that Don likes to do that at his solo shows. Don and Stevie also did a few songs together on their tours. They could perform those as a group and maybe switch up who's singing what. You can make anything work if you want to. And if they did this then I would sure assume they want to. If they don't then obviously it doesn't matter. lol

ETA: It isn't a matter of them "giving it up." I don't think Don would mind having someone else play at all, since he already does that most of the time. And that's not to say that they would have to give it up for the entire thing. Trade off....just like when we were kids and wanted to play with the same toy...we'd all take turns ;)

Freypower
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Maleah, this might perhaps work if it were Don guesting with Fleetwood Mac. I notice that all the songs you suggest are sung by Don with the exception of Already Gone (no longer in the Eagles' setlist) and Take It To The Limit. as well as the fact that Don does the solo part of 7BR. I could perhaps envisage them all doing 7BR or HITW.

I will be honest here. If such a scenario were to happen, I can see Glenn marginalising himself even more than he already has, and I am afraid that I don't want to see that. (Of course I won't - they would not bring such a show down here - but it's the principle of the thing).

Maleah
12-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I mentioned mostly Don because if I hadn't then it would have been Glenn giving up his fewer lead vocals but I could also see it working with Lyin Eyes, Peaceful Easy Feeling, What Do I Do With My Heart, Tequila Sunrise, Good Day In Hell, Somebody, etc etc

ETA: Yes I mentioned some that the guys don't perform anymore....but they're still their songs that they could perform if need be

No worries though FP, at this point I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. ;) I would doubt this would ever get any further than the initial talks.

StephUK
12-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Going back to earlier comments, although I like Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, I'd rather see a full length Eagles show than a double bill where they both played a shortened set or played each others songs together.
Just my personal view.

sodascouts
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
FP, it is not an abomination for the Eagles to share the spotlight with others.

You seem to be very concerned about hierarchy, that it be clearly established the the Eagles are "superior" to Fleetwood Mac in every way. They must go last at every show. They must not sing backup at any time, not even for part of a song. They must not allow the members of Fleetwood Mac to play any of the key instruments while they are onstage together.

However, Don has already demonstrated he does not share this mentality in his "Two Voices" tour with Stevie Nicks. Joe currently is making special appearances at TSO shows just as he did with Kenny Chesney and has done with other artists... sharing the spotlight. As for easy-going Timothy, do you really think he would be indignant at the notion that the quiet, unassuming John McVie play bass on a couple songs when they're both onstage?

So we get to the crux of the matter - Glenn. I know you are very concerned that Glenn assert himself as "in charge" at all times. However, I think Glenn is not in the grip of such a compulsive need. That type of behavior would indicate a lack of maturity and self-confidence, two things I believe Glenn possesses in spades.

Perhaps Glenn respects the members of Fleetwood Mac and does not consider performing with them to be beneath him. Imagine that!

luvthelighthouse
12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I really think this is going to happen. I don't see livenation just tossing that around. I have zero misconception that the two bands will be playing together as one band. That would mean they would have to learn each others set lists. At this point in the game, I don't see either band doing such.

What I do see is Stevie/Don doing either an opening song, or the final song with FM then going straight into the Eagles set. I can see both bands on stage for a melody finale. Maybe three or four songs w/everyone on stage rockin' out.

They must have thought this out pretty well, because there are a million questions people will want to know. How freaking expensive is this double bill gonna be? You know the diehards for each band will want to have premium seats, so that drives up the price w/two sets of people wanting only one set of seats. It's gonna be something like twenty-five bucks a song at this rate!

TimothyBFan
12-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I have to agree with ltlh here, I can't fathom how much this will cost to see. I said earlier I would try and be there if it happened without thinking it thru. Actuality is that I will have to wait for the dvd! :lol: Besides, remember I vowed not to pay even the price of an Eagles ticket ever again so I sure will not pay double. Someone has to make a stand against the high price of concert tickets. ;) Do you hear me Mr Azoff?

sodascouts
12-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Just saw this on The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net).... Looks like it's gonna happen after all!

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac team up (http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/12/14/701778.aspx)

Stadiums could be in for a treat in 2010 with a monster co-bill that’s gearing up to take flight.

Sources close to Eagles (http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=60240&SortBy=Date) and Fleetwood Mac (http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=56225&SortBy=Date) have confirmed exclusively to Pollstar that they are routing a tour, as was previously reported to be under consideration on livedaily.com.

The bands have apparently been looking into a trek through arenas, baseball and football stadiums coast to coast.

GlennLover
12-15-2009, 12:20 PM
I have to agree with ltlh here, I can't fathom how much this will cost to see. I said earlier I would try and be there if it happened without thinking it thru. Actuality is that I will have to wait for the dvd! :lol: Besides, remember I vowed not to pay even the price of an Eagles ticket ever again so I sure will not pay double. Someone has to make a stand against the high price of concert tickets. ;) Do you hear me Mr Azoff?

The venues are going to be much larger so maybe the ticket prices won't have to be any higher than they are now. Oh well. I won't have to worry. I'm sure they won't be coming anywhere near my neck of the woods. I'll just have to enjoy the concerts vicariously through my fellow Borderers who do go ;).

luvthelighthouse
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The venues are going to be much larger so maybe the ticket prices won't have to be any higher than they are now.

They don't "have" to be that high now... but it's Irving... he'll go as high as he can if people will pay it!

Troubadour
12-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh wow - how exciting is this?! I guess they still have the ability to surprise us. :mrgreen: I think it's fantastic. And clearly they don't need the money. Maybe they just want to do it!

Maleah
12-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Too bad they don't take that mindset with ticket prices...."we're going to charge a lot less for tickets because we don't need the money" :woah: :rofl:

Troubadour
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
lol! Yeah - that'll be the day. ;)

But, if I was part of one of the world's biggest bands, and was friendly with another, and appreciated their music - I'd think it would be awesome to do a few shows together! Why not?

sodascouts
12-15-2009, 10:26 PM
So, I'm back to fantasizing about what songs they could do together, perhaps as an encore....

I still maintain "Don't Stop" would be a great choice, as I explained earlier.

They could also do "Take It Easy" Kirshner style, adding some extra harmonies to give the extra vocalists something to do - Stevie could sing Linda's part, Lindsey could sing Jackson's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kTAT4vj_hI

Leather and Lace is also an option, of course.

The idea of the bands performing together is the most exciting aspect of this whole double-bill!

Freypower
12-16-2009, 01:49 AM
FP, it is not an abomination for the Eagles to share the spotlight with others.

You seem to be very concerned about hierarchy, that it be clearly established the the Eagles are "superior" to Fleetwood Mac in every way. They must go last at every show. They must not sing backup at any time, not even for part of a song. They must not allow the members of Fleetwood Mac to play any of the key instruments while they are onstage together.

However, Don has already demonstrated he does not share this mentality in his "Two Voices" tour with Stevie Nicks. Joe currently is making special appearances at TSO shows just as he did with Kenny Chesney and has done with other artists... sharing the spotlight. As for easy-going Timothy, do you really think he would be indignant at the notion that the quiet, unassuming John McVie play bass on a couple songs when they're both onstage?

So we get to the crux of the matter - Glenn. I know you are very concerned that Glenn assert himself as "in charge" at all times. However, I think Glenn is not in the grip of such a compulsive need. That type of behavior would indicate a lack of maturity and self-confidence, two things I believe Glenn possesses in spades.

Perhaps Glenn respects the members of Fleetwood Mac and does not consider performing with them to be beneath him. Imagine that!

Soda, you make some very valid points here. My objections have nothing to do with either hierarchy (that the Eagles rank higher) or with the 'Glenn has to be in charge' thing.

If the inevitable 'Don and Stevie should do Leather & Lace' question arises
- well yes. Let's repeat what they did for their Two Voices tour - her songs sung with him, his songs sung with her. They do not need the other members of the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to do that.

Of course if there were a shared set it would be expected that Mick & John would play bass & drums for the simple reason that neither of them sing. I can understand that and it makes sense to me, though I repeat that if there were a shared set I would be uneasy if Tim in particular were only able to sing harmonies.

I also remember a comment made by Lindsey when he said 'at least we talk to each other. We're not the Eagles'. I'm still recovering from seeing Lindsey dominate the stage two weeks ago. Why would he want to downplay his own role? Would he want to do some guitar duets with Joe? I can see that, I admit. The two of them together would be dynamic.

As far as Glenn is concerned if they were to share a stage I don't know what he would do except play acoustic guitar and sing harmonies. I can't see him singing lead on any songs at all in this scenario. Also, he, unlike the other three Eagles, does NOT do guest appearances with other artists. The Dixie Chicks was the only time. He just doesn't do it. I know why you think I'm harping on the 'in charge' thing but honestly, that is not my concern. My concern is that he would have nothing to do. And sad though it is, he's my favourite Eagle (NO KIDDING)! and yes, that, is the crux of it, but not quite the way you said, though I know what you meant.

I am not having a go at Fleetwood Mac because I made it quite clear that I loved their show. But it was THEIR show. The idea of them sharing the spotlight with the Eagles or vice versa .... why?

I have made it clear that I am not in favour of this, but I suppose I will now have to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Prettymaid
12-16-2009, 09:17 AM
These people are professional musicians. I think they would all be able to find something to do...

I always enjoy seeing musicians play as one, example, The Concert for George. Paul McCartney played backup for Eric Clapton during a song. It was great! And who doesn't love the show Crossroads, made specifically for the purpose of allowing different artists to join together onstage and play music. This is what these people live for!

eaglesvet
12-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I haven't been on in a few days, so I've missed a bit! I get the impression this show has got a great chance to come to my area...what with the NEW Meadowlands/Giants Stadium set to open in May (by Bon Jovi), and of course there's always Madison Square Garden if they indeed add arenas to the venues. I think it would be AWESOME to see them both together...I've never seen the Mac, so this would be a great opportunity. Reading over the suggestions, I think Seven Bridges Road would be wonderful to hear them do together!! (or the Eagles do solo...I'm not picky! :laugh:)

PM, too funny about deciding who goes first!

Fan_For_Life
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I think it's great. I'm hoping they come within a reasonable distance, I would hate to miss this.

Freypower
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
These people are professional musicians. I think they would all be able to find something to do...

I always enjoy seeing musicians play as one, example, The Concert for George. Paul McCartney played backup for Eric Clapton during a song. It was great! And who doesn't love the show Crossroads, made specifically for the purpose of allowing different artists to join together onstage and play music. This is what these people live for!

I think you miss the extremely specific point that I made. I think three members of the Eagles would have no problem doing this. I cannot envisage Glenn doing it. He would have to come right out of his comfort zone. I suppose he would be happy if it would give him yet another excuse to drop more of his lead vocals, which I believe is what would happen. 'The really popular Eagles and Mac songs are sung by Don and Stevie. We'll play those'.

I also think people seem to be forgetting that if this was to happen the Eagles would yet againhave to cut their show short, which would mean yet again dropping the new songs and/or the acoustic set.

I'm sorry to be such a wet blanket because it appears the majority of Borderers are looking forward to it. Also perhaps we are anticipating too much in thinking there would be a joint performance.

In any case, I won't see it. I just hope and pray they do a proper full length tour of Asia/Australia after they have finished this tour.

EagleLady
12-16-2009, 05:52 PM
No offense FP, But You seem to have a negative opinion on this show. Why would it bother Glenn if he had to share vocals?

Freypower
12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
It WOULDN'T bother him. Read what I said. I said 'it would give him another excuse to drop more of his lead vocals'. In his usual generous manner, he would drop his vocals so the others would have more. He would assume the crowd would be there to see Don sing with Stevie. Every tour, he appears happy to drop more and more of his leads. This would exacerbate it. He wouldn't mind - but I would. Not that it matters.

Yes, I have a 'negative' opinion of it, and I won't say any more about it.

EagleLady
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry :doh:

luvthelighthouse
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I 'The really popular Eagles and Mac songs are sung by Don and Stevie. We'll play those'.

I don't agree w/this. I think the some of the best and most popular songs are song by Glenn; Take it Easy, Tequila Sunrise, Lyin' Eyes. IMO, I think Christine McVie is a better singer than Stevie... but since she isn't w/the band anymore, that's not really an issue in this case.

I know I'm bursting some bubbles here, but I just do not see the two bands meshing all their members on one stage for three hours. It's going to be two sets.

As for Glenn giving up leads... I wish he'd give one up to Timothy so we could hear more than the token three songs he's allowed.

Glennhoney
12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
...well my husband says this would be a dream come true if we could somehow manage to see one of these concerts, but I'm not as excited as he is...60 minutes or so of Eagles music is certainly NOT enough for me...and well you have to wonder what great songs would be cut out...quite a few I imagine...and although I like Fleetwood Mac, I wonder what their concerts are usually like....will it be a 'sit down" show for the Eagles and then an "up and dancing" show for them?....of course, if we COULD ever manage to get tickets somewhere, I would definately go...but I would much rather see 2 different concerts........

Prettymaid
12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't know what more to say about this. Glenn Frey would not have to "come out of his comfort zone" to play with additional musicians onstage for a song or two. He's the leader of the band for gosh sakes. If this is for real he had to okay it. I'm sorry if I am offending you FP, but you are hypersensitive about what Glenn would be able to do instead of seeing the big picture of enjoying both bands playing together. With this attitude I'm surprised you don't wish Glenn Frey would just be a solo artist.

Freypower
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't know what more to say about this. Glenn Frey would not have to "come out of his comfort zone" to play with additional musicians onstage for a song or two. He's the leader of the band for gosh sakes. If this is for real he had to okay it. I'm sorry if I am offending you FP, but you are hypersensitive about what Glenn would be able to do instead of seeing the big picture of enjoying both bands playing together. With this attitude I'm surprised you don't wish Glenn Frey would just be a solo artist.

Yes, he's the leader of the Eagles and yes, he has to OK it, and yet again, he will push himself back even further. I can't help being concerned about this, I'm afraid. To do this he has to break a habit which has lasted for the entire reunion period. Ironically of course, the first time I saw him he guested with LRB. I am well aware that he can play with other artists.

There is no point in wishing he was a solo artist when he has not made a solo record since 1992 and shows absolutely no signs of doing so.

If you read my reply to Soda's post I was trying to see the positive side of them playing together. I concede that it would be fun to see it at least for a couple of songs. But I think it would be much more fun for fans of the other Eagles than it would be for Frey fans.

Where is my evidence? The evidence of each tour where the number of Glenn's lead vocals decreases, by his own apparent wish. If that is what he wants to do it has to be accepted, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I really am not going to say any more on this subject. Sorry.

sodascouts
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey, it's not like the Eagles aren't going to do full-length concerts as well during the rest of the year. This is just a few special dates.

EagleLady
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
And how many chances do you get to see best of both worlds?

Freypower
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
For the last time, I have no objections to them touring with Fleetwood Mac except that they would be shorter shows and I have reservations on what they would do if the two bands were to share the stage. The 'best of both worlds' thing does not apply to me. I just saw Fleetwood Mac and I expect to see the Eagles probably next November.

EagleLady
12-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I was just saying that for those who haven't seen both. :-(

luvthelighthouse
12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
But I think it would be much more fun for fans of the other Eagles than it would be for Frey fans.

Where is my evidence? The evidence of each tour where the number of Glenn's lead vocals decreases, by his own apparent wish. If that is what he wants to do it has to be accepted, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Trust me, it's not going to more fun for me, a Timothy fan. His three songs will probably get cut to one, two if we are lucky. I started as a Glenn fan, (still am), but I feel he gets tons of stage time. I'm too lazy to pull up their LROOE set list to see how many each of the guys have, but if someone else wants too, bring it on. I can't believe Glenn has cut back that much. Again... try being a TBS fan, you get a few scraps and like it.

Prettymaid
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I have a favorite too...I love it when Joe lights up the stage. But to enjoy the band you have to be an Eagles fan first. I love the Eagles as a whole more than any of the individuals who make up the band, so I'm not constantly concerned about how much time each one is getting.

TimothyBFan
12-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Hmmmmm--(clearing throat)----Pleeeeez!!! Ltlh---is so very right---been a Tim fan for over 30 years-I was so frickin' happy to see LROOE and realize he actually had 2 songs on a double album! Of course they can't both possibly be played at a concert tho-what would we be thinking to think he would actually get a chance to sing more than 3 songs live with other Eagles on stage with him. :brickwall: I do consider us Tim fans pretty d*mn lucky right now because we are getting a few scattered solo shows. I know that Glenns done more solo shows than Tim probably ever will-tho, as you point out FP, it's been a very long time. Case in point (kinda), Eagles Radio--don't know who picks the songs but even there they play everyone's solo stuff but guess who's! He's the only Eagle with brand spanking new songs out and not a once have any of them been played on EAGLES RADIO! What the h*ll does that tell you. I've said enough because I really shouldn't get started on this matter because this could turn into pages from me alone regarding solo work from an Eagle. And don't even get me started on the fact that Tim apparently took songs to the table for the album and was told they weren't liked so therefore didn't go on the album. As a Tim fan, it's extremely obvious to me who "runs the show".

That being said (way to much I'm afraid), I do somewhat agree with FP and GH-would much rather see a full Eagles show. Nothing against FM, and I would absolutely love to see Stevie live, but if I had a choice, I want my 3 hours of uninterupted Eagles songs, no matter who's singing lead.

I will be honest, I have mixed feelings on whether I want these shows to happen, for a couple reasons. The fact is, no matter how close they come, I will probably not attend one because I really want to keep all my body parts and in order to afford this show, I'm sure I'd have to sell one. Second, as silly as it seems, I think PM brings up a valid point. The Eagles & FM have 2 totally different views on audience participation-which of us here wouldn't just die if we were able to stand at the foot of the stage and TOUCH an Eagle or strum a guitar of theirs. Heaven help the poor soul that tries because you will get called out by Mr Henley in no time flat and most likely tossed to the curb.

Bitter-yes I am about some of these points. Sorry! I usually don't go on about how much each member plays or sings---I LOVE my Eagles and that's what really counts. But in case any of you have lived in a cave for the last year & a half and hadn't caught on that Tim's my fave, I thought I'd jump in and tell you all how I really feel! :hilarious: Anyone want to tell me how wrong I am? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't plan on actually getting to see one of these Eagles/Mac shows either, so I'm not basing my views on that. I just don't understand why we can't be happy and enjoy it if they want to do it. Like Soda said, they'll still be doing their LROOE tour. It's just like love...there's enough to go around. Really, there is.

TimothyBFan
12-17-2009, 08:50 AM
PM--don't get me wrong--I am super excited that they are going to do this. How cool is it that 2 of the biggest bands ever will be touring together. I really have no problem at all with that other than the jealousy I will surely have of anyone fortunate enough to see it.

That's not what got my tirade started! It's the whole argument about solo stuff. I'm a Timothy fan---need I say more?

carol7lynn
12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Personally I would love to see a FWM/Eagle tour :thumbsup:but I seriously doubt it will happen. But then hell froze over once before didn't it. Time will tell! One can "Dream(s)". Can you just imagine the drama and the "Rumours" that will surround that tour-I mean it already has and the tour isn't even confirmed yet. WhooWee sure makes for good conversation. Stevie will totally rule that bunch of Desperados I'm sure! Love to see it. Go Stevie!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Seeing Stevie perform with the Eagles, if it should happen, would be worth the price of admission alone! She would rock the world of that boy's club! ;)

sodascouts
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I was doing some more thinking about what songs they could play together... I've already said Don't Stop and Take It Easy, and I think Maleah's suggestion they do Seven Bridges Road is genius. Oh my gosh, just thinking of Glenn, Don, Joe, Tim, Stevie, and Lindsey harmonizing on Seven Bridges Road gives me chills.

Like Maleah says, I'm sure these professionals could find a way to arrange practically any song in their catalog to meet the needs of multiple vocalists. However, some more possibilities that come to mind for me:

Eagles songs

Heartache Tonight - they all could harmonize on the verses, Glenn lead vocal otherwise. Its fun, party feel would be great for the gang all hanging out on stage together.

Take It to the Limit - my fave Eagles song with Stevie and Lindsey on it - oh my gosh! Alternating verses with Glenn and Lindsey. It's not as if Glenn originated the vocal anyway, so it's up for grabs to share, I say! ;)

Life in the Fast Lane - applies to the Mac too certainly! Alternating leads on verses between Don and Stevie. Perhaps Joe and Lindsey could share guitar solos.

Witchy Woman - what a hoot to have Stevie dancing around and Don and Lindsey trade vocals about the woman who will "rock you in the nighttime 'til your skin turns red." It would be too cool (yeah, I know it's not ORIGINALLY about Stevie but it would be tons of fun to apply it to her). Heck, maybe Joe could even do a verse. He can relate, too... :lol:

Fleetwood Mac songs

Say You Love Me - Lindsey has already re-arranged this Christine song to be a song that features multiple harmonies and alternating leads. Just throw the Eagles into the mix! Stevie and Lindsey usually sing it to each other, but Don could drop in and do the third verse.

Farmer's Daughter - don't really like this song, but the layered harmony leads throughout would work (it's kind of like Seven Bridges Road). They haven't done it since 1980, though, so don't know about that...

----------------

Plus, they could throw in some covers to do together. Stevie and Don did a couple of those. There's NO limit to what they can do with covers.

Something funny: Stevie likes to hug on men she duets with. It would be funny to see the look on the guys' faces as Stevie gets touchy-feely all over Don during Leather and Lace. Lindsey especially might to take some strong anti-nausea pills. ;)

Brooke
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Soda, you really have thought this through!

I especially like the Witchy Woman scenario. :lol: Somehow, I'm thinking it ain't gonna happen!

Same thing with L & L.......I don't know, I just can't imagine it happening. I just can't see these people being all warm and fuzzy together. :eyebrow: I know, I know....they're professionals!

:shrug:

Freypower
12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Soda, Stevie's history is with Don (and Joe in another way). Do you think she could sing alternate verses with Glenn on any songs? The problem here, again, is that most of Glenn's songs are slow ballads (I won't start on what I think of that) and don't really lend themselves to alternate verses.

For what it's worth the current breakdown of lead vocals (this includes BBF, RMW and Somebody - all of which have been dropped recentlly) is:

Don: 11 (and the DVD I refer to also includes ASWTDID which makes 12)
Glenn: 8 (including How Long)
Joe: 6
Tim: 3

All: 1 (No More Walks In The Woods - on which Don is most prominent)

Molly
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Nancy...don't read the first part of my post...waiting for Nancy to look away...

Not a big fan of Stevie Nick's voice, don't know if I could listen to it for an entire show. Not without alcohol...for me, not Stevie....

...OK Nancy you can look now.

That being said -Irving...we have really nice roof on our stadium! No Christchurch here!

Willie! Don't sell off a body part when you have kids you can put up for auction!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Stevie has a great voice

Freypower
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
As someone who recently saw Stevie I have to say that her voice is not what it was (same with Art Garfunkel). The Herald reviewer made the point that whenever she sang with Lindsey his voice was mixed much higher and her voice disappeared. I was unfortunate to be standing right under her monitor which perhaps affected the way her voice sounded - and yet I still thought she gave a great performance on most songs, although as I said in my review she didn't seem very 'engaged'. I don't know how she'd 'engage' with Glenn and Tim as she doesn't really know either of them.

Molly
12-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Stevie has a great voice

As you like to say, you are entitled to your opinion.

And I am entitled to mine.

carol7lynn
12-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I think she sings fine. I wish I could sing like her-full out balls to the walls then little girl sweet. She gets my vote.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
12-18-2009, 02:45 AM
I don't know how she'd 'engage' with Glenn and Tim as she doesn't really know either of them.

Well, Glenn did open for Fleetwood Mac in 1982, and back around 1976 when Stevie was "on intimate terms" with Don, he was still living with Glenn. Remember that story Stevie tells about Glenn teasing her when she was having dinner with Don at their house - "spoiled yet?" Glenn asked her, much to her displeasure, lol.

For a couple quotes from Stevie on Glenn, see the old Glenn and Stevie thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102) from the Flip City days.

TimothyBFan
12-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Ooooh Molly--you're in so much trouble--we'll miss you here! ;)

Seriously, I don't know whether I've heard her voice recently or not, I guess I probably have but I'm not that good at really telling if something isn't quite right. Regardless, in my case, she could probably just stand there and not open her mouth and I'd be in such awe of her, I wouldn't even notice. To me, she is just a goddess! What a lady!

Prettymaid
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I think it would just be fun to see Stevie onstage with all of the guys from both bands and say, "She's had him and him and him and..." :hilarious:

sodascouts
12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, her voice has never been everyone's cup of tea and it's deeper than it used to be, but she really does rock! Such passion in her vocals! A fantastic performer, if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovpU0ZU4vwA

Prettymaid
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for that Soda. No doubt her voice is lower and she can't duplicate some of her old hits, like Rhiannon, but I agree - you can't say that she doesn't have passion!

GlennLover
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, Glenn did open for Fleetwood Mac in 1982, and back around 1976 when Stevie was "on intimate terms" with Don, he was still living with Glenn. Remember that story Stevie tells about Glenn teasing her when she was having dinner with Don at their house - "spoiled yet?" Glenn asked her, much to her displeasure, lol.

For a couple quotes from Stevie on Glenn, see the old Glenn and Stevie thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102) from the Flip City days.

Please correct me if I am imagining this, but haven't I read that Glenn said he asked her if she was "spoiled yet" because Don used to shower his girlfriends with expensive gifts & he was just inquiring if he had started showering her with presents? :confused:

Brooke
12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I have to agree, Stevie's voice is really 'different', and I've never gotten to see her solo or with FM, but she definitely gives it her all just from the dvds I've seen. She has put on fantastic shows and really rocks. :nod:

ETA: And even though her voice is 'different', it's great in what she does.

sodascouts
12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Please correct me if I am imagining this, but haven't I read that Glenn said he asked her if she was "spoiled yet" because Don used to shower his girlfriends with expensive gifts & he was just inquiring if he had started showering her with presents? :confused:

That would make sense, but I've never read it presented that way.... at least not in an interview with Stevie!

GlennLover
12-18-2009, 12:46 PM
That would make sense, but I've never read it presented that way.... at least not in an interview with Stevie!

I don't think that it was a Stevie interview. If I have time I'll try a search for it.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-18-2009, 02:01 PM
OMG - so much to say here, so little time!!!

I have to say that when I first read this news, I wasn't really jazzed with the idea. And while I'm still not thrilled about the idea of an extended tour, I think it would be really exciting for these two bands to play a handful of dates together.

These are all very talented and creative musicians, so I don't accept the notion that they couldn't pull off performing a couple of their songs together at all. My guess is that all of these band members have met one another, but even if they hadn't doesn't mean they couldn't perform together on the same stage.

sodascouts
12-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Ooooh Molly--you're in so much trouble--we'll miss you here! ;)

Don't worry... I dutifully averted my eyes. ;)

I think another good thing about this double bill is that perhaps it will garner appreciation by hardcores of one band for the other band. Yes, a lot of people were listening to both bands in the 70s. However, folks who missed that boat might only be into one of the groups. Remember, it was the Two Voices tour that introduced me, a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the world of the Eagles - and look at me now! Many other Mac fans will see the Eagles perform and undoubtedly realize (or be reminded of) how awesome they are... and vice versa.

Molly
12-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Don't worry... I dutifully averted my eyes. ;)

I think another good thing about this double bill is that perhaps it will garner appreciation by hardcores of one band for the other band. Yes, a lot of people were listening to both bands in the 70s. However, folks who missed that boat might only be into one of the groups. Remember, it was the Two Voices tour that introduced me, a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the world of the Eagles - and look at me now! Many other Mac fans will see the Eagles perform and undoubtedly realize (or be reminded of) how awesome they are... and vice versa.

I wasn't worried, Nancy, you know my weird sense of humor by now. Not sure if you appreciate, but you're aware of it!

Chances are I wouldn't venture out to see FM on a bill my itself. I like them-but I don't love them. And, I really miss Christine not being in the band, anymore. I've always preferred the songs she's done to the songs Stevie sings.

Who knows, maybe seeing Stevie perform live will make me a convert. I'm open to it.

cynd1231
12-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Timmy's website has an item posted that ran in one of the San Diego papers yesterday (12/18) with the following:

"...As the singing bassist in The Eagles from 1977 to 1980 (when the group imploded) and consistently since its “Hell Freezes Over” reunion tour in 1994, Schmit is a member of one of the biggest-selling acts in pop-music history. Moreover, The Eagles are still flying so high that its 2008 tour grossed a whopping $73.4 million. (A joint tour of stadiums and arenas by The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac is planned for next year. No dates have been announced yet.)"

While I'm not aware of any official announcement confirming a joint tour, the rumor mill and the media are giving an Eagles/Mac combined venture a great deal of attention. I'm certainly hopeful...would be one he-- of a show to see.....and I can already envision Don and Stevie taking center stage together for a little vocal collaberation! All we can do is stay tuned........

AzEaglesFan
12-20-2009, 03:43 AM
One of the Google Alerts I received stated, that WHEN the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did their joint tour that Stevie Nicks would be shareing the stage with 4 ex boyfriends. ;-)

Prettymaid
12-21-2009, 02:24 PM
One of the Google Alerts I received stated, that WHEN the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did their joint tour that Stevie Nicks would be shareing the stage with 4 ex boyfriends. ;-)

That's all she's admitted to! :wink:

sodascouts
12-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Someone on The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net) says he attempted to get additional confirmation from the FM camp and was told that Stevie might not be 100% on board... let's hope she doesn't "nix" this thing, lol.

carol7lynn
12-21-2009, 03:45 PM
That's all she's admitted to! :wink:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Let's face Stevie is beautiful, talented, an icon of seventies rock. What man stands a chance? :shrug:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

fmrocks
12-21-2009, 03:53 PM
hey Nancy I like your Eagles board! This is Kelly from BN! So here is where you have been hiding :lol:

I don't know about this ~ Stevie should not do anything she is not comfortable with ~ I am worried about Joe Walsh upsetting her!! He said some mean stuff about her back in the nineties even tho she always says nice things about him... Also maybe Lindsey would get upset if he had ot play Leather & Lace. It must be hard for him to see her sing with Don Henley because Don was Stevie's first boyfriend after Lindsey. Plus I saw the Two Voices show in 2005 and DOn was really boring until Stevie came out and then he got some energy ~ no offense Don fans!! I have never seen the Eagles tho so maybe he is different with them.

sodascouts
12-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey Kelly! Welcome!

I think Stevie will be just fine. She must be on good terms with Joe since she's always talking about their "great love." And Lindsey can deal with playing Leather and Lace. He's done it before (at the City of Hope benefit in 1982). Besides, Stevie has said her relationship with Lindsey was a "great love" as well, but not her relationship with Don.... although they are obviously close friends now. Maybe that will make Lindsey feel better. ;)

Heck, they might not even do L&L! It's kind of an intimate song, and it's hard to imagine six people milling about on the stage behind Stevie and Don as they sing it, lol.

fmrocks
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Well we know that Lindsey can be jealous but you're right ~ he is the great love! That doesn't mean he wants to watch Stevie and Don sing to each other while he plays guitar!

AzEaglesFan
12-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Maybe they need to put Lindsey's wife in the front row as a reminder that he has moved on and has a family that from what you read he is very happy with.

sodascouts
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah, not just Lindsey but all her ex-boyfriends are married with kids now. I think it's safe to say that the drama will not be what it might have been at one time. ;)

Again, if this happens, all parties involved have ok'ed it and so no one need worry about their ability to "handle" it.

tbs fanatic
12-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I still find it hard to believe either band would want to do this. Maybe for one show but a tour??????? Why?

12-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Well, in order for this tour to happen, I would think all of the 'players' involved here have moved on in their personal lives. I doubt if any of them would be willing to subject themselves to such awkwardness and discomfort if this were not the case. Stevie's only regret may be that when she takes the stage, she'll look at Glenn, Timothy, and John and wonder 'hmmm - too bad I didn't get to know these guys better'. :lol: Of course, I'm just kidding about that last part.

I know there must be lots of details that have to be worked out to make this happen as evidenced by all the speculating we're doing in this thread. But, hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer to find out if this thing is a go or not. However, us long-time Eagles fans know that patience is a virtue. :wink:

fmrocks
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe they need to put Lindsey's wife in the front row as a reminder that he has moved on and has a family that from what you read he is very happy with.

I don't believe everything I read.

Again, if this happens, all parties involved have ok'ed it and so no one need worry about their ability to "handle" it.

Lindsey OK'ed the Tango in the Night tour in 1987, and they started scheduling dates... then he got in a fight with Stevie, had a huge meltdown, and backed out... that was 10 years after they 'broke up' and he was with someone else...

Freypower
12-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Are you saying you don't believe Lindsey is currently happy with his family? I don't know what to make of that. I would not presume that much.

I think we should remember that IF (and it is a very big if) the two bands share a stage at all, it would only be for a couple of songs.

sodascouts
12-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Surely they would do at least a couple songs together, if this happens. Otherwise, the act that went on first would appear to simply be an opening act. Plus, what a wonderful, rare opportunity it would be!

carol7lynn
12-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Lindsey watched Don & Stevie sing L&L to each other in Dec 2001 at the Arizonia Heart Institute Stevie & Friends Benefit Concert in Phoenix. I was there and he did fine.

Joe isn't the only one who has dissed Miss Stevie. Don did it too not to long ago-said something like "I don't know who she is anymore." Sounds like spoiled grapes on both men's part if you ask me. People who have been dumped tend to bash the one that dumped them. :steviesmack:Just sayin'.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Freypower
12-26-2009, 06:43 AM
After a pleasant Boxing Day at my mother's having consumed champagne and now on a Stella Artois, so I am somewhat 'mellow'..... can I say I would like to hear Glenn & Lindsey duet on Go Your Own Way and/or Heartache Tonight. I would hope it wouldn't be all 'Don and Stevie' interesting though that would be.

Out of interest, Mick Fleetwood will be back here in February with his own Blues Band.

ETA: This is a first - it's 10.23 pm on December 26 and I'm the only member on line!:computer:

Prettymaid
12-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Had the local classic rock radio station on at work the other day, and after they played The Long Run the DJ commented on the Eagles/ Fleetwood Mac tour this coming summer. Must be a done deal if they're talking about it on the radio.

sodascouts
12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
PM, unfortunately, radio stations get stuff wrong all the time. However, I am allowing myself to get more and more hopeful that this will happen!

CL, Stevie has never said that she dumped Don, as far as I know. It's unclear exactly who left whom there. I get the impression that he just kind of stopped sending the booty-call jet for her after the unplanned pregnancy and abortion took the shine off the rose for both of them - that there was no real breakup per se, just a breaking off of contact until it became obvious that it was over without the words ever having to be said. That's just speculation derived from reading a lot of interviews, though.

As for Joe, the breakup went down with her giving him an ultimatum, him giving her one in return, and the whole thing crumbling as a result. She left him because he wasn't willing to get serious, so if anything he broke her heart, not vice versa. He still acted like a douche by insulting her regularly for the next few years onstage and on radio programs, but unless I'm mistaken, that stopped when he sobered up in 1994/1995.

In fact, I don't think either guy has dissed her recently. Or did I miss something?

Stevie only speaks of Don and Joe in glowing terms. They are lucky she is so kind, generous, and forgiving, because they've both done her wrong.

What's past is past, though, and they're both better men now. Heck, in the case of Don, Stevie now calls him a close friend. According to her, he's one of the first people she called when she was in New York on September 11, 2001. That says a lot.

MikeA
12-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I can't remember where I heard/read this, but with Walsh and Nicks, my understanding was that they were "enabling" each other with drugs, realized it or one of them did, and knew that at that particular time, they were going to both go down if they didn't split.

I'm just recalling that....not looking directly at any documentation about it. But it is pretty vivid in memory (such as it is).

12-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Mike - I think you are right. Here is the link to a thread where we had a pretty extensive discussion here about Joe and Stevie's relationship. It was apparently pretty intense.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209

Now, as far as how all this personal drama would play out if the two bands do tour, I have to think that all of them have moved on and would be able to deal with it in a mature, professional manner. If that is not the case, then I don't think the tour will happen at all.

sodascouts
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Another news story - it sounds more definitive, but I'm still waiting for an official announcement.

Eagles/Fleetwood Mac Tour - JamBase.com (http://www.jambase.com/Articles/21090/Eagles.Fleetwood-Mac-Tour)

Shadowland07
01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
i got my rolling stone magazine today in the mail and they mentioned the tour on pg 18. its the Jan 21 issue. i'm getting pretty excited, now we just wait for ticket prices and dates lol

sodascouts
01-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey - do you mind telling us what it says exactly? In other words, is it confirmed as happening? Thanks!

Shadowland07
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Eagles, Fleetwood Mac Prep Tour:

Two giants of Seventies rock - the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac - are planning a joint tour for next summer. The outing will hit stadiums and arenas, and will include multinight stands in some markets. "Any time you have two stars on a package, it becomes a bigger evening," says Billy Joel's booking agent Dennis Arfa of Artist Group International. "The problem is that when you go into stadiums, it's harder to sell to the baby-boomer audience." Both groups have toured extensively in recent years; Fleetwood Mac hit the road in 2009, without a new album to support, and grossed $63 million over 59 shows. Touring behind 2007's Long Road Out Of Eden, the Eagles grossed $57 million over 50 nights in 2008.

sodascouts
01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks!

Brooke
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks S07! This is really sounding like it's going to happen. Surely a giant like RS wouldn't be putting this out if it were iffy.

tbs fanatic
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I still find this a bit incredulous :eyebrow:. I think the writer is right about baby boomers and stadiums and also about saving now for the, no doubt, insane ticket price that will be coming our way - LOL.

01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks SL07 for that info from Rolling Stone. More and more, it looks like this may really happen. I have mixed feelings about it, but will reserve judgement until we get an official announcement and/or all the nitty gritty little details. :nod: :nope: :nod: :nope:

sodascouts
01-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Aw, man! Look what trackaghost from The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net) transcribed from Timothy's radio interview today:

Simon Mayo: "There was talk of The Eagles doing a stadium tour with Fleetwood Mac this year. Is there any chance of that happening?"

Timothy: "Well, erm, I just emailed our manager this morning and asked him that question - what we were doing during this summer and I didn't specifically ask him that but he did, he told me about that and it appears that that is not happening. So all these big rumours are just simply rumours. I think that it was being pursued for a while, that was the reality, but I don't think it's gonna happen. But I think we are still going to go out this summer but I'm not exactly sure with who or with anybody."

Simon Mayo: "So there's a chance The Eagles might be touring with another band?"

Timothy: "I think so, I think it's all up in the air at the moment. We are playing by ourselves, just us, during the Spring. We're starting at the Hollywood Bowl in April and we're gonna do a handful of shows and then we're going to take a break to probably mid-summer. I don't know what that schedule is yet."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freypower
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
If touring with Fleetwood Mac had meant that they reduced their show to 90 minutes, cutting out either the acoustic set or the LROOE songs, then I honestly feel that they are better off just headlining a tour themselves. And yet Tim doesn't rule out touring with 'another band'.

GlennLover
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
I posted the link to the interview in the Timothy in The Press thread earlier. He sang a couple of songs, one of which he worked up just for the interview.

DonFan
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm so disappointed. I really wanted to see the two bands together.

Super Frey
01-13-2010, 10:25 PM
I wanted to see that too. My dad on the other hand said it would ruin there image.:?

Shadowland07
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
at least Tim said that they will tour this summer :) so a chance to see them again

TimothyBFan
01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Not a bit surprised to be honest. I really never thought that would happen and would be very surprised if they'd tour with anybody. But if not FM then I wonder who they would consider touring with. I'm with FP here-much rather see an Eagles 3 hour show than only 90 minutes of them and 90 of anyone else. JMO.

Brooke
01-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not surprised either. They don't need anyone else to sell tickets, so why would they tour with anyone else?

I'm with TBF and Fp on this, too.

01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Well - as I said before, I had mixed feelings about this. I agree with Nancy that it would be very cool to see these two bands on the same stage - especially if they shared the stage for an encore. But, I also agree that I would probably rather spend my money to see each band separately playing a full set.

sodascouts
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
But if they had played together, it would have been so EPIC!!! They didn't even do that at the RRHOF.

Oh well. If it's not to be, it's not to be.

GlennLover
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Not a bit surprised to be honest. I really never thought that would happen and would be very surprised if they'd tour with anybody. But if not FM then I wonder who they would consider touring with. I'm with FP here-much rather see an Eagles 3 hour show than only 90 minutes of them and 90 of anyone else. JMO.

I'm with you, Willie. And besides, [Soda Pleeeease don't hit me (or banish me to Hell)] I don't really care for Fleetwood Mac (running for the door as fast as I can)! :fear:

sodascouts
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm with you, Willie. And besides, [Soda Pleeeease don't hit me (or banish me to Hell)] I don't really care for Fleetwood Mac (running for the door as fast as I can)! :fear:

WHAT????

FOR THIS BLASPHEMY YOU MUST PAY!!!

:saberfight::lightsaber:

Since the Force is on the side of good - ie Fleetwood Mac - I imagine you have been sufficiently punished now. ;)

tbs fanatic
01-14-2010, 03:26 PM
LOL - I'm going along with everyone else. Not very surprised to hear that. Can you imagine what the ticket price would of been - out of my range that's for sure.

GlennLover
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
WHAT????

FOR THIS BLASPHEMY YOU MUST PAY!!!

:saberfight::lightsaber:

Since the Force is on the side of good - ie Fleetwood Mac - I imagine you have been sufficiently punished now. ;)

I thought that I'd get one of these :steviesmack:

sodascouts
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, I wanted to go easy on ya, not many folks can take a Stevie tambourine to the face! ;) Lindsey Buckingham and Don Henley found that out the hard way I think...

GlennLover
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Well, I wanted to go easy on ya, not many folks can take a Stevie tambourine to the face! ;) Lindsey Buckingham and Don Henley found that out the hard way I think...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:!

eaglesvet
01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I guess I would've joined up with Soda in looking forward to seeing these 2 bands together...bummer!:thumbsdown: I think it would have made for some very interesting stage presents...er, presence.

Freypower
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I still think it was a huge assumption to make that the two bands would have ever played together on stage at the same time. Having said that the Eagles did do that with the Dixie Chicks. But that was at the Artists' Rights show, not at an ordinary gig.

AzEaglesFan
01-18-2010, 04:01 AM
I've read that the two will not be touring together. Has anyone else hear anything:thumbsdown:

GlennLover
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Timothy said in a BBC interview last week that it's not going to happen although it had been talked about.

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Another LiveDaily.com (http://www.livedaily.com/news/21297.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+livedailynews+%28LiveDaily+Top+ Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Reader) article, released yesterday, says it is still in the planning stages. Perhaps they just haven't gotten the memo?