PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary to The Border!

sodascouts
12-15-2009, 01:10 AM
It was three years ago today that I opened the Border, a public incarnation of our old private board Flip City which had been created a year prior to that. At the time, we only had one style (the dark blue one) and a handful of members. We didn't know if the board would grow or not, but it didn't matter, because we knew it would be fun!

And now here we are, three years, almost 500 members, 2000 threads, and 90,000 posts later... still having fun. As more and more people have joined, things have just gotten better.

I want to thank everyone who participates in this board - you make it what it is. I have met so many people here whom I treasure as friends. Without you guys, it would just me and a bunch of emoticons.

Thanks again!

:grouphug:

TimothyBFan
12-15-2009, 08:04 AM
:applause::applause::applause: Congrats Soda and The Border. Nancy you do a fantastic job on this board and the sites and there's no way to express exactly what this board has meant to me since joining. I truly thank you for your love and dedication to all you do. I really wish I would of found and joined the board sooner. Never the less, I am extremely glad that I decided to join here and feel I have made some true cyber friends. I'm also happy that I have gotten the chance to meet several of you in person and have become friends.

:cheers: Hope for many many years to come!!

HAPPY BORDERVERSARY!!!!

Prettymaid
12-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Without you guys, it would just me and a bunch of emoticons.

:rofl:I'm just envisioning Soda here all by herself using the emoticons...:wink: :wink::rofl:I'm laughing so hard I am crying!:weep:

Happy Anniversary to The Border! And here's to many more!!! :cheers:

Koala
12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Happy Anniversary to The Border!

Soda, thanks for your great and fantastic work here!
Hope for many more wonderful years!:cheers:

sodascouts
12-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks again!

:rofl:I'm just envisioning Soda here all by herself using the emoticons...;) ;):rofl:I'm laughing so hard I am crying!:weep:

Well, I would've had to entertain myself somehow!

:brickwall: :-( :eyebrow: :nahnah: :thumbsup: :-x :) :partytime: :angel: :worried: :fear: :hilarious: :doh: :love: :yawn: :laugh: :dizzy: :razz: :pimp: :huh: :xoxo: :yuck: :shock: :scowl: :singer: :guitar: :blush: :headbang: :hand: :| :faint: :ziplip: :headscratch: :rockguitar: :depressed: :smokin: :cry: :lie: :thud::drunk: :unimpressed: :drool: :evil: :shy: :pray: :steviesmack: :jealous: :shrug: :hug: :censored: :bye: :twisted: :sigh: :shh: :coke: :woah: :grooving: 8) :iloveyou: :roll: :inlove: :nausea: :wave: :bow: :nervous: :blueblob: ;) :ack: :nod: :spin: :nope: :smitten: :fainted: :stunned: :yay: :hmm: :kiss: :fainting: :rockon: :o :heart: :thumbsdown: :whip: :headshake: :oops: :enraged: :idea: :argue: :samurai: :pace: :zzz: :fight: :help: :lightsaber: :robinhood: :crazy: :fingerwag: :sword: :tonguewag: :armed: :mrgreen: :-D :machinegun: :mad: :cuss: :stop: :makeout: :rolleyes: :puke: :jawdrop: :saberfight: :band: :computer: :soda:

Prettymaid
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Now Nancy, don't get all emotional on us! :hilarious:

EagleLady
12-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Congrats Nancy! And thanks for all you do here on the border.

Troubadour
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Happy Anniversary to The Border! I've said before what this place means to me. It's a wonderful community, and without it, I would never have travelled to Oklahoma to see Don Henley and met some of the nicest, most generous people I've ever met. Thanks again, Nancy, and I'm raising a glass to many more years of Borderdom! :cheers:

Btw - I love the dark blue style!

Brooke
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
HAPPY BORDERVERSARY TO YOU, NANCY!

Thanks for making such a wonderful, fun, friendly site for everyone here to discuss our favorite band and it's members (and it's past members, wannabes, and anything else we want to talk about!). And for bringing all of us cyber buddies together from all over the world. You rock! :cheers:

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Happy Anniversary to the Border from me as well. And Nancy, once again may I echo the sentiments of the others who have posted today in saying how much I love coming here and how much I appreciate the efforts you have put into making it the premier Eagles site online. I have made many wonderful friends here, some of whom I'm in daily contact with and others who drop in and out of my life when our paths cross. I have also had the priviledge of meeting some Borderers in person and hope to meet others at some stage soon.
We have a wonderful community here which extends far and wide.

Three cheers for the Border

Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray

:cheers::cheers:

GlennLover
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BORDER!

Thank you sooo much Nancy for all the hard work that you do here! I still find it incomprehensible that someone as busy as yourself can & wants to find the time to make this such a wonderful place to visit, with people that I consider my friends. I genuinely wish that I will be able to meet at least some of you. Thank you everyone for your posts & contributions to "The Border". I am going through a rather difficult time right now & it really helps to know that I can come here to receive encouragement & experience the enjoyment of sharing my love of the Eagles with others who appreciate them as much as I do. I have also learned about a lot of things, such as the technical aspects of guitar playing, and I have been enlightened by the in depth discussions on a wide range of subjects. Thanks again everyone! :bow::iloveyou:

Prettymaid
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks again, Nancy, and I'm raising a glass to many more years of Borderdom! :cheers:

Troub, when I read this quickly the first time I thought you had written "many more years of boredom"! :hilarious:

That's one thing The Border never is... boring!

Troubadour
12-15-2009, 06:35 PM
LOL! You said it, PM.

ticky
12-15-2009, 11:25 PM
HAPPY BORDERVERSERY TO EVERYONE!!!!
We're all so much a part of what makes this a great place to be. A Very VERY special Happy Borderversery to Nancy and a huge wet sloppy thank you for making this such a fun and easy place to be, but formost a Happy Borderversery to our beloved guys
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesHCPress.jpg
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesgoodnight.jpg
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesIndy09.jpg

they are why we do what we do.

Freypower
12-16-2009, 02:18 AM
AWWWW!

I echo what everyone else has said. As a founder member it's been a huge privilege to be here from the beginning. Nancy's hard work, dedication and sense of humour has made us the place we are.

:computer: Borderers indulging in their favourite activity.

:soda:'Our Fearless Leader'.

:band: Those guys who draw us here.

:steviesmack: Soda's other favourite people.

:cheers: Let's party!

:inlove:What we think of our respective favourite Eagles.

:grouphug: How we feel about each other!

:thud:Example of what we hope 2010 will bring.

AzEaglesFan
12-16-2009, 02:29 AM
You have done such a great job here at The Border and continue to expand the site. I feel so luck to benefit from all your hard work and appreciate everything that you have done. :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks again!

Well, I would've had to entertain myself somehow!

:brickwall: :-( :eyebrow: :nahnah: :thumbsup: :-x :) :partytime: :angel: :worried: :fear: :hilarious: :doh: :love: :yawn: :laugh: :dizzy: :razz: :pimp: :huh: :xoxo: :yuck: :shock: :scowl: :singer: :guitar: :blush: :headbang: :hand: :| :faint: :ziplip: :headscratch: :rockguitar: :depressed: :smokin: :cry: :lie: :thud::drunk: :unimpressed: :drool: :evil: :shy: :pray: :steviesmack: :jealous: :shrug: :hug: :censored: :bye: :twisted: :sigh: :shh: :coke: :woah: :grooving: 8) :iloveyou: :roll: :inlove: :nausea: :wave: :bow: :nervous: :blueblob: ;) :ack: :nod: :spin: :nope: :smitten: :fainted: :stunned: :yay: :hmm: :kiss: :fainting: :rockon: :o :heart: :thumbsdown: :whip: :headshake: :oops: :enraged: :idea: :argue: :samurai: :pace: :zzz: :fight: :help: :lightsaber: :robinhood: :crazy: :fingerwag: :sword: :tonguewag: :armed: :mrgreen: :-D :machinegun: :mad: :cuss: :stop: :makeout: :rolleyes: :puke: :jawdrop: :saberfight: :band: :computer: :soda:
TOO FUNNY!!! Now, Soda, I think you are well over the maximum limit of FIVE (5) emoticons per post....I will have to speak to the appropriate moderator about this. (hmmph...newbies...)

All kidding aside, I have to echo the sentiments already stated. Although my time on the Border varies from lots to little depending on what else is going on in my other life, that doesn't mean that you all are not in my thoughts! We know how daily things "remind us of the Border and of other Borderers," and that is all thanks to Nancy and her hard work. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

I also appreciate having been able to meet some of you in person, and hope to be able to meet more in the future! :grouphug:

TimothyBFan
12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
TOO FUNNY!!! Now, Soda, I think you are well over the maximum limit of FIVE (5) emoticons per post....I will have to speak to the appropriate moderator about this. (hmmph...newbies...)

:laugh: I forgot about that rule! Funny!!

eaglesvet
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I just spent a little time browsing but I can't seem to figure it out elsewhere on the Border... surprisingly, today I woke up to the Halloween style! I know I didn't change it over...any reason for it that I can't figure out??? How bizarre...I'm wondering if there are some new gremlins at work in my home...they've never shown any interest in the Border before, however! :shrug: :laugh:

TimothyBFan
12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
EV--ME TOO!! Whew! I thought I was nuts. I changed my setting yesterday and thought maybe somehow I had changed it to Halloween by accident. Glad to know I'm not going crazy or at least not alone! :dizzy:

EagleLady
12-16-2009, 01:50 PM
It was that way for me too. weird

Prettymaid
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Hmmm, I am...er,uh...my computer was perfectly normal.

sodascouts
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed! I accidentally set the default to Halloween style when I meant to change it back to Christmas style! :blush:

And thanks for the kind words, guys!

Glennhoney
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
.......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...and keep up the excellent work..

Super Frey
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Happy Anniversary! :soda:

eaglesvet
12-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed! I accidentally set the default to Halloween style when I meant to change it back to Christmas style! :blush:

And thanks for the kind words, guys!
And here I was, ready to blame my kids...which was a little hard to swallow, since like I said, they had never shown any interest in the Border before. However, around Halloween, I did happen to show Graham that style, and I did get the inkling that he liked it, so he would have been the likely culprit! :nahnah:

Hmmpf...newbies!:wink::hilarious:

At least now Willie and I can verify we are not going crazy (at least in regards to this one detail...)

Stars
12-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Happy Anniversary to the Border!! Nancy, thanks so much for all your hard work-I have had a ball here, meeting like minded people in cyberspace, and also in person! This is a wonderful, warm community, and you deserve a lot of credit for helping to make it so.
As for the Halloween Border the other day, I got the biggest kick out of it-I was also wondering if some gremlins had taken over my computer, as I have had problems with it in the past!:hilarious:
At any rate, here's to many many more years of the Border, and love and seasons greetings to all!!:applause::thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, I'm sorry that I have been MIA for the last few weeks, and it's good to be back. I can tell I missed a lot, especially the celebration of the anniversary of The Border. As Soda said, we have come a long way since the days of Flip City, but the main thing is that we have had a good time doing it. As everyone else here said, we have a wonderful community of Eagles fans that have come to together to have fun, learn from one another, talk about our favorite band, and, yes, play with emoticons.

HAPPY BORDERVERSARY!!!

:cheers: to many more years of Eagles fun here!!!

Fan_For_Life
12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I have to say thanks Soda, I think it was you, who found me on myspace and directed me to this site. I enjoy coming here. Thanks for all you do for us and thanks do the borderers for making it fun to visit. :)

Peekaboo
12-22-2009, 06:26 AM
HAPPY BORDERVERSARY!!!

I always miss this place when I can't get on here for a day or two. With the exception of missing the last few weeks, it's become apart of my daily routine to check in here. I love reading about the latest Eagles news or seeing new pics or even pics we've seen a thousand times. It's just exciting to be apart of a community of people that love this band as much as I do. I've met such wonderful people here, both in person and in cyberspace. You are all considered dear friends. Thanks so much to Nancy and all of the moderators for making this place what it is. All of your hardwork and dedication is greatly appreciated. I don't know what I would do if there was no Border. I don't even want to think about that. I love this place!!!