PDA

View Full Version : Timothy heading for Europe in 2010

TimothyBFan
12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
This just came in google alerts!! How cool!!

http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/music/article_20e8b782-6ca4-5d85-933e-d4b5dedcfc8d.html

(http://www.nctimes.com/)

timfan
12-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Wowee So looks like those of you in Europe may get a chance to see Timmy solo too; HOW COOL IS THAT!! :thumbsup:

Freypower
12-17-2009, 05:44 PM
It says he's going to 'promote the new album'. It doesn't say he's going to tour Europe. I think the word 'tour' relates to his current activity.

EagleLady
12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
No offense again FP, But does it really matter what it says, He's going to Europe either way. ;)

Freypower
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
YES, EL. He is going to Europe. But he is going on a promotional trip, not a tour. Is that so hard?

EagleLady
12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Gosh. :-x

Freypower
12-17-2009, 06:12 PM
EL, I know that was harsh, but you did not have to repeat that 'Tim is going to Europe anyway'. I know that. The point I was making is that he isn't going on tour in Europe. I hope that I am proved wrong for our European members but I don't like jumping to conclusions for no reason.

luvthelighthouse
12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
IMO, in this case, it sounds like he will be doing a mini tour. Why bother promoting it if you aren't going to play it... especially since he's now in touring mode.

I guess only time will tell.

Glennsallnighter
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Well hopefully he WILL do a mini tour. I'm thinking about Laura's birthday already :wink:. But it COULD also mean a few album signings and/or tv appearances as well. I know over here an appearance on the premier talk show, the 'Late Late Show' often precedes both. But I'm really only speculating.

TimothyBFan
12-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Unless I'm missing something here, I don't see where anyone even mentioned he was "touring" Europe. My thread title says he's "heading" to Europe and the artice says "he heads to Europe to promote". But I will admit, as soon as I read it, my immediate thought was a mini tour like we have been getting over here. It only made sense to me. Am I missing something?

Freypower
12-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Wowee So looks like those of you in Europe may get a chance to see Timmy solo too; HOW COOL IS THAT!! :thumbsup:

I interpreted TF's post where she says 'a chance to see Timmy solo' as assuming he would play shows.

Does he really have a big enough fan base in Europe? Where would he play?

eaglesvet
12-17-2009, 11:05 PM
When Kay and I saw Tim in NYC, we heard from Tim, Hank, and the backup singers (at separate times throughout the night) that he would be performing more shows-- and the two locations buzzed were NYC and Paris. Remember, this was the show with the infamous woman from France, so there was a reason for them to be mentioning future performances in her country. Just sayin'.

Koala
12-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Early next year, Schmit heads to Europe to promote the new album before he has to "put on my Eagles hat again for a little spring touring run." (The band performs at the Hollywood Bowl, April 16, 17 and 20.) So far, he is pleased with the reception to the solo album and tour.

WOW! Great news! I hope Tim promotes his album (with a small tour) also in Germany and then hopefully I can see them too!

TimothyBFan
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks FP for clearing that up for me. I thought I wasn't seeing something.

As for enough of a fan base, I'd like to think so but I'm somewhat delusional when it comes to Tim, so who really knows.

I want to make a point and ask if anyone else thinks so. We've established with us here all over the country and other parts of the world that you cannot just walk into a store and get the cd off the shelf, it isn't getting any airplay as far as I've heard (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) even tho Timothy said in Chicago they (don't know who) were trying to get it on the radio, even on Eagles Radio (can you tell I'm rather sour about that in past post?). My question is--who the h*ll is suppose to be doing the promoting for this cd? It almost looks to me that Tim himself is. I know that like CL has been doing with the flyers/cards/coasters at the places he is playing etc. But how many people is that really reaching and obviously those people already know about it or they wouldn't be at the concerts anyways. What about the public that doesn't know that the bassist for the Eagles has a new cd out and that it is FANTASTIC? Know what I'm saying? It just seems to me anyways (and it could just be me!) that he isn't getting a lot of support or help in selling the cd or promoting his concerts. JMO

tbs fanatic
12-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree. The promotion part of this stinks. As for whether he will or will not tour in Europe - who knows? But it would be safe to assume there's a good chance of something happening along those lines. I'm sure there are plenty of small venues in Europe that would be happy to have him.

Prettymaid
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
European Eagles fans may want to see their bass player do a solo gig. Remember, even here in the states he is just doing small (75-200 seat) shows. Surely he can find some small venues to play.

FP, while I applaud you for "keeping it real", sometimes I feel as if a wet blanket has been thrown over the enthusiasm here. I often see where you're coming from but it's hard for me to see things as you do. But conversely, you probably don't often see things as I do.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
When Kay and I saw Tim in NYC, we heard from Tim, Hank, and the backup singers (at separate times throughout the night) that he would be performing more shows-- and the two locations buzzed were NYC and Paris. Remember, this was the show with the infamous woman from France, so there was a reason for them to be mentioning future performances in her country. Just sayin'.

That is true, Eva. The implication that night was that "they" were going to Europe. There would be no need for the band to accompany Tim if he isn't going to perform some shows ... But stay tuned - I guess we'll see ...

Freypower
12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
European Eagles fans may want to see their bass player do a solo gig. Remember, even here in the states he is just doing small (75-200 seat) shows. Surely he can find some small venues to play.

FP, while I applaud you for "keeping it real", sometimes I feel as if a wet blanket has been thrown over the enthusiasm here. I often see where you're coming from but it's hard for me to see things as you do. But conversely, you probably don't often see things as I do.

I know that PM. I am well aware that both here & in the Fleetwood Mac thread I have been something of a 'wet blanket' for which I apologise. I tend to look at these things rather microscopically rather than just being excited. One of the reasons for that is that I am (ahem) 'So Far Away' from the rest of you and most of these experiences the rest of you find exciting pass me by. You can perhaps guess what the other reason is. Most of the recent events have tended to involve three of the Eagles. While the Fleetwood Mac tour will obviously involve all Eagles, as I tried to explain I can see problems with it from my viewpoint. But it is probably wrong for me to focus so much on that.

Regarding Tim possibly playing in Europe I had forgotten that he mentioned Paris at one of his shows. I hope he does it - it would be great for him and the fans over there.

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
This is interesting... but I doubt he will come to Germany. Neither for promoting the album nor for concerts. :brickwall: Sorry Koala, but I hope I'm wrong. :sad:

Koala
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
This is interesting... but I doubt he will come to Germany. Neither for promoting the album nor for concerts. :brickwall: Sorry Koala, but I hope I'm wrong. :sad:

I really hope you're wrong but I'm afraid you're right!

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
In case you hear anything important about it please send me a text message so I don't miss anything, ok? :)

Koala
01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
In case you hear anything important about it please send me a text message so I don't miss anything, ok? :)
of course I will send you a text message,should something important happen! :)

TimothyBFan
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
My friend Mark who lives in London and works in the heart of it says he will keep an eye and ear open for anything going on with Tim over there for me. Hopefully he'll have some info from somewhere!

01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Well since Tim's European trip is supposed to be this month, and no one's heard any announcements about show dates, it appears that he's only going to be doing a promotional tour. :-( :-( :-(

Peekaboo
01-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Dang!! I've missed a lot over the last month. I've only just read this thread and have become aware of Tim's trip to Europe. That's so great for those of you in Europe. I hope he makes an appearance somewhere near our European Borderers.

Btw, I was under the impression that Tim would be doing a mini-tour when I first read that article. After reading it again i can see how that can be interpreted either way.

EasyFeeling
01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Well since Tim's European trip is supposed to be this month, and no one's heard any announcements about show dates, it appears that he's only going to be doing a promotional tour. :-( :-( :-(

Too bad :sad: When it comes to solo shows we Europeans are left out in the cold. It this the correct phrase? Looked it up in the English dic http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Girls/smilie_girl_120.gif

01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
EF - your English dictionary did not let you down. "Left out in the cold" is a perfect phrase to describe the lack of solo shows for you folks outside of the U.S. :-(