PDA

View Full Version : Actress Brittany Murphy Dead at Age 32

Ive always been a dreamer
12-20-2009, 04:22 PM
This is terribly sad news. I just saw on MSN that Brittany Murphy was pronounced dead at a L.A. hospital today of an apparent heart attack. I thought she was a very talented actress. My thoughts are with her family and friends as they come to terms with her untimely passing.

EagleLady
12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
How Sad. Losing so many talented Actors too soon :-(

Troubadour
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I just read this on Yahoo. So, so sad. This terrifies me as my family has a history of heart disease. My Dad has a heart attack and died at the age of 43.

May Brittany rest in peace. She was a brilliant actress, and really beautiful.

Stars
12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I felt so sad when I read this on the internet tonight. I remember seeing her in a movie with Dakota Fanning (can't remember the title), and she was so beautiful and charming in it. My prayers are with her family and friends. How terribly tragic to lose a loved one at such a young age, and especially at this time of year.

Fan_For_Life
12-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I heard this morning. How sad. :sigh:

sodascouts
12-21-2009, 10:55 AM
How tragic!

thelongrun
12-21-2009, 02:12 PM
What's wrong with that picture? Jesus another one... That girl had true carisma....

TimothyBFan
12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I remember hearing a story regarding young actors/actresses a couple years ago, when Brittany Spears, the Olson twins and after Heath died, that Ms. Murphy was one of the rare ones that seemed to have her head together. They claimed she didn't do drugs or do a bunch of partying. It just doesn't seem fair that she's gone so young now.

Glennsallnighter
12-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I echo my sympathies to Brittany's family and friends as well. I read today that she had been fairly heavily dependent on perscription drugs for some ailment or something and it may have been an unintentional overdose or misdose that may have caused the attack. But thats just hearsay.

Lou :hug: Try not to worry. You are doing the right things, eating healthily, taking exercise and watching your health. Please God you will have a long and healthy life.

bernie's bender
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I remember hearing a story regarding young actors/actresses a couple years ago, when Brittany Spears, the Olson twins and after Heath died, that Ms. Murphy was one of the rare ones that seemed to have her head together. They claimed she didn't do drugs or do a bunch of partying. It just doesn't seem fair that she's gone so young now.

Oh gosh, I don't know where you heard that. BM had terrible struggles with drugs and her sanity. I'm fairly confident that her autopsy will show that drugs were a major part of her demise.

She had a pretty major scandal recently with some fairly bizarre behavior at a Bar Mizvah which resulted in her losing her manager etc...

I am so, so sorry to know of her passing in part because she is leaving so troubled and so many things screwed up.

Unfortunately, I think she is just days from being savaged by the press... her problems make this story even more sad for me...

Peekaboo
12-22-2009, 05:48 AM
It was a shocker to learn of this news. Just like with the death of Heath Ledger, the news is unbelievable. I thought she was a very talented actress and a good singer too. I loved her singing in the movie Happy Feet. My sympathies are with her loved ones during this difficult time.

TimothyBFan
05-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Did you guys see this? How sad.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20100524/US.Brittany.Murphy.Husband.Dead/

Brittany Murphy's husband is found dead at home

LOS ANGELES — The husband of Brittany Murphy was found dead late Sunday at the Los Angeles home he shared with the late actress, police said.
The preliminary cause of British screenwriter Simon Monjack's death is natural causes, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said. Another spokesman, Sgt. Alex Ortiz, said there were no signs of foul play or any criminal activity.
Murphy died after collapsing in her Hollywood Hills home on Dec. 20.
Firefighters responding to an emergency call from a woman at 9:40 p.m. found the 39-year-old Monjack dead at the Hollywood Hills residence, Lozano said. Ortiz said he didn't know who called. Monjack and Murphy had shared their home with Murphy's mother, Sharon.
Ortiz said that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office was taking over the investigation because criminal activity had been ruled out, and would provide more details later on the death and circumstances surrounding it.
At his wife's funeral in December, a visibly emotional Monjack talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007. He had said that they had been planning a family and contemplating a move to New York.
Monjack is credited as producer and co-writer of the 2001 film "Two Days, Nine Lives" and executive producer of the 2006 "Factory Girl."
Murphy, best known for her major roles in "Clueless," "Girl Interrupted," and "8 Mile" in 2002, died at age 32. The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Murphy's death was accidental, but likely preventable.
Monjack Dies Five Months After Wife Brittany Murphy

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.
An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I hadn't had a chance to reply to this before now, but this is just extremely sad. I don't know what else to say. RIP Simon.

Prettymaid
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
It's very bizarre and sad.