PDA

View Full Version : Time to Belly-Up-Dec 21st!

carol7lynn
12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
:computer: Sooo! The ride is over. Time to open up my parachute and come back down to earth. I'm dog tired but thought I'd let everyone know the highlights. Well actually there was only one highlight-Timmy's son Ben joined his daddy on stage for White Boy and was awesome.

I ran into Ben earlier in the evening and had no idea who he was. We were both going into the venue at the same time and I noticed him but thought he was just some kid whose band was going to open for them (meaning Jack Tempchen and Timmy). He was with another guy about his age and they were carrying guitar cases. While I was hanging posters and putting cards on the tables, during soundcheck, I over-heard the manager tell him he had to stay back stage because they weren't twenty-one. Wasn't until later, when Timmy brought him onstage, that I realized who he was.

Timmy said that his wife wasn't feeling well so she stayed home and he brought Ben and Owen instead. Nothing else majored happened. The place was packed and some people talked more than they listened (which Timmy made a passing remark about) but it was a Monday and not a Friday Night after-!:partytime:

"The tourette", as Timmy termed it, was something I will never forget. He thanked everyone for giving him such a nice "Christmas gift."

BTW my camera jammed and I wasn't able to get any pixs or vids. But the place was camera friendly and I saw lots of people taking pixs/vids which I'm sure will be on youtube soon.

And, that's the way it is!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

sodascouts
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
So the journey comes to an end! Thanks for all the reviews, info, and photos/video when possible. We've loved coming along with you!

TimothyBFan
12-23-2009, 08:11 AM
CL what an experience for you! I'm sure you will be on a high from it for weeks! Thanks for sharing.

carol7lynn
12-23-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm still pinching myself. Getting in early, hanging out with the band (except for TBS) before the show was liking winning the lottery. Of course I would have liked to have met Timmy again too (Did meet him briefly at the Coronet in Oct.) but I'm very grateful for the role that LHRs and TBS's tour manager allowed me to play in Timmy's first solo tourette. I still don't believe it all happened because of Cyndie's :angel: post. Seems almost like fate to me.

Hope everyone has a Happy XMAS and a prosperous New Year!

Thanks for listening.

P.S. I had to trash my camera. That was the only bummer-not being able to make a vid of Ben on stage with Timmy. Hopefully there will be some good after XMAS sales and I can pick another one up.

Carol-Lynn

Ive always been a dreamer
12-23-2009, 11:51 AM
CL, thanks again for sharing all of your experiences with us on Tim's mini-tour. It sounds like you had some fun times and unforgettable memories. I would have loved to have seen Ben on stage with his Dad. :nod:

tbs fanatic
12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the review CL. What a shame about your camera. Did you see Owen? You can now have a rest before the next set of CA Eagle shows.

carol7lynn
12-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the review CL. What a shame about your camera. Did you see Owen? You can now have a rest before the next set of CA Eagle shows.

I can use the rest believe me.

As for Owen-No I didn't see her but truth be told I have no idea what she looks like. FYI Ben doesn't look much like Timmy. I guess (since I've never seen TBS's wife) he takes after his mother.

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
12-26-2009, 02:59 PM
CL, thanks for sharing all this with us! I so wish I could have gone to one of his shows, but it was just wasn't possible. Hopefully, he will do some more shows after the new year.