PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Christmas tree?

Koala
12-24-2009, 08:56 AM
when we have decorated our tree I thought how the trees of you probably look!
Our tree looks in this year in such a way:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/Weihnachten2009017.jpg?t=1288280943

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/Weihnachten2009018.jpg?t=1288280943

Stars
12-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Koala,
Your Christmas tree is lovely-thanks so much for posting those pictures!
We have a tree, but we still haven't put it up yet-:hilarious: I think we better do it soon!!
Here's wishing everyone on the Border and their families and loved ones a very Merry Christmas!!:grouphug:

sodascouts
12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
My parents used to always get a huge tree whenever Dad was in the country for Christmastime... we'd all go to the tree farm together and have it cut down, the whole bit. Since my father retired in 2007 and they're a bit older now, they just have a huge artificial tree instead. Still wonderful!

ticky
12-24-2009, 01:35 PM
here's our tree this year. We have a big tradition about getting the tree. We all get together (my parents, my brothers family and my cousin and her daughter) and we drive up the mountain to a tree farm we've been going to for years. We find all the trees we need and drive back to M&D's (stopping on the way at McDonalds for apple pie and cocoa) then we decorate Mom and Dad's tree and have home made chili or stew. We usually get to our own tree the next day or so.

http://tickypages.com/picturebin/12-22-09-7.jpg

MikeA
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
We have a big tradition also with Christmas Trees. Now that the kids are all moved out, we have a small tree we cut at Walmart. We keep it in a space under the stairs during the times it is not in use upstairs. It is put away "fully decorated".

The tradition is that at some point, I make the journey to the basement, obtain said tree, in old logger's style I haul it upstairs, set it on an end table and plug it in. WA-LAAA it's DONE except for putting presents under it.

sodascouts
12-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I should say that the wallpaper I made with the Eagles in front of a Christmas tree - well, that was our family's last real Christmas tree! Unfortunately the Eagles were Photoshopped in and were not actually in front of it, in my family's living room. :lol: That is not my family's couch, either (thank goodness) - our couch wasn't conducive to Photoshopping!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/WPChristmasA.jpg

Brooke
12-24-2009, 04:21 PM
:lol: Too cute Soda!

We have an artificial tree and have for a long time. I actually got a new pre-lit tree last year, which I love. The kids had a regular fuss about not having a real tree, but I couldn't deal with the mess anymore!

We always put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and enjoy it till usually New Year's Day. Maybe I'll post a picture of it when I get time.

Molly
12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I have 6 trees this year.

A labrador tree in our den, an old fashioned tree on our porch, a tiny little tree in our kitchen, a huge tree in our front room, and Brewers and Packers trees in our rec room.

I get a little carried away.

Koala
12-25-2009, 06:52 AM
ticky, your tree look very good:thumbsup:
Soda, love the wallpaper!
WOW, Molly six trees! Most were 2 trees with us, one in my bedroom and one in the living room.
I must admit I am also have at work each year a tree, too!

Glennsallnighter
12-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I have 2 trees each year, the main one is in the sitting room at the front of the house and looks like this
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC03105.jpg

There is usually a row over whether we put coloured or white lights on it.

The other tree is in the sunroom at the back of the house. Its a simpler fibre optic one but fits in beautifully. Its where I keep my guitars as well, so its very seasonal if I'm playing Christmas music.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC03104.jpg

They will be up until 'Little Christmas' (6th January)

Koala
12-28-2009, 02:41 AM
GA, very colorful trees!
We never use coloured lights because I don't like it actually,
but I must say your trees looks really good.
Our tree also will be up until 6th January!

TimothyBFan
12-28-2009, 11:08 AM
We have a big tradition also with Christmas Trees. Now that the kids are all moved out, we have a small tree we cut at Walmart. We keep it in a space under the stairs during the times it is not in use upstairs. It is put away "fully decorated".

The tradition is that at some point, I make the journey to the basement, obtain said tree, in old logger's style I haul it upstairs, set it on an end table and plug it in. WA-LAAA it's DONE except for putting presents under it.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I've not been on for several days so I'm playing catchup. This post had me absolutely rolling!!

BTW--our tree is artificial decorated in all purple and silver decorations, purple garland beads and this year for the first time, purple lights (usually clear lights). Tried to get a decent pic but just didn't turn out well.

eaglesvet
12-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Late to the game here as well. All the trees pictured look beautiful!! Have to agree, Mike, you have a way with words! :hilarious: Stars, nothing like waiting till the last minute...hope you got your tree up before Santa made it down your chimney! And Molly, 6 trees, my goodness! How long does that take you to decorate?!?

For many many years, we would go out and chop down a live tree at a special tree farm near us, until about 3 years ago when they closed and we were stuck finding one elsewhere at the last minute. It just wasn't the same. It was shortly after that Christmas when a coworker offered me her artificial tree because she was now living alone and really wasn't up to setting up a large tree anymore...and that is what we have been using for the last 2 years. Certainly looks real, and no needles to clean up! I tend to collect ornaments from vacation spots, and to honor special occasions throughout the years, so we have way too many ornaments for even the largest tree. Maybe I need to be doing what Molly does...I just don't think I could ever find the time to decorate more than one tree! But I love opening up the ornament boxes each year, and remembering what ever it is that particular ornament reminds me of. Every year since our kids have been born, we have bought them each a special ornament of their own to signify something unique about that year (or just something they grew to like that particular year, like football or guitar). That way, when they are all growed up and move on out, they can each take their own collection of 18 (or 23, or 30:fear: ) ornaments to their new living quarters and have those same special memories for the rest of their lives! (Cue the Hallmark music...)

MikeA
12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
It is also our tradition to 86 the tree Christmas day. Sometimes we even wait until afternoon. We didn't make it till noon this year.

Seems traditional that we also make hospital runs on Christmas Day. This year, it was my Mother-in-law. We got the call at 2:30am. Dehydration and the affliction that causes that condition! They released her at around 5am after pumping her full of fluids and giving her meds to make everything work right.

But I ax you....have you ever tried to get scripts filled on Christmas Day? At 7am? With a blizzard happening? By golly we done it! Two Drugstores open in all of Wichita!

Everthang's okay though. Daisy is a tough Old Bird and I love her to death. I'd do it all again tonight if need be!

Molly
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
ev, every year I say I'm not going to put up all the trees and every year I end up doing it.

I certainly don't put them all up at once and they are all various sizes. One sits on a shelf it's so small and one is only about 3 1/2 ft. tall and skinny. I don't even take the lights off of those two when I put them away.

Peter is a wonderful help. I don't know if I'll keep it up after he moves away from home...if he ever moves away from home. :eyebrow:

Now, if I could just get someone else to come and take them all down!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I usually have 3 trees, but, kind of like Molly, I don't decorate all of them. The biggest one that is usually in my entrance hall gets decorated, but the others are prelite or fiber optic. However, this year I didn't put up one single Christmas decoration because, as many of you know, I lost my Mom in mid-December, and just never managed to get in the Christmas spirit. Hopefully, next year will be different and I will get back to my normal holiday madness.

Brooke
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I usually put up the big tree in the living room and small pre-lit ones in each of the three bedrooms, but this year I just did the big one. I thought about the others, but just wasn't in the mood for the rest this year.

Mike, you are too funny! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Mike, glad to hear your Mum in Law is none the worse for her Christmas ordeal. She is lucky to have such a devoted Son in Law. I wouldn't be able to fill a script here on Christmas Day, snow or NO snow. Once even getting OTC Cough Bottle for Dad turned into an epic voyage! Maybe the hospital pharmacies would be open for a few hours. Thats about it. The whole country shuts down.

Dreamer, I had not heard the sad news about your Mom. I'm so sorry. :hug: . Its totally understable that you would not be in the mood to decorate trees this year. You need your time to grieve for her. There will be other years to celebrate. Take care of yourself and I will keep your Mom and family in my prayers.

TimothyBFan
12-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Kay-I also don't believe I had heard that either. I somehow must have missed that and I am so sorry I did! I know how tough that must of been for you, especially this time of year. She's in a better place now and at rest after such a long struggle. My thoughts are with you and your family right now. :grouphug:

Koala
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Dreamer, I'm so sorry, I also had not heard about your Mom!http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/freundschaft_smilies/liebe_40.gif

Brooke
01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Finally got a pic of my tree! Better late than never, I guess!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/IMG_0070.jpg

Molly
01-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Beautiful, Brooke! Very old-fashioned.

Wildthyme
01-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I didn't put up a tree this year. I usually put up a small one but I was working so many hours at Harry and David I just never got around to it. I always decorate the outside of my house with lots of lights in early November so I can light up the place beginning on Thanksgiving night and come home to cheery Christmas-y display. And kind of like Koala, I keep them lit (and my tree up if I have one) until January 6th. That was a tradition in my family growing up and I keep it still.

Prettymaid
01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Brooke, that's a beautiful tree and a beautiful window to display it in. I love the red ribbon.

Brooke
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys! It's a little skinny, but getting the pre-lit one sure took the hassle out of decorating the tree. I could have gotten a fatter one, but they just took up too much room. I love this one.

Glennsallnighter
01-05-2010, 03:58 AM
It is lovely Brooke, and as you say easy to maintain as well. I love all the gift bags under it as well. The whole picture is very elegant.

GlennLover
01-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Very nice, Brooke!

Koala
01-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Very nice Christmas tree, Brooke!

01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words and PMs. And everyone's Christmas tree pics are just beautiful.

Molly
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
:hug: Kay

I have all my trees taken down except one. This one will stay up until the Packers are either knocked out of the playoffs or until after the Superbowl...which ever comes first.

And yes that is indeed cheese wedge and bratwurst garland.

Maleah....no comments from the dark side!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/DSCN0278-1.jpg

Koala
01-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Molly, I have never seen such a Christmas tree, with a chees and bratwurst garland, verry cool!

TimothyBFan
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
:hug: Kay

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/DSCN0278-1.jpg

Molly-that is the ugliest d*mn tree I have ever seen! Why don't you stick some orange and midnight blue on there along with a giant C on the top? :hilarious:

Brooke
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
:lol: Too funny Molly! A true fan for sure!

Molly
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Molly-that is the ugliest d*mn tree I have ever seen! Why don't you stick some orange and midnight blue on there along with a giant C on the top? :hilarious:

Because the Cheesehead Squad will break into my house and confiscate my membership card. Besides, the Bears su...well, you know the rest! :thumbsup:

I've been putting this tree up since 1998. Every year I add something new. This year it was the brat/cheese garland.

It's actually not garland, the ends attach and you can wear it around your neck if you should be so inclined (or really, really drunk, I guess). It's called a Wisconsin lei.

01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It's actually not garland, the ends attach and you can wear it around your neck if you should be so inclined (or really, really drunk, I guess). It's called a Wisconsin lei.

I'm speechless!

Molly
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm speechless!

Note to self: You know what to get dreamer next Christmas

Freypower
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
So they don't only make fridge magnets out of that cheese shape (guess what is on the fridge this week, Molly)!!

I'm impressed. I have never seen Christmas tree ornaments devoted to a football team!:wink:

Freypower
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought I would share our tree - this is from our Christmas video so you will see the top half and then the bottom half of the tree.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Wallpaper/Miscellaneous/XmasTree2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Wallpaper/Miscellaneous/XmasTree.jpg

I thought I would post this still as it's a very Christmassy shot and behind Rosalind you can just see our collection of Royal Doulton Toby jugs and figurines. (From left to right the Toby jugs on the top of the cabinet are Columbus, Henry VIII, a Beefeater, Shakespeare, Guy Fawkes, Lord Nelson, George Stephenson and Einstein).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Wallpaper/Miscellaneous/Xmas.jpg

MikeA
01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Those "figurines" are incredible!

Freypower
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks Mike! You can't really see the ones inside the cabinet but on the top shelves are Henry VIII's sister Margaret and his three children Mary, Edward and Elizabeth. Third row are Henry VIII & his six wives. On the second row are Margaret of Anjou (queen of Henry VI) and Desdemona (from Shakespeare's Othello).

Molly
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
So they don't only make fridge magnets out of that cheese shape (guess what is on the fridge this week, Molly)!!

I'm impressed. I have never seen Christmas tree ornaments devoted to a football team!:wink:

Excellent that you have your cheesehead magnet on display this week!!! Maybe it will bring good luck to the Packers this weekend in the playoffs!http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/18_1_3031-3.gif

Amazing collection of jugs/figurines, Julie! I'm guessing you're very careful when it's time to do the dusting! (And, Rosiland is adorable as ever!)

I know I've posted this before, but here's the first year we put our tree up (you can see a tiny bit of it in the background. It's one of my favorite pictures of my kids. My boys are 21 and 23 years old now!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Cheeseheads.jpg

TimothyBFan
01-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh brother---you'd even corrupted the dog!! :hilarious:

Actually Molly, I had forgotten this until last night when I showed hubby the pic of your tree and he mentioned it. When Dillon left for college, we went into his room to clean it out and repaint, recarpet and basically get rid of 19 years of boy filth. In his closet we found...I still can't believe it...a CHEESEHEAD!!! I thought I knew my son but apparently he had a secret he'd been keeping from his parents all these years. We were mortified! :hilarious: When he was in grade school he loved football and to be difficult, he decided he was a Green Bay/Favre fan. He said one of his cousins gave it to him. Regardless, it has now been removed from our house.

Brooke
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
That's a lovely tree Fp. And the toby jugs are fantastic.

Rosalind is growing up, too! What a cutie!

Glennsallnighter
01-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes indeed FP, your tree and ornaments are gorgeous. As is your daughter. I love seeing her in a t-shirt for Christmas. I'd say very few of them were worn (Or at least visible) this far North this Christmas. It was one of the coldest on record here and there is still no let up.

Freypower
01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I feel for you over there (especially with most of the football being called off!) - actually our Christmas wasn't that hot but it's hot now - already 27 degrees outside which is probably around 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Glennsallnighter
01-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks FP! I don't mind the cold at Christmas, or snow either. Many years it can be quite pleasant and mild. Its when snow drags out into mid January that it can become a bit of a pain.

Enjoy your warm weather while you can.