PDA

View Full Version : Frey on iTunes?

Shadowland07
12-26-2009, 12:00 AM
how come he's the only Eagle without any albums on iTunes? he only has music videos on there but no songs. what's up with that?

Freypower
12-26-2009, 06:55 AM
The last time I looked you could get the Millennium Collection. But now I see even that has been removed.

The answer is I do not know, as I don't know anything about Glenn's approach to many things regarding his solo music, or anything else.

At the moment the picture is fairly bleak, it must be said. He has been inactive since July and will not be seen again until April.

How do other people feel about Glenn's prolonged absence and what would you like to see him do? I am glad the question has come up, because as fans I think it is something that can be discussed. I am trying very hard not to let any of my personal feelings come into this - yet.

sodascouts
12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
As a Frey fan, I am bummed about his silence but we gotta suck it up, because there's nothing we can do about it. Complaining all the time doesn't help. I try to be grateful he's at least still "out there" as an Eagle.

What do I want him to do? More solo shows. Another album, even if it's just of old covers, like he's mentioned before. Heck, I'll even take a stint on Broadway. I want his talent on display, and I want to be there to enjoy it! He's all that and a bag of chips, as far as I'm concerned, and I'll eat up just about anything he does.

It's weird nothing's available on iTunes. He's said before the revenues from that are really small, but hey, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I don't get it, especially since they were there before.

Hmm, it's possible he is planning on releasing a Very Best of Glenn Frey and wants to take the single songs off the market, so to speak, so people will have to buy the CD to get the songs. He could make it distinct from his other collections by including a DVD of videos and some rarities, as Don did. He could stick Flip City on there, maybe the B-side slow version of Working Man, maybe the full version of South of Sunset... He could include the Japanese bonus tracks It's Cold in Here and the incredible Ain't It Love! He could include After Hours or even a live recording of I'll Come Runnin' Back to You! That would be FREAKING AWESOME! (I would, of course, take off of GFO any rarity he releases for mass-consumption).

But I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll see.

Again, if none of this happens, just look at the glass as half-full: we still get to see him perform as an Eagle. One day even that will dry up, so let's appreciate it while we can.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Well I would obviously love to see Glenn :heart: do a few solo shows as well. He did 2 private ones in November. I know an international tour taking in Ireland or the UK is pie in the sky, but I'd definitely give the States a shot if he had a few dates coming up.

A new album would be a definite plus as well. Like Soda says, I'd eat anything he might do up as well.

Come on Glenn :heart: Give us something!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Well, of course, I would also be delighted to have more solo shows or new music from Glenn. As Soda said, I'd probably be one of the first in line to buy a concert ticket or new album. However, if he choses not to perform or record, it is something we fans have to respect and accept - it certainly doesn't make me any less of a fan or cause me to take it as a personal affront. Whenever the time comes that Glenn decides to call it quits, I'll be sad, but forever grateful for the experiences, memories, and music that he gave us.

Freypower
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
As a Frey fan, I am bummed about his silence but we gotta suck it up, because there's nothing we can do about it. Complaining all the time doesn't help. I try to be grateful he's at least still "out there" as an Eagle.

What do I want him to do? More solo shows. Another album, even if it's just of old covers, like he's mentioned before. Heck, I'll even take a stint on Broadway. I want his talent on display, and I want to be there to enjoy it! He's all that and a bag of chips, as far as I'm concerned, and I'll eat up just about anything he does.

It's weird nothing's available on iTunes. He's said before the revenues from that are really small, but hey, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I don't get it, especially since they were there before.

Hmm, it's possible he is planning on releasing a Very Best of Glenn Frey and wants to take the single songs off the market, so to speak, so people will have to buy the CD to get the songs. He could make it distinct from his other collections by including a DVD of videos and some rarities, as Don did. He could stick Flip City on there, maybe the B-side slow version of Working Man, maybe the full version of South of Sunset... He could include the Japanese bonus tracks It's Cold in Here and the incredible Ain't It Love! He could include After Hours or even a live recording of I'll Come Runnin' Back to You! That would be FREAKING AWESOME! (I would, of course, take off of GFO any rarity he releases for mass-consumption).

But I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll see.

Again, if none of this happens, just look at the glass as half-full: we still get to see him perform as an Eagle. One day even that will dry up, so let's appreciate it while we can.

'Complaining all the time' is one way of putting it, but the question came up.

I wonder if there is a full length version of Just South Of Sunset. He did not record After Hours, but the two versions which do exist are wonderful. And as I have never heard his version of I'll Come Running Back To You I would eat it up (BUT the songs should be in song format, not video format).

sodascouts
12-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I get the feeling there is an entire "Just South of Sunset" out there - perhaps planned for a Miami Vice-type soundtrack if the series had been successful. As for "After Hours", wasn't it recorded, submitted to the record company as part of The Allnighter, and then rejected for not sounding current? But maybe that wasn't a finalized version. Anyway, yes, the versions that he did live are amazing.

I mentioned "I"ll Come Runnin' Back to You" because he said at one time that he'd like to record that.... he even said in 2006 he had a version "in the demo file" and that he wanted to play it to show that he hadn't been just "resting on his laurels" and had still been making music - not just "doing carpool." That kind of statement makes me think that perhaps we assume too much when we don't hear from him - that he's got nothing going on when perhaps that's not the case. At least, that's what I like to think!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Soda, you make a very good point that we don't know what Glenn may or may not be working on. As I said before, as a fan, I would love to have more live appearances or music from him. However, if the man chooses to "rest on his laurels", that is certainly his perogative. I believe he's earned the right and the money to live his life on his own terms.

sodascouts
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
All of Glenn's albums are now up on iTunes, with the exception of No Fun Aloud. Perhaps that was part of the deal for getting After Hours on there. Regardless, I'm pleased!

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
All of Glenn's albums are now up on iTunes, with the exception of No Fun Aloud. Perhaps that was part of the deal for getting After Hours on there. Regardless, I'm pleased!

That's great! I thought that they should have been there before this!

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM

Thats great! Pity I can't access them over here! Hopefully thats just temporary!

Freypower
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Strange Weather & After Hours (as well as NFA) are not on the Australian iTunes store; we only have Soul Searchin', The Allnighter & Solo Collection.

Tori
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Yes! I'm so glad that most of Glenn's albums are on iTunes. I haven't had the time to get any of his CDs to get on my iPod (as my iPod is my main place for my music) and now I can get a lot more of Glenn's music on my iPod! :D

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Strange Weather & After Hours (as well as NFA) are not on the Australian iTunes store; we only have Soul Searchin', The Allnighter & Solo Collection.

I only see The Allnighter & Solo Collection on the Canadian site. Even though I have all his solo work I still would still them to be available so that others can enjoy his music.

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2012, 03:44 AM
We have all of them now except NFA and After Hours