PDA

View Full Version : Tim Trivia

sodascouts
10-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Kay and I were talking just now and we realized that we don't know a lot of trivia about Tim. Do our resident Tim fans or anyone else want to contribute some fun facts?

I'll start with one of the few I know - that Tim was a gymnast in high school.

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Witchy Mummy
10-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I am embarrassed to say I don't know much about Tim at all :blush: I know the 'B' stands for Bruce and when he was about 15 he was in a trio called Tim, Tom and Ron.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Okay - I know he has long legs, likes to point, and grew up in Sacramento. He also has a way with the English language, and has an awesome stare when he makes eye contact with you. He is also lacking in chest hair, but I don't think these are the types of things we are looking for in this thread, is it? :D

Now here's mine - Tim replaced Randy Meisner in both Poco and the Eagles.

I guess that qualifies as trivia, even though it's a pretty well known fact amongst us Eagles fans.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

timfan
10-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Here's my contribution to Tim trivia.... His father was part Chilean and part Mexican.

Freypower
10-15-2006, 12:17 AM
OK. This has bugged me for a while. How on earth did he get the surname 'Schmit' which couldn't be more German if it were 'Frey' (or 'Meisner' or 'Felder' for that matter).http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif

eaglesfans
10-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Lots of Germans fled to South America and Mexico after WW II. That could explain Timothy's very German last name. Linda Ronstadt's father was German and Mexican, for example.

Z
10-15-2006, 07:14 AM
His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

eaglesfans
10-15-2006, 08:49 AM
That's right...I knew there had been an adoption somewhere, but I didn't think Timothy was the adopted one.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives. <hr></blockquote>

</p>

glenneaglesfan
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Interesting Tim trivia so far. I never knew he was an athlete. I do know that he did some backing tracks on some Steely Dan albums - Pretzel Logic, Aja, The Royal Scam.

~~~

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/signature1.jpg

This way to happiness...

10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives.

I did not know Tim's father was adopted. Was his father Mexican?

I know that Tim has a daughter name Owen and a son named Ben. I think Owen is grown and is by his first wife. Does he have other children, and what are the ages of them all?

~~~~~~

timfan
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Tim has 3 kids...Jeddrah by his first wife and Owen and Ben by his current wife

Z
10-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Jed is in her mid-thirties and a musician in her own right. Owen is in her early twenties and studying to be an artist. Ben is 14, 15, 16 (somewhere in that range) and a drummer.

Timothy studied psychology in college.

-------------

sodascouts
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Quite a creative family!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Freypower
10-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the information on his family background. We Germans are everywhere http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif (as are we Irish) ;) .

I'm ashamed to say I really don't know much about Tim at all so this topic will help.

10-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Actually, I did know about Jeddrah. I just forgot about her for a moment. Karen had already told me this before.

~~~~~~

PinkCoatGirl
10-18-2006, 03:54 AM
This is pretty freakin' interesting... I didn't really know anything about Tim at all until pretty recently. Not even the B. standing for Bruce until sometime last summer. Basically, the extent of my Tim knowledge was...well...he's awesome. ;)

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Okay - so does anyone know how long Tim was married to Jeddrah's mother?

Here is another piece of trivia:

Tim has an online diary on his website. I read all his entries and they are really interesting. Problem is he doesn't post very often.

~~~~~~

sodascouts
10-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I love how fan-friendly Tim is. Things like that diary strengthen the fan connection.

~

Z
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
so does anyone know how long Tim was married to Jeddrah's mother?
While I don't know exact dates, I have surmised the following timeline from things said in numerous interviews:

First marriage 1970

Jeddrah born 1971

Begins living as "man and wife" with Jean 1976

Marries Jean 1982

Owen born 1983

Ben born 1991

I just thought I'd share my estimates with you since no one else had answered the question. In no way do I want to come across as presenting myself as an "expert" although I may have read one or two more of Tim's interviews that the rest of you. ;)

-------------

sodascouts
10-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I think we can at least call you a resident expert! lol

~

Z
10-19-2006, 10:32 PM
After my nephew's wedding this weekend, I'm hoping to have some more free time. I'll try to come up with a few other bits of Timmy trivia then.

-------------

10-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks Z. I don't know if you're a resident expert or not, but I'll put your Timmy knowledge up against the best of 'em cause I happen to know that you have studied the man intensely. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif

Wow - I had no idea he's been with Jean for thirty years.

And hope you have a great trip this weekend.

~~~~~~

Z
10-19-2006, 11:06 PM
I know. Don't you think that marriage license should have expired by now?

-------------

sodascouts
10-19-2006, 11:09 PM
I thought this might be appropriate here:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/dissertationblues/hfo/preshow/hfo032.jpg

And like Kay, I wish you a good weekend too, Z! Mine is going to be spent chasing Lindsey Buckingham. ;)

~

10-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I know. Don't you think that marriage license should have expired by now?

Z, after being in effect for 30 years, the license just probably automatically renews itself.

And Nancy, you want her to have a good weekend after seeing THAT picture! :twisted:

Enjoy your Lindsey weekend too, Nanc. Hopefully, Glenn won't find out. ;)

~~~~~~

glenneaglesfan
10-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Thirty years is a good long time. That's a sweet picture, Nancy, seems like they share the same hairdresser!

Hope the wedding goes well, Karen, and have a great time with Lindsey, Nancy!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Molly
10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll bet you hear a lot of "Ow, you're on my hair!" coming from that bedroom.

Sorry, Z, couldn't resist! :twisted:

Z
10-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Dang! Has anyone ever said that you two have a cold, cruel streak?? That's okay because I have a very long memory. ;)

-------------

Brooke
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
molly, everytime I see that scene in HFO, I think that very same thing! :lol:

~~~

The highway to freedom is when you start believin."

Z
10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Okay, here's a bit o' trivia: Scott Crago played drums on almost all the tracks of Timothy's last solo CD, Feed the Fire.

------------

10-23-2006, 10:58 PM
So - here's a trivia question - How much creme rinse do these two go through in a month? ;)

~~~~~~

Molly
10-24-2006, 11:20 AM
And a related trivia question- how often do they have to have their shower drain cleaned out?

Perfect Little Sister
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM
You guys crack me up! The other day I turned over in bed and my hair was wrapped around my neck...after flopping like a fish trying to get it out from under me and half choking myself in the process I finally untangled it and threw it over my shoulder just to hear, "pppbbttt" as hubby promptly spit it out of his face.

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
After the thrill is gone.

Z
10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
And a related trivia question- how often do they have to have their shower drain cleaned out?

This is a question I would give my eye teeth to be able to answer from personal experience. :twisted:

-------------

10-24-2006, 10:37 PM
So Z - do you want to clean Timmy's bathroom so that you can steal some hair out of the shower drain? You know - strictly for cloning purposes.

~~~~~~

Brooke
10-25-2006, 10:20 AM
:rofl: :lol:

~~~

Z
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
His first started playing the violin, and then moved on to the trumpet, ukulele and guitar. (I too played violin along with cello. A coincidence? I think not. :lol:

-------------

10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Z - the image of you playing a violin is well ... just ... er ... well ... amazing!

And I had no idea that Tim plays so many different instruments. Geez, those Eagles are a talented bunch of guys!

~~~~~~

timfan
10-26-2006, 10:12 PM
He also played the keyboard on a song or two on the Feed the Fire CD :D

Z
10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Me playing that cello was an even more frightening sight!

-------------

Freypower
10-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I have a stupid question which proves how non-American I am. Why does he use the initial B? I know this is common in the States but some do it and some don't. I find it even stranger when you get the first initial used. as in J. Edgar Hoover. In Australia we either use the first name, middle name (our former PM Malcolm Fraser's first name was John) or (rarely) both initials.

timfan
10-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Julie it's not a stupid question... cause as far as i know there is no one specific answer for that question!

I believe it is simply a personal perference, some people like to use the middle initial some don't.

In Timothy's case it could also be because of his career ...sometimes using a initial makes your name stand out more, makes people notice it!

Molly
10-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Maybe he put the B. in there to keep people from calling him Tim Schmit which is kind of rhyme-y. It's sounds odd to say Tim B. Schmit and makes people instead more apt to use Timothy. Just as it sounds odd to say Mike J. Fox -but Michael J. Fox sounds "right". It has "flow".

I've noticed a lot of the doctor's on our staff prefer to use their first initial and their middle name. And most go by their middle name in conversation. Including our resident Timothy look-a-like (aka Timmy doctor) who's name is G. Michael (George Michael), but goes by Mike.

10-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I have a brother who goes by his middle name because he doesn't like his first name. Also his first name is the same as our father's, so again, it minimizes confusion by not having two family members using the same name.

In Timothy's case, I agree with Molly that it's probably just personal preference. I guess it's possible that another member of his family has a similar name, so he uses the 'B' to keep his name distinct. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be called Tim or Timmy, so using the 'B' encourages people to call him Timothy.

~~~~~~

Brooke
10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
My husband goes by his middle name (always has since birth). Why they called him his middle name, I don't know, but it is a nightmare filling out forms and such. Everyone at his work tries to call him his first name because of the legal stuff you have to fill out, so, he has people at work that call him his first name and he doesn't know who they are talking to! :rolleyes: He has finally trained them to call him by his middle name, but it took years.

Moral of the story, parents, don't do this to your child! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif

My sons initials are TBS, too! And he likes to use his middle initial a lot for some reason. Maybe it's just a TBS thing! :lol:

~~~

Perfect Little Sister
10-31-2006, 09:07 PM
But you have to give kids a middle name so they know when they are in trouble. :lol:

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
After the thrill is gone.

11-01-2006, 12:50 AM
LOL - that is so true Lissa. ;)

~~~~~~

Freypower
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
My brother-in-law fluctuates between his first and middle names. My husband doesn't have a middle name! Weird, huh?

I always think it's strange how when I found out Glenn's middle initial was L, I thought 'Lewis'. Spelt that way too. And I was right. I'm a sad case. :blush:

sodascouts
11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
It's those psychic Frey-powers you have, Julie. ;)

~

timfan
11-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Another neat Tim trivia fact...

His home studio was built over his two car garage!

timfan
11-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Tim's fav movie star (as of 2001 anyway) is Johnny Depp :lol:

sodascouts
11-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Interesting choice, Tim! Guess he was touched by Edward Scissorhands. ;)

~

11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Now, a picture in the Schmit Sexiness thread made me think of this. I believe that Tim must like Holiday Inn. The reason I think this is because in the Eagles display at the R&R HOF, there is a very large duffel bag full of hotel room keys that Tim "collected" during his 70's touring days with the band. Those were the days when the room key was a real key, and I remember seeing a lot of Holiday Inn keys in there.

~~~~~~

Freypower
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
This reminds me of the line in Gram Parsons' song 'Ooh Las Vegas' - 'spent all day at the Holiday Inn trying to get out of bed'. :twisted:

Now you Tim fans interpret that however you want...

glenneaglesfan
11-28-2006, 03:51 PM
So Tim was a bit of a rebel too!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Z
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking Mr. Schmit was pretty wild in his younger days. It's pretty hard to find pictures of him from that period where he isn't stoned.

-------------

Be careful what you say
Be careful who you trust
This world is beautiful
This world is dangerous

11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
So I guess our next trivia question could be "How much weed did Tim smoke on an average '70's day?" http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif :D

~~~~~~

timfan
12-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I just found another Fun bit of Tim trivia.

Timothys first ambition as a child was to be a firefighter!

sodascouts
12-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Interesting!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/christmasbannereagles.jpg

glenneaglesfan
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Aw, that's cute! A regular little boy - they seem to have a natural attraction for anything on wheels. My son's first word was 'tractor'!

~~~

This way to happiness...

12-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Timothys first ambition as a child was to be a firefighter!

Nope - can't see it! :)

~~~~~~

timfan
01-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Timothy acted in a movie "Scenes from the Goldmine". It was released in 1987. He played Dennis a bass guitarist.

sodascouts
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Interesting! Was it a big part?

Z
01-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Interesting! Was it a big part?

It was a fair sized part with not much dialogue in a truly awful movie. Jean also has a bit part in the movie.

sodascouts
01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Ah. Thanks for the info, Z. Our guys haven't had the best luck when it comes to starring movie roles!

01-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Timothy acted in a movie "Scenes from the Goldmine". It was released in 1987. He played Dennis a bass guitarist.

A real stretch, huh! :wink: But seriously, does anyone know any details about how he landed this role?

timfan
01-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Now this fact i didn't know til just now .. Timothy, while on tour with Jimmy Buffet in the mid 80's, is actually the person who coined the term "parrothead"!

I found the info here: http://www.laphc.com/index.php?section=15

sodascouts
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
That is SO cool! That phrase is used all the time. Imagine starting that kind of trend - you go, Tim!

timfan
02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Another fun fact about Tim..

He chose the title "Feed the Fire" for his most recent CD because he felt it was representative of how you have to work at making things good in your life. :)

sodascouts
02-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Interesting! Kind of like "Do Something" in that sense.

02-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm just catching up on some of these threads. That is awesome trivia about Timothy coining the name Parrot Heads. I think that is just too cool! :D

tbs fanatic
02-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow, I'm new to The Border and have just gone through all the trivia - you guys know your stuff. :shock: How do you find this stuff out???

tbs fanatic
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Okay, I have a trivia question for you experts - I know Jean is younger than Tim but how much?

sodascouts
02-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Hmm - one year? (I'm just guessing - I have no idea!)

timfan
02-19-2007, 09:51 AM
more trivia... :)

Timothy lives in Calabasas. The name Calabasas comes from the Spanish word "calabaza" and means "pumpkin," "squash," or "gourd". :D

tbs fanatic
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM

I had heard it was a good bit more than that but I have no idea either.

sodascouts
02-19-2007, 03:26 PM

I had heard it was a good bit more than that but I have no idea either.

Really! More knowledgeable people like timfan or Z can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they've been together since the 70s. Back then Tim was still in his 20s. I imagine she wouldn't be more than a few years younger than him.

timfan
02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Timothy and Jean have been together since the mid 70's ( I believe around 1976ish) so she couldn't be too much younger than him given that they have been together for over 30 years!! 8)

tbs fanatic
02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Timothy and Jean have been together since the mid 70's ( I believe around 1976ish) so she couldn't be too much younger than him given that they have been together for over 30 years!! 8)

Actually Tim would be 30 in '77 so she could easily be 10 years younger. I say this because my hubby is same age as Tim and I am 10 years younger and we have been together a long time also. :D

timfan
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
a bit more trivia.... :D

on Tim's Feed The Fire CD one of the songs is "Top of the Stairs". Tim sings the song acapella and all the voices on the song are him!
It is spectacular!!

Here is a short clip of the song "Top of the Stairs"

http://www.timothybschmit.com/Audio/09_TopOfTheStairs.wma

sodascouts
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually Tim would be 30 in '77 so she could easily be 10 years younger. I say this because my hubby is same age as Tim and I am 10 years younger and we have been together a long time also. :D

True! Hmm, now I'm curious!

tbs fanatic
02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Okay, so we are on a mission. Who can come up with Jeans age first? :D

timfan
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
When Timothy is writing songs, he uses a Sony Ghetto blaster that he has had since the 70's, to record his musical ideas. :D

sodascouts
02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
A "ghetto blaster" - I haven't heard that term for a while! Gotta love it. :)

SweetHolly
03-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Okay, so we are on a mission. Who can come up with Jeans age first? :D

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's 7 years younger than him.

Timothy has worked with Toto. He sang background vocals on 3 songs from Toto IV and 4 songs on Mindfields. On Toto IV, he sang background vocals on I Won't Hold You Back (you can really hear him on it too), Good For You, and Africa. On Mindfields, he sang background vocals on After You've Gone, Mysterious Ways, Selfish, and Melanie. He also toured with Toto. I think it was in 1982 that he toured with them but I'm not sure.

Freypower
03-17-2007, 01:26 AM
I knew there was a reason why Africa is one of my favourite songs.

Now which Steely Dan songs is Tim on? Rikki Don't Lose That Number is one, isn't it? Help appreciated.

SweetHolly
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM

Now which Steely Dan songs is Tim on? Rikki Don't Lose That Number is one, isn't it? Help appreciated.
Africa is a great song! I'm pretty sure it's Rikki Don't Lose That Number that Tim was on. Oh and btw, Toto's drummer Jeff Porcaro had worked quite a bit with Steely Dan back in the 70s.

Maleah
03-17-2007, 10:33 AM
more trivia... :)

Timothy lives in Calabasas. The name Calabasas comes from the Spanish word "calabaza" and means "pumpkin," "squash," or "gourd". :D

Where the heck is Calabasas? :laugh:

SweetHolly
03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
It's in the Los Angeles area of California.

timfan
03-17-2007, 11:17 AM

Africa is a FANTASTIC song and I think i can actually hear Timothy a few times!! :D

For anyone who is interested here is a link to an mp3 of the song Africa :)

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/donz58/africa.html

(the download option is at the bottom of the page lol)

SweetHolly
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Africa is a FANTASTIC song and I think i can actually hear Timothy a few times!! :D

I hear him too. You can really hear him on I Won't Hold You Back by Toto. Wow!! Fantastic Toto song!

glenneaglesfan
03-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm catching up as well! Love that clip from Feed The Fire, tf.

Sweet Holly, thanks for the information on the Toto tracks - Africa is also a favourite of mine.

Timothy is credited with back up vocals on The Royal Scam and Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan, but I'm no wiser as to the specific tracks. Incidentally, Mark Knopfler plays lead guitar on Time Out Of Mind from their Gaucho album. Steely Dan's Greatest Hits 1972-1978 was one of the first albums I ever bought. 8)

SweetHolly
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Sweet Holly, thanks for the information on the Toto tracks - Africa is also a favourite of mine.

You are welcome. :D

timfan
03-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Another bit of trivia :D

In the early 90's Timothy went into a Carvin music store looking for some home recording equipment. The sales clerk reconised him immediately. He asked if they could get Timothy in touch with the Carvin PR guy about getting him a custom made bass.... and Taa dahhhh :D the famous white Bass is born!! 8)

Freypower
03-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Incidentally, Mark Knopfler plays lead guitar on Time Out Of Mind from their Gaucho album. Steely Dan's Greatest Hits 1972-1978 was one of the first albums I ever bought. 8)

Thank you for that sizzling piece of information GEF. 8) Time to listen to that song more closely. I had the Greatest Hits on record but now I have the Showbiz Kids anthology on CD. It's interesting that now both Glenn & Don have sung Showbiz Kids.

Maleah
03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
It's in the Los Angeles area of California.

Ahhhh......I see! thanks!

SweetHolly
03-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Ahhhh......I see! thanks!
You're welcome. :wink:

timfan
03-18-2007, 02:33 PM
The first rock & roll record Timothy ever purchased was Hound Dog by the one and only Elvis Presley. :D

03-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I had no idea that Tim had sang with Toto on Africa. I like that song a lot, too.

And I guess I'm not at all surprized that Tim's first rock 'n roll record was Hound Dog. Of course, Elvis was the hottest act around in the 50's.

SweetHolly
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I had no idea that Tim had sang with Toto on Africa. I like that song a lot, too.

And I guess I'm not at all surprized that Tim's first rock 'n roll record was Hound Dog. Of course, Elvis was the hottest act around in the 50's.

Yup Tim did sing with Toto. That's basically how I fell in love with Tim. 8)

That doesn't suprise me either about what Tim's first record was. :wink:

timfan
03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Tim has many talents :D . One of those talents is.. he can juggle! :blueblob:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/DZ001556.jpg

Maleah
04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
aww that's such a cute photo of Tim!

He seems much more somber as he's gotten older. Or maybe a better way to describe it is that he seems very peaceful. 8)

SweetHolly
04-01-2007, 12:21 AM
aww that's such a cute photo of Tim!

very cute picture! 8)

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 06:34 PM
A juggler, too! Impressive! :)

04-04-2007, 09:01 PM
That picture of Tim juggling is just too cute. He looks almost young enough to be a teenager there. :)

timfan
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Here's some Tim/Keep on Tryin' Trivia :P

I first heard 'Keep On Tryin' at Tim Schmit's house on his home tape recorder. He'd done a demo of his new song and didn't have anything other than an acoustic guitar and him singing three part harmony. It was so great, just like that and we new we had to record it the same way. When we got in the studio, Tim sang it seven or eight times and we kept each take. When we pulled all the takes up together they sounded amazing. He'd sung it exactly the same each time. So we then had George and Paul do the same thing. That song has twenty one vocal tracks.

Rusty Young made these comments in the archived journal section of the offical Poco website ( www.poconut.com ) .

04-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Well with 21 tracks for a song, it is understandable why Poco was such a good training ground for Eagles bass players. :D

tbs fanatic
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Wow - that's amazing. It's so interesting to hear the background to these pieces.

timfan
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Why does he use the initial B?

I finally have somewhat of an answer for this!! :D The answer to why Timothy uses his middle initial is.. There is no answer! :D :P

Karen from the Feed the Fire Group found a quote from Timothy were he addresses his using the middle initial. It's from a blurb in the Sacramento Bee in 1996:

Just B-cause.

It stands for Bruce.

Other than that, Eagles bassist Timothy B. Schmit can't tell you much about
his middle initial. He really has no idea why he always uses it.

"I don't know why I do it," the Sacramento native says. "I first used it
when I was graduating from Encina High School, and we had our senior pictures
taken. You had to write down your name and all your accomplishments for your
picture, and I put down my name for the first time in that yearbook as
'Timothy B. Schmit.'

"I looked at it and said, 'Why not?' There was no reasoning. I've pretty
much used that ever since. I had no spiritual flash in the night or anything,
it was just a spontaneous thing."

sodascouts
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Interesting! I guess he liked how it looked. It does sound distinguished!

SweetHolly
05-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Interesting! I guess he liked how it looked. It does sound distinguished!
I like the way it looks too. :wink:

Freypower
05-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, that's great to finally read about that. Do you know, one of the more stupid things said by Marc Eliot in To The Limit is that when Tim joined the Eagles he declared he wished to be known as 'Timothy B. Schmit' - er - he'd always been known as that.... Tim does not strike me as being 'precious' in that way.

glenneaglesfan
05-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Yes, Timothy definitely doesn't come across as a 'prima donna' type. I like the spontaneity of suddenly changing the way he wrote his name - a couple of years ago I changed my signature from my initials and surname to my first name and surname - just seemed a bit warmer somehow.

timfan
09-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Now, a picture in the Schmit Sexiness thread made me think of this. I believe that Tim must like Holiday Inn. The reason I think this is because in the Eagles display at the R&R HOF, there is a very large duffel bag full of hotel room keys that Tim "collected" during his 70's touring days with the band. Those were the days when the room key was a real key, and I remember seeing a lot of Holiday Inn keys in there.

About the HOF Key Collection....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/tbshof.jpg

glenneaglesfan
09-25-2007, 03:02 AM
That's great, Tf! Timothy's wild side revealed at last! I wonder what became of the actual collection?

09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
GEF - the collection of keys that Tim is describing is the one that is actually on display in the Rock 'n' Roll HOF. I saw it when I went there a couple of years ago, and it is very cool.

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 01:18 PM
People like Timothy are why all the American hotels now give out cards instead of keys. ;)

rcknalwys
11-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Just a little trivia to add to this thread.

Timothy and Dan Fogelberg did a little touring together back in the 80's. I actually met someone who saw them performing together. She was able to meet them and talk one on one with both. She had quite a little photo album full of pics of both guys. She was kind enough to make me a cassette of the Playing It Cool album from her autographed lp! I got to drool over the pics, Timothy was wearing a plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, very casual looking. Ok, and H S G!

timfan
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
a bit more Tim trivia...

Tim's home studio is named Mooselodge.

sodascouts
01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Interesting! Yours too, rcknalwys, although I didn't see it when you first posted it. :blush:

timfan
11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
It's been awhile since we had any Tim trivia so.....

During the making of the "Was it just the moonlight" video shoot in LA in 1991; Timothy had the behind the scenes process recorded (using his own video camera) in order to document the making of the video for his soon to be born son.

The Gemini space capsule used in the "Was it just the moonlight" video shoot was on loan from NASA.

sodascouts
11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Interesting!

tbs fanatic
11-20-2008, 04:07 PM
That is interesting. Where did you find that bit of trivia?

timfan
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm reviving this old thread with some new Tim trivia from the interview posted today!

Timothy has two family dogs. One of the dogs is a golden retriever named Hobbs, the other is a golden retriever/poodle mix.

AzEaglesFan
11-04-2009, 04:07 AM
I wonder if one of them is the dog that bit him. Retrievers are usually very calm and friendly dogs.

GlennLover
11-04-2009, 08:51 AM
I wonder if one of them is the dog that bit him. Retrievers are usually very calm and friendly dogs.

Yes, it was Hobbs. Timothy said that it was his own fault as he tried to come between Hobbs & a banana bread that his daughter had made & brought to him. I think he said that it took 24 stitches. Hobbs is still with them, though.

AzEaglesFan
11-04-2009, 05:44 PM
wow, that dog did some damage. We just have to remember they are pets and don't see things the way we do. I won't touch our dog's dish when she is eating as much as she likes me, she will growl to let me know to back off.