PDA

View Full Version : The biggest Eagles fan

elzed
01-04-2010, 05:46 AM
This story is written by Colleen Gibson,singer/songwriter from Tauranga,NZ.
It was entered it in a Eagles-competition for a local radio station in refer to the release of 'Long Road out of Eden' in 2008.
The question to the listeners was,"who is the biggest Eagles-fan?".
Unfortunately she didn`t win the prize(a takamine guitar with signatures of the guys) but nevertheless she thought it would be great to share it through the board with other Eagles fans around the world,so here it is:

I reckon I am the biggest Eagles Fan through the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE because:

SATURDAY NIGHT I was feeling a bit DESPERADO so I stopped in at THE SAD CAFÉ IN THE CITY because MOST OF US ARE SAD sometimes, probably due to too much LIFE IN THE FAST LANE and not enough TEQUILA SUNRISE.
A WITCHY WOMAN with LYIN EYES says, hey’ there EARLY BIRD they call me NIGHTINGALE where you from, you a NEW KID IN TOWN what brings you in BUSSINESS ASUSUAL or maybe you’re a MIDNIGHT FLYER looking for some FAST COMPANY?
What’s your name MY MAN where you stayin and HOW LONG?
I said my name is JAMES DEAN, me and the OL 55 took THE LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN up ON THE BORDER via SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD , I’ll be stayin over at the HOTEL CALIFORNIA ONE OF THESE NIGHTS.
She said, you wanna DO SOMETHING, I could give you THE LAST GOOD TIME IN TOWN, we could CHUG ALL NIGHT even AFTER THE THRILL IS GONE, I close in TWENTY ONE.
I said woh TAKE IT EASY, WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER, I LOVE TO WATCH A WOMAN DANCE in THOSE SHOES ALL NIGHT LONG but LEARN TO BE STILL NIGHTINGALE, only a CERTAIN KIND OF FOOL would TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT,I could be THE DISCO STRANGLER or an OUTLAW MAN WAITING IN THE WEEDS.
She said IS IT TRUE that LOVE WILL KEEP US ALIVE cause I could give you THE BEST OF MY LOVE JAMES DEAN, Oh why can’t you be my KING OF HOLLYWOOD and I’ll be your HOLLYWOOD WALTZ?
I said I CAN’T TELL YOU WHY without putting a FRAIL GRASP ON THE PICTURE, SOMEBODY might end up a VICTIM OF LOVE and feeling GUILTY OF THE CRIME IN THE LONG RUN.
I remember singing gonna be a HEARTACHE TONIGHT to some PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW then someone shouted THE GREEKS DON’T WANT NO FREAKS, well you could have put a HOLE IN THE WORLD the crowd got OUT OF CONTROL, there were tables and TOO MANY HANDS flying I thought dang SOMEBODY’S GONNA HURT SOMEONE BEFORE THE NIGHT IS THROUGH and end up in a TEENAGE PRISON doing WASTED TIME with DOOLIN AND DALTON, so I high tailed out of there but it was a GOOD DAY IN HELL to TAKE THE DEVIL for a laugh.
She said YOU ARE NOT ALONE, JAMES DEAN. I have VISIONS, I was listening to the Eagles once and I DREAMED THERE WAS NO WAR and NOMORE CLOUDY DAYS.
I said’ Oh them good old Eagles give me a PEACEFUL EASY FEELING all over, I can sing WHEN YOU’RE ONLY LONELY backwards easy.
She said, J D he ain’t no Eagle, I said’ yeah he is, he just don’t fly with the flock THROUGH THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.
She says I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE you were THE LAST RESORT, WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HEART NOW JAMES DEAN?
I said GET OVER IT, IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW, YOU NEVER CRY LIKE A LOVER, TRY AND LOVE AGAIN, LIFE’S BEEN GOOD to you so far, but there`ll be NO MORE WALKS IN THE WOOD a man could get lost in a NEWYORK MINUTE.
She said’ well ain’t no harm in TRYIN, my TRAIN LEAVES HERE THIS MORNING for BITTER CREEK, I said I’M ALREADY GONE may you keep BUSY BEING FABULOUS and I WISH YOU PEACE and a FUNKY NEW YEAR.
The train whistle blew as she hollowed, you`ll always be my JOURNEY OF THE SORCERER JAMES DEAN, I said and you’ll always be THE GIRL FROM YESTERDAY NIGHTINGALE.

Written by Colleen Gibson,New Zealand

If you like to leave a comment feel free to do so on:
faamgibson@hotmail.com

Brooke
01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
:rofl: elzed! I love it and I think you should have won! Good job!

sodascouts
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Creative!

Glennsallnighter
01-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Oh Very Good, Elzed. I love your creative way of using the boys' lyrics. Of course you should have won. Ane what a beautiful prize.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Very cute idea using the lyrics to the guy's songs. I didn't count, but it doesn't seem like you left many out.