PDA

View Full Version : Coming January 18: Expando Survivor!

sodascouts
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, we've had to time to listen to it and really get to know it. Now, it's time to show it!

We're doing a Survivor which will start next Monday, January 18, at 8:00 Eastern. Most folks know the rules by now, although I'll repost them when we start the game.

Everybody grab your Expando CDs and get ready to roll!

timfan
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Can't wait!!! :thumbsup: :)

GlennLover
01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I got it just in time! I'll have to listen to it several more times before survivor starts - that is going to be sooo difficult :wink:.

Koala
01-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Cool, can't wait, this will make a lot of fun! This time it becomes really difficult to decide which song should retire because I liked all the songs but I think I have already a small favorite!:hmm:

TimothyBFan
01-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Awww geez--this one just might send me over the edge!

cynd1231
01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
How exciting...wish I could be here but I work on Monday till 10:00 EST. But I hope everyone has a great time!

Prettymaid
01-11-2010, 09:29 AM
How exciting...wish I could be here but I work on Monday till 10:00 EST. But I hope everyone has a great time!

Cynd, you can still play! Survivor games go on for days and allow you 48 hours to post your nominee.

Woo hoo! Thanks Nancy. This is going to be difficult, but fun!

Peekaboo
01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I love the Survivor games!! It's great to participate and learn everybody's opinion on a certain song or video. I was away and missed out on Joe's Video Survivor but i'm going to do my best to participate in this game. Expando is a great album and I look forward to listening to it over and over to help me make my decisions.

cynd1231
01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
COOL! Guess I'll be cruising between home and work to the tunes of Expando for the next week!

luvthelighthouse
01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't know how I'm going to play this game. I love the whole CD! The few songs that are my least (I use the term lightly) favorites, seem to be other peoples main favorites.

This is going to be way too hard for me!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Yep - this may be one really interesting Survivor game. May be time for some of you to get that Prozac prescription refilled! :lol:

Prettymaid
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
The few songs that are my least (I use the term lightly) favorites, seem to be other peoples main favorites.

I hear ya LTL! And I hope everyone who is so inclined will explain their choice, instead of just voting. :computer:

GlennLover
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
The more I listen the harder it is getting to rank one song above another, although I do have one favourite right now. (and I'm already medicated :worried:, LOL)

Brooke
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm in. I FINALLY got my car back with a brand new stereo installed that works! I missed out on music for a couple weeks there. It's great to get to listen to something!

luvthelighthouse
01-14-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm actually getting anxious about this! :-D

Even though I have my least favorites, they probably won't even be my first votes off. I feel that even though "I" don't like them as much, others love them, so they probably deserve some staying power.

On the other hand, I know I will also have to vote w/some strategy... but in doing so, I'm afraid I won't be voting for the song that I really feels to go. Oh the pressure! :hilarious:

I've never taken survivor so seriously before! I'm actually cracking myself up. I've been listening to Expando over and over. (oh the pain) :) Taking notes and trying to make my list.

This is going to be fun and frustrating at the same for me.

TimothyBFan
01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Here's what I did last night and now I'm more confused than ever! As I've said before, I am an insomniac and so have a pillow speaker and have the ipod going all night, usually on shuffle. For 2 nights now I decided to listen to Expando a couple times when I first go to bed. BIG FRICKIN' MISTAKE!!!! Each time I listen, my favorites change and I see the songs in a different light---each time. How can that be? To be honest, I had not listened to it probably since before Christmas and was so happy to have it going again BUT I'm in quite a predictament if my taste change so drastically within a couple hours. Whatever will I do with a game that will last 3 weeks-I never vote stratigically, always from the heart-and it keeps changing. YIKES!!

Why do these games have to be so stressful? :lol:

01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Okay you two - remember what I said about the chill pills! :lol:

UK TimFan
01-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm fairly certain of the first two I'd vote off, but I'm also fairly certain that one of them will be a big favourite with a lot of other people. :-)
I'm also fairly certain of my final two, but again I'm fairly certain that neither of them will be top ranking with most other people. :weep::weep::weep: (Just hope I'm proved wrong in this case. :-) )

TimothyBFan
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
UKTF- Gotta say that now you have my curiosity peaked.;-)

luvthelighthouse
01-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I've stated my feelings in the past on a certain song that I just do not really like and others LOVE it. So maybe UK TimFan and I should form a collation. :lol:

I can say, I have no idea how most feel about my top choice, but if someone tries to take it down earlier... let's just say... :armed::saberfight::samurai:

UK TimFan
01-14-2010, 09:07 PM
UKTF- Gotta say that now you have my curiosity peaked.;-)
Only a few more days left until you find my least favourites. :smile:
And I find out how many people don't like my most favourites. :weep:

UK TimFan
01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
I've stated my feelings in the past on a certain song that I just do not really like and others LOVE it. So maybe UK TimFan and I should form a collation. :lol:

I can say, I have no idea how most feel about my top choice, but if someone tries to take it down earlier... let's just say... :armed::saberfight::samurai:

Um, LTL, I have a feeling that you and I going to have to agree to disagree on a couple of songs. :D

Wildthyme
01-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Well I have listened to Expando at least four times today and I like every one of the songs. I have three that are my absolute favorites but I Have no idea how to rank the rest of them... aaaaaaaaaaugh :lol:

Prettymaid
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
:hilarious: Such discontent and the game hasn't even started yet!

I've been doing my homework too... this should be good...

Brooke
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Me, too, and several songs have gotten stuck in my head and I wake up in the night with them going through my mind! I even had to turn on the radio to get something else on my mind! :rolleyes:

TimothyBFan
01-17-2010, 07:48 PM
and several songs have gotten stuck in my head and I wake up in the night with them going through my mind! :rolleyes:

Welcome to my world! :lol:

eaglesvet
01-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I had to miss the last few Survivor games because I wasn't very familiar with the vids. Now's my chance to get back in on the fun...finally! This particular version does sound like it may get a bit out of hand, with some of these hard-core Tim fans...remember, ladies, it is only a game! We don't want to have to call in security! (Wait, do we even have a Border Security Guard??)

Peekaboo
01-18-2010, 09:45 AM
We don't want to have to call in security! (Wait, do we even have a Border Security Guard??)

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I've listened to the album as much as I could over the last week and my favorites have changed since i first heard the album back in October. I've found that the songs that I didn't like as much then I'm now seeing them in a different light and I really like them now. I haven't been able to make my list because i'm so undecided as to which order they should go. My absolute favorite song still remains the same but after that it's a tough choice for me.

Downtime has been sticking in my head a lot lately (especially this morning).

luvthelighthouse
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
:partytime:Am I the only one anxiously awaiting for the game to start?

UK TimFan
01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
:partytime:Am I the only one anxiously awaiting for the game to start?
No. I'm another saddo. :)
Though if one of my top two songs doesn't win I'll be maddo. :grin:

01-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Okay folks, the game is on!

We don't want to have to call in security! (Wait, do we even have a Border Security Guard??)

Well, ev - we do have the Border Patrol, but I don't know how well it would stand up if this game gets out of control!!! :lol:

:armed: :stop: