PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the Hollywood Bowl in April

sodascouts
01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I know there's already a "SoCal" thread but I figured we'd make this one more specific. Is anybody going to one or more of these?

Look what ILAA posted on their Twitter:

http://twitpic.com/xthfb

They're going all out to let Californians know the boys are comin' back to town!

Brooke
01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Cool! Those Californians love their Eagles! :thumbsup:

Freypower
01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't know what to make of this.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10103_Rock_and_Pop_Tours_Takes_Austr alia_To_The_Eagles

It seems to be implying that if you book for this tour you get to see the band at the Hollywood Bowl.

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Apparently so!

http://www.rockandpoptours.com/TourInfo/GoodVibrationsTourofLosAngeles.aspx

Super Frey
01-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I've known about that since last month, I have a freind that's going on the 17th of April, the whole thing just sounds cool, and I really wish I had the money to go that far.:sad:

Prettymaid
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I really wish I had the money to go that far.:sad:

Me too! :sad:

carol7lynn
01-21-2010, 09:52 PM
The SuperSeats are not that super BTW. They are the center three bench sections behind the terrace boxes. They call them super seats because they're the cheapest center section seats the bowl sells. I'm holding out for the pool or other venues.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

StephUK
03-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Once again I'm packing my suitcase & heading across the Atlantic; this time it's to see the Eagles at the Hollywood Bowl in April.

As I'll have a couple of days in LA I wonder if there are any Eagles-related places I should see - other than the Troubadour, of course.
Does anyone know of any?
I'll have transport so anywhere around the LA area is do-able.

I leave here 4 weeks today:yay: so I'm getting excited about seeing the Eagles, and my darling Will :inlove:

(A bit of sunshine will be welcome too after the long cold British winter we've had).

Brooke
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow Steph, that's awesome! :thumbsup:

I suggest you go see the Hotel California hotel for sure!

sodascouts
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Steph - check out Dan Tana's, Sunset Grill, Laurel Canyon, and at least drive by The Beverly Hills hotel. Have fun and be sure to give us a review!

TimothyBFan
03-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh right Steph!!!! :headbang: I'm very very happy for you again!!

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Soda, LOVE your av! Too cute!

StephUK
04-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for suggesting places to see in LA. I'm getting excited now - I leave here on Wednesday.
Hope the Eagles are on good form at the Bowl. :yay::yay: If I can get any photos I'll post them when I get back.
Can't wait to see my darling Will again:inlove:

Troubadour
04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Have a safe trip, Steph, and a wonderful holiday! I'm leaving next Thursday... shame we couldn't have somehow flown out together! Ah well. Maybe another time. ;)

StephUK
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Louise,

Hope you have a good flight and a great time too.

Regards
Steph

Brooke
04-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Have a wonderful time, Steph! I know you will!

Prettymaid
04-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Steph, we'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear all about your trip.

Be safe!

TimothyBFan
04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't know about the rest of you (or maybe I do!!) but I am getting so excited for this to all start all over again!!! New pics, new reviews, new concerts for Borderers to attend, experiences for me to live vicariously thru others with..... EXCITING stuff once again!!!! I can barely contain myself! :blueblob: :hilarious:

Stars
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Willie, I'm excited too! I won't be going to any of the concerts, but I am looking forward to living vicariously through the experiences of the Borderers who are going. Bring it on!:partytime::thumbsup:

eaglesvet
04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Yup, all you visiting California to see our guys...have a blast! Soda, love your av and sig!

Brooke
04-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I'm excited for everyone, too, but a little sad cause I'm not going. :-(

Prettymaid
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I'm excited for everyone, too, but a little sad cause I'm not going. :-(

Truer words were never spoken.

cynd1231
04-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, I'm SSSSSSOOOOOOOO excited. Found out last night that I'll be attending Friday AND Saturday shows, thanks to an old boyfriend. Ladies, I've got to tell you, it pays to NEVER burn your bridges......I think I love this guy again -- but still not as much as I love Tim.................

Prettymaid
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, I'm SSSSSSOOOOOOOO excited. Found out last night that I'll be attending Friday AND Saturday shows, thanks to an old boyfriend. Ladies, I've got to tell you, it pays to NEVER burn your bridges......I think I love this guy again -- but still not as much as I love Tim.................

Sounds like a good story. Spill it! :hilarious:

Koala
04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, I'm very excited, too! I can't wait to read the reviews and see the pictures!:partytime:

At all who goes to the Hollywood Bowl concerts, have fun and a wonderful time!

TimothyBFan
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh right Cynd!!!!!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Yea, Cynd!!! I am getting excited too! Can't wait for those vicarious thrills!!!

sodascouts
04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh my gosh, how wonderful Cynd!!! Now THAT'S my type of ex! ;)

Troubadour
04-14-2010, 01:13 PM
What great news, Cynd! Thrilled for you.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
:yay: for you, Cynd. Wow - none of my ex's are like that ... guess I need to check into that! :wink: :grin:

And Steph - have a safe trip and keep us posted whenever you can!

cynd1231
04-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a good story. Spill it!

He'd never forgive me if I dished the dirt. Let's just say that a long weekend in LA with the Eagles and this guy is promising to be one :smokin: three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stars
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Have a great time, Cynd! Can't wait to hear all about it!!:blueblob::grin:

Freypower
04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I just thought I would mention that the official merchandise has gone on sale:

http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click?q=1;110150;upcrNuUN3N4UH9qVb2InNg%3D%3D

I might have to buy something, as there is still no sign of an Australian tour.

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
I literally woke up this morning thinking, it's starts again tonight!!!! Who's as excited as I am and not going? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
I literally woke up this morning thinking, it's starts again tonight!!!! Who's as excited as I am and not going? :hilarious:

:wave:

GlennLover
04-16-2010, 08:40 AM

Me! :hilarious:

carol7lynn
04-16-2010, 09:10 AM
They just dropped some single center section (Pool C) seats this morning if anyone is interested.

Pool C Row 8 seats, 12, 9, 5. I used three browsers to find them. There may be more. Dead center is seat 7 btw. I don't like the bowl and I already have a 2nd row seat right in front of Timmy for Sunday at Anaheim so I passed but maybe someone else who has been patiently waiting from the board can grab one before the scalpers get them not that they may want them. I noticed scalpers are selling pool seats for tonight's show (16th) below face but they are way off-sides.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

cynd1231
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Bruce tells we have "pool" tickets...whatever that means. I've never been to the Bowl so I don't have the first clue! I'm getting ready to head out the door for the airport and I'm so excited I could P-- my pants!!!! You'd think I've never seen this show before -- how embarassing! Anyway he also said he has 'something really special' in the works...I feel like I'm 16 all over again...........wish me luck, ladies.

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Good luck! Tell us all about it!

GettheLeadonOut!!
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Drove by the Bowl on the way to work this morning. Nice to see the boys name on the marquee. Wish I was going, but hoping everyone has a blast!

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 02:34 PM
So Steph and Cynd are going to the Bowl - anyone else from the Border?

sodascouts
04-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Ooh, I am so intrigued by Cynd's Hollywood Bowl "special experience" - this should be interesting!!!

And I can't wait to hear back from Steph, too. So exciting to have new shows!

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm excited about seeing the photos and reading the reviews, too. Although I wish I was already over there. Hope everyone has a fantastic show.

Fan_For_Life
04-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Waiting in anticipation for reviews. Have a safe trip Cyndi. :)

carol7lynn
04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
April 20th and the rains came.

Here in the Inland Empire, the day started out great with the sun shining and everything so I figured Fritz Coleman, Dallas Raines (yes only in L.A.), and Johnny Mountain were all wet. But now, at 2:30 p.m., it's starting to rain afterall. It's been raining in LA since this morning according to the local news. I had hoped it would stall out over the Pacific as it oftentimes does but no such luck today.:ack:

Anyway, for those who are going tonight, I do hope the rain won't be that bad but I would advise all our guests to buddle-up as those Hollywood Hills are going to be brrrh-cold tonight and I'm sure all of the Eagles, and not just TimmyB, will be wearing coats tonight. Also, leave very early and take public transportation if you can because when our roads get wet, the drivers get grid locked. Can't wait to hear all the stories for tonight's show.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Nobody'sBeach
04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
OMG! There it is, finally! The Hollywood Bowl! Just like I pictured it. We just turned into the parking lot...

WTF? I was dreaming? Oh, man...

Now I have to go make dinner.

Prettymaid
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
OMG! There it is, finally! The Hollywood Bowl! Just like I pictured it. We just turned into the parking lot...

WTF? I was dreaming? Oh, man...

Now I have to go make dinner.

Awww man, NB!!! What a let down!!!

Nobody'sBeach
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Bummer for sure, PM!

Must have been some kinda flashback thingy from that last one I went to?

Anyway, back to the kitchen for now.

GettheLeadonOut!!
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
April 20th and the rains came.

Here in the Inland Empire, the day started out great with the sun shining and everything so I figured Fritz Coleman, Dallas Raines (yes only in L.A.), and Johnny Mountain were all wet. But now, at 2:30 p.m., it's starting to rain afterall. It's been raining in LA since this morning according to the local news. I had hoped it would stall out over the Pacific as it oftentimes does but no such luck today.:ack:

Anyway, for those who are going tonight, I do hope the rain won't be that bad but I would advise all our guests to buddle-up as those Hollywood Hills are going to be brrrh-cold tonight and I'm sure all of the Eagles, and not just TimmyB, will be wearing coats tonight. Also, leave very early and take public transportation if you can because when our roads get wet, the drivers get grid locked. Can't wait to hear all the stories for tonight's show.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Looks like the rain has passed through so those going should be ok. Should be a beautiful night, enjoy the show to those going...