PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this one?

bernie's bender
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
here is an oldy... but, I thought eagles fans might like it....

Goodbye (http://homepage.mac.com/macmanager/.Music/goodbye.mp3)

AzEaglesFan
01-18-2010, 04:24 AM
I liked it but have never heard of the group. Do they have other songs that you can share?:thumbsup:

MikeA
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Here's a link to the group's Wikipedia entry. There link to the Eagles was through Tom Leadon (Bernie's brother).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_(band)

I've been reading WAY too many "Recording" forums lately. The topic title is the type used on those forums when someone is wanting "critique" of some recording effort they have completed....or think they have completed.

I actually thought that BerniesBender had made that recording himself and I was getting all excited about discussing how he trained his voice so well and how he worked out what I assumed were the MIDI keyboard and drum sequences <LOL>.

I was impressed with the song.

bernie's bender
01-19-2010, 12:30 AM
That band had several famous folk in it!

I was around when it was rehearsed and recorded and think that record was a terrific album.... They recorded a second album that was never released (record label got swallowed) that was one great live band....

I believe that record is out of print... if you'd like to hear it in its entirety, pm me and I'll see what I can do.

Mike, I'll have a cd done by the summer and I'll post it so you we can talk about it. I've been helping a really great band with their record which has slowed me down... it is country rock and the guys have some great stuff to share...

EasyFeeling
02-03-2010, 06:56 AM
The Germans are looking for a singer who represents our country in the Eurovision Song Contest which is going to happen in May in Oslo, Norway this year.

Yesterday I watched the first show and this singer "performed" HC... it was horrible :eyebrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPMKvU4eV0

MikeA
02-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Hmmm. I'd LOVE to have that guy's voice. I don't want to be overly critical of the lyrics he used....he may be singing in a language that he doesn't speak. If that isn't the case, then he needed to spend a lot more time memorizing the lyrics. And on that guitar intro, on the speakers I'm listening through, It sounded as though he was missing about half the arpeggio on that signature riff.

tbs fanatic
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Ah, the Eurovision Song Contest - that certainly brings back memories :). One of the few 'contest shows' my family would all agree to sit through each year. I don't know why but I'm surprised it's still going - it has to be one of the longest running yearly contests on tv. I remember watching it from a very young age (which was a very long time ago! :sad:).

EasyFeeling
02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
No, English is not his native language.

TBS, you're right LOL

Sorry, that was not the video that I wanted to post here. Here is another with the entire performance:

http://www.unser-star-fuer-oslo.de/videos/player/index.html?contentId=57471&initialTab=related

pueblo47
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Even though most of us agree that Hotel California is Henley's song and no one can quite sing it like he can, I liked this video. The boy did a good job considering English isn't his language and that's a complicated bunch of words. He obviously practiced a lot and IMHP did ok. Can any of us do that? Not me, I wouldn't have the nerve, though my bathroom walls know I can sing loudly....and probably way off key:thumbsup:. Thanks for the video, it was entertaining.

MikeA
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I do tend to be critical of people performing in these contests. They are in them to compete for rewards. But with that said, I did condition my statement because I didn't know whether or not he spoke English. His vocals were good if you ignore the lyrical mistakes.

I'm leery about these AI contests. I refuse to watch the early episodes. Just too many people that should not get 5 seconds on the show. And in many cases, I think that the finalists are selected more on "marketability" than on talent. And that may be the intent. There have been some good ones come out of it though.