PDA

View Full Version : Expando Song Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Time for the Expando Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the songs of Expando here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whichever song has the most prior votes is eliminated. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. And yes, it has been necessary a couple times in the past!

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask an Expando-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

=====================================

GAME OVER! And the winner of Expando Song Survivor is....

PARACHUTE!

CONGRATS TO PARACHUTE!!!

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24
One More Mile 1/26
I Don't Mind 1/28
Downtime 1/30
White Boy from Sacramento 2/01
A Good Day 2/03
Friday Night 2/05
Secular Praise 2/07

Thanks for playing!

sodascouts
01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, this was really hard, but after listening to the CD several times only one song didn't really grow on me. It has some good segments but as a whole, it's definitely my least favorite. So...

I cast my vote for Melancholy.

Freypower
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, here we go. I listened to the album twice this morning and found I had to rearrange my order of the songs I wish to see eliminated twice.

The song I like least hasn't changed from when I first bought the album. I know it's very personal (see also a couple of songs on Inside Job which also happen to be my least favourites on that album) but I'm afraid the falsetto part made it my least favourite (I admit to inconsistency here because I would perhaps like that part if it were Glenn singing).

I cast my vote for Ella Jean.

Prettymaid
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I cast my vote for One More Mile.

It starts great with the E-e-e-e—e and guitar, but as soon as the vocals start it loses me. The truth is this self-proclaimed white boy from Sacramento does not have the vocals to carry off this song. And the line “one more mile” melodically reminds me of the old spiritual “Let My People Go”

A couple of other little things I don’t like – the stop after he sings “Where’m I gonna spent the night?”

To me the tambourine would sound better on the off beat, instead of on the beat.

To end on a positive note, even though I’ve critiqued the song for the purpose of the game, I don’t dislike it. In fact, IMO there’s not a stinker on the whole album.

sodascouts
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
It's true Ella Jean is a bit simplistic, but it's also got some really nice harmonies. One More Mile is so funky and different - gets stuck in your head. Melancholy, on the other hand, is basically a guy moping around the house and whining. Its name certainly suits it. I mean any song that has the line "oh pitiful me" sung in all seriousness.... yikes!!

Prettymaid
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Melancholy has the best vocals on the album. TBS takes us through a pi** poor day. Hey, we’ve all had ‘em.

For hardcore Beatles fans, lyrically this song puts me in mind of I’m Only Sleeping.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I have to totally agree with PM about Melancholy. It is gorgeous, IMHO - one of my absolute favorites on the album. I think most of all of us have had days like this, and are able to relate to this song.

BTW - I am withholding my vote for now.

luvthelighthouse
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
I am withholding my vote for now. I would like to comment on the three chosen thus far.

Melancholy... while at first listen, it could be a throw away song, but after several listens, no way! It's easy, but something we all relate too. Haven't we all had a woe is me day? One of my favorite lines on the album is from this song. "should I turn on my tv and let it do my thinking for me?" I often find myself singing lyrics from this tune. It's funny, because I just read my review of Expando and like I just mentioned, I wasn't impressed.

Ella Jean... I know this is not going to be a mass appeal song due to the intimacy of the subject. However, for me, I happen to think it's very soothing. I also enjoy the California surf sound, so this fits in perfectly. There was a time in my teens when I was huge into the Beach Boys, so I think this song brings me to a happy place.

One More Mile... while I appreciate the "washers" being played here, that's really about it. Oh, and the strong bass line is good. However, this is the one song that has a style of music I least like.

cynd1231
01-19-2010, 12:41 AM
It's hard to pick ANY song to eliminate...the diversity of songs on this CD captured my imagination from the first note. I personally think this is his best solo work to date -- pure Timothy B. and I hear a great deal of his heart and soul in each song.

Going to listen again in the morning before I cast my vote....

sodascouts
01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Three votes so far... three different songs....

yes, this is gonna be an interesting game!

Koala
01-19-2010, 02:19 AM
I can not decide yet! I have 2 songs between which I must still decide!

UK TimFan
01-19-2010, 03:22 AM
When Survivor was first announced 'I knew' what my first two nominations would be.
But in the last few hours I've starrted to waver, and wonder if I should change my vote. (Do we have an 'eeny meeny miny mo' smilie? :grin: )
However, although the song has grown on me since, I've decided to stick with one of the songs that I really didn't like the first time I heard it.

I therefore vote for Ella Jean.

I appreciate that the true meaning of the lyrics goes deeper than this, but to me it sounds as if the guy is so dependent on the love of his life that he can't even blow his nose if she's more than ten yards away from him.
And to really rub it in, I'm not that keen on the tune, either.
(Sorry Tim. :hug: )

AzEaglesFan
01-19-2010, 03:55 AM
I can see now that this is going to be a tough one. So that said I will go with Ella Jean. Sorry Tim it just doesn't do a thing for me and there are other songs I like a lot better.

Wildthyme
01-19-2010, 04:47 AM
I have to vote for I Don't Mind. There isn't a song on the album I don't like but this one seems a wee bit mean spirited and negative so its my first choice to go.

Prettymaid
01-19-2010, 07:32 AM
This is great! Everybody's really into this game!

TimothyBFan
01-19-2010, 08:11 AM
First I got to say UKTF-you gave me a chuckle with your analysis of Ella Jean! :hilarious:

Soda-what you said about One More Mile getting stuck in your head--isn't that the truth! In fact my facebook status this morning is, "A little piece of mind is all I'm looking for, or maybe just a little light. I'm looking for something, searchin' my soul. Gotta speak with my inner child. As I begin to talk, he says, "Keep on walking, just one more mile." because it's been going thru my head the last like 3 hours and I haven't even heard it for a few days.

I will tell you that this will be the only round I can say that I will have no trouble voting in. There is one song from the beginning that I really didn't care much for, that the first time I heard it (a wonderful night spent with a certain TBS in Chicago in November--ok not the whole night and not just me but a girl can dream!) I just didn't care for it and it has not grown on me at all. I know what you are all going to say and NO it's not the subject matter--REALLY!!! Tho I will say that if it had been written for me I may think differently. ;) It just seems to be so boring and I find myself almost dozing while listening to it. It also seems it could almost be a child's song, the whole tune of it sounds like something a guest on the Barney & Friends show would sit down with the kids and a guitar and have a sing-a-long with. Sorry Timothy!!

That all being said, I cast my vote for Ella Jean.

From here on in, it's gonna get difficult for me!

Prettymaid
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
It also seems it could almost be a child's song, the whole tune of it sounds like something a guest on the Barney & Friends show would sit down with the kids and a guitar and have a sing-a-long with. Sorry Timothy!!

:hilarious: Here's the notes I took yesterday for Ella Jean:

The beginning has always reminded me a little of Dr. Seuss ...”something’s wrong – when you’re gone”. The lyrics are simple, but sweet.

The “flowers in your hair” part is nice. Kind of reminds me of the sixties.

Don’t like the falsetto in this song.

Ahhh, saved by the harmonica! Love it! Very Dylanesque.

timfan
01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Well Ella Jean is one of my top four songs on the album so in an effort to save Ella Jean....

I cast my vote for One More Mile and encourage others to the same! :nod:

eaglesvet
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
What a discussion already! From the first time I heard the CD, and basically every time since, there's one song I've just not cared for. I think it's just the style of the music...too "bluegrassy" for me, for lack of a better term. This will be the only time I will have so easy a time to choose my vote, also; so I will vote for One More Mile.

Koala
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I've heard the 2 songs again and now I have decided, I cast my vote for Ella Jean!

Peekaboo
01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I gotta go with PM, TF, and EV on this one and vote for One More Mile. For me, the song is just okay. It's not one that I can really get into. Like EV said, it's just too blue grassy for me. As for Ella Jean, I think it's a very sweet song and I really like his vocals on it. The lyrics come from the heart and I think a lot of women would want their man to write something like this for them, I know I would. Btw, although I like Ella Jean and am defending it during this first round, there are others on the album that I like much more and should it survive this round it will be my next choice to vote for.

TimothyBFan
01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Jess- I don't care if it is your birthday--YOU ARE WRONG!!:hilarious:

Seriously tho--One thing to consider here also about One More Mile not that it really makes any difference in our little game here--but remember that Timothy must be pretty darn proud of this song because in a lot of the on the air interviews, he has played this song. It might be simply because it would be an easy one to do acoustically but it's also one that he has spoken about quite a bit. Food for thought.

SAVE ONE MORE MILE---FOR AWHILE ANYWAYS!!!!

luvthelighthouse
01-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't help TBF. I had thought about this game long and hard (that's what she said) prior to it beginning. I will vote from the heart and the song I like least. It is not to say it's a bad song, or I hate it, because I neither true... but one of them has to go... so...

I vote for One More Mile

Brooke
01-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm going to join Soda and vote for Melancholy.

I have listened to this album lots and lots and it's the only song that, for the life of me, I can't come up with the melody or words to the song just out of the blue! I'm sure if I had time to play it right now, I would go "Oh yeah, that one!". Many of the other songs get stuck in my head, so Melancholy must be forgettable! :shrug:

tbs fanatic
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I vote for Compassion. I always skip that song - does not grab me at all (sorry Tim). I can't believe people are voting for One More Mile :huh: - that's my favorite.

01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow Brooke - if you keep this up I'm not gonna be your twin separated at birth anymore! :lol:

And tbsf - I'm with you about Compassion. Although I don't skip it yet, it is my least favorite track on the album.

But, I'm still saving my vote to see how this round plays out.

Prettymaid
01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I have to vote for I Don't Mind. There isn't a song on the album I don't like but this one seems a wee bit mean spirited and negative so its my first choice to go.

Cami, ya know I luv ya and I'm just playing the game, but I disagree somewhat with your assessment of IDM. I think the peson Timothy is singing about is the one who is mean spirited and negative. Of course, we have to take Timothy's word for it, because we don't know who he's talking about. But we all know somebody who is just so moody you don't like to be around them! At least he ends by saying "any which way that the wind blows you'll be my friend". I think he's got an important message here - don't let all that negativity get to you. Always take the higher road.

sodascouts
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree PM. In fact, I think the song is an exercise in restraint. I interpret it as him saying "I'm not gonna let your moodiness get to me. I'm just going to smile and wait until you get over your little drama of the day, and I'll still be your friend when it's all over."

When someone is being pissy - biting your head off for no reason, sulking over nothing, overreacting to little stuff - it's hard not to react negatively. The urge to say "Get over yourself" is strong! Unfortunately, this escalates things and causes even more problems. Timothy knows that so he lets it roll off his back. "I don't mind."

From what we know of the band's dynamics, I think this attitude is EASILY applicable to his professional situation with the Eagles!

Freypower
01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I will just add my two cents - I LOVE One More Mile and would hate to see it voted off so quickly. My favourite songs on this album are the ones which sound different. OMM has an almost bluesy feel (as oppoosed to 'bluegrass' which some people have mentioned) and I didn't expect that from Tim.

sodascouts
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I have to go more with the blues than the bluegrass myself when characterizing One More Mile. It has such a catchy hook and it's so different from what you expect to open up a Timothy B. Schmit album. I really do love it so I sure hope it can be saved!

Prettymaid
01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I would categorize it as Spiritual or Gospel music.

cynd1231
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Have spent my entire day off listening to EXPANDO as I've worked thru my chores. Narrowed it down to four:
One More Mile
Ella Jean
I Don't Mind
A Good Day

After several more listens I dropped A Good Day from my choices for the first round. More plays and I decided to leave Ella Jean...

My roommate came and went several times, each time he returned he just rolled his eyes when he realized I was STILL listening. So I went back and read/listened to various interviews that have cropped up since the release of the CD in October and finally chose.........

One More Mile.

GlennLover
01-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm having real difficulty with this round. And it's only the first! I can't pick a song to vote off. I only know that I don't want OMM to go! It's my favorite. I can never get it out of my head for a long while after each time I hear it. I love the beat, the tempo, the hook! That bluesy feel just appeals to me.

I had read quite a few reviews before I actually got the CD & I was prepared to dislike Ella Jean, but I quite like it & I wasn't planning on voting it off first. However, in the interest of SAVING ONE MORE MILE,

Wildthyme
01-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I
When someone is being pissy - biting your head off for no reason, sulking over nothing, overreacting to little stuff - it's hard not to react negatively. The urge to say "Get over yourself" is strong! Unfortunately, this escalates things and causes even more problems. Timothy knows that so he lets it roll off his back. "I don't mind."

From what we know of the band's dynamics, I think this attitude is EASILY applicable to his professional situation with the Eagles!

And my feeling is that is, that if you are really letting it roll off your back then you don't tell everyone that it is because that means it really isn't. To me this song says "I need to tell you how much you don't bother me with the way you act because the reality is you really drive me nuts and now I need to poke at you a little to get back"

And yes I can totally believe that this song has to do with the band and its dynamics and I can't help but think it may be aimed at one or more of the other members... which is part of what really bothers me about it.

As far as One More Mile goes. I love it. I love the bluesy sound of it. I know its appeal isn't universal but I tend to be rather non-mainstream in a lot of my musical tastes which is probably why I like it so much. Based on what I read in the Expando review thread I expected it to be voted off early on. And I agree that Tim seems to be proud of the song - there's a reason he put it first on the album. I think its a real departure from what he has done before and from the other songs on this album and I am going to be sad to see it voted off, whether in this round or a subsequent one.

TimothyBFan
01-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm finding it really interesting that generally people either love or totally dislike One More Mile. Doesn't seem to be to much in between with it. I didn't expect that.

BTW-Blues is definitely more of what it is and that's probably why I like it so much. I love the Blues and listen to a lot of it. With Tim's blue-eyed soulful voice, I think this just kind of was a natural step for him. JMO

ETA-Unless I missed something- One More Mile has 6 votes and Ella Jean has 4 right now.

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
ETA-Unless I missed something- One More Mile has 6 votes and Ella Jean has 4 right now.

I've got it all tied up at six each!

eaglesvet
01-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Yup. Ella Jean also has 6.

TimothyBFan
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Ummm-yeah---Like I said--It's all tied up at 6 a piece! ;-) (what can I say--I was doing it really fast!)

eaglesvet
01-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey. at least it proves you're honest! (As if there was any question...but when the stakes are this high, and with such a hard-core Tim fan...ya never know!!) :hilarious:

01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, I wanted to wait until the end of the round to cast my vote, but I’m not going to be around tonight when the voting ends. It looks like this is going to be an interesting and unpredictable game. Personally, I like every song on this album so it’s gonna be hard for me to decide what to vote for most of the time. Obviously though, I like some of the songs more than others, and my three least favorites are Compassion, Ella Jean, and One More Mile. Generally speaking, I like Tim’s falsetto, but I’m not crazy about the way he uses it in Compassion and Ella Jean. If this round had a clear cut winner, I was going to vote for Compassion. However, as it stands right now, my vote is breaking a tie so …

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Well Dreamer, I was hoping your vote would go the other way...now I'm going to have to
:armed::machinegun::nod:

luvthelighthouse
01-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I must be tone deaf :fear:, because I'm not hearing this clear falsetto that everyone is talking about. I even listened over and over...

TimothyBFan
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
ltlh--You're Not Alone! I don't hear it either and really don't care! :hilarious: I likes what I hear and that's all that really matters!! :thumbsup:

Dreamer------THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE!!!!!

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
LTL, you don't hear a falsetto during the Ella Jean parts?

01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Well PM - we'll just have to take down your first choice in the next round. :wink:

And ltl - what I refer to as the falsetto in Ella Jean is the chorus. As far as Compassion, what sounds falsetto to me is when he actually sings the word "Compassion". I'm just not that fond of the way Tim changes the pitch in his voice in either case.

TimothyBFan
01-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Per Websters: 1 : an artificially high voice; especially : an artificially produced singing voice that overlaps and extends above the range of the full voice especially of a tenor.

But his voice goes high a lot/most of the time. I hear it in songs like Fast Company with Don & Glenn. I guess I just don't think of Timothy as falsetto. I just listened again and it just sounds "like Timothy"-know what I mean?

luvthelighthouse
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
TBF, that's how "I" feel. I don't think Tim is changing his voice at all, he just sings high... always has. I'll give them another listen, as I'm about to get into the car now.

Brooke
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Technically, it may not be an actual falsetto, and I'm certainly not the one to decide since I know absolutely nothing about music, but I describe the unusually high pitched singing that anyone does as falsetto. Right or wrong, I don't really care for it.

As far as Ella Jean and Compassion, those falsetto parts are the parts I dislike about each song. Otherwise, I really love Ella Jean. It just hits home with me personally, because my husband has to travel a lot for work.

01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
:nod: I do know what you mean, Willie. Tim does have a natural high-pitched voice. But in these cases, I call it falsetto because Tim raises the pitch of his voice in these particular lines significantly higher than it is in the rest of the song(s). But as Brooke said, whatever you want to call it, they are the lines that I like least in these songs.

luvthelighthouse
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, IMO, he hits them high notes like they were nothing... :rofl:so I'm okay w/how it sounds. I will agree I hear what you are talking about at the end of Ella Jean, but that is just about the time I end the song. I can do w/out the Ella,Ella Jean chanting. I still wouldn't call it falsetto for Tim, but I understand what you mean. As for Compassion... nope, don't hear it. Not even on that one word...

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm not a musical expert, but I tend to agree that Tim is using his naturally high voice to sing the chorus of Ella Jean rather than an artificial falsetto. Falsettos usually are a far cry from the natural sound of a singer's voice (reference Fast Company). That's why I hate it when Glenn pulls out the falsetto. It turns his rich, textured voice into a bad Bee Gees impression.

Actually, I find that the catchiest part of the song and I often find myself humming it. "Ellllllla, Ella Jean...." Seems I'm in the minority!

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Okay let me try to describe what I consider falsetto.

Everybody now, sing :singer: Do re mi fa so la ti do

Did your voice change about halfway through as you went up the scale to a sound with more air in it? If you were singing softly it probably did. That's falsetto. Timothy does it when he sings Ella, Ella Jean where are you?

If you sang the scale loudly you may have been able to do the whole thing without using your falsetto. And, of course if you started low your falsetto probably didn't kick in.

Peekaboo
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
As far as Ella Jean and Compassion, those falsetto parts are the parts I dislike about each song. Otherwise, I really love Ella Jean.

I'm just the opposite. That's what I really like about both songs. It's what really caught my attention to them. I think his voice sounds great like that especially when he sings that way on Ella Jean.

Actually, I find that the catchiest part of the song and I often find myself humming it. "Ellllllla, Ella Jean...." Seems I'm in the minority!

:nod: Yup, me too.

Freypower
01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree with everyone who has said that the higher parts of Ella Jean and the title word of Compassion are sung in falsetto, and both are my least favourite parts of both songs. Compassion was my next choice to be eliminated.

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 09:01 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is Ella Jean. “Ella Jean,” we'll miss you. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Ella Jean – 7
One More Mile – 6
Melancholy – 2
I Don't Mind - 1
Compassion - 1

Vote Breakdown
Ella Jean - Freypower
Ella Jean - UK TimFan
Ella Jean - AzEaglesFan
Ella Jean - TimothyBFan
Ella Jean - Koala
Ella Jean - GlennLover
Ella Jean - Ive always been a dreamer
One More Mile - Prettymaid
One More Mile - timfan
One More Mile - eaglesvet
One More Mile - Peekaboo
One More Mile - luvthelighthouse
One More Mile - cynd1231
Melancholy - sodascouts
Melancholy - Brooke
I Don't Mind - WildThyme
Compassion - tbs fanatic

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20

Songs remaining:
One More Mile
Parachute
Friday Night
White Boy from Sacramento
Compassion
Downtime
Melancholy
I Don't Mind
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song from Expando also appears on an album by the Blind Boys of Alabama?

INCLUDE BOTH YOUR ANSWER AND THE SONG YOU WISH TO BE IMMUNE or it won't be counted!

Wildthyme
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Secular Praise

and if I am right One More Mile immune

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
That's right!

ONE MORE MILE is immune.

Round 2 begins NOW!

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Let's try this again!

For reasons previously stated...

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I cast my vote for I Don't Mind.

Aside from the provocative lyrics, this song doesn’t do a lot for me. If I have to skip a song, this is one I don’t mind.

GlennLover
01-20-2010, 09:15 PM

I agree with you, Soda. I find that that part sticks in my head too!

UK TimFan
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I know so many of you will disagree with this one. :)

My vote is for 'White boy from Sacramento' to be eliminated.

I can't really explain why I don't like it as much as some of the other songs, though I know I hate the end of the song.
Probably deep down I don't like it simply because it doesn't sound like Tim.

(I hasten to add that, like most folks, it's not so much eliminating 'songs I hate' as the 'songs I like the least'. :) )

Freypower
01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I cast my vote for Compassion. It doesn't leave much of an impression although it's pleasant enough.

luvthelighthouse
01-20-2010, 09:53 PM
I personally love I Don't Mind. I know I mentioned in my original review of Expando that perhaps it could be about his bandmates... but honestly, it could be about a friend, child, friends expierence, etc. I don't take it personally and I love the catchiness of it.

This round, I cast my vote for: Compassion

It's not awful, but it's not a stand out by any means. It's there, it's okay, it's nice... but it's like a potato... just there and nothing really special. It's what I expect.

GlennLover
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree with LTL. I have been listening to the album again today & Compassion does the least for me of any of the songs, even though I do like it.

I cast my vote for Compassion.

eaglesvet
01-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh, I'm going to shake it up a bit, now that "One More Mile" is off-limits for me this round. I actually like "Compassion" pretty well, so it won't be getting my vote any time soon. But, although I liked it well enough in concert...on the album, "Downtime" is just a downer for me. I cast my vote for "Downtime."

cynd1231
01-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Since 'Ella Jean' is gone it's a quick narrow-down to either I Don't Mind or " Good Day........

My vote: I Don't Mind

Koala
01-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I cast my vote for Compassion!

AzEaglesFan
01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
I guess I don't have any Compassion so it has to go.

TimothyBFan
01-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm still in shock over UKTF's vote against WBFS! :woah: I didn't think I'd see a vote for that so soon! You warned us we'd be surprised at your selections! I've got my http://bestsmileys.com/eyes/3.gif on you! :hilarious:

I have gone back and forth on this selection if Ella Jean were to get eliminated in the first round. BTW-good job everyone :nod:. Every other time I listen, I go back and forth over Melancholy and Compassion. I like them both but neither of them really strike me as outstanding. I really think that I lean toward liking Compassion more tho, I really like Tim's vocals on it more than Melancholy and it's actually grown on me since the first time I heard it or listened to the cd. And help me out here someone who has seen him, at least in Chicago, wasn't Melancholy the only song from the cd he didn't play? Melancholy just seems to leave me a little blah! Since it looks as if Compassion might go anyways I will attempt to save it.

I vote for Melancholy.

Prettymaid
01-21-2010, 09:37 AM
And help me out here someone who has seen him, at least in Chicago, wasn't Melancholy the only song from the cd he didn't play?

I'm pretty sure you're right TBF.

I've mentioned in previous Survivor games that I tend to break my list into thirds - 1. Favorites, 2. They're okay, and 3. Least favorites. This list was pretty easy for me to make, except for a couple in the middle.

Compassion is "in the middle" for me. I wish it weren't getting voted off just yet. Here are the notes I took for it:
--------------------------------------------------
It surprises me how much I like this song. I love the message in the lyrics, and in this song I feel the falsetto works for him nicely.
------------------------------------------------------------
To follow up, I like the way Timothy admits in the song that because of his success he may be out of touch with the real world. I think it's a very honest response from somebody who is "living like a king" to "see the world as it really is" and start to feel some compassion.

Brooke
01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry to see Ella Jean go so soon.

I cast my vote for Melancholy again this time.

luvthelighthouse
01-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm still in shock over UKTF's vote against WBFS! :woah: I didn't think I'd see a vote for that so soon!

I am more shocked about I Don't Mind and Downtime having votes! While "we" might like WBFS, I think it's because of our personal connection with Timothy. When I say "us", I mean Eagles fans. We like Timothy and appreciate this intimate look into his life... but overall as a song for anyone, I can see where there might not have mass appeal.

IDM, the tuba drives the song and I love it! I've also mentioned in the past, how I love the "your self inflicted trauma"... because that is something I say. I relate to this song, becuase I find most of the people around me create their own chaos and personally, I can't stand it and I want to be left out of it!

Downtime... that tempo change to the chorus is what makes this song! "Jump into my car and ride to the ocean"... I just love it!

sodascouts
01-21-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm not surprised by the vote for Downtime. I liked it live, but on the album it didn't impress me as much. I'll be voting for it soon.

In addition, I have to admit to not being as impressed with WBFS as most! :: ducks :: I just have a natural aversion to silly songs and it has a lot of silly parts, although a lot of cute parts as well.

I agree with PM's assessment of "Compassion." Also, I've always thought Compassion was a better trait than Melancholy. ;)

timfan
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I cast my vote for Parachute

Prettymaid
01-22-2010, 08:56 AM

WOW! That came out of left field! I thought everybody liked that one a lot!

eaglesvet
01-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I agree I was a bit surprised by the choice of Parachute, but to each her own! That is among my top faves, though!
(PM,I have said before, and I continue to notice, how similar your and my musical tastes are!)

Prettymaid
01-22-2010, 09:08 AM
(PM,I have said before, and I continue to notice, how similar your and my musical tastes are!)

Yes, they seem to be, except for the elephant in the room...(I'm not a BS fan!) *ducking*

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Woah!!!!! :shock:

Troubadour
01-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I haven't had much Border time lately, and so I missed the first round, sadly. I've just caught up with all the votes and opinions though, and I'm loving the lively debate!

This is really difficult, but I think I will have to cast my vote for I Don't Mind. I don't dislike any track from this album, but this song just doesn't do much for me. It stands out less than the others. If we had played this game right after I bought Expando, Compassion and Melancholy would have been my first votes. Funny how songs grow on you!

luvthelighthouse
01-22-2010, 11:28 AM
WOW! That came out of left field! I thought everybody liked that one a lot!

Not everyone. :nahnah: I kinda liked that vote!

eaglesvet
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Yes, they seem to be, except for the elephant in the room...(I'm not a BS fan!) *ducking*
I suppose I can overlook that...not everyone is perfect.:nahnah::wink:

tbs fanatic
01-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I will go with Compassion again.

Wildthyme
01-22-2010, 02:53 PM
As before I will vote for I Don't Mind...

Peekaboo
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I want to get my vote in before I leave for the weekend. I won't be able to vote again till Sunday. I like I Don't Mind and the attention it gets about who he is refering to in the song. I tend to think that it's about his current bandmates but who really knows? It's a fun song but the tuba just doesn't do anything for me. I also think that it's too soon for Compassion to go so in order to try to save it i'm voting for I Don't Mind.

01-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, once again, I'm not going to be around when this round ends tonight so I have to vote earlier than I'd like. One thing for sure is these first two rounds have been so close that I haven't been able to vote strategically like I normally do. So in order to try to secure it's demise, predictably I'm going to vote for my least favorite track on the album. I like the song, but it's just a little bit too "Beach Boyish" for me, so ...

I cast my vote for Compassion.

sodascouts
01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
The second song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is Compassion. “Compassion,” the tribe has none for you. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Compassion - 7
I Don't Mind - 5
Melancholy – 3
White Boy from Sacramento - 1
Downtime - 1
Parachute - 1

Vote Breakdown
Compassion - Freypower
Compassion - luvthelighthouse
Compassion - GlennLover
Compassion - Koala
Compassion - AzEaglesFan
Compassion - tbs fanatic
Compassion - Ive always been a dreamer
I Don't Mind - Prettymaid
I Don't Mind - cynd1231
I Don't Mind - Troubadour
I Don't Mind - WildThyme
I Don't Mind - Peekaboo
Melancholy - sodascouts
Melancholy - TimothyBFan
Melancholy - Brooke
White Boy from Sacramento - UK TimFan
Downtime - eaglesvet
Parachute - timfan

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22

Songs remaining:
One More Mile
Parachute
Friday Night
Downtime
Melancholy
I Don't Mind
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Where did Timothy get the album's name Expando from?

INCLUDE BOTH YOUR ANSWER AND THE SONG YOU WISH TO BE IMMUNE or it won't be counted!

ETA: "I Don't Mind" is immune.

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 09:02 PM
The trailer he lived in as a kid.

I Don't Mind immuned

sodascouts
01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
You got it TBF!

I DON'T MIND is immune.

Round 3 begins NOW!

UK TimFan
01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
The trailer he lived in as a kid.

I Don't Mind immuned
I do hate it when people type quicker than me, but as I was going to chose the same song for immunity, you're forgiven. :)

Freypower
01-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I had a strategy planned out if I Don't Mind hadn't been made immune. I now think that the people who previously voted for One More Mile will perhaps vote it off, but I won't be among them. I don't think I will be able to vote in the next round because of the Australia Day long weekend (I may not be back here until next Wednesday my time)! so I will go with the next song on my list. I know this is one of the more popular songs but for me it is not a favourite.

So I cast my vote for Friday Night..... (ducks).

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I got your back UKTF! :thumbsup:

Going with the same song for the same reasons!

I vote for Melancholy.

sodascouts
01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Same here!

And I suggest anyone who wants to keep One More Mile in the game throw in with us and vote for Melancholy!

luvthelighthouse
01-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought the round ended at 8:00 my time... I'm late! However, thank you TBF for saving I Don't Mind. It's too early for it to leave. I like Melancholy much much better than OMM... Even though I'd probably vote for something else this round... I'm gonna try to get this sucker out of here!

I cast my vote for: ONE MORE MILE

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I debated on which one to make immune--OMM or IDM. I like IDM just a little more than OMM. I knew which ever one I didn't make immune would possibly get a lot of votes and possibly disappear this round. From here on in-every song eliminated is going to hurt more and more. :worried:

Prettymaid
01-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I like IDM just a little more than OMM.

Ditto. But I'm saving my vote this round. :wink:

cynd1231
01-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I vote for A Good Day

Koala
01-23-2010, 04:33 AM
I cast my vote for Melancholy

tbs fanatic
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
It's getting harder to choose but I think I will go for MELANCHOLY.

01-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Okay - It look like it's time to try to form a coalition to save Melancholy. I think it is a gorgeous song - a wonderful melody, great lyrics, and amazing vocals by Tim. To all the players who voted for One More Mile in the first round - we need your votes here. I think One More Mile is a good song too, but, overall, Melancholy is superior. So, let's band together to save it.

VOTE FOR ONE MORE MILE!!!!

P.S. I am withholding my vote to see if this coalition will stick!

eaglesvet
01-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Coalition or not, One More Mile gets my vote.

timfan
01-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I cast my vote for One More Mile

Wildthyme
01-24-2010, 05:28 AM
I am going to have to vote for Melancholy this round...

UK TimFan
01-24-2010, 11:46 AM
This has been a very difficult decision for me. I deliberately haven't counted the votes, so I don't know if I could have split a tie-break.
People have voted for songs that I, personally, would like to survive a little longer.
But the song I voted to eliminate in round two (as one of my two 'least favourite' on the album) is still there. I therefore feel that it only right to vote for it again. (And I know I will probably still be voting for it in round eight. :grin: )
My vote to eliminate goes to 'White boy from Sacramento'.

(Though I reserve the right to start voting tactically if my two favourites are threatened!)

GlennLover
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
I have to vote Melancholy.

01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, unless we have a late rush of voters in the last few hours of this round, it looks like Melancholy could be on it's way out. As I said before, that makes me 'melancholy' because I love the song. I'll go ahead and vote for the song that will hopefully be the next to go ...

sodascouts
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
The third song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is Melancholy. Pitiful “Melancholy,” the tribe has determined you're gonna sit out this dance. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Melancholy – 6
One More Mile - 4
Friday Night - 1
A Good Day - 1

Vote Breakdown
Melancholy - TimothyBFan
Melancholy - sodascouts
Melancholy - Koala
Melancholy - tbs fanatic
Melancholy - Wildthyme
Melancholy - GlennLover
One More Mile - timfan
One More Mile - Ive always been a dreamer
Friday Night - Freypower
A Good Day - cynd1231
White Boy from Sacramento - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24

Songs remaining:
One More Mile
Parachute
Friday Night
Downtime
I Don't Mind
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

According to "White Boy from Sacramento," what soda did Timothy drink?

INCLUDE BOTH YOUR ANSWER AND THE SONG YOU WISH TO BE IMMUNE or it won't be counted.

TimothyBFan
01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Pepsi Cola

I immune I Don't Mind

sodascouts
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM
You're right, TBF!

I DON'T MIND is immune.

Round 4 beings NOW!

TimothyBFan
01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I gotta say that was weird!! I figured I was waaaay to late to get in on the immunity question. :headscratch:

Anyways, so far the songs have been voted off in the order I had them on my list. Who would of thought? I'd say the rate were going here, it's pretty obvious which song will go next unless everyone has a change of heart and since it's the next on my list also....

I vote for One More Mile.

sodascouts
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah TBF I was a little surprised the immunity question wasn't answered earlier as well! Glad you got it though!

While it does look like One More Mile is going next, I'm not giving up yet. My next-least-favorite is a song that I liked when I heard it live, but liked less when I heard it on the album. It just starts too slowly - by the time it gets to the fun part about going down to the ocean, I'm bored!

I cast my vote for Downtime.

luvthelighthouse
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm not shocked by the votes far, they were on the bottom of my least favorites list. Thinking back to my initial reaction to Expando, I believe I may have called Compassion and Melancholy throw away songs... but Melancholy really grew on me. I'm sorry to see it go. I do not want to waste another vote on OMM, because IMO, I feel it should be gone already.

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I vote off my next least favorite, or stick it out one more round and try to get rid of OMM. After this round, I think it's gonna get hard for me. I just love this album so much!

eaglesvet
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, I had the same sentiments about Downtime, Soda! However, first things first....One More Mile is next on my list (well, it was actually first on my list, but who's counting...oh yeah, you are!)

cynd1231
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm with TBF on this round: One More Mile

Koala
01-25-2010, 02:25 AM
I have absolutely no idea which song I should be vote! The best thing will be when I again listen to the album and then I'll vote later!

Brooke
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm with Koala. I really don't know where to go from here cause I really like all the rest of the songs. Gonna have to give it another listen. Oh the pain! lol

tbs fanatic
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm with soda - Downtime gets my vote this time.

Troubadour
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh no! I hope Downtime sticks around a bit longer!

I'm going to vote for White Boy From Sacramento. I like the fact that Tim has done something a little different and personal. It's a fun song, and it really steps up a notch towards the end - but it's just the one I listen to least, out of the remaining tracks. One More Mile made a real impact on me at first (I smiled when I heard those first few notes, and just knew I was going to love the album), so I can't vote it off just yet.

timfan
01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I cast my vote for One More Mile

GlennLover
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh please, not One More Mile!!!!!

Prettymaid
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Shoot - I forgot to vote last round. Oh well,my vote would not have helped Melancholy anyway...

Here are my notes for Downtime.
-------------------------------
This is one of those songs where I like the chorus a lot better than the verses. The lyrics do a good job of portraying the downtime vibe. As soon as he sits on his front porch I’m right there with him! Love the background vocals of Kid Rock and Dwight Yoakam and I’m so glad he had Van Dyke Parks continue his accordion work on this song.
---------------------------------------

I'll reiterate what I said about One More Mile earlier in the game. It's a great song, but Timothy's voice is not bluesy enough for it. That's why it's my least favorite on the album.

But, I'll hold my vote until later. (Hopefully I'll remember to come back this time!) :wink:

Freypower
01-26-2010, 12:03 AM
I love Downtime but that is all I intend to say at the moment.

I again vote for Friday Night.

Koala
01-26-2010, 02:16 AM
I decided now, it was difficult!
I cast my vote for Parachute.

AzEaglesFan
01-26-2010, 02:34 AM
I vote for Downtime

TimothyBFan
01-26-2010, 08:08 AM
This game is really surprising me in some respects. Again I'm surprised that Downtown is getting so many votes this early on. It seems quite a few songs that I didn't think we'd see early votes on (Parachute & WB also) have gotten some. We seem to be all over the place on these. Yet the songs so far, have been voted off exactly as I have on my list. I'm sure that will all end soon. :ack:

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I know Willie - this is crazy! Last round Downtime didn't get a single vote. Now it's tied with One More Mile!

SAVE DOWNTIME!

VOTE FOR ONE MORE MILE!!!

Brooke
01-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I had a busy weekend and didn't get to vote last round, but I'm glad the way it turned out.

This time I vote for Downtime. I like it, just like the others better.

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't want to miss the cut off... I also don't want to waste another vote... so Prettymaid, please vote with me... and anyone else who feels it's time.

I vote for One More Mile!

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
In my book it certainly is time for OMM to leave the island.:bye:

pueblo47
01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I vote for ONE MORE MILE.

01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I won't be around when the voting ends tonight, but it looks as if One More Mile is on its way out, which is what I want. However, I'm going to roll the dice, and vote strategically. Now, I really don't want this song eliminated yet, but, just to even the score a bit, I am going to vote for the only song that has not received any votes so far in this game ...

I cast my vote for Secular Praise.

Wildthyme
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Well looks like I am forced to vote for Downtime this round....

pueblo47
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I merely went with the majority cuz I like One More Mile, it's got a goofy country-type sound, but the whole CD is fun and easy listening. It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Now, I really don't want this song eliminated yet, but, just to even the score a bit, I am going to vote for the only song that has not received any votes so far in this game ...

Dreamer, that's exactly what I would have done if OMM hadn't needed my vote so desperately! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I hope I made it on time. I wanted to get my vote in before I leave for work. I'd hate to see Downtime go so soon. It's a song that I thought was just "okay" at first but it's really grown on me since and now I really like it. The lyrics often get stuck in my head. So, my vote this round is for One More Mile.

GlennLover
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I vote Downtime.

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
How exciting! Down to the last minute!

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I won't be around when the voting ends tonight, but it looks as if One More Mile is on its way out, which is what I want. However, I'm going to roll the dice, and vote strategically. Now, I really don't want this song eliminated yet, but, just to even the score a bit, I am going to vote for the only song that has not received any votes so far in this game ...

I don't understand that. Why even the playing field? Maybe SP doesn't deserve any votes. I dunno, but to me, I try to vote for songs I want to go next, because I feel it deserves it. I can't imagine voting for a song I actually like. :shrug:

sodascouts
01-26-2010, 09:03 PM
The fourth song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is One More Mile. “One More Mile,” you tried your best, but the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
One More Mile - 8
Downtime - 6
Friday Night - 1
Parachute - 1
Secular Praise - 1

Vote Breakdown
One More Mile - TimothyBFan
One More Mile - cynd1231
One More Mile - timfan
One More Mile - Prettymaid
One More Mile - pueblo47
One More Mile - Peekaboo
Downtime - SodaScouts
Downtime - tbs fanatic
Downtime - GlennLover
Downtime - AzEaglesFan
Downtime - Brooke
Downtime - WildThyme
White Boy from Sacramento - Troubadour
Friday Night - Freypower
Parachute - Koala
Secular Praise - Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24
One More Mile 1/26

Songs remaining:
Parachute
Friday Night
Downtime
I Don't Mind
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

On what Expando track(s) does Timothy's son appear?

INCLUDE BOTH YOUR ANSWER AND THE SONG YOU WISH TO BE IMMUNE or it won't be counted.

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
answer White Boy for Sacramento

Immune: Downtime

Wildthyme
White Boy From Sacramento

If I am right Downtime immune

Prettymaid
white boy from sacramento

Immune Downtime

Wildthyme
01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Well at least we all think alike :lol:

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Now that's just funny! Look at the times of the replies!

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
:rofl:

sodascouts
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
OK ladies! You're all right but of course only LTL gets counted.

DOWNTIME is immune.

Round 5 begins NOW.

Freypower
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I am so glad Downtime is immune.

Now I should perhaps go with the flow and vote for I Don't Mind.

pueblo47
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't understand that. Why even the playing field? Maybe SP doesn't deserve any votes. I dunno, but to me, I try to vote for songs I want to go next, because I feel it deserves it. I can't imagine voting for a song I actually like. :shrug:

Just cuz I'm kind of weird. A "sheeple" type. I usually go with the herd cuz I hate squabbling.

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 09:14 PM

I can't speak for Dreamer, but I can tell you why I would have done the same thing. Although SP is way up near the top of my list, it is not my favorite. My favorites have already received some votes, so I need to give SP some votes in case of a tie later in the game.

If the song I want to go next is well in the lead (with the most votes) I don't want to waste my vote by voting for it, so I think ahead to what may happen later in the game. Gotta think strategically!

sodascouts
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh my gosh, I love I Don't Mind! Such a fun, laid back song. Very catchy, too.

OK, although I like this song, I don't like it as well as the others - I'm just not as big on the goofy joke songs.

I cast my vote for White Boy from Sacramento.

pueblo47
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM

timfan
01-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I cast my vote for I Don't Mind

Wildthyme
01-26-2010, 09:46 PM

I voted for Downtime last round and its one of my top 5 songs. But I was trying to protect One More Mile which is my favorite. It didn't work but I was forced into it. That's the "why" for me...

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 11:04 PM
I do understand to a point. I guess my way of thinking is that I'm going to give votes to my lower priority songs and not give any to my favorites. Although, at this point in the game, I love so many of them.

I struggled between I Don't Mind and Downtime to make immune. I chose DT because I do like it a bit more. I love Kid and Dwight backing TBS! Also, they lyrics are a bit better, IMO.

I know this is going to be unpopular, but this is the last song in the "bottom half" of my list. I doubt it will go, but this is my least favorite of the remaining songs.

I cast my vote for Parachute. (ducks low)

01-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I can't speak for Dreamer, but I can tell you why I would have done the same thing. Although SP is way up near the top of my list, it is not my favorite. My favorites have already received some votes, so I need to give SP some votes in case of a tie later in the game.

If the song I want to go next is well in the lead (with the most votes) I don't want to waste my vote by voting for it, so I think ahead to what may happen later in the game. Gotta think strategically!

You got it, PM!

That's why I try to vote near the end of each round. If my vote isn't going to affect the outcome of the round, then I use it to possibly impact the future rounds. But the bottom line is that there is no right or wrong way to vote in the game.

luvthelighthouse
01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
You got it, PM!

That's why I try to vote near the end of each round. If my vote isn't going to affect the outcome of the round, then I use it to possibly impact the future rounds. But the bottom line is that there is no right or wrong way to vote in the game.

I agree, there isn't. I was just trying to get perspective. Sorry if it came off wrong or snotty. Wasn't meant too... promise!

Koala
01-27-2010, 01:58 AM
wow, I can't believe that One More Mile is eliminated so early, it was for me one of the favorites!
I cast my vote for Parachute!

AzEaglesFan
01-27-2010, 04:46 AM
I vote for White Boy from Sacramento

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 08:32 AM
First thing first--All you White Boy & Parachute haters/voters http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/4.gif what are you thinking?

Second thing-The whole immune question thing this time just cracked me up. I would of made the same song immune. :thumbsup:

Ok-Now it's getting HARD!!! I'm sure others will disagree with me this time but I really do like IDM a bit more than the song I'm voting for this round. That tuba gets me every time! What a novel idea now days!

I vote for A Good Day.

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
I do understand to a point. I guess my way of thinking is that I'm going to give votes to my lower priority songs and not give any to my favorites.

First of all LTL, you are not coming across as "wrong or snotty". This has come up in other Survivor games, and as Dreamer said, there's no wrong way to vote.

But face it - at some point all of these songs are going to get voted off (except one!) - even our very favorites. So if I know for sure that my vote is not going to help the cause this round (the song I want to go this round has enough votes without mine) I'm going to think ahead and throw a vote toward a future nemesis! ;-)

And TBF, you Missy - you have the decency to point out to the White Boy/Parachute voters the evil of their ways, and then you turn around and vote for AGD? What are you thinking? :lol:
(Actually, your vote doesn't surprise me. AGD is the most country song on the album and I know how you feel about country music). ;-)

I will withhold my vote for now.

eaglesvet
01-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Ditto Willie's post and save me time typing...I vote A Good Day.
(ETA: Whoops, except the part about the immunity song...that would've gotten my vote otherwise.)

Peekaboo
01-27-2010, 09:17 AM
PM, LTL, and WT, you ladies gave me a good laugh this morning with the immunity question.:hilarious: Thanks for that.

This is all much harder than I thought it would be and I know that it isn't going to get any easier. I still can't vote for Downtime yet and I really like WBFS. White Boy is such a fun song and I love the fact that Tim's voice is different in it. Also, the lyrics always give me a good chuckle everytime I hear it. I'm going to vote for I Don't Mind. I've said before that I like this song but it's the tuba that I don't particulary care for.

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 09:45 AM
And TBF, you Missy - you have the decency to point out to the White Boy/Parachute voters the evil of their ways, and then you turn around and vote for AGD? ;-)

Whew--the way that started out, I was afraid you were going to remind me of how I messed up in a certain Joe Survivor game a long time ago. :lol: I was telling my niece about that the other day when she was reading something in my Listography book. Help Me Through The Night is her favorite song and I told her how I reallized the error I had made voting it off. Oops!

I've said before that I like this song but it's the tuba that I don't particulary care for.

Isn't that funny because in my vote this morning I said the opposite..."That tuba gets me every time! What a novel idea now days". See how people can see a song in totally different ways? Funny!

ltlh---You're not alone the way you vote--I do it the exact same way every game we play. The first time I played a Survivor Game here I thought I was freaking out thinking I was doing something wrong by voting from the heart till others explained their strategy. I now understand but still vote like I always did--with my heart!

sodascouts
01-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Help Me Through The Night is her favorite song and I told her how I reallized the error I had made voting it off. Oops!

I had blocked out that painful moment from Joe's Survivor!

Voting from the heart is great and I do so most of the time, but sometimes you need to form a coalition to save your fave song or consider future tie-breakers.

I think the difference is that strategic voters are thinking of ensuring that their fave song wins the entire game and are willing to do what it takes to help make that happen. Voters who never vote strategically aren't concerned with helping a song win the game in the long-term; they're in the "now." As others have said, both are equally legitimate.

cynd1231
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
This is where it begins to get REALLY tough for me to vote because the remaining songs are among my favorites on the CD. Must say I'm surprised to see Parachute showing up in this round already...it's one of my absolute favorites, but to each his own. Looking over the songs still alive I've narrowed it down to my two least favorite and had to flip a coin. I cast my vote for:

I DON'T MIND

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 10:20 AM
As far as I Don't Mind - it's okay but compared to the other songs I don't like the tuba or the overall Ooompa-oompa vibe. But I certainly don't knock him for doing it. It's just not my thing.

BTW, I'm still not ready to cast my vote.

And Willie, didja have to bring up the HMTTN incident? :ack:

eaglesvet
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
That must have been before my time...I don't remember it. It has obviously lived in on infamy.

sodascouts
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
It was a month before you joined, ev. It was a close round and TBF's vote made a big difference as, if the songs had been tied, HMTTN would have stayed. To be fair, though, there were six other people to blame for its demise! It's just TBF has admitted she shouldn't have done it. ;)

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39520&postcount=240

Oh my gosh, how I love that song. Forgive my brief departure from Expando, just for a moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqW_e7zqwHQ

tbs fanatic
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM
My vote goes to I Don't Mind.

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
It's just TBF has admitted she shouldn't have done it. ;)

Ain't it the truth!! :blush: (hanging head in shame). That song has so grown on me!! I now love it and listen to it often.

I consider it a learning experience (see the things this board to teach someone!) and am ready to move on and put it all behind me! :lol:

luvthelighthouse
01-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I know PM said she hoped we would explain our answers. For many, I know Parachute is a surprise, so I’ll try to explain. Remember that interview Glenn gave were he talks about setting a scene? “Rollin’ down the road”, “A dark desert highway” ”I’m lying in bed” “Somewhere out on that horizon” “rushing down that freeway” …

To me, I do not like the imagery of how the song begins. “in the steel grey sky”. Again, to me, that is depressing. I don’t want to be reminded of yet another gloomy day. It sets a downward vibe for me right out of the gate. Overall, it’s not a bad song. If I heard it on the radio, I probably wouldn’t change the station. However, knowing I have it on CD, I almost always skip it. So, for those that were curious as to how some could vote for Parachute… that’s my reasoning.

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
That's very interesting LTL. Thanks for explaining. Where you get a negative vibe from his descriptive lyrics, I think, "Wow, he does a really good job of setting the scene."
And this is one of those songs where I just like the music more than the lyrics anyway, but boy, that is some good music, IMO.

Soda, thanks for the brief pause in the game to enjoy HMTTN. It popped up on my ipod the other day and the beginning bass gets me every time, followed by the sweet piano intro. Love it!

GlennLover
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
You're right everyone, this is difficult. I still can't decide. I'll just have to listen again! ;-)

Wildthyme
01-27-2010, 11:49 PM
It was a month before you joined, ev. It was a close round and TBF's vote made a big difference as, if the songs had been tied, HMTTN would have stayed. To be fair, though, there were six other people to blame for its demise! It's just TBF has admitted she shouldn't have done it. ;)

Well I freely admit now I never should have voted for it that round either. At the time is seemed like the right choice by the end of the game I truly regretted that vote. :blush: These days HMTTN is probably my favorite Joe song.

Koala
01-28-2010, 01:58 AM
First thing first--All you White Boy & Parachute haters/voters http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/4.gif what are you thinking?

first of all I love Parachute!
I chose Parachute, because I had completely no idea which song should be ruled out and I was very sure the parachute does not voted out!

TimothyBFan
01-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Something came to me in the shower this morning (where you do your best thinking :headscratch:). Remember everyone that Parachute is the song Timothy told us in Chicago they were trying to get played on the radio. As far as I know, it hasn't really happened over here but as I posted earlier in the week about that station in the UK that has added it to their drive time playlist.

Don't know if that will make any difference to anyone's vote but I have to try anything -right? :grin:

Brooke
01-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Wow, this is really tough for me. I've listened and listened. I really like all the remaining songs. I went back and read my review and still feel the same. :confused: Downtime would have been next for me, but since it's immune:

I'm one that really loves the tuba in IDM. It's just cracks me up, so how can you vote against it? I love the whole song!

I can't vote against Parachute. Tim wants it played on the radio and it's got that amazing guitar. Plus I think the Eagles could be awesome on it.

WB is just so different for Tim, it just has to stay around a little longer. I really like the fact that he went out there with this one.

There you have it. I really like A Good Day, but something has to go and the rest are beyond voting against.

I vote for A Good Day.

Wildthyme
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
My elimination vote this round is for I Don't Mind...

GlennLover
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry TBF & Brooke, it was a tough choice but :worried:

I cast my vote for Parachute.

(Too sick today to take the time to explain why I chose it)

luvthelighthouse
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
This game sure is interesting. So many answers all over the place! Some songs getting votes that I would never have dreamed of!!! Sadly, I won't be around at closing tonight... so I hope whoever gets that immunity question right picks a good song to keep safe. I'm shocked there aren't any votes for Friday Night this round! Don't get me wrong, I love it... I'm only stating my surprise.

Freypower
01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
This game sure is interesting. So many answers all over the place! Some songs getting votes that I would never have dreamed of!!! Sadly, I won't be around at closing tonight... so I hope whoever gets that immunity question right picks a good song to keep safe. I'm shocked there aren't any votes for Friday Night this round! Don't get me wrong, I love it... I'm only stating my surprise.

I would have voted for Friday Night again, but I thought it would be more 'practical' to vote for I Don't Mind once it was no longer immune, as it had previously received votes. So far I am the only person who has voted for Friday Night in any round. It seemed more logical to wait. The song is obviously extremely popular with most people and I don't dislike it, but it isn't really my type of song.

Peekaboo
01-28-2010, 07:30 PM
As far as I Don't Mind - it's okay but compared to the other songs I don't like the tuba or the overall Ooompa-oompa vibe. But I certainly don't knock him for doing it. It's just not my thing.

My thoughts exactly, PM. I just don't feel the tuba on this song at all.

I'm also really surprised about the votes for Parachute this early in the game. Honostely, I liked Friday Night more than Parachute when I first heard them. But now, my feelings have changed. I still like FN but Parachute has grown on me so much and it is now one of my top 2 faves on the album.

sodascouts
01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Put me on the "I like the tuba" team. So fun!

GlennLover
01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Put me on the "I like the tuba" team. So fun!

Me too!

01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Well - I also like the tuba in I Don't Mind, but it's not enough to save it. However, it doesn't look like it needs my vote to eliminate it, so I'm going to vote strategically again.

sodascouts
01-28-2010, 09:01 PM
The fifth song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is I Don't Mind. “I Don't Mind,” the tribe has spoken, and you were unable to avoid the impending doom. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Don't Mind - 6
White Boy from Sacramento - 3
Parachute - 3
A Good Day - 3
Secular Praise - 1

Vote Breakdown
I Don't Mind - Freypower
I Don't Mind - timfan
I Don't Mind - Peekaboo
I Don't Mind - cynd1231
I Don't Mind - tbs fanatic
I Don't Mind - WildThyme
White Boy from Sacramento - sodascouts
White Boy from Sacramento - pueblo47
White Boy from Sacramento - AzEaglesFan
Parachute - luvthelighthouse
Parachute - Koala
Parachute - GlennLover
A Good Day - TimothyBFan
A Good Day - eaglesvet
A Good Day - Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24
One More Mile 1/26
I Don't Mind 1/28

Songs remaining:
Parachute
Friday Night
Downtime
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

How many songs on Expando were not written solely by Tim?

timfan
01-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Zero

If I am correct I woul like White boy from Sacramento immune

sodascouts
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
That's right!

WHITE BOY FROM SACRAMENTO is immune.

Round 6 begins NOW!

Freypower
01-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Looks like I am first to vote again, and I return to Friday Night.

sodascouts
01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
And now that it's not immune....

eaglesvet
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
It's time for Downtime.

cynd1231
01-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I have to cast my vote for A Good Day...sorry, but I really love the image that pops into my head when I hear Timmy singing 'jump into my car and head down to the ocean'.

Freypower
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Further to that - I have been avoiding making comments on Downtime. I thought Tim fans would relish the chance to hear him sing something so 'gritty' and uptempo, nothing like the type of track you might expect from him.

Personally I love the guitar work, the way he sings it and I really get a kick out of the lyrics. I have been in that place he describes so often. I find the song very uplifting.

cynd1231
01-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Ditto that, FP...I suspect we ALL have those days when we 'need a little downtime'! I can certainly identify with the lyrics and the chorus is rather catchy. I think it's actually the most 'jazzy' sort of song we've ever heard from Tim and I think the style suits him.

TimothyBFan
01-29-2010, 08:31 AM
So far so good--I've hung in pretty well and I think it's because no surprises for me yet-they are falling exactly as I had on my list.

I'm one that really loves Downtime. Everything about it is great. It's not at the very top of my list but I don't think it's time to go yet.

To be honest, the first time I heard the beginning of A Good Day on the cd (but not live for some reason) I went, oh boy- a little bit country and you all know what that means to me! YIKES--but since then it has grown on me a bit because of the lyrics I believe. But the country twang to it....

I vote for A GOOD DAY.

luvthelighthouse
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
So far so good--

First you quote it, then you vote it off... tsk, tsk! I think I am to Parachute as you are to A Good Day. I love AGD. I mean, those lyrics!!! How do you not love it for the lyrics alone?

Brooke
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Time for Downtime to go for me. I love it, but something has to go. :shrug:

TimothyBFan
01-29-2010, 11:22 AM
First you quote it, then you vote it off... tsk, tsk! I think I am to Parachute as you are to A Good Day. I love AGD. I mean, those lyrics!!! How do you not love it for the lyrics alone?

Read what I put about the lyrics....

To be honest, the first time I heard the beginning of A Good Day on the cd (but not live for some reason) I went, oh boy- a little bit country and you all know what that means to me! YIKES--but since then it has grown on me a bit because of the lyrics I believe. But the country twang to it....

It's the twang I don't care much for. Out of the songs remaining it's the one I feel I like least.

And yes, I was aware I was quoting it. ;)

01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
As far as Downtime, I love half of the song, while the other half is just okay. I think the chorus is so much better than the verses that they don't seem to go together, making the song rather 'disjointed' to me. Anyway, overall it is a good song, but the others remaining are better, IMO. When I'm ready to vote this round, I will vote for it if necessary.

luvthelighthouse
01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I just looked over the remaining songs.:grooving: I have the top 3 I love and the bottom 3. It's so hard to call them bottom 3, because one of them is Downtime, which is actually one of my favorite songs! This game would be easier if the CD sucked. :rofl:

After careful consideration, the song I like least is the one I feel I must vote for: Parachute

Although I know some think WBFS is silly, I don't. I think it's fun. It would be silly if it were made up... but it's autobiographical. Downtime has the awesome chorus. FN is playful and romantic. Secular Praise is soul searching and AGD is uplifting. Sorry Parachute, but you kinda depress me.

tbs fanatic
01-29-2010, 01:00 PM
My vote goes to Downtime.

timfan
01-29-2010, 05:00 PM
I vote for A Good Day

cynd1231
01-30-2010, 02:02 AM
I may have to refrain from voting anymore because all the songs that are left after this round are the ones I enjoy the most. :worried:

Prettymaid
01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
:-( I wasn't able to vote last round because my computer suddenly quit working and I had to take it in to be repaired. That's the second time in this game I've not gotten to vote because I was waiting until near the end of the round to vote - the first time I just forgot! :-x So I'm going to vote now to avoid any risks!

Since IDM was voted off last round I can finally say that all of my "bottom third" songs are gone. Now for the middle of the list...

This is very difficult because I like both Downtime and A Good Day almost equally. I've already said what I think of Downtime - I like the chorus more than the verses. These are my notes for AGD:

------------------------------------------
Love the harmonica, love the vocals, love the sentiment. I almost wish he would have had Kid and Dwight sing background on this one too.

Love the part, “we’ll make love ‘til we can’t see straight, then we’ll rest our eyes.”

How many times can I use the word “love” in one post?

-----------------------------------------------------------

That seals it. I cast my vote for Downtime.

Koala
01-30-2010, 01:33 PM
It is really difficult to choose a song, I believe no other Survivor Game was so difficult,
with all other Survivor I knew, actually, always who I wanted to vote out! This time not!
Ok, I cast my vote for A Good Day !

Wildthyme
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
This has been a very challenging game of survivor. Once again I am forced to vote for a song I love to try to protect a song I love even more. Somehow it just seems so wrong... Why oh why does this whole album have to be so good? :lol:

I vote for Downtime...

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Dang, this is gonna be close!

01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
First of all, I agree that this is getting really hard because the remaining songs are all so good. But cynd (and anyone else who may be struggling), hang in here and keep on playing until the end. Just because only one song will win this game doesn't mean the others aren't good too. I mean, heck, we are almost down to the Top 5, so they are all awesome. :thumbsup:

Now, since it looks like Downtime will be eliminated without my vote this time, I will once again vote strategically ...

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
The sixth song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is Downtime. “Downtime,” I think you better get out of town. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Downtime - 6
A Good Day - 4
Friday Night - 1
Parachute - 1
Secular Praise - 1

Vote Breakdown
Downtime - sodascouts
Downtime - eaglesvet
Downtime - Brooke
Downtime - tbs fanatic
Downtime - Prettymaid
Downtime - Wildthyme
A Good Day - cynd1231
A Good Day - TimothyBFan
A Good Day - timfan
A Good Day - Koala
Friday Night - Freypower
Parachute - luvthelighthouse

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24
One More Mile 1/26
I Don't Mind 1/28
Downtime 1/30

Songs remaining:
Parachute
Friday Night
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 7 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

What Eagles song is alluded to in "White Boy from Sacramento"?

TimothyBFan
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

Parachute immune

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
That's right!

PARACHUTE is immune.

Round 7 beings NOW!

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, this is an easy one for me. For reasons already stated....

I cast my vote for White Boy from Sacramento.

TimothyBFan
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
It's time for A Good Day to go. Sorry!

pueblo47
01-30-2010, 09:14 PM
I vote for White Boy From Sacramento

01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
For those of you who want to save White Boy From Sacramento, it's time to form a coalition by voting for A Good Day. They are both awesome songs, but I favor the clever, uptempo, bluesy song more than the country-twinged one. I will wait to see if the coalition works before voting, but I urge everyone to ...

Save WBFS - vote for A Good Day!!!

timfan
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I vote for A Good Day to be the next song eliminated

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
A Good Day makes me smile, especially when I have not had one! WBFS is cute and all, and I like it, but I LOVE A Good Day.

eaglesvet
01-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Now it is tough to choose. I think I finally have to go back to the drawing board, as they say, and have another discerning listen to rank the remaining songs. Hope I make it back in enough time to vote...

luvthelighthouse
01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
SAVE A GOOD DAY!!!

Vote for White Boy from Sacramento!

Listen, I love BWFS, but A Good Day... Wow! Timothy said he chose to end the album with A Good Day, because he wanted to leave it on a high note and good feeling... and who doesn't want to have a good day?

Some make a wish and some like to pray, but everyone just wants to have a good day...

sodascouts
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
And LTL, remember how in Chicago everybody shouted along with him "HAVE A GOOD DAY"! He seemed to love that and it was a great moment.

cynd1231
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
As much as I love the 'fun feel' of what Timmy himself refers to as "tongue-in-cheek" I'm afraid this time around I have to vote for WHITE BOY FROM SACRAMENTO

Prettymaid
01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
These are my notes for White Boy From Sacramento
-----------------------------------------------------

I think others here like this song more than I do. Although I love the boogy woogy feel of it, I consider it a parody and therefore difficult to put in the same category as the better songs on the album. I do like it though.
-----------------------------------------------------

I wish I could wait and vote later, but given my record this game I don't dare! :hilarious:
I cast my vote for White Boy From Sacramento.

Freypower
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM

luvthelighthouse
01-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Is today the vote day or tomorrow... Oh no

Crud... I don't think WBFS needs me, but I may be shooting myself in the foot.

I vote for Friday Night.

luvthelighthouse
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
I cannot believe what I just did!!! I thought tonight was results night. In a panic, I picked Friday Night... Oh no! What will tomorrow hold? I can't believe I just did that. See, this is why I shouldn't vote any way but from the heart. I should've just voted for WB, but no... dang, dang, dang!!! :brickwall:

Koala
02-01-2010, 02:08 AM
I cast my vote for A Good Day

Wildthyme
02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
This is an easy vote for me. While I find it a fun song I think it has gone as far as it should in this game. My vote this round is for White Boy From Sacramento...

Prettymaid
02-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I cannot believe what I just did!!! I thought tonight was results night. In a panic, I picked Friday Night... Oh no! What will tomorrow hold? I can't believe I just did that. See, this is why I shouldn't vote any way but from the heart. I should've just voted for WB, but no... dang, dang, dang!!! :brickwall:

I couldn't believe my eyes - a strategic vote from LTL? :hilarious:
Don't worry about it too much. Everything will work out.

LTL, if you get confused as to which day is voting day (I know I do!) just look at the bottom of Soda's first post of the game where she has the dates of the songs eliminated so far.

luvthelighthouse
02-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I couldn't believe my eyes - a strategic vote from LTL? .

So much for strategy... I think I probably shot myself in the foot. When I looked at the clock last night, I said, "oh no, I only six minutes to vote. pick something" - Good grief... if AGD goes this round by only one vote, I'm going to have to smack myself!

eaglesvet
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
A tough call, but I took another listen, and my vote goes to

A White Boy From Sacramento.

Brooke
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm going with White Boy From Sacramento, too.

02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Well - it looks like there is no way to save WBFS this time, so I will vote strategically again. I accomplished what I wanted to do by voting for Secular Praise the last few rounds, but now it's time to really get serious! :wink:

I cast my vote for Friday Night.

sodascouts
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
The seventh song to be eliminated from Expando Survivor is White Boy from Sacramento. “White Boy from Sacramento,” ride your red bike straight on home. It's time for you to leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
White Boy from Sacramento - 8
A Good Day - 3
Friday Night - 2

Vote Breakdown
White Boy from Sacramento - sodascouts
White Boy from Sacramento - pueblo47
White Boy from Sacramento - cynd1231
White Boy from Sacramento - Prettymaid
White Boy from Sacramento - Freypower
White Boy from Sacramento - Wildthyme
White Boy from Sacramento - eaglesvet
White Boy from Sacramento - Brooke
A Good Day - TimothyBFan
A Good Day - timfan
A Good Day - Koala
Friday Night - luvthelighthouse
Friday Night - Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Ella Jean 1/20
Compassion 1/22
Melancholy 1/24
One More Mile 1/26
I Don't Mind 1/28
Downtime 1/30
White Boy from Sacramento 2/01

Songs remaining:
Parachute
Friday Night
Secular Praise
A Good Day

Voting for round 8 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

What art director worked on not only on Expando, but also on the Eagles LP, Desperado, On the Border, and One of These Nights?

Freypower
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Gary Burden

If correct, Parachute immune please.

sodascouts
02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
You got it - our last immunity question this game.

PARACHUTE is immune.

Round 8 starts NOW!

Freypower
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
And now I can safely return to voting for Friday Night.

sodascouts
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
This is hard, but I'm gonna have to go for Secular Praise. It's lovely but I enjoy listening to the others more. A Good Day makes me happy and Friday Night is really catchy.

luvthelighthouse
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I forgot to check in at immunity time. I had a feeling Parachute would be protected, much to my dismay. I don't know who to vote for. This is too hard. I'll have to think it over. Friday Night makes me want to paint my lips red... but Secular Praise is so very moving...

cynd1231
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Decisions...decisions...decisions....getting harding by the minute. Think I have to sleep on this one. See you tomorrow...........:confused::depressed::nausea::w eep::worried::sad:

TimothyBFan
02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
I had a feeling Parachute would be protected, much to my dismay.

Really? :headscratch: I'm actually very surprised it's gotten as many votes as it has already. But that's JMHO.

Thanks FP-you and I seem to be on the same page this game for the most part-except FN.

Gee--thanks everyone for voting WB off--you messed up my list! :hilarious: It had been going just the way I planned--till then!

Staying with what I wanted last round--same reason.

I vote for A Good Day.

eaglesvet
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
My last easy decision, then it's back to the drawing board, so to say. I vote for A Good Day.

Koala
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I cast my vote for A Good Day.

UK TimFan
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
After having been minus the internet for eight days:weep: :enraged: :cuss: :censored: I'm quickly going to vote while I have a connection (I'm told I could lose it any time, so I'm to 'do the important things first'. :) )

I vote to eliminate 'A good day'.

luvthelighthouse
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm getting a little ticked at all this good day voting! :worried: If only I had been on here last night to make it immune (instead of napping), we could have taken down Parachute. Oh how I hate that it's protected (shakes fist)...

Freypower
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
:eyebrow:

LTL, I'm sorry, but while I like A Good Day, I bore in mind that Parachute had already received several votes, and I did not believe it deserved to be eliminated just yet. A couple of my favourites (including my overall favourite) have already been eliminated. Perhaps I should not have answered the question, not being a 'real' Tim fan but my vote is as valid as anyone else's.

Perhaps you will have your wish and it will go next round, as there are no more immunity questions.

timfan
02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I cast my vote for "A Good Day" as I do feel it is the weakest of the remaining songs... (including Parachute) JMHO

cynd1231
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I could swear I posted my vote earlier today but I don't see it so I'm going to put it up again........

A GOOD DAY

luvthelighthouse
02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
OMG, I can't believe this! I seriously want to throw down and have a tantrum!!! :cuss: This breaks my heart... how is a girl to carry on? :sigh:

I'm voting for FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

TimothyBFan
02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Easy there ltlh--it's a game!! :hilarious: My second favorite got eliminated last round but that's just the way it is. :brickwall:

Perhaps I should not have answered the question, not being a 'real' Tim fan

RIDICULOUS!!! Everyone here has a right to answer an immunity question in EVERY Survivor game. Some people just take it a bit to serious me thinks. Some a little more competative than others. :wink: We all feel strongly about "our" favorites but it is all in fun really-right?

I will say this to anyone who doesn't think Parachute should still be around----Remember, this one must be near and dear to Timothy's heart and he and "his people" deemed it worthy of radio play (even tho I don't believe any of us have heard it on the radio). It is the one that they were going to try to throw out there on the airwaves. If it's good enough for Timothy--it's most certainly good enough for this long time Timothy fan!

Sure easy for me to say---it's my favorite. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Since it appears that AGD is leaving without my help, I will vote strategically. This is getting hard - here's the notes I took for the song I'm voting off:
----------------------------------
Beautiful vocals, stirring lyrics. The meeting with The Blind Boys of Alabama was a heavenly intervention. They complete this song.
------------------------------------

tbs fanatic
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Dang it, I missed the last round :-x. Okay, I vote for :computer: A GOOD DAY.