PDA

View Full Version : The Great Toilet Paper Poll!

Brooke
01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I wonder if Don has voted? :laugh:

http://www.toiletpaperpoll.com/

Ive always been a dreamer
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Well - I certainly hope he did, Brooke. Don and I would never see eye to eye on this though, cause for me it definitely should be UNDER! Now, I can't wait for the next poll - Do you leave the cap on or off the freakin' toothpaste??? :lol:

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm with Don. Over looks nicer, IMHO. More importantly, when you tug on the sheet of a roll that's over, the angle of your pull makes the roll rotate more slowly and smoothly; it renders the spin easier to control. The sheet is less likely to bunch up or (God forbid) hit and drag on the floor as a result of an inadvertently too-hard tug when you're tearing it. Finally, it's easier to unroll from a standing position - less of a distance to reach.

I guess Don isn't the only one who's given this issue too much thought. ;)

Peekaboo
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
:hilarious: This just cracks me up!! I had forgotten about Don and the infamous toilet paper letter.

I voted for over. I will change the toilet paper to over anywhere I see it placed (imo) the wrong way. Growing up, my brother would deliberately put the toilet paper going under just to bug me...and it worked. One of the many ways he would tease me when we were kids.

Wildthyme
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Well - I certainly hope he did, Brooke. Don and I would never see eye to eye on this though, cause for me it definitely should be UNDER! Now, I can't wait for the next poll - Do you leave the cap on or off the freakin' toothpaste??? :lol:

No no no, the toilet paper roll must be OVER - easier access to the paper end, smoother rolling - its an aesthetics thing :lol:

Eww I can not imagine leaving the cap off - that's just inviting germs and dust and nasty bits of hair and gunk to get caught on the sticky end. :fear: Of course this does bring up the question of do you squeeze the tube from the end or from the middle? That is a battle that has been fought for generations in bathrooms all over the world....

Brooke
01-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll have to agree with Don on this one, too. The paper MUST come over the top. It's easier to get a hold of that way. And, as Don said, the pretty flowers show up best that way, so it must be the right way. :thumbsup:

Oh my, Dreamer! We must not have been twins separated at birth after all. This is the second thing today we've disagreed on! :shock:

This is one thing my hubby and I agree on. Just found that out within the last year or so. After 35 years together!

WT, I squeeze my toothpaste tube in the middle until it gets close to empty then I push it all to the top. Don't want to waste any! And I always put the cap back on! :lol:

Peekaboo
01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
WT, I squeeze my toothpaste tube in the middle until it gets close to empty then I push it all to the top. Don't want to waste any! And I always put the cap back on! :lol:

Me too. I've got a nifty little contraption that I put the end of the tube into and it rolls up in it and pushes all the extra toothpaste to the top. And the cap must be put back on.

MikeA
01-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Most every roll of toilet paper I've seen has been rolled backwards. So, I generally re-roll it to a fresh empty roll. It makes it fluffier when you do that too and we do need to be pampered. It does take time though, however what else do you have to do when you are in the vicinity of toilet paper? Crosswords?

TimothyBFan
01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
You guys are to funny!!!

I'm an over the top kinda gal also! I just showed this to Larry and he said he was always a under -till he met me and figured out no matter how many times he put in under, I was going to switch it back anyways. :hilarious:

And Peek--I'm like you-I don't care where I am, I will switch it to over all the time.

Prettymaid
01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Most every roll of toilet paper I've seen has been rolled backwards. So, I generally re-roll it to a fresh empty roll. It makes it fluffier when you do that too and we do need to be pampered. It does take time though, however what else do you have to do when you are in the vicinity of toilet paper? Crosswords?

:eyebrow: Mike, sometimes I just don't know about you... :hilarious:

The TP's got to go over - easier to grab. Cap always goes back on the tube. And I've got a spouse who agrees with me! We even agree that the toilet seat should stay closed! :yay:

Freypower
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Over for toilet paper. If it has a nice design (which it always does in my house) I want to see it, even though the designs have been the same for years.

We use separate toothpaste in our house (all three of us). Mike has sensitive teeth so he uses the special type. The caps are firmly ON. It is squeezed from the end (I just taught Rosalind how to do that). One thing, however - Mike doesn't leave the toilet seat up, but he insists the bathroom door (we have an ensuite) should be closed.

GlennLover
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Too, too funny! I saw an ad for the toilet paper poll the other night & immediately thought about Don's essay. :hilarious:

I used to put the roll on so the end was under the roll before I was married, but my husband kept changing it so I finally gave in & did it his way. I figured it wasn't a big enough issue to argue about :). I now agree that it is better that way. I got my way on other things ;-).

We both always put the cap on the toothpaste, but I squeeze from the bottom & Harold squeezes from the middle. This bugged me & if I used it after him I always squeezed the paste that got displaced into the bottom of the tube, back towards the top. I could tell he squeezed in the middle because the metal tube maintained the shape of where it was squeezed. It doesn't matter much now as most of the tubes are plastic & go back to their original shape after being squeezed.

Where else but on "The Border" can we have such meaningful discussions? :laugh:

Peekaboo
01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Is it weird that I think back to this thread when i change out the tp or when I brush my teeth? :eyebrow:

GlennLover
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Is it weird that I think back to this thread when i change out the tp or when I brush my teeth? :eyebrow:

LOL, not at all! I do too.

Peekaboo
01-22-2010, 07:27 PM
LOL, not at all! I do too.

WHEW!!! Good to know that i'm not the only one. ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2010, 06:44 PM
We tend to go for 'under' because the kids waste less that way. 'Over' seems to run away with them. If we can FIND the cap of the toothpaste we are doing well these days.

Now what about another poll........ one that hubby and I NEVER agree on.....

'Should the toilet seat be left permanently 'up' or 'down' ?' At home when I was a kid because we were a predominantly female family it was always left down even by the menfolk. However here equality seems to rule.

Should men as a matter of ettiquette always leave the seat down......?

IMHO definitely.... :D

MikeA
01-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Toilet seat up or down? More important for anyone employing one of those facilities should CHECK! A was to encourage that is to spread Sarran Wrap across the top and go ahead and lower the seat! Most people will tend to check after that.

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Not as bad as the time a friend of mine who was a manager in McDonalds had to contend with a situation where a customer put Superglue on the seat in the mens room. Shortly after a guy sat down and......literally.... couldn't get up again. They had to send for an ambulance and bring him to Hospital to have it removed.

This ACTUALLY HAPPENED.......

MikeA
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Now THAT's just STUPID GAN! Not YOU of course. But that's a very dangerous prank. Maybe they should find the perpetrator and superglue him to an ant hill for the same length of time it took to disengage the victim? Make it Fire Ants!

AzEaglesFan
01-24-2010, 03:35 AM
The superglue on the toliet seat is more than a prank, it is a dangerous and a vicious attack on a person. But that said, it does make me wonder who had to pay the medical bills for the poor man.

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Well it happened about 20 years ago. I think McDonalds footed the bill. I would imagine they did. It would have been very difficult to catch the perpretator as its illegal to install CCTV in a cubicle in the toilets :lol: