April 27: Sacramento, CA
Venue: Arco Arena

Tickets go on sale Feb. 8!

ticky
01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!:thud:

Wildthyme
01-27-2010, 12:00 AM
FINALLY!!! Woo hoo. I will be going to this one for sure.

nnhgirl
01-27-2010, 12:17 AM
If they don't have Timothy do "White Boy" at this show, well, I just won't understand.

Freypower
01-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Good luck with that, nnhgirl. I sympathise. Unfortunately, for Tim to be allowed to sing WBFS, the setlist would have to be changed. Also the song would have to be rehearsed.

For the record I think Downtime would be a good song for the Eagles to play too. Just a comment. :-(

Wildthyme
01-27-2010, 03:03 AM
For the record I think Downtime would be a good song for the Eagles to play too. Just a comment. :-(

I could see that. Personally I think that Secular Praise would be another candidate.

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Good question---Do you think the Eagles would ever add a Timothy solo song to the set? Somehow I really doubt it but I would LOVE to be proven wrong!

eaglesvet
01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!:thud:

Rhonda...so quiet after your loooooooong wait?!?

I'm so happy for you!!

I never actually thought about your going to a Cali. show...I always had assumed you'd be seeing them in the only rainforest in the Northern Hemisphere. How far is Sacramento from you anyway?

eaglesvet
01-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I could see that. Personally I think that Secular Praise would be another candidate.
Secular Praise would be an awesome one for them to do (as would WBFS for a Timmy solo, especially for the Cali shows.) Cami, you and Rhonda must be doin' a bit of your own secular praise 'bout now, right?

Troubadour
01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Jess and I are now planning this road trip like crazy. It's so exciting to finally have dates to work with.

Providing all goes well - see you guys in Sacramento! :yay:

(Rhonda and Cami - SO thrilled for you!)

Peekaboo
01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Rhonda and Cami, this is what you girls have been anxiously waiting for. I'm incredibly happy that you girls finally get to see the guys. It's going to be well worth the wait.

Me and Lou have been patiently waiting for more Cali dates to be announced (this Sacramento date inparticular). We've been talking about a road trip for months now and it's so exciting that it's finally going to be happening. I can't wait! Hope to see other Borderers at this show.

sodascouts
01-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I will do Sac if at all possible!

And if the Eagles do a Tim solo song, they should do Parachute. But 'tis doubtful!

Maybe Tim could do a line from WBFS during band intros - that would fit perfectly and wouldn't require any setlist changes. Besides, they've done that elsewhere, like Don singing "Chicago is my kind of town..." etc.

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Maybe Tim could do a line from WBFS during band intros - that would fit perfectly and wouldn't require any setlist changes. Besides, they've done that elsewhere, like Don singing "Chicago is my kind of town..." etc.

Soda! Now you've got your thinking cap on! Great idea!

cynd1231
01-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Timmy performing WB at the Sac show would be a fitting change to the set list but........

no matter how hard I try, I simply canNOT envision the other guys singing the girls' parts at the end of the song (ROTFLMAO!!!!). I think Secular Praise offers the best harmonies for them but it's time for Tim to take center stage with the band on something more upbeat and I think Parachute would be AWESOME! In fact, I think they could bring the house down with that one....

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 10:23 AM
No doubt, I think Parachute would get a roaring reception!

TimothyBFan
01-27-2010, 10:28 AM
And can you imagine Joe doing the guitar solo that Kenny Wayne does on the cd? :rockguitar:

Prettymaid
01-27-2010, 10:58 AM
And can you imagine Joe doing the guitar solo that Kenny Wayne does on the cd? :rockguitar:

:yay::yay::yay: :nod:

eaglesvet
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
That would be awesome...let's hope that someone gets word of this to our boys! And I am soooo jealous that it sounds like another Borderer get-together that I am in NO WAY going to be able to saunter on into...BOO HOO!!:sad::cry: Just a bit too far, and at the wrong time of the year...

tbs fanatic
01-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm green with envy - have fun. Hey, maybe you guys can all start chanting for one of Tim's songs at the concert 'Parachute, Parachute..' - you get the idea. LOL - wouldn't that be hysterical if you did :lol:.

Brooke
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm so happy for all of you that are planning to go to this show! What fun! :yay:

Soda, great idea on Tim doing a line from WBFS during his intro. And I'd vote for Parachute for the band to do. Awesome! :nod:

Eagles-can you hear us?

Troubadour
01-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Parachute would be incredible, live with the Eagles. I bet they'd have fun doing it.

Stars
01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I am also so happy for the Borderers who are going to this concert!:yay: I cannot wait to read all your reviews, and see the photos too!!:D

Wildthyme
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
EV - Sacramento is about 4 hours south of me. Rhonda lives about 5 hours north of me and so (I assume) she will drive down to my house then we will head south to Sac together. Or something like that

I am headed up north for a visit in a couple weeks so I am sure some plotting and planning will be happening :lol:

Molly
01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Hmmmm....April 27th is my birthday!

Freypower
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Secular Praise would be an awesome one for them to do (as would WBFS for a Timmy solo, especially for the Cali shows.) Cami, you and Rhonda must be doin' a bit of your own secular praise 'bout now, right?

I don't quite know how to say this but Secular Praise was specifically writen for the harmonies to be sung by black singers (Blind Boys of Alabama) and no matter how great the Eagles are at harmonising it would not have the same 'feel'.

I think Parachute or Downtime would be good. However we have to bear in mind that no songs from Inside Job were ever sung with the Eagles (that was the last solo album that preceded an Eagles tour) and I think it's extremely unlikely that such an event would occur. I think wholesale changes should be made to the setlist and a Tim solo song would be the first thing I would suggest. Experience, however, tells me that there will be no changes at all.

nnhgirl
01-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Trust me, you guys, I do understand that there is about a snowball's chance in hell freezing over that we would hear WBFS in Sacremento. Heaven forbid they mess with the tablets into which the set list is carved. That being said, a girl can dream, which, after all, is the reason we have this message board in the first place. And I would certainly concur with those of you who suggested Parachute was a more suitable option for the band as a whole.

Prettymaid
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't quite know how to say this but Secular Praise was specifically writen for the harmonies to be sung by black singers (Blind Boys of Alabama) and no matter how great the Eagles are at harmonising it would not have the same 'feel'.

I agree that SP sounds like it was written with black background singers in mind. However, I think Timothy had already written it and then thought of the BBOA after he met them in an elevator. It wasn't specifically written with them in mind.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I agree with you about this PM. In fact, I thought I remembered reading or hearing Tim say in one of his interviews that Secular Praise was one song that he was thinking that Allison Krauss might be a good fit for. In any event, I don't think the BBOA were his first choice. Am I misremembering this?

As far as any Expando songs making their way into the Eagles' setlist, I ain't holding my breath. I mean Glenn even removed his own solo stuff to make room for the LROOE material. It would be really cool if they made an exception for the Sacramento show though. If not, maybe Tim will do something like Soda suggested - he could sing a few lines from WBFS during his intro.

eaglesvet
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm green with envy - have fun. Hey, maybe you guys can all start chanting for one of Tim's songs at the concert 'Parachute, Parachute..' - you get the idea. LOL - wouldn't that be hysterical if you did :lol:.
I'm sure Don would love that! Hey, I know...maybe you all could bring one of those multicolor parachutes they use in preschools and Gymborees, and wave it around as you are chanting...that's bound to catch their attention! They'd have to play the song then, wouldn't they??

(:wink::hilarious::wink::hilarious:)

sodascouts
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Checked out Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00443BDC4E7A3B?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1) after reading Carol-Lynn's post in another thread. For some reason prices for Sac are $100 more than the other venues, except, of course, the Hollywood Bowl. At least the Hollywood Bowl is a historic venue - somebody please tell me where the ARCO Arena gets off charging $275?

Yeah, Sac holds a special place in my heart because I first saw the Eagles there. But that $100 extra they wanna charge holds a special place in my wallet.

I suggest all Border party plans be moved to San Jose. Not too far away from Sac, same show, $100 less.

ticky
02-04-2010, 10:59 AM
That might be a plan, Soda. Lemme talk to Wild and see about dates too. JWFC still hasnt announced tickets on sale and it's making me more then nervous.

Wildthyme
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Well San Jose works for me too but we (and I mean we of the Border who want to go) are going to have to make a decision soon since tickets go on sale in a couple of days...

sodascouts
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
San Jose. I refuse to pay a face value of $275 for a ticket.

Wildthyme
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I am in for San Jose - makes it easier for me to get time off work since its on a Friday.

But that area is where I am from originally and heaven help me if my family finds out I am down there LOL

sodascouts
02-04-2010, 04:17 PM
lol! I doubt we'll find anything anyway on the first day.

ticky
02-04-2010, 04:58 PM
San Jose works for me too. Friday is a lot easier and Cami and I can still drive down together. As far as ticket acquisition via the "Soda Method", Im game.. I may have an aneurysm before we get the tickets, but I want the best I can find. I still havent heard anything from JWFC about tickets.

Peekaboo
02-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd have to talk to Lou but I think San Jose will work for us too. I'm up for anything at this point. I'm just so ready for this road trip. I get more and more excited about it everyday.

TimothyBFan
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
It's ridiculous how pumped I am for all of you guys to be doing this together! I'm ALMOST as excited as I would be if I was going also--but not quite!:laugh: I admit a little :jealous: also tho! Keep us up to date on the plans please so I can live vicariously thru all of you.

Wildthyme
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I am going to be a raving lunatic before April because I am getting so excited about FINALLY going to a concert. My other friends and family just don't get this Eagles thing and I think a couple of them are sick of hearing me talk about these concerts coming up. Thank goodness I have all of you who understand. :lol:

Peekaboo
02-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I am going to be a raving lunatic before April because I am getting so excited about FINALLY going to a concert. My other friends and family just don't get this Eagles thing and I think a couple of them are sick of hearing me talk about these concerts coming up. Thank goodness I have all of you who understand. :lol:

Cami, you are most certainly not alone in this. My family and friends don't get it either...well, most of them don't anyways.

Lou and I are still in the process of planning out this road trip. I think we've got the dates that she will be here narrowed down but we are still trying to decide which concerts we will go to. So, is Sacramento out for the Borderers to meet up? I think San Jose will work for Lou and I but which San Jose concert? April 27th or May 1st?

Wildthyme
02-11-2010, 02:51 AM
April 30th in San Jose is the plan at the moment...

Peekaboo
02-11-2010, 03:06 AM
:oops: I got my dates messed up. I've got it all straight now.

Wildthyme
03-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Well I got my tickets for Sacramento in the mail today. Now I have to decide whether to use them or try to find someone to sell them to...

AzEaglesFan
03-02-2010, 02:09 AM
This is the first time I have ever ordered tickets on line. What I received are full pages of paper with who is playing,time and date and seat assignment. I was expecting small tickets. Are these what they are sending out now?? For what I paid for them I am really worried about getting there and being told they are not the right things to get into the concert. I bought them thru One Source Tickets and I thought it was strange that I could purchase them during the American Express presale since I don't have an American Express Credit Card.

TimothyBFan
03-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Well I got my tickets for Sacramento in the mail today. Now I have to decide whether to use them or try to find someone to sell them to...

What? Do you mean because plans have moved to San Jose? My advice--DO BOTH!!!! :hilarious:

Wildthyme
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Well the Sacramento tickets were kind of an accident. I bid on an auction for these tickets and was surprised when I got them because I was sure the bidding would go higher. They are good seats - 2nd row in section 4 (Timmy territory) but the catch is I had to buy two. Now I either have to get rid of one somehow or sell both. I can't afford to just not use one or give one away because I still paid a fair amount. So now I have a dilemma...

TimothyBFan
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Holy crap--I wish I could come to Sacramento with you---I'd buy that seat in a minute!!!

Glennhoney
03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
..yes AZ...those are exactly what I received in the mail when I went to my first concert last year...and I was worried too...but no need to be...everything was fine...ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzEaglesFan
03-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank you. We are trying to get more people to go with us. I noticed that we can ride the light rail free with the concert tickets, that may be a good way to get to the arena and not have to battle the traffic and pay to park.

Wildthyme
03-03-2010, 03:02 AM
I didn't know you could ride the light rail to Arco Arena.... I thought the only public transportation was the bus. If I go I will be staying with my brother and have to drive in but maybe I will have to check out the park and ride instead...

Wildthyme
04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
So who all is going to the Sacramento show??

Peekaboo
04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
So who all is going to the Sacramento show??

I wish I could say that we are going. At least we still have San Jose.

Wildthyme
04-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Well I am just about all packed and ready to head to Sacramento tomorrow. I am getting both really excited and really nervous about the concert (for some reason). Its a little odd to be going alone but I don't really mind - I am there to lose myself in the music anyway. :D I am thrilled with the seat I ended up with and I'm meeting my brother for dinner before the concert so its going to be a really fast but really fun trip!

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Wow, so many Borderers hitting the road! Cami, have a fun safe trip. Enjoy the concert (I know you will) and tell us all about it. Please. Everything.

TimothyBFan
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
All the excitement about San Jose, I forgot about this one for you Cami! Have a safe trip and report back soon!! Behave yourself with no one there to watch you girl!!! ;)

Stars
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Cami, Have a great time at the concert tonight!!
I go to concerts alone quite frequently, and I find it's fun talking to other fans and just getting into the spirit of the show, and of course losing oneself in the music. I know you'll have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear all about it!:partytime::thumbsup:

Troubadour
04-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Have fun, Cami! Once you see Glenn, you won't care that you're alone! Have a safe trip and a wonderful time at the show. Can't wait to meet you on Friday.

Wildthyme
04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone!!

Lou - I hope you three have a fun and safe trip too... I look forward to hearing about your adventures along the way and I can't wait to meet all of you too!

Well I am about out the door... time to sign off and pack-up the ol' lap top for the 5 hour drive south to Sacramento. Woo hoo!