View Full Version : Eagles in San Jose, CA April 30

sodascouts
01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
April 30: San Jose, CA
Venue: HP Pavilion

Tickets go on sale Feb. 8!

sodascouts
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
So, I'm gonna be looking for tickets for this one instead of Sacramento (as I said in the Sac thread). I doubt anything will come up on Feb. 8, of course, but I thought I'd post the TM link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00443CCC7276D5?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

ticky
02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Tickets just went on sale via JWFC for San Jose. I emailed Becca about the cost but she says she has no way of knowing where they'll but except they'll be decent. IM SO TORN...
Do I buy through the fan club and take the chance of "eh" seats? or do I practice the "Soda" method and wait.. I dont have much in the way of fingernails left to chew off.

ticky
04-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Let the official freak out begin....

FOUR DAYS!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
:partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime::party time::partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:: partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime::partyt ime::partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime::p artytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 03:14 PM
I was wondering when this thread would be refreshed...I'm so excited for you!

sodascouts
04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I leave for California tomorrow.

Lissa and I are gonna try and do a walk-up for this show. We have our tickets for May 1, so that's set, but if we can do 5th row or better at the last minute we're going to buy tickets for this one, too.

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Soda, I didn't realize you were going so soon. Have a safe trip and check in with us when you get there. Good luck on those seats.

Brooke
04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
:cool: Good luck and have a wonderful time! I'm sooooooo :jealous:

Troubadour
04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Have a safe trip, Nancy. It was a lot of fun chatting to you on the phone last night - can't wait to meet you!

We leave for California in the morning, too. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Jess is taking her laptop, so we'll keep you updated as best we can from the road. I can't friggin' WAIT to see those guys in the flesh again.

Koala
04-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm sooooo excited for you all! Have all a safe trip and a fantastic time!:)

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh! Jess and Lou, you're leaving too? Be safe, enjoy this road trip and check in as much as you can. You know we are all dying to hear about your adventure! In a few days you'll be seeing the lights come up and there they'll be singing:

There are stars in the southern sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight and moss in the trees
Down the Seven Bridges Road
-----------------------------------------------

God I wish I could be there!

TimothyBFan
04-27-2010, 07:53 AM
One question for all of you heading out for this show starting today.....

ARE YOU PUKING???????

Peekaboo
04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
One question for all of you heading out for this show starting today.....

ARE YOU PUKING???????

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
More than you could ever imagine, Willie. :wink:

We are awake and making our last minute preparations and will be on the road within an hour. I'm pretty sure I packed way more clothes than necessary but a girl's gotta have some choices, right? I had to work the past few days and I'm so glad to FINALLY be on my vacation. Now I can relax and really start to get excited about this trip. We will indeed check in as much as we can. We aren't in a huge hurry since we have 3 days to get there so we will kinda take our time and try to see some sites along the way. I would like to ask that you all please pray that we have no car troubles or flat tires along the way :pray: (although, if that happens I wonder if Don will come to the rescue like he did in a certain story by Rhonda :wink:). And we will indeed check in as much as we can.

eaglesvet
04-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Have a fun and safe trip, all you lucky Borderers heading out to San Jose! Do you know the way...to San Jose? (Bad jk)

sodascouts
04-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes, I know the way to San Jose... on a big ol' jet airliner! ;)

I'm about to head out myself - running a bit late as usual, but I'll be OK. I'll be checking in as often as I can, too.

Later guys!

Peekaboo
04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
The road trip starts RIGHT NOW!!! Bye everybody!! We'll see ya in San Jose!!!

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, I know the way to San Jose... on a big ol' jet airliner! ;)

Don't you mean, Big ol' Carolina? :wink:

Here's a little something for all of you road travelers today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6e0qhfzu0

Ive always been a dreamer
04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh My - this is all very exciting. Be safe and have a blast ladies. Wish I could be there with all of you!!! :rockon:

Molly
04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Have a great time, ladies and safe trip!

Glennsallnighter
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Last I heard was an hour ago. Lou texted me that they were in Amarillo!

Have a wonderful trip ladies!!!

TimothyBFan
04-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Soda touched down in California about an hour ago. I'm getting a kick also from Lou who is keeping everyone on Facebook up to date!! GO GIRLS!!!!!

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
California, here they come! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Lou & Jess in Albequerque, NM. They hope to get to Winslow Arizona yet tonight to stay the night. (about 200 miles to go) :thumbsup:

ETA--Just heard from Soda- says it's rainy and icky there! Bummer!!!!

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Lou & Jess in Albequerque, NM. They hope to get to Winslow Arizona yet tonight to stay the night. (about 200 miles to go) :thumbsup:

Ooh I hope they take their picture standing on a corner...

Thanks for the updates TBF since I'm not on Facebook.

Troubadour
04-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi guys! Just a quick post before bed. Sure enough, we arrived in Winslow about an hour ago and got a motel room. We've driven over 700 miles today, through four different states, and it has been so much fun. It doesn't feel like we've been sitting in a car for 11 hours! We are getting more and more excited about this trip as we get nearer to California.

Oh - and OF COURSE we're going to take a picture standin' on the corner, tomorrow morning! :thumbsup:

tequila girl
04-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Sounds like you're all having a fab time Troub :thumbsup: I'm so jealous of you - enjoy every minute of it!:partytime::partytime::partytime:

Prettymaid
04-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Jess and Lou, I hope you continue to have a blast on your way to CA. Thanks for checking in!

carol7lynn
04-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Two more days! I'm excited for all of you-especially Nancy and Kelle. Hope they drop front row center for the both of you for Friday night. Keep us posted.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

eaglesvet
04-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Is it just 4 of them at the show in San Jose? Jess, Lou, Nanc, and Lissa? Or are Ticky and Cami to be there as well? I can't remember. Help!

04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Yep, ev - I believe ticky and Cami will be in San Jose as well. Look out Eagles!!!! :lol:

ticky
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Im leaving for Cami's house tomorrow morning and we'll drive down from there Friday morning. I didnt sleep at ALL tuesday night. I was so exhausted last night I went to bed at 9pm (REALLY early for me). Today Im packing and baking cookies *G* (cant go anywhere without bringing cookies!!) and tomorrow morning.. IM ON THE ROAD!! WOO!!

sodascouts
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey everybody! Checking in! As my trusty texting travel tracker Willie has informed you, I landed in California in the midst of a rain shower yesterday afternoon, but it was a safe landing and the weather wasn't awful or anything... just wet! I took it easy last night and am doing the same this morning - the time difference made me tired pretty early West Coast time.

I'm getting more and more jazzed as the day approaches. I just wish you guys could be here in more than spirit. We'd be so fired up that we'd burn the place down!

I'll try and get SBR for you guys.... and for me, too!

carol7lynn
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Welcome to California Nancy. The rain you got yesterday just swept through SoCal this morning. You guys should have a beautiful week-end so party like rock stars. Again I hope you get those front row seats. Can't wait to hear your review.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Brooke
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
:yay: Eagles, The Borderers are coming! I hope they are ready! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Classic Rockers Soar Into San Jose

http://www.ktvu.com/2010/0427/23283949_240X135.jpg
http://www.ktvu.com/sh/cox/enlarge_image_btn.jpg
(http://www.ktvu.com/entertainment/23283395/detail.html#)

Posted: 3:28 pm PDT April 27, 2010Updated: 4:12 pm PDT April 27, 2010
Classic-rock favorites the Eagles are taking to the road once again despite having advertised their 2003 jaunt as the band's farewell tour. Whether they stretch it out to the same "How can we miss you if you won't go away?" lengths as Kiss and Cher before them remains to be seen.The Eagles first came together in Los Angeles when principles Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon played together behind singer Linda Rondstadt in 1971. A mix of folk and country styles influenced the band's early recordings, but by the middle of the decade the Eagles had fused rural sounds with pop and hard rock to great success. Their opus 'Hotel California' and the compilation 'Their Greatest Hits: 1971-1975' remain two of the biggest selling albums of all time.While the line-up this time around doesn't include guitarist Don Felder, Leadon or Meisner, Eagle stalwarts Henley, Frey, guitar giant Joe Walsh (well known for his hits with the James Gang and under his own name) and Timothy B. Schmit are sure to give fans a solid dose of tunes from their 2007 effort 'Long Road Out Of Eden' along with rock-radio standards including Eagles tunes and hits from the members' various solo careers when this tour comes to the San Jose for two nights.The Eagles Friday-Saturday, April 30-May 1, 8 p.m.$52-$180 (Friday sold out)
HP Pavilion

Well at least 2 solo careers.

Prettymaid
04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Is it just 4 of them at the show in San Jose? Jess, Lou, Nanc, and Lissa? Or are Ticky and Cami to be there as well? I can't remember. Help!

The way I understand it, Lou, Jess, Rhonda and Cami have tickets for the 30th. Nancy and Lissa have tickets for May 1st. But Nancy and Lissa are going to "pull a Soda" and try to get last minute good face value seats for the 30th also. Have I got it right?

This is like a dang soap opera! ::cue organ music::

Will Nancy and Lissa get tickets and get to join their Border Buddies at the concert on the 30th? Tune in next time for As The Border Turns!

Brooke
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
:lol:

Peekaboo
04-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Okay, everybody knows the line from Hotel California "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave." This is too true for us right now. WE ARE STUCK IN WINSLOW. There is some serious wind going on here and it's blowing all of the dust and dirt everywhere and the roads are all closed till sometime this evening. We are now back at the hotel we stayed in last night just waiting for some good news about the roads opening up. Our agenda for today was to tour Winslow (done) and then make our way to the Grand Canyon and then see how close we can get to California after that. Right now our plans are to just wait this out and hopefully we can get back on the road asap. Seems like there have been so many obstacles already trying to keep us from seeing the guys, why not throw another one in the mix? Mother Nature, why are you doing this to us?

Troubadour
04-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah... this is a bit of a setback to say the least. I've had enough of ash, dust and wind to last a lifetime! Just hoping the roads will be open by this evening.

On the plus side, we have seen Winslow and taken some decent pictures. The famous 'corner' is in a state of disarray at the moment... there is construction work going on, so the statue is inside one of the gift shops, and the 'Standing on the corner' sign is laying down, discarded, at the side of the street! Still, we took some photos, which I'm sure we'll post once we get them uploaded to the computer.

Oh, I also wanted to add to Cathy's post that Jess and I have got tickets for the 1st May show as well as the 30th. That's the night we're going to be front row!

Troubadour
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Also, we spoke to a really nice lady in the gift shop. She had seen the Eagles in Phoenix, and was totally gushing about it! She said it was the best concert she'd ever been to, that the audience were going wild, and that the guys sounded incredible. She said they walked on stage and started Seven Bridges Road in darkness, before the lights went up. Real shiver-up-your-spine stuff.

SIGH.

Prettymaid
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
:doh:That's right Troub. I knew you two were going to both shows. I was rushing through that post while I was home for lunch and didn't get the facts straight!

I can't believe you're stuck in Winslow! Dust storm of all things? You need to have a sign for the guys that reads something like 'Neither ash nor dust kept me away from being here!'

Troubadour
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Seriously. That dust is really flying by. We're watching it from the foyer. Ugh. It needs to clear by tonight. Once more... everybody turn east, and BLOW!!!!

carol7lynn
04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
:angel:God speed.:angel:

Carol-Lynn

bernie's bender
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the weather issues, I've sure been caught in that area a few times over the years (we go to our cabin in Taos, Nm every christmas and have been in some whopper snow storms there.)

if you go back through Holbrook, eat at the Mesa restaurant for dinner... it is fabulous (I have no idea why it is there and it looks terrible on the outside, but is wonderful and the food is crazy good.) and you gotta get some pics at the hotel where the rooms are big tipis. (stayed there in a blizzard once, not good, very funky, but high coolness factor)

here is the 'corner' intact... the lady in the store is really cool and really nice... we spent a fortune in there and talked for an hour or so (snowing) a couple of winters ago...

If it is dinner time when you get to kingman, the dam bar is pretty good.

if you are in Bakersfield at dinner, hit the basque restaurant on 58 (Rosedale Hwy) if you've never had an in and out burger, you gotta do that too...

lots of cool funky places to eat and drink in SJ. Before the gig if you want an old school 'guy hangout' and a decent steak and a couple of beers... henry's hilife is awesome. Original Joe's downtown has been around forever too and is great... if you want italian and are willing to drive a bit, hit giorgio's on foxworthy (neighborhood place, but awesome... the shrimp pizza is amazing)...

and of course, all the kitschy joints on Santana row....

http://homepage.mac.com/macmanager/.Pictures/rkp.jpg

Have fun!

04-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh wow, Lou and Jess - what a trip (literally)! The only thing I can figure out is that Mother Nature is trying to make sure that you have a trip that you'll never forget. You know - something you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about. Hang in there, and enjoy yourselves. Hopefully, Ms. Nature will give it a rest over the next couple of days. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Seriously. That dust is really flying by. We're watching it from the foyer. Ugh. It needs to clear by tonight. Once more... everybody turn east, and BLOW!!!!

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/b/blowing-emoticon.gif

ticky
04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
I've been txting with Jess and Lou in Winslow. The electricity keeps popping off and on and they're feeling pretty isolated. They've decided to brave the storm and head out to Sonic for something to eat but said it was starting to get really dark and scary. So keep blowing south and East you leftcoasters and all you Easterners blow south! (Sorry Florida)

ticky
04-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Im off to bed tonight and Im leaving first thing in the morning for Medford to stay the night with Cami. I'll be in touch via my Blackberry but I doubt Ill be back on the computer till Im home. I'll try and take LOTS of pictures!! and give ya'll a great review. Till then, Adios!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 07:23 AM
:bye: Ticky! This has been a long time coming for you. For two years we've all talked about seeing the guys and you've been the good little soldier, patiently waiting your turn. Well now your time has come. No more rocking out to Itsy Bitsy Spider for you. Have a great time - oh and remember our signal when I call - The eagle sleeps deeply. Then I'll come to the predetermined destination to help out. :shh:

TimothyBFan
04-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Last I've heard, Jess & Lou decided to stay the night in Winslow last night and are hoping to get out again this morning. When they do an Eagles adventure, they really do it right don't they? Dreamer said in her post the same thing I told Lou on the phone yesterday afternoon, you will remember this trip FOREVER!!! Rundown....1/Didn't think she'd make it out of London because of volcanic ash, 2/ get to Winslow AZ and THE corner is under construction, 3/dust storm now strands them in Winslow where they have CHECKED OUT of their hotel but CAN NEVER LEAVE!! Gotta admit, there's some irony there!:woah:

Cami & Rhonda---safe journeys for both of you! Good luck!!!

LOOK OUT SAN JOSE AND EAGLES!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND WHEN THIS MANY BORDERERS CONVERGE!!!!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Is this kind of dust storm just a fluke or is it typical?

Brooke
04-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry about your troubles girls. Hopefully, you are on the road again!

Be safe!

Stars
04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Lou and Jess, what an adventure you two are having! After it's all over, you should write a book!:hilarious:
I hope that today finds you on your way to California and to our guys!:bye::pray:

Peekaboo
04-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Our prayers have been answered and the roads are open again. We are now awake and getting ready to get on the road. It's still windy outside but not nearly like it was yesterday. That was just ridiculous.

Now that we've lost an entire day, our plans have changed to just drive straight to San Jose today. Our original plans for yesterday were to tour Winslow, make our way to the Grand Canyon, and then see how close we can get to L.A. and then tour L.A. on thursday (today). It sucks that we got stranded here but at least we were fortunate enough to get another hotel room for the night. There were some people that had to stay in the lobby all night because all of the rooms got booked up. And thank goodness we weren't one of the many cars that got stuck on the side of the ride like we saw on tv.

As much fun as it was to see Winslow and stand on a corner I think I can safely say (thanks to the dust storm) that I've seen enough of Winslow for a while. When I first asked for all of you to pray for no car troubles I should have included good weather. Let's hope that we're past all of the wind and there will be only good weather ahead for us. Hopefully the next time we report back we will be safe and sound in San Jose.

04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Rhonda - I am SOOOOO excited for you. Your dream trip begins.

All of you ladies continue to be safe and forge ahead to your next mission!!! :thumbsup:

MikeA
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
GREAT! We now have three in transit with another taking off Friday. Four on the road to San Jose! I don't know how many ALREADY Gone. WE should be having some really good reports being filed here!

Y'all have a SUPER TIME!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
We don't need no stinking Grand Canyon!!! :hilarious:

Honestly now, would you prefer to see this...

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Scenic%20America/grandcanyon.jpg

or this...

http://gi350.photobucket.com/groups/q421/OKQCHVF2HI/Anaheim-HondaCenter.jpg

http://pic.pbsrc.com/spacer.gif

I rest my case. :wink:

tequila girl
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Hehehe NO Contest!!

04-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Well aren't they both listed as one of the 'Wonders of the World'???

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Excuse me while I go flip my coin.

Troubadour
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Okay, you win.

Besides, looks like we need to be there to help Don back up.

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Help Don back up into what? :nahnah:

tequila girl
04-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Hehe He doesn't need helping up, but I can see why you'd want to offer! - Look at the picture pm ;)

Peekaboo
04-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Help Don back up into what? :nahnah:

Just use your imagination, Cathy. LOL!!

We are loading up the car again and about to get back on the road. See ya in San Jose!!!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZuOgEptHcU

TimothyBFan
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
You guys will not believe this....

Jess just texted me--1/2 mile out of Winslow and they are at a standstill due to the traffic. She says "Trucks and cars r really backed up now".

I imagine everyone finally moving now after being stranded for the night. These poor girls!!!

tequila girl
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh No! Get the Traffic Fairy on the case!

Koala
04-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh no! Hope both arrive safely and quickly to San Jose, without further delays!

Ticky & WT hope you have a safe trip, too!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I'll bet they are wishing they'd never went to Winslow, Arizona!

Geesh, I'm starting to wonder if they'll make it to the concert in time! :worried:

luvthelighthouse
04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
[quote=TimothyBFan;106513]"Trucks and cars r really backed up now".

[quote]

I could only think of, "Freeway cars and trucks "... one of those ladies need to turn into Lady Luck!

Britt
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Ok, these girls really deserve a hug from the BOYS once they get to the concert! If the only knew what they went throught to see them!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

TimothyBFan
04-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Ok ---Jess just texted--they are moving again!!!! YAY!!!! BUT- they just drove thru a SNOW SHOWER!!! Crazy!!!

I'm trying desperately to think of a way to let the guys know what they are going thru right now to get there. Any ideas? Might try to shoot off an email to Timothy's camp and see if can get some kind of word to them. SERIOUSLY--the Eagles need to know this!!

Britt
04-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I was thinking maybe facebook Timothy! Not sure if he his on there everyday! Just a thought!!!

Prettymaid
04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Actually, I think Willie is headed in the right direction. Of all the guys Timothy is the most internet-friendly. And Timothy's webmistress or secretary or whatever she is seems to be be in contact with him on a regular basis...

carol7lynn
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Their saga reminds me of that old John Candy/Steve Martin movie, "Planes,Trains,Automobiles." Wait until they hit California. We've been having snow and wind-storms too. They closed the 5N through the grapevine this morning because of icy roads. Hope they make it.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Wildthyme
04-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Rhonda and I are worrying about getting over the mountain passes between Oregon and California in the morning. They are predicting snow showers down to 2500 feet tonight ugh.

MikeA
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Dang it Cami, y'all be CAREFUL! I want to hear from you and not about you!

eaglesvet
04-30-2010, 12:03 AM
The way I understand it, Lou, Jess, Rhonda and Cami have tickets for the 30th. Nancy and Lissa have tickets for May 1st. But Nancy and Lissa are going to "pull a Soda" and try to get last minute good face value seats for the 30th also. Have I got it right?

This is like a dang soap opera! ::cue organ music::

Will Nancy and Lissa get tickets and get to join their Border Buddies at the concert on the 30th? Tune in next time for As The Border Turns!
Oooh, I love that....As the Border Turns...it's a wonder that we haven't come up with that before! Goodness knows enough happens to all of us here--we have plenty to make up a good soap opera!

eaglesvet
04-30-2010, 12:06 AM
:doh:That's right Troub. I knew you two were going to both shows. I was rushing through that post while I was home for lunch and didn't get the facts straight!

I can't believe you're stuck in Winslow! Dust storm of all things? You need to have a sign for the guys that reads something like 'Neither ash nor dust kept me away from being here!'
Kind of like the postman?:hilarious:

Peekaboo
04-30-2010, 04:00 AM
WE MADE IT!!! WE ARE IN SAN JOSE!!

First, awesome job, Willie, for keeping everyone updated.

We arrived about an hour ago and are settling down in the hotel room. It has been an incredibly crazy and long day. First, we were stuck in traffic just outside of Winslow for about an hour. Now i understand why they closed the roads because we drove through some pretty heavy dust. Next, after we passed Flagstaff we hit a snow storm. I still can't believe that. It was snowing pretty hard too. But we pushed through and were so relieved when we made it to the California border. After that it was still a long drive. The scenery was beautiful going through the mountains but i don't think i want to drive through that again. It was kinda scary...beautiful, but scary. After everything that has happened yesterday and today, we are more than ready to see the guys tomorrow night...wait, it's after midnight so TONIGHT!!! AAAAHHH!! :headbang: Can't wait to meet up with the other Borderers too. Things are getting more and more exciting.

Peekaboo
04-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Their saga reminds me of that old John Candy/Steve Martin movie, "Planes,Trains,Automobiles." Wait until they hit California. We've been having snow and wind-storms too. They closed the 5N through the grapevine this morning because of icy roads. Hope they make it.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

That movie is hilarious but when you're experiencing that in real life, yeah, not so much.

Btw, we were on the 5N so i'm guessing we missed the closed icy roads...thank goodness. I'm pretty sure that we've had enough of closed roads.

Peekaboo
04-30-2010, 04:08 AM
SERIOUSLY--the Eagles need to know this!!

Agreed!! :nod:

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 07:10 AM
When I woke up this morning my first thought was of Jess, Lou, Cami and Rhonda. Thank goodness half of you have made it! Now we just have to worry about Rhonda and Cami. What is there ETA?

Wildthyme
04-30-2010, 08:10 AM
So glad to hear that you made it to San Jose Lou & Jess!

Rhonda and I are packing up and getting ready to leave within the hour. Looks like the passes out of the valley into California are clear at the moment though below freezing but I hope that sunrise remedies that quickly. Right now we expect to hit San Jose by about 2 pm this afternoon! :yay:

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Good luck Cami and Rhonda. We're all thinking about you!

carol7lynn
04-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Hallejuah! :angel: Glad to hear you guys made it. :thumbsup: Relax enjoy the pre-show butterflies and the concert-rush! Wish I was with you all but I'm down here in SoCal waiting in the weeds for Ontario, California. Let us know every detail and post lots of pixs if you can.:nahnah:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster, and I haven't even stepped past my backyard for 3 days. :hilarious:

God Speed Cami & Ticky--hear from you on the otherside!!!

Stars
04-30-2010, 09:31 AM
YEA! So glad to hear that Lou and Jess made it safely to San Jose! :yay:
Have a blast at the concert tonight-can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup:
Cami and Rhonda-safe travels-let us know when you arrive! I think when all of you meet up, we will rejoice!!:partytime:

Brooke
04-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Peek and Troub, glad to hear you finally made it! Good grief, what a trip!

Good luck Ticky and WT! Drive safe!

Soda and PLS are going to be there, too, right?

Tonight's the night! :yay:

MikeA
04-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Well Lou, you came "over here" for an Adventure. You won't be going home disappointed! You were apparently in good hands though...Jess saw you through <LOL> Y'all just have a GREAT time today, and let us know how Tonight goes!

Cami, Rhonda.....STILL anxiously awaiting word from you from San Jose!

04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I talked to Nancy on the phone yesterday. She and Lissa are going to San Jose today to meet up with the others and hang out a while before the show. Hopefully, they will score some good seats as well.

As soon as they're all together this afternoon, that means a recipe for one helluva good time. Kick back, relax, and enjoy yourselves ladies - you all deserve it after all it's taken to make this happen!!! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

sodascouts
04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Finally got a chance to check in and dang, with all this activity, I can't even reply to it all! I did look through the new concert review threads and OH MY GOSH, the guys are looking great. I'm so excited!!!

Lissa and I are taking it easy this morning then going up to meet with Jess, Lou, and their friend for lunch. When Rhonda and Cami arrive, they'll join us and we're all gonna spend the afternoon together before the show. Dinner will be at the On the Border restaurant near the venue. Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

I'm gonna wear the "I got FREY'd at Manhattan Beach Lodge" tank top from his concert in Minnesota that I went to in 2008. Yeah, it's kind of lame to wear that to an Eagles concert, but I don't care. I figure it'll make it easy for other Borderers to spot me. ;) Due to the weather I'll have to wear a white shirt with sleeves too, so I'll be indulging in Eagles fashion of undershirt with overshirt left unbuttoned, lol (What happened to sunny California by the way???)

I'm dying to see these guys TONIGHT so I sure hope walking up works, although it's nice to have the safety net of the seventh row aisle seats on Glenn and Joe's side for tomorrow night. Man, I sure hope they haven't dropped Seven Bridges Road by the time I see them (what can I say, I'm paranoid).

I was so happy to hear from Jess and Lou that they are safe in town last night, and I am crossing my fingers for Rhonda and Cami, although I have a good feeling they'll be here right on time (not that my feelings are worth much, lol). I got a chance to talk to all of them except Rhonda on the phone yesterday, and I have been so busy texting folks that I have gone over my text plan for the month by 100 texts! Luckily this month is almost over!

I wish you guys could be here so we could have an industrial Border party. After all, we don't have a hardcore Tim fan coming to our little gathering! That alone is WRONG, especially considering how close to Sac we are!

Oh my gosh, so freaking excited! Now I'm gonna try to reply to some of these threads before I start getting ready!

Koala
04-30-2010, 12:54 PM
I know I said it before, but I'm sooooooooo excited for you all! Can't wait to hear all about the concert! I think I might not be much more excited if I would even go to the concert!

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm just as excited for you all meeting up as I am about the concert tonight! Now you all be polite and agree with me! :nod:

Troubadour
04-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Only about half an hour until we meet Nancy and Lissa! San Jose looks beautiful this morning, and we're already getting excited about tonight - although it still seems a little surreal. What a trip this has been so far! Your excitement for us is so sweet, and it's fun to catch up with these posts when we get the chance. We'll keep you posted!

luvthelighthouse
04-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Send some midwest LOVE to our boys, from TBF, PM and me. We will all be waiting for details! Details your meeting from lunch through the show!

I know we all wish we could be there for this Border expierence! Remember to capture how you are feeling the moment you hear the first note of 7BR! I want that detail for sure! You all have NO idea just how jealous am I that you will all be witnessing that with your own ears live! You lucky bunch!

I know I don't need to say it... but I will anyway... have fun and enjoy!

Brooke
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I know. You all should do a podcast!

I don't know anything about it or if it's even possible, but this is BORDER HISTORY we're talkin' 'bout! :headbang:

MikeA
04-30-2010, 05:04 PM
WHERE'S Rhonda and Cami?

Wildthyme
04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
WHERE'S Rhonda and Cami?

We are here! We made it the hotel a little bit ago and met up with Lou, Jess, Nancy, Lissa, and Annie. Now we are up in our room getting ready for tonight. We are all SO excited about the concert tonight!!! :yay:

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank goodness you all made it in one piece. What LTL said a few posts back...my sentiments exactly! Wish we were there! Rhonda, blow Joe a kiss for me!

MikeA
04-30-2010, 07:10 PM
OK, now that all that "gettin' there" is done with, y'all party till you PUKE!

sodascouts
04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Checking in from the Jess, Lou, and Annie's hotel room while they're getting ready. We're gonna leave for the restaurant with Rhonda and Cami in about a half hour - then it's time for the show!!!!!!! Cross your fingers that Lissa and I can score tickets for tonight!

luvthelighthouse
04-30-2010, 07:43 PM
The guys should have Seven women on their mind Lou, Jess, Nancy, Lissa, Annie, Cami and Rhonda... only I don't think any of them want to stone the guys! :hilarious:

Soda, I feel your magical powers working... you will get seats!

eaglesvet
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I love the sound of the "Industrial Border Party" that Soda mentioned! It sounds like they gots the beginnings of one at least! And I know it can only get better from here, as the notes from 7BR come wafting across the arena...

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Jess and Lou, where are your seats for tonight's concert? Rhonda and Cami went through JWFC, right? So they're not exactly sure where they're sitting? And Soda's going to...well...'pull a Soda' and come up with some great last minute seats (we're crossing our fingers for you!)

bernie's bender
04-30-2010, 08:52 PM
if you are on the floor, you'll be sitting on ice!

04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Well - the show should be about ready to begin any time now!!! Hopefully Soda and PLS got decent tickets and are in the arena.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
05-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Hey guys! PLS and I got to the venue a bit later than expected and didn't wind up scoring tickets for tonight. It's all good though - we got to hang with our fellow Borderers, get some merchandise at our leisure, and get even more amped up for tomorrow night.... not to mention neither of us really needed to drop another $180!

The rest of the gang got 12th row from JWFC, and are there right now, hopefully having the time of their lives! I can't wait to hear from them how it went!

Prettymaid
05-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Good morning San Jose Borderers! Soda, too bad you didn't get some good seats, if for no other reason to show that you still have the magic. But like you said, at least you know you have great seats for tonight's show. So whose going to be the first one to wake up and tell their fellow Borderers salivating for info right now how the show was last night? Anyone? Anyone? Okay you sleepyheads, I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

So what's the plan for today? Finding out where the guys are staying and kidnapping one or all of them? Getting them back in time for tonight's show, of course. ;)

tequila girl
05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Good morning San Jose Borderers! So whose going to be the first one to wake up and tell their fellow Borderers salivating for info right now how the show was last night? Anyone? Anyone? Okay you sleepyheads, I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.
That's what i've been wondering - I guess it's about 5.15am in the States? It's 1.15pm here in the UK and i've been waiting for news for hours! :lol: :lol:

Prettymaid
05-01-2010, 08:17 AM
That's what i've been wondering - I guess it's about 5.15am in the States? It's 1.15pm here in the UK and i've been waiting for news for hours! :lol: :lol:

Yeah TG, it's only 5:15 in California so I guess we need to give them a break. I say we wait about 30 more minutes before we start calling them! ;)

tequila girl
05-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Well, 30 minutes is up - who's gonna call?:blueblob:

Prettymaid
05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Lol!

MikeA
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
The probably aren't even back to their own hotel rooms yet. Some of the Eagles might have gotten lucky!

sodascouts
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Good morning San Jose Borderers! Soda, too bad you didn't get some good seats, if for no other reason to show that you still have the magic. But like you said, at least you know you have great seats for tonight's show.

Yeah, it's just that we were pretty picky since we had 7th row for the next night. There were some good seats that popped up, but we wanted Row 5 or better if we were gonna shell out for another show. There are some good priced second row center broker tickets up but since we're not sure we can sell our current tickets and aren't willing to eat them, we're gonna let those slide.

Brooke
05-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Soda and Lissa, I'm so sorry you didn't get to go last night, but I'm sure you had fun meeting up the with the other Borderers. It's also great to hear that everyone made it safe and sound!

Ok, ladies. We are done patiently waiting for more news from the show..........:blueblob: :spin: :blueblob: :spin:

Stars
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Soda and Lissa, I'm also sorry you couldn't get tix last night, but you will have a ball tonight, that's for sure!:yay:
Can't wait to hear how Jess and Lou enjoyed the show, and can't wait to see those pics!!:blueblob:

sodascouts
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Moved all the post-concert stuff here for easy future reference!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2448