PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey in Hollywood Feb. 20 (Benefit w/ Deacon)

sodascouts
02-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Check out what I just got in a Google alert!

http://www.africaschoolhouse.org/rockthehouse.php

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/ROCK-THE-HOUSE-REV-4.jpg

Join us for a very special evening of music organized by Headthief Productions to benefit Africa Schoolhouse. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the relief effort in Haiti through Doctors Without Borders.

Rock the House with Glenn Frey and Michael Thompson of The Eagles, Don Was, Ziggy Marley, Animal Husbandry, (NC)2 and more.

When: Saturday, February 20th, doors open 6:30pm

Where: The House of Blues, 8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90060

Wildthyme
02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
That is very cool. I really wish I could go!

TimothyBFan
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Very reasonable again!! Glenn is getting out for a few solo shows.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh My! Road Triip?????? :headscratch: :idea: :confused:

Freypower
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
God, YES, Dreamer, if you can.

I have been feeling very 'pro Glenn' since watching Madison Square Garden yesterday. I must say I deeply admire his commitment to charitable causes. He wasn't all over the place when all the stars came out for Haiti. He was quietly arranging an occasion of his own. He once said 'God likes quiet givers'. How right that is. I'm proud of him. :love: :grouphug:

sodascouts
02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm there!

And yes, I admire him so much! He's so generous with his "quiet" giving. It's great when your favorite musician is also a kind-hearted, caring person. Justifies the time we spend on him. ;) I bet Deacon had a hand in picking the recipient charities, too.

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
He is indeed, others mouth off about doing these things. Glenn :heart: just does them. How I too would LOVE to be there.

Are you going Soda?

Or is anyone else?

sodascouts
02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes, I'm going. I found a quite reasonably priced flight that I can pay for with the money I've gotten editing dissertations this month.

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes, I'm going. I found a quite reasonably priced flight that I can pay for with the money I've gotten editing dissertations this month.

Awwww Cool Nancy. I'm delighted for you. :hug: I hope you have a brilliant time

eaglesvet
02-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Very reasonable again!! Glenn is getting out for a few solo shows.
Are there other solo shows??

(BTW, have a fantastic time, Nancy and whomever else can make it to Hollywood!!)

Freypower
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM
This is all we know about. We don't know if he will be performing.

http://glennfrey.blogspot.com/2010/01/glenn-named-chair-of-boys-and-girls.html

Peekaboo
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
That is really AWESOME that Glenn will be performing solo again. And Deacon too? That's really great. To Soda and any other Borderers going, have a ton of fun while you're there. I wish I could go. I would love to see Glenn doing a solo gig but this is just too soon for me and i'm still trying to save my money for THE road trip to see the guys in April.

GlennLover
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm soooo jealous! Have a wonderful time, those of you who get there. Give Glenn a hug from the rest of us Borderers if you get the chance ;)!

sodascouts
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
So I'm looking up these bands on the bill... Here's "Animal Husbandry":

http://www.myspace.com/animalhusbandrymusic

I think they're around Deacon's age.

Koala
02-05-2010, 02:52 AM
To all Borderers which will go to the gig, have a lot of fun! I'm :jealous:
I would love to see a solo gig from Glenn !

Stars
02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
How I wish I could go to this one! Hope all of you have a wonderful time!
I will be on pins and needles waiting for your report, Soda, and hopefully pics too.
ENJOY!!:headbang:

Glennhoney
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
..I think it is SO amazing of Glenn to take time to play at small venues like these, obviously for his son!!!..He's certainly NOT doing this for money and/or fame..he's a very generous man, I'd say.............:xoxo:..and if I could give him a kiss of thanks, I would...so I'll leave that to you Nancy.......

TimothyBFan
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm so happy for you Nancy and anyone else going! I'm also happy that since Timothy's doesn't have any more shows planned at this time, that we don't have to wait till April for anything new. Just a couple weeks away!! :razz:

Like I told you yesterday Nancy--if you can--PLEASE get a picture of Ziggy for Katie! She says she's so jealous of you right now! :hilarious: She does find it kinda strange that Glenn and Ziggy are performing at the same show. But if AH members are friends of Deacon's, that would explain them at it tho.

02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Well - I am going to be joining Soda out in L.A. for this show. I'm very excited about it, and wish all of you could join us. Can't wait to see Glenn perform again for a very worthy cause.

Brooke
02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
:jealous::jealous::jealous:

Wow, this is so cool! Have fun all of you that are going! I soooooo wish I could go and see Glenn solo. :sad:

(I'm actually going to be in Cancun that week, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Hubby might not understand! :wink:)

tbs fanatic
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey, that's my birthday. I think I deserve a trip to Hollywood for that - don't you? LOL - I wish.

GlennLover
02-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Yea Dreamer!!!! Hope you I Soda get this again from Glenn :xoxo:!

Freypower
02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
..I think it is SO amazing of Glenn to take time to play at small venues like these, obviously for his son!!!..He's certainly NOT doing this for money and/or fame..he's a very generous man, I'd say.............:xoxo:..and if I could give him a kiss of thanks, I would...so I'll leave that to you Nancy.......

To me, in this instance, it's a charity show rather than to help out his son. He is the headliner. Although it does seem to me that when he does these shows he tends to let Deacon sing a few songs and only sings a couple himself.

The name 'Animal Husbandry' is funny because I am an avid player of the Civilization IV computer game where you progress through 3000 years of history, and Animal Husbandry is one of the early technologies you research.

Glennhoney
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
..yes, of course...this is for a very worthy cause....but like you said, he seems to include Deacon in his solo shows, which is such a wonderful Father/Son thing to do......makes him all that more lovable........:xoxo:

Super Frey
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I just think it's Wonderful, Glenn really has a great heart. :heart: :angel:

Wildthyme
02-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Well the planets all aligned or something because I am going to get to go to LA to see Glenn!! Woo hoo. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!

Brooke
02-06-2010, 03:02 PM
:cool: Wt! I'm sure you will all have the time of your lives! :partytime:

tbs fanatic
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
WooHoo! Have fun :partytime:.

sodascouts
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
So glad you're coming too Cami - we are gonna have a blast!!

02-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Cami - that is great that you are able to come to the show. Can't wait to meet you in just 2 short weeks!!! :headbang:

Wildthyme
02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I am really looking forward to meeting you and Nancy too. We are going to have a teriffic time!

GlennLover
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Yea, Cami! Hope you have a blast!

TimothyBFan
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
:yay: Yay Cami!!!! I'm so happy for you! How cool--Glenn in 2 weeks and the Eagles in 2 months. Lucky girl!!

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Well the planets all aligned or something because I am going to get to go to LA to see Glenn!! Woo hoo. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!

CAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm delighted for you. :hug: Have a wonderful time there. :yay::yay::yay:

Stars
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Cami-have a ball! Can't wait to hear all about it!:partytime:
I was hoping I could make it too, but it turns out I have to work on that Saturday and then Sunday we have plans with another couple. Hopefully, there will be other solo gigs!:thumbsup:

02-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Aw Carla - that's too bad that you can't make it. I know you would have a great time if you went. Oh well, it sucks so hard when when real life gets in the way of seeing an Eagle, doesn't it! :scowl:

Super Frey
02-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey,

I just wanted to say I hope you all have fun, and a good trip when you go.:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I just got a chance to read this thread and I'm thrilled for Soda, Dreamer, Cami, and anyone else who is going to CA to see Glenn! You're going to have a blast!

luvthelighthouse
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I too just read this! OMG, I'm so happy for you ladies that are going to this show! I love the smaller intimate settings. I can't wait for the reviews! Enjoy!!!

Perfect Little Sister
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
This is killing me. I'll be in Las Vegas on the 20th for my daughter's cheer competition. I was hoping the seemingly annual benefit would be held in April again as I will be in So-Cal then. The weekend before the Hollywood Bowl set mind you.:x I was hoping he'd be at the Roxy that weekend so I could take my daughter up to the show. Oh well. These things never seem to work out for me. (stamps foot)

sodascouts
02-13-2010, 12:33 AM
It won't be the same without you, Lissa. It feels WRONG not to have you there, honestly! :( :( :(

StephUK
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I notice the poster says that Michael Thompson will be there too. No mention of my darling Will though.
Maybe those lucky ones of you who are going can let me know if Will is there too? please

sodascouts
02-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I'll keep an eye out for him, but I doubt he'll be there.

Freypower
02-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Has Will ever played at any of these benefits? As far as I know Glenn only uses Michael, Scott and Al for these shows. I don't even know if Will is part of his 'solo' band.

sodascouts
02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
For the past few years, Will has been part of Glenn's backing band for full-fledged solo shows. However, he hasn't appeared at the stripped-down ensemble benefits like this one. I'm unsure whether or not he joins Glenn for corporate shows on a regular basis, if at all.

Glennhoney
02-16-2010, 08:24 AM
..you girls are SO lucky....enjoy, enjoy and bring back tons of pictures.........have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!:)

GlennLover
02-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I can hardly wait to hear the reports after the show from you lucky girls! :partytime: Can you imagine if I was actually going? I'd be a basket case for sure. (I'd risk it though, LOL)! I know that I have said it before but - have a wonderful time gals!

TimothyBFan
02-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Just when is everyone leaving for Hollywood? How long are you going to be there? And sight seeing or other plans while there?

Remember, some of us here need to know these things so we can live vicariously through you.

Wildthyme
02-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Well I am hitting the road bright and early tomorrow and picking up Soda and Dreamer at LAX on Friday morning. We are staying in Hollywood and the plan is to do some touristy stuff on Friday afternoon (maybe hit the Walk of Fame, go see Grauman's Chinese Theater, etc). On Saturday we will probably do a little bit of sightseeing but we want to be at House of Blues early enough to make sure we are first in line to get in. After the show we want to over a couple of blocks to the Troubador to see where it all began. Then Sunday morning its back to the airport for Soda and Dreamer and I head north to see my family near San Jose for a couple of days.

That is the basic outline for now. I think so of it we are going to just play by ear once we are all there. We will have a couple of computers there so we can update the board with what's going on especially with what happens at Glenn's show.

I am getting very excited about the trip. I can't believe I will be there in just two days!

eaglesvet
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, ladies, have a blast...and remember to report ALL of the details!!

carol7lynn
02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Have a fun and can't wait to hear your reviews :applause: but pack your umbrellas. We're due for some more wet weather on Saturday.:thumbsdown:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Well - it's almost here! I may not have much time to post before I leave VERY early in the morning to fly to L.A. to meet Cami and Soda. I'm really sorry for all of you who wanted to go but aren't able to. I'm always super excited to be able to see Glenn perform, of course, and would love it if all of you could be right there with us!

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Have a safe trip Dreamer, and a great time. (I know you will!)

Wildthyme
02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Well I am just about ready to hit the road for L.A.. Dreamer and Soda, I will see you tomorrow morning! Hollywood (and Glenn) here I come!! Woooo hooo!

sodascouts
02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Drive safe, Cami! I'm off at 5:00 am tomorrow. This is gonna be awesome!

luvthelighthouse
02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I feel so excited for you ladies! You are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to hear the antics that will ensue! Remember, if by any chance Glenn should talk to you Soda, (since ya'll are buddies =) ) Ask him who sang, "you in so trouble boy". Eagle minds want to know, I want to know! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Ask him who sang, "you in so trouble boy". Eagle minds want to know, I want to know! :hilarious:

Yeah, like he'd remember!:hilarious:

Cami, I'm so happy for you. Not only do you get to see Glenn perform but you get to meet two of the nicest folks on the Border! Wait - they're lucky too! They get to meet you! Safe trip!

Molly
02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Ladies, have a safe and wonderful trip.

Cami and Nancy...good luck keeping dreamer under control.

dreamer, remember to give Glenn on of these for me...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/10_1_261.gif

Ooops! Wrong emoticon. I meant :hug:

:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 05:24 PM
:rofl:

Get enough tequila sunrises in her and I'll bet you were right the first time!

Peekaboo
02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
:rofl:

Get enough tequila sunrises in her and I'll bet you were right the first time!

Wouldn't that be a story to tell. "I had so many tequila sunrises that I flashed Glenn Frey who sang Tequila Sunrise."

Ladies, travel safe, have a wonderful time, and try not to have so many tequila sunrise drinks. :)

Troubadour
02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I am buzzing with excitement just reading this thread! SO thrilled for you all. Can't wait to hear all about it. I don't need to tell you ladies to have a blast. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm off at 5:00 am tomorrow. This is gonna be awesome!

Soda, I may not get another chance, so please travel safely and have a great time! Can't wait to hear from you!

Freypower
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I am buzzing with excitement just reading this thread! SO thrilled for you all. Can't wait to hear all about it. I don't need to tell you ladies to have a blast. :thumbsup:

It's always exciting when Glenn steps back into the light - especially after a particularly prolonged quiet period from him (it seems to me) and it's great that we have some dedicated Borderers to tell us all about it.

StephUK
02-18-2010, 08:10 PM
For the past few years, Will has been part of Glenn's backing band for full-fledged solo shows. However, he hasn't appeared at the stripped-down ensemble benefits like this one. I'm unsure whether or not he joins Glenn for corporate shows on a regular basis, if at all.

I Know Will plays in Glenn's band & I remembered Will being part of Glenn's band at the Crosslake show in 2008(that was a charity show wasn't it?), so I just wondered if he would be doing this show.
I guess it might also depend on what else he's involved with at the moment, 'cos although he has the major comittment of the Eagles shows, Will still seems to fit in other projects(like session work & Dancing with the Stars etc). I think he must be a workaholic.

Freypower
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't think Crosslake was for charity. It was a full-blown concert, hence the full band including Will.

Wildthyme
02-19-2010, 02:07 AM
So I am about 150 miles out of L.A. and spending the night at a motel in a little town called Buttonwillow. It took about 9 hours to get here. It was a long but uneventful drive and I just cranked up my music and cruised down the road. That's one of the good things about I-5 through central California. Its long and straight and you can drive pretty fast and make some good time.

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Have a wonderful time ladies travel safely and take care of yourselves. Like the others I'll be dying to see some new pics and to hear how it all went. Tell Glenn :heart: I love him........ :wink:

:bye:

Wildthyme
02-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Well Dreamer did a great job picking a hotel for us... We are right across the street from The Sunset Grill! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Well... I've just managed to read through this entire thread for the first time and I am very happy for you three ladies (Soda, Dreamer, WT)!!!

I'm glad you've all arrived safely. Yes, indeed, Dreamer has picked the perfect hotel for sure. :nod: :wink:

GA let me know a while ago that Glenn :heart: is performing tomorrow, so I thought of him and needed to get up-to-date with this story today!

I'm sure you will all have a super time. I hope you get to meet up with Glenn :heart: and at least chat to him for a few minutes. I know he will be glad to see you all again.

WT, is this your first time going to a Glenn :heart: solo show? (Excuse my ignorance if you have mentioned this before elsewhere on The Border, but I'm a bit behind!)

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
WT, thanks for the updates and keep 'em comin'!

We'll take any scraps you throw us...really...

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Just heard from Soda--rough start this morning. A semi wreck in front of her and got stuck in a snowdrift in parking lot but she has made her flight on time. She's just hoping her suitcase made it also! She's promised to keep us up to date also.

I'm just so excited for them and us! :lol:

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Good deal - now we just have to see them to LAX!

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
She just texted--she has landed in Chicago!

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Willie, does she have any more stops?

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
I think she told me it's straight thru from here.

Mrs Frey
02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Gosh, Soda's trip so far sounds scary! :shock:

I'm glad she's okay, though, and that she landed safely in Chicago.

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I heard we're supposed to get some snow here Sun - Mon. Maybe she'll have to stay in L.A. with Glenn!

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 02:12 PM
:hilarious: The hardship she will have to endure!

sodascouts
02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, we're all here now and about to walk over to the Sunset Grill for lunch! We'll keep ya updated!

Troubadour
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Glad you arrived in one piece, Nancy, despite the less-than-perfect start! Enjoy lunch at the Sunset Grill. "All our friends are here..." (in spirit, anyway) ;)

The gig is getting closer and closer! Bet you can hardly contain yourselves.

Freypower
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
We are certainly there in spirit. Have a good time. Let him know we care. :rockon: :heart: :applause:

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM
:singer: Let's go down to the Sunset Grill... :rockguitar:

ticky
02-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Cami sent this picture to me. She said it's where they were having lunch AND it's right across the street from the hotel! (Notice what's next door too *G*)
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/sunsetgrill.jpg

Super Frey
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh that's cool:thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-20-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm so jazzed about tomorrow I can barely stand it! We're getting ready to go to bed now but of course I just had to see what was happening on the Border. ;) We'll be sure to report everything!

Koala
02-20-2010, 03:19 AM
That is so cool! a Sunset Grill in the near , perfect!

I'm so excited for you, I can hardly expect to hear anything about the show and hopefully we can also admire a couple of pictures!

MikeA
02-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Cami sent this picture to me. She said it's where they were having lunch AND it's right across the street from the hotel! (Notice what's next door too *G*)

Heap Big Toy Store! Me Spend Big Money!

Stars
02-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Can't wait to hear all about it! I am so enjoying following along on these adventures. Wish I had been able to go, but duty calls (work today and then a get together with some old friends tomorrow) Hopefully, next time!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Heard from Nancy a few hours ago. They were heading over to the Hollywood sign and then getting ready for something going on tonight. :hilarious: Can't wait to hear from them next!!!

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Awwwww! Once again, thinking of y'all and wishing I was there. Have a great night. Dying to hear the reviews and see the pics....

GlennLover
02-21-2010, 12:40 AM
So am I!!! They would be there now!! :drummer: :guitar::rockguitar:
:partytime: :jealous: :sigh: The anticipation is killing me!