PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in San Jose, CA May 1, 2010

ticky
02-08-2010, 07:01 PM
May 1: San Jose, CA
Venue: HP Pavillion

Tickets go on sale Feb. 22

Hope you don't mind that I posted this Soda :) I just got the notice in my email...

(oops this is Cami, not Rhonda... I forgot she was the one logged in lol)

sodascouts
02-09-2010, 02:53 AM
I certainly don't mind - I've been rather busy today and haven't had a chance to be diligent about postings. Thanks for the heads up!

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh SODA!!!! I LOVE your sig! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks! I don't have a Valentine myself but at least I can make a festive banner! lol

Perfect Little Sister
02-13-2010, 12:39 AM
I told my son about this and suggested he might like to take me for his birthday.

He laughed.:lol:

ticky
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Okay,... up untill now I have been mild mannered and reserved about this concert. I have always had plans to attend but want to reserve my excitement till I had purchased my tickets and plans had been made...
ahem...

I GOT THE FRIGGIN TICKETS!!!!! I GOT EM I GOT EM I GOT EM!!!! YAY!!!!!! WOOOOOOO YIPEEEE!!!! IM GOIN TO SAN JOSE!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!! (much great, lurid and wild happy naked dancing) :partytime::nahnah::thumbsup::soda::drool::band: :grooving: :censored:

(I dunno what kind of seating I've got since it's via the JWFC but I'm promised that it's "The Best" and the tickets are at Will Call)

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea Ticky!!!

You Go Girl!

Troubadour
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Glad the tickets arrived safely. I am so psyched, I can't even describe it. I can't wait to see your excitement for real, Rhonda! ;) :partytime: :headbang::rockguitar::thud::woah::spin::fainted:

(I rarely use multiple emoticons, but this occasion definitely calls for indulgence!)

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I can't wait to see your excitement for real, Rhonda!

Rhonda is a trip and I would give almost anything to see her at this concert!

Peekaboo
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM
WOOO HOOOO!!! Rhonda, I can already tell that this is gonna be a very memorable concert. Can't wait to meet up with you and Cami.

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been thinking the same thing PM! I think it would be almost as entertaining watching Rhonda!

BTW- Girls I insist that you guys get a picture of all of you together and remember---there's nothing wrong with a little happy naked dancing amongst excited Eagle concert going friends!!!:unimpressed:

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
BTW- Girls I insist that you guys get a picture of all of you together and remember---there's nothing wrong with a little happy naked dancing amongst excited Eagle concert going friends!!!:unimpressed:

Yeah, but you don't have to post the happy naked dancing ones - really...you don't...

ticky
02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Okay.. no happy naked dancing photos... but maybe some artists renderings?

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Okay.. no happy naked dancing photos... but maybe some artists renderings?

Are they going to look like stick people? Naked stick people are okay.

TimothyBFan
02-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgdK_3fU-sU

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Was she spanking her a** in that? :hilarious:

Troubadour
02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Okay... Jess and I have some exciting news. We have purchased two tickets for the May 1st show through ILAA... Front row guaranteed!!!! I am still freaking out as I write this. Yes, it was expensive, but we've both saved really hard for this trip. And it's unlikely we'll get the opportunity again. We held on tight and went for it!

This whole thing still feels so surreal. Meeting up with Rhonda, Nancy & Cami on the 30th and then having these seats secured for the second night... To paraphrase Glenn, how lucky can a girl be? ;) I just wish we could take all of you along with us.

TimothyBFan
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Again I will say it---I'm just so happy and excited for all of you and can't wait for all the wonderful things that will come out of this experience.

Koala
03-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Lou, that's all so great! I am really happy and excited for you and Jess! It sounds as though you will have a fantastic time!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow Lou and Jess - I am SO happy for both of you. I know exactly how you are feeling and this will be an experience that the two of you will never forget!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
WONDERFUL!!!! CONGRATS!!!! First row is an unforgettable experience (unless they stick you WAY out on the end)!

Brooke
03-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Troub and Peek, this is fantastic news! You're going to have such a wonderful experience. And meeting up with everyone will be such fun! :yay:

Troubadour
03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
WONDERFUL!!!! CONGRATS!!!! First row is an unforgettable experience (unless they stick you WAY out on the end)!

Yeah, that would suck. I've just sent a nice little email to ILAA, requesting seats just left of center... or basically anywhere we'll be able to see Mr. Henley well! It has obviously worked for others (Steph, FFL) in the past. Here's hoping.

Thanks for sharing in our excitement, guys - April can't come soon enough!

Troubadour
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Update: ILAA responded and said that they have put a note on my order and that they will do their best. Keep everything crossed!

Stars
03-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and Jess, Lou!:nod:

eaglesvet
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Excellent news for all of you! And how could they deny someone traveling sooo far to see her favorite band? I'm sure they will honor your request, Lou! And Jess will benefit by association!

Troubadour
03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Let's hope so, EV! I'll admit, I did play the "flying over from England for this show" card...

Prettymaid
03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I see that I have not properly replied to the recent news of the front row seats...

Yea!!! Woo Hoo!!! Way To Go!!! :blueblob::yay::yay::blueblob::mrgreen:

Troubadour
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Cathy!

I've just finalised my flights. I'll be arriving in the States on the 22nd of April, and leaving on the 13th of May. It's all getting so close now!

Peekaboo
03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Although I haven't been logged on here for a few weeks, Lou and I have been keeping in touch and I wanted to post in this thread now while I have the chance. I'm so incredibly excited about this trip. First, Lou gets to come back to the States. Second, we will be going on an adventurous road trip with as many Eagley destinations as possible. Third, we get to meet up with a few other Borderers. Fourth, two Eagles concerts two nights in a row. Last but not least.....FRONT ROW!!!! This is going to be an amazing trip. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
03-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I didn't see the part about keeping an online journal of the trip with pictures of everything Eagle related for all the people that will be living vicariously thru the both of you! You will be doing that of course-right?:hilarious:

Troubadour
03-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Of course we will. That's half the fun! ;)

Prettymaid
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Lou,is there any way you can stop by, oh...say Chicago...on your way home so that Willie and I can meet you? :hilarious:

Troubadour
03-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Aw, I so wish I could!

Peekaboo
03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I didn't see the part about keeping an online journal of the trip with pictures of everything Eagle related for all the people that will be living vicariously thru the both of you! You will be doing that of course-right?:hilarious:

:nod: Trust me, Willie, this trip will be thoroughly documented. There will be before, after, and during pics of the whole trip ESPECIALLY of the concerts.

Lou,is there any way you can stop by, oh...say Chicago...on your way home so that Willie and I can meet you? :hilarious:
Here's what you need to do. You and Willie need to hop in a car and drive to Oklahoma and come on the road trip with us. It could be the Borderer Road Trip. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Here's what you need to do. You and Willie need to hop in a car and drive to Oklahoma and come on the road trip with us. It could be the Borderer Road Trip. :hilarious:

Aw, I so wish I could. :cry:

TimothyBFan
03-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Me too. :nod:

sodascouts
03-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Guess who just got seventh row tickets, Floor 1, right on the aisle (putting us right between Joe and Glenn)? Me and PLS, that's who!

WOOOT!!!!

carol7lynn
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Way to Gooooooo!

Carol-Lynn

EagleLady
03-20-2010, 10:44 AM
:yay:

Brooke
03-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Sodameister strikes again! :cool:

03-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Yep - Not bad, Nanc, not bad at all! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
03-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I am im-pressed! :bow:

Troubadour
03-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Woot! That's fantastic! :yay: Thrilled for you, and can't wait to meet you there.

TimothyBFan
03-22-2010, 07:59 AM
So glad to hear that!!! Quite a bunch in San Jose! Those Eagles won't know what hit them!

Stars
03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Can't wait to read everyone's impressions of this concert!!:partytime:

Wildthyme
03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
So Soda, you and PLS are going on to the show on the 1st and not the 30th?

sodascouts
03-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Don't worry - we'll show up on the 30th too! ;)

ticky
03-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Whew.. YAY!!!! WOOO!!!!

Peekaboo
03-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Guess who just got seventh row tickets, Floor 1, right on the aisle (putting us right between Joe and Glenn)? Me and PLS, that's who!

WOOOT!!!!

AWESOME!! Now i'm even more excited about this trip. The more the merrier!! It's gonna be a blast!! Can't wait to meet up with everybody! 37 days and counting. :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
FYI-April 30th-Friday Night's show:

Listen up Border-Babes: Nancy and company-heads up! I noticed this afternoon that they are now starting to drop floor seats-middle section row 14 for this show. Stay tuned-I'll bet on Friday better seats will start dropping. Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, CL!

carol7lynn
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Your welcome Nancy. Hope you get good seats. I'm crossing my fingers, toes and even my eyes for you.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Glennsallnighter
04-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Its not long now Girls, eh, 3 weeks!!

'The Border moves to San Jose'

I just HOPE San Jose is ready!!!!!!

Troubadour
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Yep. Hotel rooms are booked! It's so exciting!

Peekaboo
04-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm so ready for this road trip to happen. It couldn't come at a better time. I'm ready to get on the road. I'm ready to take some time off from work. I'm ready to see the EAGLES!! Although, I think my excitement and anxiety of making sure everything is ready before we leave is starting to mesh together. I know my car is gonna be all ready to go but I'm still freaking out about it NOT being ready and I've been having some crazy scary dreams. I've already had a dream about being incredibly lost on our way to the venue and now I've had a dream that we were denied our front row seats. Talk about a nightmare :shock:.

Troubadour
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I know the feeling, Jess! I think we both need to take a deep breath and relax. It's going to be AMAZING!

AzEaglesFan
04-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh Jess, was so glad to read your post, that has been my nightmare every since I received my tickets, that I will get to the show on the 21st and they will tell me they are no good. I will seriously go postal.:evil:

sodascouts
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I remember before the Cincinnati show I had a nightmare that I would arrive and be told the show was sold out - and I would have to stand in the cold while Willie and her daughter Katie went in without me! Turned out I got 5th row center. Those dreams do nothing but gives us gray hairs! :(

TimothyBFan
04-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I didn't know that Nancy. Katie and I would of snuck you in under our coats some way. I promise!! :hilarious:

Peekaboo
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
It's a little comforting to know that I'm not the only one that is having/has had these freaking out moments and dreams. It eases my mind a bit. What doesn't ease my mind is my supervisors ganging up on me about how i'm NOT going to be able to go on this trip. Many of them have found out that I'll be leaving soon and they are starting to tease me even after i've gotten the okay from my boss that all should work out just fine and I'll get my RDO's (requested days off). It's all in good fun of course but you guys should've seen the look on my face the first time one of them said that I was denied my RDO's because NO ONE is allowed to use an RDO because of the big promotions that we now have every Sunday. I think I nearly had a heart attack. They got me once...okay they got me twice, maybe three times...but now i'm finally starting to get used to it. Now it's kind of a running joke when I'm at work. "Hey Jessica, I just saw on CNN that there are earthquakes all over California and it has now broken off from the rest of the U.S." "Jessica did you hear that starting in two weeks gas is supposed to go up to over $7 a gallon?" "We've lost your RDO paperwork and now it's too late to fill them out again. Sorry, but it looks like you can't go to California." They've even got some of the "regulars" teasing me too. I think all of this teasing and joking around just makes it all more exciting especially since it's only a couple of weeks away.

sodascouts
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
"Hey Jessica, I just saw on CNN that there are earthquakes all over California and it has now broken off from the rest of the U.S."

LOL! As if that would stop us. ;)

It's all part of the build-up - don't stress - enjoy it! You'll have PEW soon enough. Shake off those nightmares and relish that anticipation.

Peekaboo
04-15-2010, 01:56 AM
LOL! As if that would stop us. ;)

Oh, absolutely NOT!! I don't think there's much at all that can stop us.

The latest gag they tried to pull on me at work was "Jessica, I hate to tell you this but I just saw on the news that the Eagles have broken up. I'm so sorry." I knew it wasn't true but a small piece of my heart broke just wondering for a split second if that was actually true. :wink:

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 06:59 AM
How about volcanic ash blowing over to us and therefore closing every airport in the UK? Sadly not a joke!!! Thank goodness it didn't wait another week to erupt.

TimothyBFan
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Wow Louise! I bet that's freaking you out just a bit!! Don't worry---it will all be fine when the time comes. To many positive thoughts from this board for the fates to mess with this trip for all of you!! :nod:

Prettymaid
04-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Wow Louise! I bet that's freaking you out just a bit!! Don't worry---it will all be fine when the time comes. To many positive thoughts from this board for the fates to mess with this trip for all of you!! :nod:

I like the way you put that, Willie. It's true - kinda like the power of prayer. :angel:

04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Yep ladies - just relax and take a deep breath, no need to worry!

Of course, it's easy for me to say, but, believe me, I've definitely been in your shoes before. Wish I could join all of you this time, but after going to see Glenn in February, and then the guys announced their show in D.C. in June, it's a little hard for me to justify the trip. :sad:

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll admit I am a little worried at the moment. All UK flights have been cancelled, and some in Europe, until at least 7am tomorrow morning. They will review the situation at 8pm tonight, but some experts are saying it could cause problems for days or weeks. It cannot affect this trip!!! :pray: :(

Brooke
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh no, Troub! Surely everything will be ok by tomorrow. :pray::pray::pray:

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Well, they have just announced that NATS has extended the closure of UK airspace until 1pm tomorrow. That's at the earliest. Even when the airspace is opened, there will be a huge backlog of flights. I can't handle the stress! Keep on wishing that big ol' cloud of ash away with me.

Brooke
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
So, have I missed a world event? What happened Troub?

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
A volcano erupted in Iceland on Tuesday, and the ash has drifted in our direction (it is currently settled over the UK.) The volcanic ash can be extremely dangerous to aircraft engines, so all flights have been grounded. British airspace is closed, and it is extending to the rest of Europe. I don't think this has ever happened before.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/apr/15/iceland-volcano-flights-disruption?CMP=AFCYAH

Brooke
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Ah ha! I just read about it on MSN and remembered hearing about it on the news. Wow!

When are/were you planning to leave?

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
My flight is scheduled for Thursday 22nd. I mean, the likelihood is that things will be up and running again by then... it's a week away... but the news isn't saying much. Except that NATS will re-assess the situation at 2.30pm tomorrow. Other 'experts' have said they don't think aircraft will be flying for the next two to three days. It could be a close-call. Keep everything crossed.

sodascouts
04-15-2010, 05:44 PM
If your flight is delayed, that sucks, but you can always take a later one. As long as you get to America in time for the shows!

Hopefully StephUK left before all this occurred.

Glennsallnighter
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Its the same over here. All flights grounded until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. Hang in Troub. You've GOTTA believe that this time next week you'll be in Texas. Fingers, Toes and everything else are crossed! :hug:

Prettymaid
04-15-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/b/blowing-emoticon.gif http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/b/blowing-emoticon.gif http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/b/blowing-emoticon.gif

Here we are, blowing that ash away!

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 06:11 PM
LOL!!

Awww, thank you for that laugh, Cathy. I needed that!

04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Yep - Hang in there, Troub. Hopefully, the airlines will be back in full swing within a couple of days. This time next week, you'll be here in the states! :hug: :pray:

Freypower
04-15-2010, 06:25 PM
I desperately hope you will be OK. We aren't going to the UK until September and we're a bit concerned.

Peekaboo
04-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh man!! Now I know I was freaking out when I read Lou's text a couple hours ago. I can only imagine how she's feeling right now. Why does everything have to be so challenging for us right now? All we want is to see the Eagles in concert. Is that so much to ask?

Lou, we just gotta breath. It's all going to work out.

Koala
04-16-2010, 01:39 AM
When I heard about it yesterday, I had to immediately think of Troub and Steph! I hope Steph was not affected!
Troub, my Fingers crossed that you can fly as planned to the States!

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks all. Most UK flights are grounded until 1am Saturday now, but some transatlantic flights are departing from Dublin, Glasgow and Edinburgh, which is a good sign. Let's keep hoping.

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I sent out all the MSG dvds on Wednesday at lunchtime. My guess is that they are still waiting here in Dublin!!

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Steph said in the other thread that she was flying out on Wednesday so hopefully she made it out in the knick of time!

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm glad Steph got there okay.

Honestly? I'm in the 'I want to cry' phase right now. I know I should be positive, but things aren't looking great for the next few days. Deep breaths... :sad:

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
The news is saying that restrictions are likely to be in place into the weekend, but I have just been onto the American Airlines website and it says all passengers due to travel between the 16th and 22nd (the date I am scheduled to fly) have the option to rebook free of charge as long as travel will be completed before the 30th. Earlier on, it said passengers due to travel on the 16th and 17th. It's not looking good. I don't know what to do. We don't know when there will be windows for travel. It could be okay on Thursday 22nd, and then restricted again after that... I am so stressed! :(

Anyway, I need sleep. I guess we'll see if there are any changes by the morning.

Glennhoney
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
..just to say..you're in my thoughts...I'd be going crazy...hopefully you will be able to fly out as scheduled...:thumbsup:

Troubadour
04-17-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks, GH. I'm sorry to sound so down about things - I'm trying to keep positive, but I just feel sick at the thought of not being able to make the shows! I spoke to someone who was caught up in all this disruption - she was flying back from Washington to Heathrow, but they had to land in Paris. They had to organise their own accommodation and find their own way back home. She has lost £500, and had an awful journey on the ferry. She did say though, that she thinks things should be okay by Thursday. Apparently she spoke to airport staff and they said that cancelled flights are being rebooked for Thursday/Friday. Just keeping everything crossed.

Prettymaid
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Lou, I can read the pain in your posts and I'm thinking about to now. You have every right to feel the way you do. However, it doesn't do you any good to stress out (it won't change anything) and you just gotta have faith. :hug:

Troubadour
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Cathy. I was stressing yesterday, but I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't ruin today too by worrying unduly. You're absolutely right - I can't change anything. One of my friends (she's the kind I'd quite like to be prime minister - straight-talking and knowledgeable!) has reassured me that things should be fine by Thursday and that the airlines are probably offering the chance for people to cancel and rebook so that they have less passengers to deal with this week once the airspace opens again. That makes sense.

In short, of course I am concerned, but I feel much better today. I can't do anything but keep an eye on things and stay positive. I still have quite a few days in which the situation can change.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. :hug:

04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Hang in there, Troub! One way or another, I'm sure everything is gonna work out for ya!!! :thumbsup:

Stars
04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Keep on keeping the faith, Troub! I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. I am sure you will get over here and make it to the concerts!:partytime:

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Here's the latest on Lou's flight concerns.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-04-16-volcano-flight-disruptions-worse_N.htm

Troubadour
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for linking to that article, PM. That's probably the most optimistic assessment of the situation that I have read yet. The test flights results are definitely 'a glimmer of hope', as I heard on the news earlier.

I am feeling much more positive today. My thinking now is that, even if I can't get the flight on Thursday, I still have what should be plenty of time to get to California in time for the shows. An internal flight from Dallas to San Francisco only takes a couple of hours (that's if I am forced to miss out on the first bit of the drive from OK to San Jose.) American Airlines will refund or allow me to rebook my flight free of charge. I can always extend my stay.

So, fingers crossed for Thursday, but, if it is a no-go, I still have options.

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Lou, when were you and Jess planning on leaving Oklahoma for you drive to CA?

Troubadour
04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I think Jess mentioned the 27th.

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks for linking to that article, PM. That's probably the most optimistic assessment of the situation that I have read yet. The test flights results are definitely 'a glimmer of hope', as I heard on the news earlier.

I am feeling much more positive today. My thinking now is that, even if I can't get the flight on Thursday, I still have what should be plenty of time to get to California in time for the shows. An internal flight from Dallas to San Francisco only takes a couple of hours (that's if I am forced to miss out on the first bit of the drive from OK to San Jose.) American Airlines will refund or allow me to rebook my flight free of charge. I can always extend my stay.

So, fingers crossed for Thursday, but, if it is a no-go, I still have options.

You DO Lou, and of all the flights effected those going west will have the greatest chance of clearing first once air space reopens. Your trip may not go EXACTLY as planned but I have no doubt that if you have to swim across the Atlantic you WILL make both shows. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, the progression of this situation has been almost impossible to predict. Things weren't looking very good last night, but I have just watched the lunchtime news and it appears that things could be on the up! The volcanic activity has been decreasing dramatically over the morning, and now it is basically dormant - no new ash is being produced. Lord Adonis, our Secretary of State for Transport, said that, if the situation stays the same, we should be able to get some flights out tomorrow. A volcanologist said "if it stays this way, the volcanic ash crisis will be over." Scientists think that, despite the fact there are still some tremors underground, the worst is over. Even if the volcano continues to erupt, they think it will produce lava, rather than the copious amounts of ash we have seen. Lava obviously wouldn't affect air travel - it's the fact that it exploded under a glacier that has caused the ash and affected air travel.

In short, of course there is a possibility that things could change and we could be back to square one... but all indications are that we are over the worst. Keep on hoping, and thanks again for all your positive thoughts!

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Some more promising news... NATS has now said that Scotland, Ireland, and the north of England will open their airspace from 7am tomorrow (BST). The south of England (where I am) and Wales should open later in the day. Obviously volcanoes can be unpredictable and there is still some concern that the situation could change, but right now, it's looking good. Even if my flight on Thursday is delayed - I don't care! As long as the airspace is open and I can get to the States before the middle of next week, I will be happy.

TimothyBFan
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
This is positive news!! It's gonna be alright but just in case, I have my fingers, legs and eyes crossed for ya!

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Keep the good thoughts coming for Troub everybody. We need her at the concerts! :thumbsup:

Koala
04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
This are good news!!! My Fingers crossed!

Brooke
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Mine, too. Everyone take a big deep breath and blow!

Best of luck, Troub!

Freypower
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Good Luck Lou!!:grouphug:

(If nothing else we want our mail from the UK - letters from my mother-in-law, Private Eye, FourFourTwo - and I don't want to make any more bookings for our trip until the planes are back in the sky)!

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Lou!!!!!! I can feel it in my bones....... you're gonna make it.....

:nod::nod::nod:

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh, you'll get to your shows in time, but I wish you didn't have to worry about Thursday's flight.

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM
This is positive news!! It's gonna be alright but just in case, I have my fingers, legs and eyes crossed for ya!

I can see you now... lookin' good, girl! ;) :hilarious:

Seriously though - thanks again. You're all making this a lot more bearable!

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm confused Willie. I thought girls who wanted to get lucky kept their legs uncrossed. :hilarious:

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
LOL, Cathy!

True to the unpredictable nature of volcanoes... the bloody thing has started spewing a new ash cloud towards the UK, which may affect some of tomorrow's flight plans. At this stage, I almost want to laugh, although I don't think there's anything I'd find less funny! I guess it shows how quickly things can change and how dynamic the situation is. Once again, all I can do is hope and pray and watch and wait. It could all change again overnight.

sodascouts
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Man, Troub, what an emotional roller-coaster for you! But like Willie, I feel in my bones it'll all turn out OK.

TimothyBFan
04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I'm confused Willie. I thought girls who wanted to get lucky kept their legs uncrossed. :hilarious:

See---look at the sacrifices I'm willing to make to get Louise over here to the states!!!:hilarious:

04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
See---look at the sacrifices I'm willing to make to get Louise over here to the states!!!:hilarious:

Hmmm - I mean, don't get me wrong - I want Lou to get over here as much as the rest of you, but I'm gonna have to really think hard about this one! :twisted: :lol:

Prettymaid
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
It's gonna be alright but just in case, I have my... legs... crossed for ya!

Yeah, poor Larry! :wink:

TimothyBFan
04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah, poor Larry! :wink:

For both our sakes... I sure hope she let's me know as soon as she lands in the states! :heybaby:

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Argh, the responsibility!

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
OMG... Just read that all UK airports are due to reopen at 10pm tonight! (In 45 minutes time!) OMG! I was not expecting that! Obviously there are still some small restrictions, and it will be up to individual airlines to schedule flights etc... But this is awesome news!!!!

(As it stands, American Airlines hasn't cancelled or altered my itinerary. In fact, they sent me an email earlier saying they were looking forward to seeing me on board! Everything crossed that, amazingly, I'll be able to get out to the States on Thursday, as planned.)

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Well I'm looking forward to you texting me on Thursday to say you are just about to Board! Thats wonderful about the airports. I just hope the volcano stays quiet for another few days and that you get safely to Texas.

Seriously, though..... I'm delighted it should all be ok.

:yay:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Oh, and I LOVE your new av.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
it appears that things could be on the up! !

Once its your plane on the up I'm happy Lou!

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Good Luck Lou!!:grouphug:

(If nothing else we want our mail from the UK - letters from my mother-in-law, Private Eye, FourFourTwo - and I don't want to make any more bookings for our trip until the planes are back in the sky)!

And your Paris postcards FP! I finally got to mail them in Dublin last Wednesday, but somehow I doubt they've left the country!

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Awww, thanks Lisa. :hug: I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be too badly affected by any delays, but as it stands, this is fantastic news!

As for the av... all compliments to Soda. Isn't it adorable? :inlove:

Prettymaid
04-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Adorable indeed Rapid Avatar Changer. And your news is excellent!

Freypower
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
And your Paris postcards FP! I finally got to mail them in Dublin last Wednesday, but somehow I doubt they've left the country!

Good heavens, thank you GA. I assumed they just never got here like the ones you sent from Belfast. I didn't know you hadn't actually sent them yet.

Troub, I have been thinking of you and my mood goes up and down depending on the news. Now I'm finally hoping it might be OK. Enjoy. This guy :drummer: wants you to :fainted: and :smitten: !!!

Troubadour
04-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Oh, I'll definitely be doing a lot of that, FP!

Well - I still can't quite believe it, but I woke up this morning to see planes in the sky, and the news is reporting that ALL British airports are now open. Confirmed bookings on scheduled flights are the priority (that's me!) and BA says it will operate all long-haul flights today. American Airlines said last night it will fly a 'limited number' today, but my itinerary is still the same and I have just checked the flight status and for my flight it says... ON TIME! I'm putting my last minute touches to the packing, and getting ready to set off to Heathrow early tomorrow morning. Just keep everything crossed that all continues to go smoothly. I can't wait to be safely on board!

TimothyBFan
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif So happy for you!!!!

Prettymaid
04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
(Ahem) This just in:

British airports were opened this morning when it was revealed that a young woman was planning to fly to the western United States this Thursday to see the American band, the Eagles. When asked, a representative of NATS stated that this piece of news was instrumental in getting the aiports opened in a timely manner. "There was no way we could deny this woman her dream to see the Eagles. We simply had to open the airports so that she could make her flight."

:partytime: :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
04-21-2010, 08:28 AM
:hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I too am delighted as you know Lou! I'll just keep hoping that everything remains on schedule and that there will be no last minute hitches. I think we have all stressed enough! You deserve a trouble free trip

PM! Hilarious!! Though yesterday Lou and I were seriously considering getting Don to send a lear over to the UK as soon as he could if Lou's flight didn't go as planned.

Yep Julie! Sorry a few 'life' issues took over when I returned! So I only got them posted last week. Hopefully you'll get them soon!

Stars
04-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Yea Lou! Have a wonderful, safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about the concert, and from the first row!!!:partytime::headbang::yay:

eaglesvet
04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif So happy for you!!!!

Cool emoticons...where did they come from?

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I felt it in my gut that you'd make it. Still keeping my fingers crosseed until you touch down on US soil. The guys shouldn't make it so stressful to see them!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Cool emoticons...where did they come from?

Love this site....

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Troubadour
04-21-2010, 12:01 PM
(Ahem) This just in:

British airports were opened this morning when it was revealed that a young woman was planning to fly to the western United States this Thursday to see the American band, the Eagles. When asked, a representative of NATS stated that this piece of news was instrumental in getting the aiports opened in a timely manner. "There was no way we could deny this woman her dream to see the Eagles. We simply had to open the airports so that she could make her flight."

LOL! Love it!!

It's almost 5pm here, and I'm pretty much ready to go. My flight is at 10.25 tomorrow (Thursday) morning, but I will need to be there a couple of hours before. Most of you will be in bed when I begin the drive to Heathrow! So, assuming there are no last-minute changes, I should be in Dallas at 2.25pm tomorrow, local time. Then meeting Jess in Oklahoma City at 6pm. I'm finally allowing myself to get excited. I am just itching to touch down on US soil!

Thanks once more for your optimism - particularly when I wasn't feeling very positive myself!

04-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Okay PM - that was just cute!

And Lou :yay: :yay: - best of luck. Hope you have a safe, smooth, uneventful, and on-time flight tomorrow. I've still got my fingers and toes crossed for you, but decided against the legs thing! :lol:

Koala
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Troub, I'am so happy and exited for you! Have a safe flight!

Molly
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Safe flight, Troub!

Prettymaid
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Lou, I'm just home for lunch now and then I'm back to work, so this may be my last opportunity to wish you a safe trip. You know where my thoughts will be tomorrow. :wink: Keep us posted when you can and most importantly, have a wonderful time!

EagleLady
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Have Fun Lou :hug:

sodascouts
04-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Have a safe trip, Lou! I can't wait to meet you!

Brooke
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
:yay: for you Troub! Be safe and have a wonderful time!

Freypower
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Hear hear! Let's see if this works:

http://bestsmileys.com/globes/4.gif

Prettymaid
04-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Excellent FP. :applause:

Troubadour
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I am loving all these cool new emoticons and animated pics you guys are finding!

Just a quick message. It's almost 5.30am and I'm about to jump in the bath. Just had to come online to do one last check on my flight status, both on the American Airlines website and on Heathrow Airport's live departures board... I'm still scheduled to leave at 10.25am, and the flight is currently 'on time'. Yippee! I'll be in America this evening!

Thanks for all your well-wishes - I'll be thinking of you all when I'm up in the air.

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Well Lou texted me aout half an hour ago just as she was boarding. So its all systems go!

I'd say she's in the air now.

BON VOYAGE.

:bye: :bye:

TimothyBFan
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
:yay::yay:http://bestsmileys.com/cars/1.gif (I do hope her plane is bigger than this one tho!)

Prettymaid
04-22-2010, 07:44 AM
GA, thanks for letting us know. I hopped on board as soon as I woke up to see if she'd made it! :yay:

Stars
04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
So glad to hear that Lou is on board and on her way over! YEA!:blueblob::applause::grin:

Prettymaid
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Lou, I wish we could all be there to greet you when you get off that plane!

Peekaboo
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I have finally gotten the chance to log on here. I just now got home and before unpacking I had to check in here. I was back in my hometown over the past couple of days and was having trouble with the internet at my parents house. I've been dying to get on here and check out the latest news, reviews and pics on the recent concerts. But first things first...Lou is on her way. I'll be picking her up in OKC in just a few short hours. You guys have no idea how relieved i am that things are finally starting to go as planned. This past week has been so stressful :brickwall:. I've been getting everything I can prepared for the road trip and wondering whether or not Lou would be able to make it here was driving me crazy. I'm so excited about everything but I don't think I can get completely excited until Lou gets here and then I'll know that we will for reals be on our way to Cali. While I have a few hours till I leave for the airport, I need to do some serious spring cleaning. I'll be checking in again soon.

luvthelighthouse
04-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm so jazzed for all of you going... and especially for Troub, since she seemed to have the most hassle making sure it would happen. You ladies are going to have a blast!!!

sodascouts
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Great to hear from you, Jess, and be sure to let us know when you've hooked up with Lou!

Troubadour
04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm on my phone so it's just a quick one to say I'm in Dallas!!! You have no idea how HAPPY I am to be here. Waiting for the plane to OKC now, should start boarding in about 30 mins. I'm so excited! Thanks again for all your thoughts while I was on my way.

Prettymaid
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the States Lou!!! :partytime:

sodascouts
04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, welcome to the good ol' USA!!

ticky
04-22-2010, 07:23 PM
just got a txt from Jess about 3 minutes ago. Lou's there and safe! Yay!! let Lou and Jess's BIG adventure begin!!

luvthelighthouse
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah!!! Let the games begin! I can't wait for all the reviews!

Koala
04-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Lou, I'am so glad that you in the States now!
Have fun! Can't wait to hear everything about your trip!

Stars
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Troub, so glad you arrived here safe and sound! Have a fantastic time-can't wait to hear all about the concerts, and of course all your other adventures with Jess!:partytime::thumbsup::blueblob:

Molly
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Enjoy, ladies! I remember the first time I met up with fellow fans-it was wonderful.