PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Seattle, WA May 13 (rescheduled to May 26)

sodascouts
02-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Thursday May 13, 2010
Seattle, WA - Key Arena
AMEX pre-sale: 2/22 10AM - 2/28 10PM
On Sale: 3/1 Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F004452BD54644E?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1)

Wildthyme
02-16-2010, 07:55 AM
So many Eagles concerts so close to where I live and all in just a few weeks... Wow! :partytime:

Prettymaid
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
It's about time WT. You guys deserve it!

eaglesvet
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
When it rains, it pours, huh?!?:partytime:
Can you do them all, WT? The shows, I mean?:wink:

Wildthyme
02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Well I am going to three for sure. Maybe four. But I don't think I can manage all five (but I'd sure like to try...)

Brooke
02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
WT and Ticky, I'm so happy for you guys! See? They haven't forgotten you! They're coming! :partytime:

sodascouts
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Saving the best for last, obviously! ;)

Eve
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh YEAH baby! Got the tickets now counting down the days!

Stars
02-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Eve, can't wait to read your review-it'll be here before you know it!:thumbsup:

Wildthyme
05-13-2010, 06:14 PM
The Seattle show has been postponed until May 26th due to illness. Uh oh. Wonder what this means for Monday in Portland...

Eve
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Seattle concert has been rescheduled due to Timothy being ill. Postponed to May 26. Boo Hoo...good thing my husband checked the e-mail, I had just gotten out of the shower.

Eve
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Just got an e-mail that the Seattle concert has been postponed due to Timothy being ill.

Rescheduled on May 26th.

Britt
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Hope he feels better soon!

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh no! Hoping Timothy feels better soon.

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow! Hope it's nothing too serious!

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 07:47 PM
This was posted on JoeWalsh.com (http://www.joewalsh.com):

EAGLES CONCERT IN SEATTLE, WA RESCHEDULED TO MAY 26, 2010

Due to an illness of Eagles bassist/vocalist Timothy B. Schmit, the Eagles concert at KeyArena scheduled for tonight, Thursday, May 13, 2010 has been postponed until May 26, 2010. Fans should retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts.

For questions or more information regarding this postponement, call 206-684-7200.

TimothyBFan
05-13-2010, 08:08 PM
My poor Timmy!!! I just got a text from Jess who said she had seen it on Facebook. I was having dinner and couldn't get to the computer fast enough. Larry came home from work sick also and just went to bed right after dinner. All my men are apparently ill. I sure hope they both make a quick recovery. I hope we hear something soon about Timothy.

Was anyone from the board going to tonight's show? I don't remember.

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Other than Eve, no one had said they were going. Just hoping he recovers soon! The Eagles' official site (http://www.eaglesband.com), Timothy's official site (http://www.timothybschmit.com), and his official Twitter (http://twitter.com/timothybschmit1) have nothing about this; all the info I can find is what I posted from Joe's site (http://www.joewalsh.com).

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Willie, hopefully "all your men" will feel better soon.

luvthelighthouse
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh, poor Timothy! Hope he's up and running in no time.

ticky
05-13-2010, 09:48 PM
My poor Timmy!!! I just got a text from Jess who said she had seen it on Facebook. I was having dinner and couldn't get to the computer fast enough. Larry came home from work sick also and just went to bed right after dinner. All my men are apparently ill. I sure hope they both make a quick recovery. I hope we hear something soon about Timothy.

Was anyone from the board going to tonight's show? I don't remember.

Awe Poor Timmy!! and then Larr... wait a second...hmm... I think Im getting the picture here... has anyone ever seen Timmy and Larry together? in the same room?? together??... Willie? are you trying to tell us something? Ever see Larry without the glasses?.. hmmmm...

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I just talked to someone who works with Tim and she says we shouldn't worry, it's nothing "catastrophic." Phew!

luvthelighthouse
05-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I love how casual you are... I'm literally LOL! "Oh, I just spoke w/a coworker of Tim's"... like it's so common place...

I am happy the boy is going to be okay. I wasn't too worried though... only because they had a rescheduled date on the books.

Soda, you do make me laugh.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Wow - I sure am glad to hear that Nanc. I was just getting ready to post about how concerned I was about this. The Eagles have that 'the show must go on mentality' and almost never cancel a concert, so I was fearing something really bad. Thank goodness!

Feel better soon, Timothy!!!

05-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh wow. I'm sorry your show was postponed, Eve. Hope it wasn't much of an inconvience to you. I really feel bad for those poor souls who may traveled a long distance, but the important thing is that whatever is ailing Timothy isn't too serious. I know the band wouldn't have canceled unless it was absolutely necessary.

Carolina Girl
05-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear that it doesn't sound too serious. Let's all send him our thoughts/prayers for a speedy recovery.

Eve
05-14-2010, 12:15 AM
The e-mail wasn't sent until 2:30 this afternoon. I'll bet some people were on their way. Hopefully they were listening to the radio to get the news.

Wildthyme
05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Not to mention that the road crew probably had a good portion of the stage set up by then...

Britt
05-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Of what I hear Tim is doing much better, he is out of the hospital!

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
THE HOSPITAL???

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Saw something late last night that Tim was hit by a bad stomach bug and had to be hospitalized briefly. Don't know how accurate that is, maybe someone else on here can verify. Unfortunately I also saw many really negative comments on several sites, some of whom had travelled to see the show. Of course, their disappointment and inconvenience is understandable, but to lash out at Tim and the Eagles for postponing only hours before the show was wrong. I'm sure Tim would much rather have been on stage making everyone happy!

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Awe Poor Timmy!! and then Larr... wait a second...hmm... I think Im getting the picture here... has anyone ever seen Timmy and Larry together? in the same room?? together??... Willie? are you trying to tell us something? Ever see Larry without the glasses?.. hmmmm...

Ticky , are you thinking of like a Clark Kent/Superman thing goin' on? :stunned:

tequila girl
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Awww Poor Tim - hope he's feeling better real soon!

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 08:35 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/15.gif http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/1.gif You ought to see Larry when he wears that long wig and carries a bass!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/15.gif

Thanks Nancy for checking in about it! Hopefully he'll be up and ready for a show real soon (at least by MONDAY!!!!!). Fingers crossed!!

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
He was in the HOSPITAL?!?!?!? My poor poor Timothy!!!! That's the first I've heard of that!

And to those fans b*tching.....Excuse Me? I just bet when they take ill, they call in to work also. Why should these guys be any different. Get a life folks!!

carol7lynn
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
OMG-Hospital-No No No! Get well quick TimmyB. :inlove:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Stars
05-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's wishing Timothy a speedy recovery!
I remember about 20 years ago, going to see Phil Collins in concert with a bunch of friends. We didn't find out til we actually got to the venue that the concert had been postponed due to illness. Needless to say, we were quite upset, but certainly sent our get well wishes to Phil, who was having throat problems.

MikeA
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I think that illness and the possibility of cancelling concerts or rebooking them is something that is a foremost DREAD in the Artist's minds...especially the more popular ones like Eagles. It is going to happen every now and then...just no avoiding it.

But I can certainly put myself in the shoes of those who are bitter about it. Say that you have burned up non-recoverable vacation allowance and spent $1,000 or more on airline tickets for the round trip, hotel rooms, boarding for pets, rental cars and food to fly to some concert city that you otherwise would have had no desire to visit. Then spent another $500 on tickets to the concert itself. That last $500 is the only part that is possibly going to be recovered and most likely that ONLY if you can make all the arrangements in the future to chance making the trip to see them. Or you might be able to sell the tickets for the rescheduled concert on eBay or Craigslist. But you are still out the travel expenses.

I suppose that the Band could get a stand-in bassist but that would not be the same, would it?

It is just a very bad deal all the way around and certainly not something that TBS or anyone else is going to want to happen. Just a VERY unfortunate circumstance. It brings home the cliche "The Show Must Go On" and why that quote has its roots all the way back in the the Entertainment Business.

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I think that illness and the possibility of cancelling concerts or rebooking them is something that is a foremost DREAD in the Artist's minds...especially the more popular ones like Eagles. It is going to happen every now and then...just no avoiding it.

But I can certainly put myself in the shoes of those who are bitter about it. Say that you have burned up non-recoverable vacation allowance and spent $1,000 or more on airline tickets for the round trip, hotel rooms, boarding for pets, rental cars and food to fly to some concert city that you otherwise would have had no desire to visit. Then spent another $500 on tickets to the concert itself. That last $500 is the only part that is possibly going to be recovered and most likely that ONLY if you can make all the arrangements in the future to chance making the trip to see them. Or you might be able to sell the tickets for the rescheduled concert on eBay or Craigslist. But you are still out the travel expenses.

I suppose that the Band could get a stand-in bassist but that would not be the same, would it?

It is just a very bad deal all the way around and certainly not something that TBS or anyone else is going to want to happen. Just a VERY unfortunate circumstance. It brings home the cliche "The Show Must Go On" and why that quote has its roots all the way back in the the Entertainment Business.

I agree with all of your comments, Mike. What was really upsetting was seeing comments from someone wondering if he could sue them or someone else referring to them as flakey- and that was one of the nicer posts. Of course, while there were some "get well wishers", the complainers probably felt more compelled to vent. The Eagles are human beings, humans get sick, sometimes at the most unfortunate moments...that's life. It sounds like the timing was an issue-maybe not enough time to get an appropriate stand-in and then that option would have probably ticked some other people off, not to mentioning goofing up the set list. I once was at at Journey show where the bassist(during the time that Ross Valory was not with them) got sick at the very last minute and people were already arriving. The bass player for opening act Bryan Adams (am I showing my age?) stepped up. But in that case, almost everyone was there to see Steve Perry, Neal Schon or Jon Cain. Not the same with the Eagles. I'm guessing if TBS was sick enough to need medical attention, there was a fast scramble to figure out the options. Anyway, hoping he's recovered quickly enough for "the show to go on" and that no one else catches it...

05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
ITA also Mike. I said what you did in another thread about the Eagles having "the show must go on" mentality. I'm sure that the decision to cancel this show wasn't taken lightly. There may have been others, but the only other time that I can ever remember the band cancelling shows was when Glenn was stricken with diverticulitis back in the fall of '94. Even back in the '70's when it was not uncommon for acts to cancel their shows at the last minute, the Eagles were always very professional about this. In any event, I can absolutely understand how disappointed some people might be, but some things just can't be helped. Hope Tim is feeling better and the show in Vancover will be able to go on as scheduled tonight.

ticky
05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I think he needs Nurse Willie.. OH that gives me an idea for a story *WG* :twisted:

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I think he needs Nurse Willie.. OH that gives me an idea for a story *WG* :twisted:

If she's the nurse, can I be the candy striper...pleaaasse?

MikeA
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, I hope I didn't come across as would an embittered fan! I do understand their feelings though which exceed just disappointment. It actually hits them in the pocketbook.

But of course I am sending good vibes to Timothy B Schmit! I'm sure that he is just as upset about his role in the cancellations as he is about his illness.

I'll go on to say that in the 15 or 16 concerts we attended in the Farewell tours, Verna and I always planned "other things" to do on these trips. When they played in Minneapolis/St Paul, we made several road trips to get a feel for the area and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went to one of the falls on the river there and were really surprised by a musician who was at the base of the falls with an acoustic guitar and singing some Un Earthly tunes...fantastic in that setting.

When we went to Madison, we fell in love with that town! So many arts and crafts and a perfect city just to walk around in.

Even in Oklahoma City which is practically next door to us, we went to the Will Rogers Museum and the Zoo.

When in Dallas, we visited the Botanical Gardens.

When in Columbus, Ohio, we bought tickets to a Simon & Garfunkle "Old Friends" concert. AND, we drove on up to Cleveland and toured the Rock & Roll Musuem.

When in Vegas....well, we were in Freakin' VEGAS! Nuff Said!

My point is that though we never experienced any of the disappointments of having one of the shows cancelled, we always had something planed to take advantage of the trip no matter what happened with the concert.

luvthelighthouse
05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I can understand being disappointed, but mad? C'mon. It's not like Timothy wanted to be sick. I just read some comments on a radio station's site where people were angry. I don't even get that.

While I would be upset if I dished out a ton of cash on travel, I'm not sure I could be pissed the show was cancelled due to illness. It's not like it can be helped. Actually, I'd probably be more pissed if I went to an Eagles show and one of the guys were missing. If I'm all jazzed up to see TBS and he's not there, you better bet I'm upset. Same for any of the guys. Unless I knew there "could" be a possibility... ie: Felder's wife having a baby... understandable he would have to leave... KWIM?

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Schmidt!

Mike, Mike, Mike....hanging my head in disappointment at your faux pas!!!

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 11:31 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/16.gif

MikeA
05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Oh God, here we go....Dunce in the corner!:oops:

Schmit Schmidt...ya'll never correct my little typos in other posts. You should no (I mean Know) by now that I'm a horrible keyboard mechanic.

luvthelighthouse
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm queen of the typo's! I often don't even notice until someone quotes one of my posts. However, how oh how could you do that to Timothy?:brickwall:

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 12:17 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs3/14.gif Sorry Mike--I usually would never do that but had to play fair since I've been reading the riot act to every reviewer that has screwed up his name--and that has been a LOT of them.

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
If this had happened at the San Jose show that I traveled for, I would have been EXTREMELY disappointed and upset, but not at the band, just at the situation. One can't expect a sick man to perform!

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
This is sick and p*sses me off BIG TIME!!!!

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/05/eagles_concert_postponed_due_t.php

Eve
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I left a comment, short and sweet.

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I guess he was trying to be oh-so-clever and witty with that bit.

Verdict: FAIL.

What a douche!

ETA: LOL at your comment, Eve. And you go, Willie! ;)

luvthelighthouse
05-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I saw that last night and chose to ignore the idiot. Just a fool behind his keyboard...

05-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Way to go gals. I just posted a comment as well.

Koala
05-14-2010, 02:38 PM
WOW! What a bullshit! I have seldom read so stupid stuff!

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I saw that last night and chose to ignore the idiot. Just a fool behind his keyboard...

Glad you can take the high road--but I refuse to when it comes to something like this!!! He deserves to be slammed!!!

LOVE your comment Kay!!! :thumbsup:

05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Did you see where he went in and immediately corrected the spelling of Glenn's name after I slammed him for it. :lol: So I had to thank him for doing that, of course. :wink: Hmmm - looks like somebody's reading those comments. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
:wink: Hmmm - looks like somebody's reading those comments. :thumbsup:

GOOD--then I'm glad I brought it to attention!!! No one messes with my Timothy!!!! :steviesmack: Willie's had enough of the Timmy disrespect from reviewers, bloggers, etc...

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Willie's had enough of the Timmy disrespect from reviewers, bloggers, etc...

I am right there with you, fellow Borderer! We've got your back, TBS! Now get well sweet boy and get back to making your fans happy and the critics look stupid...

Troubadour
05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah - I was worried when I heard this. Get well soon, Tim!

Freypower
05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
You didn't even take him to task for the 'lone vocal contribution' part. But good on you all for the comments. Journalism's dead & gone indeed. It's now so much narcissistic whining.

I hope Tim feels better soon.We love you Tim. http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
That doesn't sound like a story. That sounds more like something written in the Pentehouse forum. (Not that I would know anything about that.)

Eve
05-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Concert is tonight! As well as a Sounder's game and a Mariner's game. Traffic that already sucks will be soooo bad.

carol7lynn
05-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Have fun all. Can't wait to hear the reviews. Blow Timmy a kiss for me.:partytime:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal