PDA

View Full Version : West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

Wildthyme
02-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Wow! What an awesome night! It was so amazing to be right there at the stage watching Glenn. I am so happy I got to go to L.A. and to meet Soda and Dreamer and to be there for a Glenn solo show!!

We will give you more details later but its really late and we have to be up very early to head to the airport.

I did take quite a few pictures. Here is one for now...

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0111.jpg

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Awwww Cami! Thats gorgeous. You must have been near enough to touch him. I LOVE his shirt, and Deacon is quite the young man. I'm sure Glenn :heart: is so proud of him. Thanks for the taster and can't wait to hear the review. Hope you all get home safely. :bye:

Prettymaid
02-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Deacon is becoming quite a young man - he's grown so much from the last pictures! And Glenn looks great!

Koala
02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Wildthyme, thanks for the gorgeous pic, Glenn looks great! Can't hardly wait to hear and see more!

TimothyBFan
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
That pic gives a whole new meaning to reach out and touch someone! WOW!!! Can't wait to get all the scoop!! And Deacon looks more and more like Daddy as he gets older. His facial features are Glenn thru and thru!!

Hey--hope you guys got some Glenn Lovin' last night! :thumbsup:

Stars
02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
What a great picture-thanks for posting it for us, WT! I can't wait to hear all the details of the concert. I'll be checking back throughout the day!:thumbsup:

Maleah
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Details people, DETAILS!! I can't take waiting much longer! LOL

luvthelighthouse
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Anxiously awaiting details. That pic of Deacon... OMG, he looks just like young Glenn.

TimothyBFan
02-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Just received a couple pics of Ziggy for Katie. Soda is at LAX waiting for her flight. Says concert was awesome. A few surprises with new songs he hasn't done before and a special percussionist (no it wasn't Don-really cool tho!) that I will let one of them tell you. I'm as impatient as everyone else to see all the pics and hear the reviews. Can't wait! Hurry home safely girls!!!

GlennLover
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
New songs in the set list! I wondered if they would change things from their other performances. Wonder what they were singing in the teaser pic? They both look so handsome. Can't wait to hear!!

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Just received a couple pics of Ziggy for Katie. Soda is at LAX waiting for her flight. Says concert was awesome. A few surprises with new songs he hasn't done before and a special percussionist (no it wasn't Don-really cool tho!) that I will let one of them tell you. I'm as impatient as everyone else to see all the pics and hear the reviews. Can't wait! Hurry home safely girls!!!

Betcha its Otis!! He was a cool hand with the tambourine in Crosslake.

Wildthyme
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
sorry you are all having to wait for the scoop but Soda and Dreamer are wing their way home and I am cruising up I-5 towards San Jose.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Well cruise safely Cami!

Super Frey
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Glenn & Deacon, both look great!:angel:

Glennhoney
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
..can't wait to hear and see more............

Freypower
02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Sigh......

DIFFERENT songs..... oh God....

The mics are different (!)

Love that shirt - a bit out of character....

Deacon's been taught to close the eyes..... :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the pix. :thumbsup: Can't wait to read your reviews ladies.:computer: Love hearing stories from the road. So much fun to ride along with you.

Deacon is really starting to look like Glenn-everyone is soo right. Loved the fannel shirt on Glenn. :nahnah::headbang:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Troubadour
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh my gosh! I love that photo! They both look so great. Like everyone else, I am itching to hear more.

Wildthyme
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Well I stopped for a break at Starbuck's because I was on that exciting part of central California I-5 that even the Eagles at full volume can't keep me from zoning out on...

I know everyone wants details and I will try to give you a few though I am sure Soda and Dreamer will have lots more to add.

We got to The House of Blues early and were the first ones there. By the time we had run the gamut we ended up actually being about 3rd in the door which wasn't a problem. We staked out our places at the front of the stage - primo spots just left of center.

When the show finally got stated the first act was a group of 12 - 13 year old boys. Although they seemed a bit nervous they did a great job and were very cute. Then Deacon and his friends that make up Head Thief productions introduced themselves and spoke about their chosen charity this year and their decision to include Haiti relief. Up next was Animal Husbandry. Their musical style was interesting and their performance was actually pretty good and apparently much better than the samples on their MySpace page. The third group was called (NC)2 and included the only girl that was part of any of the acts. There is some definite talent and real potential among these young musicians. Unfortunately with all three of these groups the sound system emphasized the instrumentals to the point where the vocals were almost impossible to hear. It may have been because of our position close to the stage but it was hard to get a full appreciation. However I was just happy to see young people with a love of music and performance get up on stage.

During this whole time Glenn's youngest son Otis had various jobs helping with the set up for each group. He is such an adorable little boy and looks just like his big brother.

The show must have been running late because they cut (NC)2 short to prep for the next act - Ziggy Marley. His music was a definite change of pace. He did four songs with an accompanist. He is definitely his father's son and I especially enjoyed his version of Redemption Song which is a favorite Bob Marley tune of mine.

Finally it was Glenn and company's turn. Unfortunately I cannot remember each song they played because much to all of our surprise they played for at least an hour and did several songs that were unexpected and that Glenn had never done in a solo or charity show. Glenn took the lead on several and Deacon had the lead on a few while one of Deacon's friends from (NC)2 (Nick) who was accompanying them on guitar took the lead on one song. Dreamer has a set list so she will have to be the one to give the full list. They did open with “Change the World” and then sang “Tequila Sunrise”. Next was the first "new" song “Jet Airliner” (which I believe is the song that Glenn and Deacon are singing in the picture I posted). I cannot remember the order of the remaining songs (nor can I remember all of them) but I will say I had hoped all evening when I saw the keyboard at the front stage right that Glenn would be singing “You Belong to the City” and I was not disappointed! However my favorite song of the night was introduced by Glenn saying "When I am singing in the car I always know all the words to this song however this evening this is not necessarily the case" and then proceeding to sing a terrific version of “Werewolves of London”! It was so unexpected and so much fun! They also did “Funk 49” (with Deacon taking the lead) and “Dirty Laundry”. We even got an encore of “All Shook Up” which was a rousing way to end the evening.

I have to say this show was better than I could have ever hoped for. Being so close to the performers (especially my favorite one :D) and getting such a fantastic performance made this a very special experience. I am so glad I made this trip south and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Oh and by the way, yes, the "special percussionist" was indeed the youngest Frey… that little guy is too cute and he did a great job!

Prettymaid
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks Cami! I love the song choices so far. Soda and I texted back and forth a bit while she was waiting at LAX and she gave me some spoilers, some of which Cami shared. But I will let them all tell their own stories. Soda said she wouldn't be getting home until 1:00 A.M. West Lafayette time. I'm sure she's going to be a pretty tired girl.

Speaking of tired, be safe traveling Cami. Make as many stops as you need to. We'll be right here...

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Awwwww Cami! Sounds fantastic! The Frey family must be sooooo talented!

luvthelighthouse
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the review. It's so nice to hear that is was even better than you expected. Sounds like tons of fun.

Safe traveling ladies!

Freypower
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Werewolves Of London?!!! How utterly cool! Jet Airliner? All Shook Up?!!

I am unfamiliar with anything called Change The World. How I hope/wish there could be audio of this.

Interesting that Deacon does lead vocals on songs which are NOT sung by Glenn. That's fair enough, I guess.

Prettymaid
02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
I am assuming they mean this Change The World...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPWoDsyE6M

sodascouts
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I have a three-hour layover at Denver, and to my delight I discovered that they have free wifi!!! So I'm about to get on the board for a while!

I'll probably add more later, but here's my review for now:

Quick note: You guys are going to be excited to hear that I took a lot of video - shaky, yes, but we diehards don't care about that, right? I'll post them ASAP.

Now, the show. As we waited for Glenn and the gang to emerge, someone came out and spread lyrics sheets and a set list on the stage (the lyrics were for "I Hear You Knockin'"). I stood on my tiptoes to peer over at it, and I was thrilled to see it contained several songs, not the four that I expected. In fact, NONE of the songs were what I expected. They didn't play "Take It Easy" or "Hotel California," and "I Hear You Knockin'" was performed by Nick Shapiro rather than Deacon.

But I'm getting ahead of myself! When Glenn and Deacon came out, the same band from the Roxy was there - Don Was (bass), Henry Fagenson (his son, the drummer), Nick Shapiro (singer/guitarist), and Michael Thompson (piano) but also Danny Grenier, Chris Mostert, and little Otis as well! He stayed in the back rockin' the percussion, but it was cool to see him up there. The Males of the House of Frey represented... or, as Glenn referred to it, "Nepotism 'R' Us."

As the pictures show, Glenn was wearing a blue and black plaid striped shirt and he's let his hair grown out a bit. I'm crossing my fingers that he keeps this look for the Eagles shows because it takes years off of him compared to the suit/shorter hair look.

I can't remember the exact setlist order and I might leave something out, but here goes:

They started with Eric Clapton's "Change the World" with Deacon singing lead. He put a lot of heart into it and I liked the performance so much that I've ripped the audio from it (I recorded it on my camera) and I'm gonna put it on my iPod. Deacon sure has grown. I think he's taller than his daddy now. He seemed pretty mellow up there, too, unlike at the Roxy a couple years ago.

Then, they started doing "Tequila Sunrise" and I suddenly realized this wasn't gonna be the same old, same old! Man, I've missed this song from the set. Achingly vulnerable vocal. From thenceforward my mind commenced to be blown as he and Deacon did all sorts of songs I never expected!

I have to admit I didn't know the song "Jet Airliner" very well - I recognized the tune vaguely, but I couldn't name it. When they sang the chorus, I thought they were singing something like "Keep on, Carolina"! Oops! Later, when Dreamer got the setlist, I actually said "What's this song 'Jet Airliner' on here? I don't remember them playing a song called that." lol! At any rate, it had a good groove and I liked it.

Next, Glenn went over to the keyboard and my heart started beating faster. What would it be? "The One You Love"? "Some Kind of Blue"? Or.... the awesomeness that is "You Belong to the City"? And it was the latter. Glenn sang it the way I like it - no falsetto. They rocked it hard, with Deacon and Nick both doing solos, Nick going back and forth with Chris Mostert on sax. The only thing I missed: He didn't close it with "You belong.... YOOOOOU BELOOOOOONG!" I wonder if he had rehearsed it that way because Nick and Deacon both looked at him at the time as if they expected it, but maybe they were just looking for their cue to end.

The spotlight was once again on Deacon for "Reelin' in the Years." This is another song I didn't know very well, but I did recognize the title and followed the chorus enough to sing along. Like I said, Deacon seemed really mellow when singing last night and it sure worked for the song.

We all recognized that opening riff for the next song... "Funk 49!" Everybody on stage seemed to be having a blast with this one. It is irresistible. Deacon sounds different from Joe, that's for sure! I thought it rocked.

I too thought Glenn's introduction about singing along to the radio was cute - it made me think that this setlist was comprised of a lot of his favorite tunes. Although I've heard "Werewolves of London" before and recognized the tune, I once again didn't remember the name of the song or the lyrics and never did figure out that title until, once again, we saw that setlist! "Oh! That was 'Werewolves of London'! Now those lines about Soho and getting your lungs torn out make sense!" I should have known when some guy from the sidelines yelled "ZEVON!" afterwards.

When the opening chords started for "Dirty Laundry," Dreamer, Cami, and I all said something along the lines of: "Is that 'Dirty Laundry'? I can't believe they're gonna do 'Dirty Laundry'!" I figured Deacon would sing the whole thing as in the past he had done Don's vocals on Eagles songs, but Glenn sang lead on a verse, too! He sang the "crap is king" verse. Glenn, Deacon, and Nick all got to play guitar solos, which was pretty cool.

I think it was at this point where Nick got to do "I Hear You Knockin'" which was good, but it surprised me. He fudged a few lyrics as he was having to read them off of lyrics sheets on the floor, but otherwise he was good. That kid has a lot of talent - all of those kids up there did. I even liked Animal Husbandry, who were much better than I thought they'd be. I even told the lead singer of the band when I saw him on the way to the bathroom "You guys did a great job up there."

Next was "Life in the Fast Lane" - with Glenn on lead for the whole song! This was where Deacon shined the most on guitar, I think. I also think that Glenn should've sung this song on the Hotel California album in 1976 because his vocal on it has a wilder, out-of-control-but-loving-it vibe to it, which fits the couple in the song blissfully careening towards death by excess. Don's tone is more of the cynical observer, although it certainly works well and is great, as we all know! (ETA: It doesn't sound as good once I review the video, BUT I still think he could have rocked it for the album in the studio.)

Then they were off. I thought that was it, but wait, there's more! They came out to do one more song - "All Shook Up" - with Glenn on lead again. It was a lot of fun and really ended it on an "up" note.

I got video of You Belong to the City, Life in the Fast Lane, most of Werewolves of London, and snippets of most of the other songs. As I said above, I also have audio of Deacon doing "Change the World."

It was so freaking thrilling to go in there expecting to hear two or three songs and getting so much more. The best part was that these were mostly songs I'd never heard him do before, which made it even more special. SUCH a treat. SO worth the trip.

Prettymaid
02-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Egads Soda - you do have a long trip! Thank goodness for wi-fi!

Can't wait for the video, audio and more pics!

Troubadour
02-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Awww, I am so thrilled for you! It sounds like it was truly a one-off treat. Something to treasure. I can't wait to see the pics and hear the audio.

Have a safe journey, Nancy, and thanks for taking the time to post that write-up. I loved every word. About Glenn's look... I am so into the plaid shirt/longer hair thing! He looks fantastic.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone - I'm home, but dead tired. However, I know how anxious everyone is to hear about the show, so I'll share a few things with you all now, and then probably add more later.

First of all, the entire set list in order ...

Change the World
Tequila Sunrise
Jet Airliner
You Belong To the City
Reelin' In the Years
I Hear You Knockin'
Funk #49
Werewolves of London
Dirty Laundry
Life In the Fast Lane
All Shook Up

Now for the band, I believe Soda forgot to mention the ‘other’ percussionist – besides Otis, Richie Mangicaro also joined them.

As Cami and Soda said, the show was AWESOME! I, too, was expecting about the same show that we saw at the Roxy, but this was very different. Although, the House of Blues is an intimate venue, it is a lot larger than the Roxy. There was a pretty big crowd at this event (probably 750 - 900 people) and Glenn was nowhere to be seen before or after the show like he was at the Roxy. There was a private event on the third floor before the show. My guess is that it was a VIP party for those that were making large donations for the cause. I suspect Irving (Azoff) was there because I overheard someone on the staff mention his name and Deacon also thanked him at the start of the show. I have a feeling that this event raised quite a large sum of money since Irving was involved. :wink: Since Glenn wasn't out with the crowd, we didn't get to speak to him. However, we did get to speak briefly to Victor (the guitar tech) who gave us guitar picks and Michael Thompson who gave me the copy of the set list. I'll scan a copy of the set list and post it when I get a chance. We also caught a glimpse of Tom Nixon from the wings of the stage.

Okay - that's all for now cause, like I said, I need to go to bed and sleep. However, this was such a special rare show that I know we'll have a lot more to tell you about. What a treat to get to see Glenn perform these songs that we've never seen before. Stay tuned!!!

luvthelighthouse
02-22-2010, 12:30 AM
What I'm most impressed with, is these young kids playing all these classic songs. I really hold that near and dear to my heart.

Soda, I am so excited to hear Glenn sing LITFL. I can't even image how he sounds singing it... so I'll wait patiently until you have a chance to upload it.

I'm happy you ladies had such a fantasic time. It sounds wonderful and I'm so glad to hear all the little details. It really helps us to feel like we were there.

Rest up girls!

Koala
02-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the details from the show! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to see the video,more pics and hear the audio ! :partytime:

Freypower
02-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Fantastic. Soda, I take it you can't rip the audio of the songs Glenn sang? Oh well, if not seeing the video will help. I bet Reelin' In The Years was good. Did Glenn sing harmonies? As for LITFL and a verse of DL the mind boggles.

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 02:53 AM
Home safe!

FP: Glenn sang harmonies on all of the songs Deacon performed.

I can rip audio off of anything I record. Speaking of, I uploaded two of them while waiting at the airport, but didn't get a chance to post them. Here they are (now, as I warned you, the quality isn't the greatest):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz4fsNAEbR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuDAIa82P54

TimothyBFan
02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
THANK YOU SODA!!!! Love them--can't wait to see the rest. Will get them downloaded on my Itunes today for sure! Those first few notes of YBTTC just send chills down my spine every time! Love that horn!

Stars
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks, everyone for the wonderful reviews, the set list, and the videos! I almost felt like I was there! Maybe next time!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I feel the same way about YBTTC, Willie.

Thanks Soda for getting them up so quickly. I know you must be tired.

And Dreamer, glad you got home safe and sound and had a good time. I think it's great that die hard Glenn fans like yourselves were able to see a show like this, with new covers. You will remember this for the rest of your lives!

Wildthyme
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Here are some more photos of the show. I wasn't sure I would have internet while I am visiting my aunt but I got lucky... :thumbsup:

This first one is from right before the show started. You can see the video screen that came down to about 2 feet above the edge of the stage that hid all but their legs from most people. But we could see underneath it from where we stood...
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0109.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0113.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0118.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0124.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0136.jpg

Wildthyme
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
And a few more...

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0129.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0140.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0111.jpg

pueblo47
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Really nice shots! A pro couldn't have done better! Thanks for sharing.

MikeA
02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Look closely at the Fender Amp behind the guy playing Bass. Really hi-tech the way they have that amp "mic'd". The mic is just dangling over the top of the amp, touching the enclosure <LOL> I'll bet they are getting some really "special effects" out of that!

Stars
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks, WT, for posting all those wonderful pics-they are simply divine!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 01:02 PM
So glad you were there to take "real" photos, Cami! I'm going to make one of them my avatar!

Koala
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Thank you Soda & WT for the videos and the fantastic pics!

02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Okay – back again to continue talking about this incredible experience for any Frey fan. First of all, as always, it was great seeing Soda again (it had been a while, Nanc) and meeting another fan and fellow Borderer for the first time. Cami – it was fun getting to know you and maybe we’ll be able to get together at another show sometime. And thanks to both of you for the amazing audio, video, and photos. I’m one of those that don’t like to be distracted by such stuff at a show, But I really do appreciate that there are others who don’t mind cause I sure enjoy watching and hearing the fruits of their labor. My job was the ‘observer’ – I would see something and say “Hey get a picture of this” or “Make sure you get that on video”. :grin:

Even though the weekend went by so quickly, we got in a bit of sightseeing. After two trips in as many years, I feel like I can find my way around pretty well now. We got to see the Hollywood sign, a bit of the Walk of Stars, Grauman’s Chinese Theater (all from the car). Also took rides through Laurel and Coldwater Canyons, Beverly Hills (yep, we saw the hotel again), and some of Bel Air. After the show Saturday night, we walked over to the Troubadour. Unfortunately, unlike last time, the bar was packed on this night so we didn’t even order a drink. We did get to sit for a little while in ‘Glenn’s spot’ right under the Eagles plaque that they have on the wall.

Back to the show, my mind is still blown. It was so totally different from what I was expecting, but in a VERY good way. Even though it was open to the public, it definitely had the ‘vibe’ of a private event. I really think Glenn and ‘the band’ must have put in quite a bit of time and effort deciding on the set list and putting this show together. I think they probably succeeded in raising a lot of money for these very worthy causes to make it worth their while. I sure hope so and I feel really privileged to have been there to see such a talented group of musicians of all ages.

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 02:05 PM
BTW dreamer - thanks for the reminder about Mangicaro. Can't believe I forgot him - but there were so many guys up there!

P.S. In case anyone's confused, I moved all the posts since Saturday to the Concert Reviews forum for organizational purposes.

Troubadour
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
It's exciting enough living this concert vicariously through you guys. I can only imagine what you felt actually experiencing it!

Soda, I love your choice of avatar. I am really loving Glenn's look. :heart:

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm just glad some of us could make it - and have video and photos too so that we can remember it better! So glad Glenn didn't seem to have an issue with us taking video (but then again we were surrounded by others doing the same).

As for Glenn's great look, it was even better in person!

Also, I wanted to add to what Dreamer said about our trip to the Trouadour:

Although the trip to the Troubadour afterwards was hard on my aching feet (I was wearing high-heeled platform boots and the walk was over a mile, plus this was after walking over a mile to get to the House of Blues and dancing around there for several hours), I'm glad we went. While it was true it was too crowded to make getting a drink worthwhile - we'd have had to fight our way to the bar and I was draggin' as it was - it was in a way cool to experience it being that crowded, because you know it was like that "back in the day" as well.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Look closely at the Fender Amp behind the guy playing Bass. Really hi-tech the way they have that amp "mic'd". The mic is just dangling over the top of the amp, touching the enclosure <LOL> I'll bet they are getting some really "special effects" out of that!

Mike! You crack me up!!!!! Seriously. Here we all are drooling over how well Glenn :heart: Deacon and the others looked and you drool over....................the AMP! :rofl: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Wonderful reviews and pictures everybody. I LOVE Glenn :heart:'s outfit. Mmmmmm :inlove:

Prettymaid
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Although the trip to the Troubadour afterwards was hard on my aching feet (I was wearing high-heeled platform boots and the walk was over a mile, plus this was after walking over a mile to get to the House of Blues and dancing around there for several hours), I'm glad we went.

Those shoes Nancy? :hilarious: You would think you've learned your lesson by now! :hilarious:

Lovin' the photos Cami!

MikeA
02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
:wink: What can I say :shrug:

Wildthyme
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Really nice shots! A pro couldn't have done better! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I was really happy with them considering I used my phone camera. :thumbsup:

Freypower
02-22-2010, 07:44 PM
THANK YOU SODA!!!! Love them--can't wait to see the rest. Will get them downloaded on my Itunes today for sure! Those first few notes of YBTTC just send chills down my spine every time! Love that horn!

How do I download the audio files? I'm sorry but I have no idea. I am used to seeing them already converted to mp3 files and I don't know how to do it myself.

Thanks for the photos.

ETA: The videos are perfect. Talk about back to basics, mixing things up, being different. I am so proud (in Werewolves 'and his hair was perfect'.... indeed).

TimothyBFan
02-22-2010, 08:56 PM
FP- I use this. Just go into YouTube, copy the url and paste to the program and it will copy it. Open it with Itunes--and you've got new stuff from Glenn. Very, very easy. (You know it is if I can do it!)

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Freypower
02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Willie, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

The MP3s even have their own artwork!!!!:grouphug:

Super Frey
02-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Sometimes Glenn, looks so good that you just want to grab him and:makeout:

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 11:09 PM
And Life in the Fast Lane!

(Note: First 40 seconds are of the stage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGpSDI-7JaM

Maleah
02-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Love the stories and the video's! Hopefully you get to keep them up Nanc....I just got a notice that my Boys of Summer video from Fargo was issued a copyright complaint by Cass County Music :rolleyes: :eyebrow:

EagleLady
02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Doesn't Don have anything better to do than to ruin people's fun?

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 12:29 AM
I wrote up some thoughts about the lead-in bands, if anyone wants to read them:

The first act to play came out right on time at 7:30. To my surprise, they appeared to be middle-schoolers. It soon became evident why they were playing: the keyboard player was Don Was’ younger son, Sol. They were adorable, though. They played “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz and another song I’m embarrassed to say I’ve already forgotten. I made sure to smile big and applaud a lot for them, as they seemed a bit nervous. It wasn’t fake, though; they did a good job…. At least, from what I could hear. For the first few acts, the sound was wretched where we were standing. We could hear the instruments just fine, but the vocals were absolutely indistinguishable unless the singer was right above us. It was strange to be just a few feet from someone and not be able to hear them sing over the instruments!

Next, Deacon came out with the other three teens that make up “Headthief Productions,” the organization they created to put together the Roxy benefit in 2008 and which has organized these annually ever since (they mentioned the fact that they had been doing these benefits for three years). They’re made up of Deacon, Don Was’ son Henry Fagenson, guitarist/singer Nick Shapiro, and a girl named Dylan who seemed to be the only non-musician. Indeed, girls were scarce on stage that night – only one performed, singing with Nick’s band, (NC)2. The four gave a brief speech about the charities the show was benefiting, taking turns speaking. I’m afraid they didn’t get the attention from the kids on the floor that they deserved when describing the fact that children in Africa get so few chances at an education and the degree of the devastation in Haiti, but it was important information nonetheless. They also said a guy would be coming around with a bucket that we could put more money into if so inclined. Deacon ended the speech by extending a special thanks to Irving Azoff for helping them so much with bringing the benefit together.

Next up was Animal Husbandry. After looking at their MySpace I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a large group – I think there were seven people onstage – and I really enjoyed it when they rocked out (although, since the vocals were so hard to distinguish, any slower vocal-oriented parts were pretty much lost). Sometimes songs would start out kind of funky and I’d think “Eh, I don’t know about that” but then they would get going and I started liking ‘em! As I mentioned earlier, I saw one of the lead singers on my way to the bathroom later and told him they did a good job. He thanked me, but since he was apparently surrounded by admirers, he must’ve known by then they were a hit.

After that, (NC)2 came out. Before they played, Nick asked for us to give another hand to Animal Husbandry because they were “f—king awesome” and added that it was an honor to follow them. I guess he was the one who enlisted them for this benefit. At any rate, here we finally had a girl as well, who sang lead on half of a song but mostly backed Nick. In the ladies' room prior to the show, I'd overheard her mother proudly talking about her daughter performing in an hour. The mother sounded like a parent before a recital, and it was sweet. The girl really got into her vocals and we gave her lots of applause. I wish I could have heard her better. (NC)2 seemed to be playing mostly original songs, but since I couldn’t make out most of the lyrics, it’s hard to say. I know they played at least one cover, "Cinnamon Girl." Unfortunately, they were cut short by Victor (the guitar tech for the Eagles) who told them they had exceeded their time limit. As much as I wanted Glenn to come out, I felt bad for them. They looked so disappointed and it seems to me it wouldn’t have hurt to let them play one more song, but oh well.

It was time for Ziggy Marley, accompanied only by his guitar and a man on a bongo drum. Fortunately, the sound vastly improved and I was able to hear him very clearly. He has a cool sound and I enjoyed him, singing and dancing along. He sang “Love Is My Religion,” "Family Time," "Redemption Song," and “True to Myself.” At the end of "True to Myself," he had everyone sing along a capella to the chorus "Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself." It was great. Those are all I remember - Dreamer thinks he did another song, but if so, I've forgotten what it is.

Then, of course, time for the final act - and you know the rest!

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Found a little mention of the show on the KLOS site (http://www.955klos.com/article.asp?id=1707298&SPID=26985).

MikeA
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM
How do I download the audio files? I'm sorry but I have no idea. I am used to seeing them already converted to mp3 files and I don't know how to do it myself.

I've been using this for a while and it works great and is easy to use...and it is FREE. You just copy the URL from a YouTube video that you want the audio from and paste the link into the opened window the software provides. Sit back and let it do its thing and wall-laaa....you have an MP3

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?tag=feed&subj=mostpopular&part=rss&tag=nl.e415

Now, with that said, I just looked at the DVDVideosoft program (Thanks Willie!) I think it has more features. Over the years, I've had trouble finding software that would convert WMA to MP3 or the other way around. This software does that. If you use Windows Mediaplayer any to rip CDs, chances are that you have a lot of WMA files on our computer. A lot of software (especially free software) will not accept WMA format. AUDACITY for instance, will not take WMA. So you have to convert it to something it is happy with in order to manipulate the music.

I'd look into DVDVideosoft if I were looking for any conversion options. Of course it should handly the FLV files too and convert them to Audio only. That is all that that YouTubeDownloader will do.

TimothyBFan
02-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Willie, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

The MP3s even have their own artwork!!!!:grouphug:

You are very welcome!! I use it a lot! (Sorry Don!) :hilarious:

Ok, my observation and opinion. To me it almost seems Glenn was really struggling to sing LITFL. Maybe it's just me because I'm so used to Don singing it. I'm gonna listen to it a couple more times and maybe it will grow on me. He sure looked darn good singing it tho!!

timfan
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Willie, I had the exact same thought about Glenn singing LITFL! Now maybe it was different seeing it performed live but on the video it sure looked to me like he was having a rough time!

Stars
02-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I have to agree with timfan and TBF-it did look like he was struggling a bit, but the video itself looked GREAT, Soda! Thanks so much for putting that up for us.:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Thank goodness, after watching the LITFL video I was able to see that more people noticed Glenn struggling than just me. Maybe he shouldn't try that one again. :blush:

That being said, I'm sure it was fantastic to hear him do it - so unexpected!

eaglesvet
02-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks, ladies, for the pix and videos...the weekend sounded awesome!!

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, in the moment I thought it sounded great, but I guess on that video it does sound a little raggedy. However, I have audio of him doing in it at a Party of Two show and it sounds better, so I think it might have just been that night.

luvthelighthouse
02-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I was afraid to mention anything about LITFL. It almost seemed "too fast" for him to sing. Not that he didn't sound good, but almost like he couldn't keep up. Then I wondered if I was being to critical, because I was so used to Don singing it... but I see now that I wasn't.

I loved WWofLondon. That was cool. I appreciate the videos. Glenn is beautiful as always. I did laugh at one point... I see Deacon standing there so still... and Glenn moving around next to him... and I'm thinking, wow, the ever still standing Eagle is more aninmated than someone else. :hilarious: Now, that's not to upset anyone. Just when you think about bands like Van Halen, GNR, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith... you know what I mean. The band is wild and all over the stage... while the Eagles are more subdued. That's all I'm trying to convey. I'm not saying it's bad. I just found it funny that Glenn was the more animated for the two Frey's.

Sounds like a great show. I'm sure I would have loved it. Sidenote: Deacon sure is growing up. He's a doll.

TimothyBFan
02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I was afraid to mention anything about LITFL.

Well you know me---I'll point it out! :hilarious: Glad to know it wasn't just me tho. I really thought maybe I was just being critical because I love the song and Don is suppose to sing it. After watching it again--I'm sorry-but I feel the same way still. Just wasn't meant to be I feel. :-( Sorry Glenn.

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 11:38 AM
You know what, I was just trying to be polite. You guys are all hyper-critical jerks!

:tonguewag:

;)

TimothyBFan
02-23-2010, 12:13 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs14/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/signs9/9.gif

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't need six-shooters... I have light sabers!

:saberfight:

02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow - there seems to be an outbreak of violence on The Border! :grin:

After listening to LIFL, I partially agree with most of you. I don't think it was his best rendition of the song that I've heard. It sounded good live, but he does seem to be struggling with it a bit. However, like Soda, I have heard Glenn sing the song during the Party of Two shows with Joe, and I thought he sounded great. That's why I have said in the past that I liked the way Glenn sang it as much as Don. I never thought his version was necessarily better than Don's, but in those shows, it was equally as good. I agree with what Soda said about Glenn's voice bringing an out-of-control quality to the song that Don's does not, which I like a lot. I'm gonna chalk it up to Glenn having an off night with it.

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Wel-l-l-l-l... how long ago was that Party of Two Show you speak of? Maybe Glenn just can't get it up there anymore... His voice...I'm talking about his voice... :hilarious:

02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
PM, those POT (pardon the pun) shows that I speak of were in 1993. I do think that there are times wihen Glenn struggles with his voice in recent years. :wink: :wink: It just doesn't seem to be as consistent as it once was. Fortunately, it's still good most of the time, but it does have it's moments. I totally forgot to mention earlier that Glenn did appear to have a little cold or sinus problem on Saturday night. I noticed throughout the night that he was sniffling and cleared his throat occasionally. If you watch the Werewolves of London video closely, you can see him with the 'sniffles' several times.

MikeA
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM
CAT FIGHT...CAT FIGHT!!!!!!!! Oh Boy! Will someone make a vid? CAT FIGHT!!~!!!!!!!

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure how satisfying that would be since it's virtual, Mike, although perhaps Willie, LTL, PM, and I live close enough to get together for real and go at it... I could take 'em! ;)

(That is, if I can bring my light saber)

02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
In your dreams, Mike, in your dreams!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TimothyBFan
02-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Mike-BEHAVE!!

I know I've heard you guys talk about how good it was at the POT shows so I'm sure he was having an off night, especially if it did appear that he was battling a cold. And chances are really good that video isn't doing it justice and it was much better live. (yes I'm trying to get back in the good graces of our administrator!) ;)

Is there audio of him doing LITFL somewhere on the site? I would love to hear it. To be honest--I guess I always figured all Eagles songs were fine with interchangeable singers, but I will also admit that I am one who doesn't take well to change so I tend to like the original Eagles songs better then when they change them up.

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm so relieved that others have the same opinion of LITFL. I was debating whether I would post my impression. Guess I needn't have worried. I was looking forward to hearing it, but was quite disapointed, sorry to say. :-( Soda, how did he do on the verse of "Dirty Laundry" that he sang?

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry everyone is so disappointed - it's my fault for talking it up in my review and getting everyone excited about it. I was just so thrilled to hear him do something different and it did sound good to me at the time.

MikeA
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
That's just not fair! I had this image involving ropes and mud and water. I'll bet if you put the idea to Glenn, he'd come watch!

luvthelighthouse
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Mike, I'm still laughing over you noticing the mic placement!

I will not fight my friends... okay, a saber dual maybe!

Soda, you didn't get me jazzed... I just saw, "glenn sang LITFL" and I thought, cool! I'm SURE, if I were there, I would have LOVED it. Everything is different live. The expierence makes it so. If it didn't, there would never be a reason to perform live.

Also, over the course of the LROOE tour, I often hear, "glenn is struggling". Honestly, most of the time "I" don't even hear it. I didn't think he was stuggling w/his voice, as I thought he sang it too slow, or played it too fast. :shrug:

In any case, it's still wonderful to hear and see Glenn...always!!!

MikeA
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Mic Placement is pretty important. Yesterday, I was playing around with my Dynamic Mic an my acoustic amp and came up with this....It's a tribute to Glenn so I recon it's okay to play it here.

Fender Acoustasonic Jr. acoustic amp (super clean)
Les Paul with pickups turned way down
Realistic Optimus Dynamic mic (piece of crap)

I had to use an equalizer on the track after I recorded it to bring up the bass. The microphone lops off the low end.

I didn't dangle the mic over the front of the amp during this recording (used a boom stand with the mic about 6" from the speaker). But later, I came back and placed the mic directly on the speaker grill. It really didn't make any difference. I guess the guys know what they are doing <LOL>

http://mvabercrombie.net/War%20LP%20Acoustasonic.mp3

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry everyone is so disappointed - it's my fault for talking it up in my review and getting everyone excited about it. I was just so thrilled to hear him do something different and it did sound good to me at the time.

And we're thrilled to see it. Thanks so much for posting it. I'm sure it did sound better in person. There were people in the audience singing along & unless it is professionally recorded the balance between the singers & the individual instruments can be off. (Not to say that you're not a pro, Soda ;), but you know what I mean, with mics on each instrument & levels being monitored, etc). All this distorts the sound.

That being said, I think Glenn should have sung this in a lower key. It seemed to be a bit out of his range for him to be comfortable with it, especially if he had a cold.

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't remember reading an inordinate amount of reviews about Glenn "struggling." I'm sure he had some off nights but I went to several shows and have a lot of bootlegs from the tour and his voice is strong on them, so it's not just the fervor of being there that makes me say it.

luvthelighthouse
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
[quote=sodascouts;98597]I don't remember reading an inordinate amount of reviews about Glenn "struggling." quote]

A good majority of the overseas show commented on how he was having a hard time at the beginning of the show, but by the end he was dead on. Also, I think a couple of people here on the boarder mentioned he was off when they saw LROOE. However, "I" don't notice it. I think he always sounds great. I'm not techy enough to notice that sort of thing, unless it's so obvious.

Really though, I'm more than happy to see any Eagle do anything! I'm such a groupie. lol

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I understand, LTL. I'm a groupie too. ;)

I made a tour page that collected everything in one place. Cami and Dreamer, if one or both of you would like to write up an official review, I'll add it/them to the page.

You can find the tour page here: http://www.glennfreyonline.com/tour/lahob2010.htm

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
And we're thrilled to see it. Thanks so much for posting it. I'm sure it did sound better in person...
That being said, I think Glenn should have sung this in a lower key. It seemed to be a bit out of his range for him to be comfortable with it, especially if he had a cold.

Yep, at the risk of sounding like Randy Jackson, it was a little pitchy for me dawg!:hilarious:

I don't want anyone to feel like we're beating up on Glenn here. We're all fans. I would have been thrilled to stand at his feet and have him sing LITFL or anything else for that matter. I mean come on people - it's Glenn Frey!

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Heavens, no! We would never beat up on our Glenn! I guess we are so used to such stellar performances from him that if he has one song that is not up to par we really notice it.

WE LOVE YOU GLENN :inlove::iloveyou::heart:.

02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
First of all, Soda the tour page is great as usual. Here is set list that I got courtesy of Michael Thompson. It's not much - just a set list, but kinda cool, nonetheless, since it was his. You can see the black tape at the top where it was taped on his piano.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/HOBSetlist.jpg

Now, a few thoughts about the covers ... I love how they messed up the name of Change the World. It made me feel a lot better after seeing that because I had never heard the song before. As a matter of fact, I looked at Soda when Deacon was singing it and said "Isn't this a pretty song, wonder if Glenn wrote it just for tonight?" Soda looked at me and said something like "Uh no - it's an old song." Oh well - sounded new to me! :grin: I, of course, was very familiar with Jet Airliner and Reelin' In the Years and was very pleasantly shocked when they started singing them. Guess I shouldn't have been too surprised that Glenn would play a Steely Dan song though given his pronounced fandom. I also had heard 'of' Werewolves of London, but honestly don't remember ever actually hearing the song before Saturday night. I've since listened to Warren's version on YouTube, and I think it's safe to say that I like the cover better. :wink: As soon as Glenn started singing All Shook Up, I immediately thought of the two biggest Elvis fans I know - my sister and Mrs. Frey and how delighted they would be. :thumbsup:

Freypower
02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry, but where is the video for LITFL? It is not on this topic?!! It's not on the tour page! It's not on YouTube! PLEASE HELP ME! I have read all these comments about it and I can't see it!!!!

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
It was...

Freypower
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, it isn't now. I have gone through the last four pages and I see nothing. As I say, it is also not on YouTube.

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry FP, Soda must have deleted it.

Freypower
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Soda, can you PLEASE post the LITFL video once more so I can see it. Much appreciated. Judging from the negative comments I probably won't think much of it but it is important that I see it.

Prettymaid
02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Soda, can you PLEASE post the LITFL video once more so I can see it. Much appreciated. Judging from the negative comments I probably won't think much of it but it is important that I see it.

On the contrary FP, I actually thought of you as we were posting our comments, knowing that you would be defending the video to the end! :hilarious:

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I sent you a link to it, FP. It's still on YouTube, only I made it private.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!

ETA: I went ahead and restored the post - it's there now.

02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
As far as anyone 'beating up' on Glenn, I don't look at it that way. On the Border, everyone is entitled to their respectful opinions and that's how it should be. As I said before, I agree that the song was not his best work, but I also said it did sound much better live. Hey, he's human just like the rest of us, and is not infallible. I, for one, am not one who holds my hero up on a pedestal and thinks of him as an perfect being. I calls 'em as I sees (or hears) 'em. :wink:

I remember after I saw Don's solo show last November that I came back and said that he was struggling vocally as well that night. I guess it happens to the best of 'em from time to time - doesn't mean I love 'em any less.

TimothyBFan
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Can I just say that I feel I must apologize here for starting the whole darn thing by making that first comment. I am so sorry and should of just kept my thoughts to myself. :sigh: It was not meant to be a bash. I would of loved to have been there and am sure it was just a fluke.

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Willie, I already told you that you don't need to apologize. You've done nothing wrong, nor has anyone else. People are free to post their opinions. I should have been more discriminating in which videos I posted. I've rectified my mistake, so the discussion was productive. Thanks for your frankness - you and everyone else who posted. I'm glad folks aren't afraid to voice their thoughts.

Freypower
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, God help me, it worked for me. Thanks to Soda for linking me to it - I have now also signed up to YouTube myself now.

I suppose if you're not familiar with that semi-talking style that he does on the 'swamp' version of Smuggler's Blues, it won't appeal (and I know that some of our Borderers don't particularly like that version).

I didn't think he struggled. It isn't as slick as Don's version but it seemed to have an extra edge of cynicism. I am so delighted to hear him doing something that he normally wouldn't do. Perhaps I am too easy to please where this man is concerned. But I loved it.

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
No sweat FP! There were some nice close-ups you might consider screen-capping if you have the time... just a thought!

Freypower
02-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Gee whiz Soda... whatever made you think...

Just let me get them saved to Photobucket. Thank you so much for doing this. We are eternally grateful.

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Can I just say that I feel I must apologize here for starting the whole darn thing by making that first comment. I am so sorry and should of just kept my thoughts to myself. :sigh: It was not meant to be a bash. I would of loved to have been there and am sure it was just a fluke.

Don't apologize! At least the rest of us know that we're not crazy. You're just braver that we are by being the first to comment.

Soda, could you please send me the link too. You know we crave any little tidbit of Glenn that we can get our hands (ears & eyes) on! Oh, by the way, did anyone get a pic of the new young "percussionist" LOL?

sodascouts
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Otis was kind of in the back so I didn't really see much of him and didn't get any video - not sure if Cami got photos. Basically, just picture a shrunk Deacon and you get Otis.

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I just want to take a minute to sincerely thank Soda, Cami & Dreamer for their reporting of the show to us Borderers who were so anxiously waiting for news of the concert. All three of you took the time to send a review that night even though you were still travelling & extremely tired. You then continued to post detailed reviews, pictures & videos when you still must have been exhausted from the trip. You know we live vicariously through those Borderers who attend these events when we can't. Never for a minute think that your efforts are not greatly appreciated ! Thanks again!!!! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Basically, just picture a shrunk Deacon and you get Otis.

Too cute!

I echo everything that GL said. This trip was fun for all of us.

GlennLover
02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Otis was kind of in the back so I didn't really see much of him and didn't get any video - not sure if Cami got photos. Basically, just picture a shrunk Deacon and you get Otis.

So funny! I heard in the past that Otis was a miniature Deacon. I wondered where Deacon had grow so much if this was still the case. Otis should be proud to resemble his good looking older brother.

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 01:26 AM
It's a good-looking family, that's for sure.

And thanks for the kind words, guys! :grouphug:

Stars
02-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I'd love to see a recent pic of Otis, if anyone has one. How old is he now, about seven?

GlennLover
02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd love to see a recent pic of Otis, if anyone has one. How old is he now, about seven?

From everything I've read, I think that he will be 7 in May.

Everyone is right. He'll be 8. I was going from my memory & "it ain't what it used to be".

Glennhoney
02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
mm..I'm thinking he was born in 2002...and he would be 8 in May...am I right?...does anyone know for sure?.
...and thank you, thank you ladies for your stories, pictures and videos...you don't know how lucky you are to have seen this man live so many times...and his family....so happy for you all.....by the way, were there any Cindy or Taylor sightings?

Stars
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks, you guys. I do think Otis was born in 2002, which means he will turn 8 this year. How time flies!
Glennhoney, I wanted to mention how much I love your AV. What a great smile!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I admit I have a horrific memory for such things, but I do believe he was born in 2002 and is coming up on 8 this year.

Taylor most likely wasn't in town, but I imagine Cindy was probably there on the second floor with the VIPs. We plebes on the floor couldn't even make out the faces up there!

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Just noticed Cami's new avatar! I can't wait to see the photo it came from!

Molly
02-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I admit I have a horrific memory for such things, but I do believe he was born in 2002 and is coming up on 8 this year.

Taylor most likely wasn't in town, but I imagine Cindy was probably there on the second floor with the VIPs. We plebes on the floor couldn't even make out the faces up there!

I do believe it was 2002. I remember that because my godson, Jon, was born June 4,2002 -so they're the same age.

Brooke
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm way behind here and can't wait to watch all these vids! It sounds like all of you that went had a wonderful time and that Glenn and Deacon looked and sounded great! Can't wait to listen to it all, so will have to reserve my opinion for later, but I'm sure it's all good. Hearing Glenn sing different songs than usual will be a thrill.

I'm loving your new avs and the pics we've seen. Thanks so much guys!

Brooke
02-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok, just wow! Thanks so much for the vids, Nancy! What would we do without you? This is all much appreciated.

Glenn is looking as handsome as ever (plaid for a change-it looks great on him! :nod: ) and I loved hearing him do these different songs! And yes, the jeans and t-shirt just make him look much younger and more hip than the suits. Although, he does do a suit justice :smokin: , too, I prefer him in jeans. Just way more rock starish, imo.

As for LITFL, I love it! It's not as polished as the Eagles with Don do it, but hey, it's a live, fun thing for him to do! It's not meant to be polished. Loved Werewolves, too.

And Cami, your pics are wonderful! A cell phone you say? Great!

Wildthyme
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
A couple more photos from the House of Blues show. I posted them in Lisa's birthday thread but I thought I should post them here too.

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0120-1.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Photo0140-1.jpg

Troubadour
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Okay, seriously... yum. :smitten: I'm sure I would have walked away from that show with a little bit of a crush.

Thanks for posting them, Cami. You can be our appointed photographer in San Jose, then!

Brooke
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks Cami! Very nice indeed! :smitten:

03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Okay, seriously... yum. :smitten: I'm sure I would have walked away from that show with a little bit of a crush.

Well, I'm certainly glad that didn't happen to me!!! :lol: :blush:

(But I have to admit, Glenn's looks so freakin' good in Soda's LIFL video that I find myself just a teeny bit smitten!!!)

And Cami, those two pics are also gorgeous!

One other thing I meant to mention earlier - if you go to about the 5:50 mark in the YBTTC video, you can get a very brief glimpse of Otis. He is standing in the back next to Richie Mangicaro (to Deacon's right as you are looking at the screen), but ya gotta be quick to see him.

GlennLover
03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
One other thing I meant to mention earlier - if you go to about the 5:50 mark in the YBTTC video, you can get a very brief glimpse of Otis. He is standing in the back next to Richie Mangicaro (to Deacon's right as you are looking at the screen), but ya gotta be quick to see him.

Thanks, Dreamer. I see him now. It appears that he's right on the beat. But why wouldn't he be? He's a Frey. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Mmmmmm Beautiful Cami! They are wonderful.

Super Frey
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
:heybaby::heybaby::heybaby:

Peekaboo
03-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Now this was a wonderful thread to read and look through. LOVED the pics!! LOVED the vids!! And I LOVED the reviews!!! Thanks so much Soda, Dreamer, and WT for sharing these wonderful treats with the rest of us. You ladies are awesome! Looks like you all had an amazing and memorable trip.