PDA

View Full Version : Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario,CA May 22nd.

carol7lynn
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I am dying! This is too good to be true. My prayers for the Eagles to play the new concert venue that opened last year only 3 miles from my front door have been answered. What a rush! And, it's going to be on a Saturday night, May 22nd, too.

Presale is Monday, March 1st. Don't expect much as it will be an AMEX generic presale but the good news is when the tixs go on sale I can go to the box office and hopefully get a better seat. OMG!:faint:

As an aside: Yesterday on the Mark & Brian show they tried calling Irving Azoff to settle an argument they were having with another member of their morning radio team, Frank Sontag, to find out if the Hotel California album cover was shot at the Beverly Hills Hotel or at the old Camarillo State (Mental) Hospital on Channel Island-it's now a college. They never got him on the phone but it made for high drama. While they were waiting to see if they could get Irving on the phone Kelly, the lone female jock, suggested they get Timmy on the phone since he is such a big fan of their show.

I love LA. Finally the boys are back in town for a long seige.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 07:59 PM
That's great! I didn't see this one announced - thanks for the heads-up!

carol7lynn
02-24-2010, 08:10 PM
It's on their offical web-site so it must be so. I'm hoping they don't sell ILAA VIP tixs-so far they haven't listed them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The venue is a great place to see a concert. Way smaller than the Bowl or even the Honda Center and get this-parking is free-imagine that. I saw REO Speedwagon there last May. Very few steps to the floor so you don't have to worry about making an emergency run to the B-room or spilling your beer on the way back. Security was really cool. Nothing between you and the stage either. I am so there!

Caarol-Lynn

Troubadour
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Thrilled for you, Carol-Lynn. Sounds like a fab venue!

Freypower
02-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I am dying! This is too good to be true. My prayers for the Eagles to play the new concert venue that opened last year only 3 miles from my front door have been answered. What a rush! And, it's going to be on a Saturday night, May 22nd, too.

Presale is Monday, March 1st. Don't expect much as it will be an AMEX generic presale but the good news is when the tixs go on sale I can go to the box office and hopefully get a better seat. OMG!:faint:

As an aside: Yesterday on the Mark & Brian show they tried calling Irving Azoff to settle an argument they were having with another member of their morning radio team, Frank Sontag, to find out if the Hotel California album cover was shot at the Beverly Hills Hotel or at the old Camarillo State (Mental) Hospital on Channel Island-it's now a college. They never got him on the phone but it made for high drama. While they were waiting to see if they could get Irving on the phone Kelly, the lone female jock, suggested they get Timmy on the phone since he is such a big fan of their show.

I love LA. Finally the boys are back in town for a long seige.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

It's the Beverly Hills Hotel, whifch I thought was common knowledge.

carol7lynn
02-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Freypower,

Seems there is an urban legend here in SoCal that the pix was shot at a now closed state mental institution. One caller said both her parents worked there and they were actually present when the photo was shot. Another guy claimed he used to ride his bycycle near the hospital and swore it was the setting for the album cover. It made for high drama while we all waited, for over an hour, to hear from Irving-who never called in by the way. They probably shot both places then decided on the BHH.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm starting to panic. The Eagles have pulled the date from their web-site but LiveNation is now advertising it. Keeping my fingers crossed. Say it ain't so Joe!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Hmm! Strange! Sure hope it comes off.

carol7lynn
02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Hmm! Strange! Sure hope it comes off.

You and me both Nancy!:doh:

I called the venue and they don't know anything. Not surprised. I then chatted on-line :computer:with a LiveNation rep who assured me that they were "indeed playing there." We'll see.

I remember a similar thing happening last year for the REO/Styxx/38 Special Show. They listed the venue, i.e., Citizens Business Bank, then out of the clear blue sky the listing mysteriously disappeared only to reappear after tickets went on sale for the band's Nokia LA Live show. They're both AEG venues-as is Staples. I'm wondering if the Eagles are in negotiations to also play Staples or the Nokia too. They did multiple shows during their Cali 2005 tour at both the Honda Center and Staples so we will see. I'm just glad there are other venues other than the Bowl.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Prettymaid
02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
I googled the Camarillo State Mental Hospital and got these...

Scroll down to "In movies and music".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camarillo_State_Mental_Hospital

http://www.cshemployees.com/

It sure doesn't look like Hotel California... Wiki must be closer to the truth.

sodascouts
02-25-2010, 07:09 PM
It's obvious to anyone who looks that the exterior shot on the cover is of the Beverly Hills Hotel.

However, the interior is another matter. I can see how some might believe there is a resemblance regarding the interior shot, if this photo of the dining area is any indication of the hospital's decor; it's obviously in the same style.

http://www.cshemployees.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/deer_from_back_med.jpg

Still, I can't imagine them allowing these guys to shoot in there.

TimothyBFan
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
This is probably inappropriate but if indeed it was shot at the Mental Hospital, it gives a whole new meaning to "you can check out but you can never leave". :eyebrow: Sorry! Had to go there! (and yes, I'm aware that mental health is not a joke!)

Prettymaid
02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
This is probably inappropriate but if indeed it was shot at the Mental Hospital, it gives a whole new meaning to "you can check out but you can never leave". :eyebrow: Sorry! Had to go there! (and yes, I'm aware that mental health is not a joke!)

Yeah, I think that line is probably where the urban legend came from.

Again, from Wiki:

Perhaps the most famous song associated with the facility was "Hotel California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_California_(song))" by The Eagles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eagles), which was rumored to be about a stay in a mental hospital among residents of Ventura County (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventura_County,_California)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]; These claims have been consistently refuted by the band. Songwriter Don Henley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Henley) said in a 1995 interview that it was written about "the zeitgeist of the time", meaning about their lifestyle as celebrity musicians in L.A. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles) in the 70s.

carol7lynn
03-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Presale never materialized. The venue knows nothing, LiveNation knows nothing and TM doesn't even have the show listed. What a nighmare.

The local papers (The Daily Bulletin/Press Enterprise) have the event listed on their websites and a few other news outlets have posted the event on-line but so far no tickets are being sold. Aweeck!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:fainted:

carol7lynn
03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
The Eagles have re-listed the Ontario,CA show with a new on sale date on Monday, March 15th. :brickwall:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

carol7lynn
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
The Eagles made the front page of our local daily today. It's now official.

Here is a link to the paper's front page: (hard copy had a pix of Glenn, Scott and Don)

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_14515000

And, one of their staff writer's also mentioned them in his column. Here is that link.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/search/ci_14513863?IADID=Search-www.dailybulletin.com-www.dailybulletin.com

I still can't believe it. I remember thinking, when they opened the place last year, how nice it would be if the Eagles would play there but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would happen.

I guess I can relax now-finally.

Carol-Lynn

Troubadour
03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Good news!

carol7lynn
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Had to work today so I didn't get in the presale until 2:45 p.m. Still fairly decent seats left-9th row in all three front orchestra sections but I passed. I figure if they're that good this late into the presale then the general sale should be awesome. I'm taking the say off for that as I can go to the arena if necessary.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
03-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Good thing I passed on both the AMEX and general on-sale tix as they just dropped 107 seats in the center floor section. I got 5th row-dead center for $199-inclusive.

What luck.

FYI: The interactive map won't let you select just one seat unless there are an odd number of seats available in that row. Sure I would have liked to have front row but 5th row is fine for face for this venue it's so small and parking is free. Lot cheaper than the Bowl which I hate anyway.

So anyway, now that I'm done crowing like an idiot, if anyone lives in SoCal and like me didn't want to cough up $300 to sit in a box at the Bowl or wait for tickets to drop at the Honda Center here's your chance. Still 106 primo seats, F2 rows 5-13. Use the interactive map or chose Floor if you use the normal box office web page.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

sodascouts
03-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, CL! You are the ticket mistress! ;)

carol7lynn
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks Nancy. I'm just happy that I got the tix for face without going through ILAA. As everyone probably knows by now, I have a bone to pick what ILAA. Anytime I can get a good seat without paying their prices is a good day for me.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Time to open this anticipatory thread.

I'm starting to get ramped up for the show and am saying lots of prayers that God heals Timmy :iloveyou: and the Onatrio,CA. show is not canceled too. I never in my wildest dreams thought they'd play:band: in a venue three miles from my front door.

Carol-Lyn
SoCalGal:inlove:

Carolina Girl
05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Time to open this anticipatory thread.

I'm starting to get ramped up for the show and am saying lots of prayers that God heals Timmy :iloveyou: and the Onatrio,CA. show is not canceled too. I never in my wildest dreams thought they'd play:band: in a venue three miles from my front door.

Carol-Lyn
SoCalGal:inlove:

Gonna add a prayer that this goes as planned for you---and Tim!

---------------------------------------------------------
Patty

carol7lynn
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks Carolina-Girl!:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
05-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Just upgraded to row 2 center section inside aisle seat in front of Timmy. God does love me! WhooHoo!:partytime:

Carol-Lynn

Ive always been a dreamer
05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Excellent! :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I have an extra ticket for center section center seat row 5 if anyone is interested. I'll let it go for $100. Let me know.

Carol-Lynn

luvthelighthouse
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I have an extra ticket for center section center seat row 5 if anyone is interested. I'll let it go for $100. Let me know.

Carol-Lynn

Sure, tease a midwestern gal why don't ya?

I'm so happy you were able to upgrade to such a premium seat, row 2... not like 5th row was bad!

I can't wait for your review!

carol7lynn
05-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I know. I'm so spoiled. But I had to grab the seat. Home court advantage and all.

I'm going to see Foreinger, Styx, and Kansas at the same venue tomorrow night from the same seat just two more rows back so I'll get a jump on camera policy and security. I am so amped! Bought 4 roles of 800 speed 35mm film for Ontario and Chula Vista so get prepared Border-Babes for some juicy photos. Oh, Baby,Baby!

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
CL, can't wait! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
CL , you lucky duck!

pueblo47
05-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Good ole Joe! He did it just for YOU cuz somebody out there reads this board and relays it on.....seems probable to me. Look at how everything has worked out for the Borderers.........:thumbsup:

carol7lynn
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Good ole Joe! He did it just for YOU cuz somebody out there reads this board and relays it on.....seems probable to me. Look at how everything has worked out for the Borderers.........:thumbsup:

Someone once said, "There are no coincidences." Maybe you're right.

I was at the venue (CBBA) last night for another concert and let me tell you I could have smuggled in an assault rifle and danced on the stage for all security cared. Cameras were a go with or without flash.

They blocked the first three rows off from the rest of the floor and let anyone in those three rows go to the stage and stand there all night if they wanted to and security was no where to be seen. Now with the Eagles, it may be a different story, but since I'm in the second row I'm good.

The venue is smaller than I remembered it. It's really an intimate venue for an Eagles show.

Anyway, two more days. Looks like Denver is a go and they're rescheduled the other shows so this week-end should be a go. Also, I expect that one of the Eagles will mention that they played on the same grounds (California Motor Speedway) back in 1974 at Cal Jam.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
The local daily ran a front page story complete with the usual LROE pix about the Eagles playing the CBBA tomorrow night. Getting even more excited. :partytime:

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Prettymaid
05-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm excited for you CL! Sounds like a great venue!

carol7lynn
05-22-2010, 08:43 AM
News from the Eagles' front-line!:partytime:

It's 5:40 a.m. and I've been awake for two hours. Got to hit the mall early to get a drop-dead outfit and will probably cruise by the venue on my way home just to see the load-in.

Stay Tuned! The Inland Empire is gonna rock tonight! :hilarious:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

carol7lynn
05-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Okay then here is your first bit of news.

According to the local paper, the venue is expecting the show to sell out and parking to be a nightmare. Here is the link in case you want to read it for yourself. But I'm not too concerned as there is a min-mall within walking distance I could park at.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_15137076?source=rss_viewed

Carol-Lynn

Prettymaid
05-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't get towed CL! :hilarious:

Thanks for all the pre-concert info. As we told Cynd in the Denver thread we'll take every morsel we can get!

Koala
05-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah, thanks for the pre-concert infos, can't wait to hear all about the concert! :)

carol7lynn
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Just swung by the CBBA. Trucks and buses are in the nw lot and roadies milling about. Looks like it's a go.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn