PDA

View Full Version : Marie Osmond's son commits suicide.

TimothyBFan
02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
This is so sad. Hadn't heard about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/27/entertainment/main6251329.shtml

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-son-michael-blosil-death-investigation-suicide,=/

Troubadour
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
How awful. Incredibly sad.

bernie's bender
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I've got two kids. My first year of college, my best friend killed himself and every couple of years when I go 'home' I go to see his dad (who was also one of my teachers in jr. high)....

I cannot even imagine how much it must hurt.

About three years ago, I dropped by to see my friends dad and took the kids. As we walked out to the car he told me that my visits brought mixed feelings... and that he wanted me to keep coming but that it was hard for him... all he could see is what he didn't have and how I'd 'made something of myself."

I cannot know what Marie must feel, I know she has battled her demons, I just hope the whole family finds some peace. I'm not sure I'll ever really find peace in my friend Mark's death...

When we're young we just don't know that no matter what happens... things always change (maybe not always for the better)... but, you can survive almost anything... and being alive, well, it can be a bitch, but it sure does beat not having the experiences we CAN have (even the bad ones have had value for me.)

GlennLover
02-28-2010, 09:05 PM
My heart goes out to Marie!

AzEaglesFan
03-01-2010, 02:46 AM
How sad for the whole family. When I was 18 years old I thought I owned the world, can't imagine someone so young being that depressed. At least Marie tried to get him help.

Molly
03-01-2010, 09:18 AM
My heart goes out to the family. Time heals the hurt somewhat, but you never get "over" it. They will spend a lifetime wondering why, what if, and what more could I have done?

"Who told you life wasn't worth the fight? They were wrong, they lied."
-"Why" by Rascall Flatts

Ive always been a dreamer
03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
What a very sad story! My heart goes out to Marie and the entire Osmond family. I can't imagine the pain and sorrow they must be feeling.

MikeA
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
For some youth, it doesn't take much to push them over the edge. I have a really close friend who lost his son to suicide. The kid was a mess unfortunately and my friend felt terrible guilty about the whole situation. He felt that he had spent so much time becoming successful that he'd neglected his youngest son. The boy was just in a trainwreck with drugs. He'd spent most of his teenaged years in therapy. Joined the Navy finally and seemed to be coming out of it. But he was on shore leave and got ripped (booze, drugs, who knows) I guess. Anyway, he didn't get back to the ship in time....it left port without him. He just "gave up". Left a note to his parents that was heart breaking.

TimothyBFan
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
My cousin Denny committed suicide around this age also. He was in some trouble and I guess felt that it was the only way out even tho he did have family support. Till the day my aunt died just last year, she never had a day where she didn't think and feel guilty about it. She never got over it as did either of his sisters. They never think about what something like this will do to those that are left behind to deal with it for years and years.

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
That's the thing. When people contemplate suicide, I wish they would consider that while it will "solve" their problems, it will cause immeasurable pain to those who love them the most. Better we suffer than those we love.

The Osmonds are in my prayers.

Brooke
03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Mine, too. What a terrible tragedy.

tbs fanatic
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I've only just seen this. How terrible. My heart goes out to Marie and her family.