Brooke
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Freypower, are you in this somewhere? :lol:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35634789/ns/world_news-weird_news/

5,200 strip for nude photo shoot in Sydney
‘It doesn’t feel sexual, it just feels tribal,’ says one participant

Video

O nudo mio! Naked at the opera
March 1: More than 5,000 people posed in the buff at the Sydney Opera House in Australia for photographer Spencer Tunick.
Today show

updated 6:52 a.m. CT, Mon., March. 1, 2010
SYDNEY - About 5,200 naked people have embraced each other on the steps of the iconic Sydney Opera House for a photo shoot by photographer Spencer Tunick.

Participants in Monday's event by Tunick, who is known for his nude group photos in public spaces, posed for more than an hour in a variety of positions.

"It was difficult to get the straight people to embrace the gay participants and vice versa," Tunick said. "So I was very happy that that last set up finally got done and everyone came together, united, friendly kiss, a loving kiss in front of this great structure."

Nineteen-year-old student Art Rush said he was thrilled to participate.

"I'll never get a chance to do this again, it's not worth being inhibited," Rush said. "It doesn't feel sexual, it just feels tribal, a gathering of humanity."

Freypower
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
He has conducted quite a few of these shoots now - he did one in Amsterdam and on the banks of the Yarra River in Melbourne.

Call me a prude, but that is the very last thing you will find me doing.

Prettymaid
03-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll bet you could call 99.9% of us here prudes! :hilarious:

Brooke
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Agreed! :lol:

Freypower
03-04-2010, 06:10 PM
It was good timing on Tunics' part because the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras is underway. People always seem to lose their inhibitions at Mardi Gras time.The Opera House is a spectacular backdrop, I'll give you that. I suppose it's still a big deal for people who are seeing it for the first time.

As far as doing this shoot I suppose people should be applauded for their courage (although you can look at that both ways).