PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Heart

DonFan
03-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Crazy Heart is a crazy good movie. How can I NOT like the story of an aging country singer who falls in love with the journalist sent to interview him? Heck, I spent the majority of my time dreaming about that very thing several years ago!

In no way am I saying that Don is like Bad Blake, the down-on-his-luck alcoholic played so brilliantly by Jeff Bridges in the movie. And I am well aware the Maggie Gyllenhall's journalist is quite a bit younger than me. What I am saying, however, is that this movie gets many things right: the older singer fighting with younger stars in a changing industry; the electric feel of a live concert, whether the venue is large or an intimate bar; the looks on the faces of the women--yes, mostly older women, but many younger ones too--as they listen to their idol; and the intimate access that some journalists are privy to when they are granted interviews with these performers. Jeff Bridges has an undeniable appeal onstage, and his raspy delivery of these songs was indeed reminiscent of another singer who stole my heart.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend it highly. And I will definitely be pulling for Jeff Bridges to win the Oscar for Best Actor tonight!

sodascouts
03-07-2010, 03:36 PM
ooh, I gotta check this out! Thanks for the rec! And yeah, I'm sure you could relate. ;)

Brooke
03-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I've been wanting to see this one, too. Thanks DF!

sodascouts
03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Jeff Bridges just won the Oscar for Best Actor for this performance. Can't wait to see it!

DonFan
03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Yes, I was thrilled Jeff Bridges won last night, and his acceptance speech was funny and touching. My other favorites UP and Sandra Bullock also won. Great show!

Stars
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
DF, hubby, son and I went to see "Crazy Heart" on Sunday, and we all absolutely loved it! Who knew that Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrell could sing so well? I thought they both did a fantastic job, and Maggie G. was excellent too. The songs were wonderful-can't wait to get the soundtrack, and of course I'll be adding the DVD to my collection once it's released.:thumbsup:
Congrats to Jeff Bridges for his Oscar win-VERY well deserved!!:yay::D

DonFan
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Glad you liked it, Stars!

Glennsallnighter
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a good one DF. And I can understand how you can relate entirely to the content!!

bernie's bender
03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I love Jeff Bridges.... well, except for this....

I hate the Eagles

DonFan
03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh, well, no one's perfect! ;)

TimothyBFan
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I remember the first time we watched that movie. When that line came on, I had three sets of eyes turn to me to see my reaction. :hilarious: I played it cool and told them that not everyone could be perfect!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I am glad that Jeff Bridges won strictly for sentimental reasons. I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like one that I would like. I choose to forgive Jeff for his big gaf in The Big Lebowski since I think he was required to say that because of the script. I'm SURE that in real life, Jeff loves the Eagles as much as we do. :wink: :grin:

Troubadour
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I can't wait to see this film.

Prettymaid
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I have to check it out.

Wildthyme
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I saw Crazy Heart recently and I loved it. Jeff Bridges' performance was inspired and he really deserved the Oscar he won.