PDA

View Full Version : What is Glenn promoting???

luvthelighthouse
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
My friend just told me... this morning she was watching WGNTV in Chicago, and they said, "Wednesday morning we'll be talking with Glenn Frey?" Hmmm...

Troubadour
03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Ooh! I don't know, but that's exciting...

sodascouts
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
ooh, we must find out more info on this!!

Glennsallnighter
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Mmmmmmm Sounds interesting..... don't think I'll be able to hear it live though.
*** Wednesday is St Patricks Day*** Hardly announcing a trip to the Emerald isle :pray: :pray: :pray:

(Oh well, it was worth the thought!:wink:)

sodascouts
03-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I called the station and left a message. Hopefully I'll hear back from them with some more info.

Troubadour
03-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Good job, Nancy! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

luvthelighthouse
03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Good work Soda! I hope my friend hear correctly. She knows who Glenn is and has seen the Eagles... so I'm pretty sure she heard right. She said she felt cool because she knew something about an Eagle prior to my knowledge. :hilarious: Now, if we only knew what was up!

Glennsallnighter
03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Way to go Soda!!!! :thumbsup:

Glennhoney
03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
...can't wait to hear........

Peekaboo
03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Good on your friend, LTL, for giving you the heads up. Soda, I sure hope they get back to you because, like everyone else, I want to know more.

Super Frey
03-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Sounds good, Keep us posted Nancy:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Here's what I know so far: according to a lady I spoke with at WGN, Glenn and the Dixie Chicks are going to be on the channel Wednesday. However, she couldn't give me more information about time, what the segment was about, etc. She transferred me over to the morning people but they weren't there and I haven't heard back. Since it's the weekend, I doubt I will until Monday.

GlennLover
03-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks Soda, sounds interesting!

AzEaglesFan
03-13-2010, 02:24 AM
This is very interesting. The last I read the Dixie Chicks weren't doing anything together. The sisters were getting ready to release new music, minus Natalie. I can hardly wait to see what's up.

Stars
03-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Boy, this is exciting news! Soda, thanks for keeping us updated!:thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Mysterious, I like it! Now, I'm going to have to remember to tape the morning show. I don't recall if you can stream that show live or not. I'm going to guess it will be in the Dean Richards section, as he is the entertainment guy.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks a bunch for the 'heads up' about this, ltl. Soda and I were talking last night, and since she may not be available all day on Monday if the station returns her call, I went ahead and sent them an email as well. Hopefully, someone will follow up with one of us. All of the information for the station is on their website if anyone else is interested in contacting them. I'll bet they wouldn't know what hit 'em if all of a sudden they were bombarded with inquiries from fans about this. That'll teach 'em to do a better job with their promotions for Glenn in the future. :wink: :wink:

Prettymaid
03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I see by their website that they do show previews of upcoming morning news shows. Maybe by Monday they will be showing previews for Wednesday.

Wildthyme
03-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Mysterious, I like it! Now, I'm going to have to remember to tape the morning show. I don't recall if you can stream that show live or not. I'm going to guess it will be in the Dean Richards section, as he is the entertainment guy.

You can and I will be on Wednesday! :D

Super Frey
03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Cool

Freypower
03-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Here's what I know so far: according to a lady I spoke with at WGN, Glenn and the Dixie Chicks are going to be on the channel Wednesday. However, she couldn't give me more information about time, what the segment was about, etc. She transferred me over to the morning people but they weren't there and I haven't heard back. Since it's the weekend, I doubt I will until Monday.

Segment or segments?

The only thing Glenn has coming up is the Celebrity Fight Night appearance. Surely he wouldn't be promoting the Eagles a month before the tour starts.

Two of the Dixie Chicks have an album coming out and they will probably be promoting it.

http://www.dixiechicks.com/06_pressDetail.asp?newsID=682

sodascouts
03-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't know if they're on together or not - the lady did say their names all in one breath but that could just mean they're on the same day. It would seem odd for them to be on together but then again this whole thing seems odd!

sodascouts
03-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Mystery solved!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2334

luvthelighthouse
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for finding out. I still have to remember to record the show!

Brooke
03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Ok, I'm confused. Is this on an internet station, tv station, or radio station?

03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Brooke - I would imagine it will be on the internet site, but I'm confused too about whether it's a radio or television broadcast.

They did respond to my email last night, but didn't give me any information - only referred me to another email address. :shock: I haven't gotten any response from that email as of yet. I feel pretty confident that there is going to be something though in light of the tour announcement.

ETA: If this is tv, hopefully some of you Borderers who get this station can record it for us. :pray: :pray:

luvthelighthouse
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
wgntv - it's television and I believe you can stream it online.

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I will be willing to wager a bet that 3Encore will post it on Facebook tomorrow like the one they did earlier today. Just my guess anyways. So don't panic people--pretty sure we will all get to see it.

03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Okay - I got a confirmation on this. Dean Richards of WGNTV will interview Glenn and Natalie on the morning news show tomorrow morning. It will be available to stream online. Not sure about the time though.

And LTL - thanks again to your friend for the heads up on this. What good ears she has!!! :thumbsup:

Freypower
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I have to say it's about time Mr Frey did some promotion work. He normally leaves it to Don.

03-16-2010, 10:51 PM
One other thing about Glenn's appearance on WGN tomorrow - In my haste to post this, I forgot to add that the interview will air on the WGN Morning News AND the WGN Midday News programs according to their email.

GlennLover
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
I get WGNTV! :partytime:I can be home in the morning to watch. I can record it on our PVR but that only saves it for a short time. I hope I will be able to download it from the internet for long term viewing.

03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I guess it would have been easier if I had just copied the gentleman's email over here. But he also said that the entire interview should be posted at some point on Wednesday at www.WGNtv.com/deanslist (http://www.WGNtv.com/deanslist)

luvthelighthouse
03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
The morning show is 5- 8:30. I'm "guessing" the interview will be between the 6-8 hours. Guess we'll find out soon.

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I saw the interview this morning. Glenn was asked if he loved the songs that the Eagles play as much now as in the beginning. He siad he probably loves them more now because HE KNOWS HE WON'T BE DOING THEM MUCH LONGER! :-(:worried::fear::depressed::sigh::ack::headshake:: weep::thumbsdown:

In the second part of the interview Glenn was rubbing his hand & squirming in his chair. Poor sugar looked like he was in pain. He sure looked gorgeous though!!

luvthelighthouse
03-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Saw one of the snippets. When asked how he felt about the guys after all these years... he said something to the effect of, " I love them more because I know it's not going to go on the much longer" or " I love them more because I know we won't be doing this much longer". I don't recall the exact verbage, but it was something to that effect. :-(

Glenn did mention that they "might" use Chicago as a central hub for a week or so. They'll fly to other gigs and return to Chicago after those shows.

That's what I took away from the interview.

luvthelighthouse
03-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Funny GL, we were posting at the same time. I didn't think Glenn looked in pain at all. I just thought he was fidgeting. I speculated it was because he was just sitting in a chair exposed w/nothing else to do w/his hands. Almost a nervous habbit. Just my opinion though.

Yes, you had it quote right, thanks!

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Sounds like they are going to show it again this morning. I took it that he said he wonn't be doing the songs much longer. I also recorded it . I have to go out soon but I'll listen again when I get back to see what he said.

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Just watched it again. It was Natalie who asked Glenn if he still loved the songs as much & he did reply that he probably loved them more now because he won't be doing them much longer!

NO GLENN, SAY IT TSN'T SO!

sodascouts
03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, we knew they'd have to hang it up sometime but.... WAAAH!!!

Oh well, Glenn's been wrong before about the Eagles not playing much longer (California 2005 comes to mind). Let's hope that's the case now, too.

TimothyBFan
03-17-2010, 12:40 PM
It's online now at the link that Dreamer gave on page 4 here.

My thoughts as far as the "not doing much longer", it seemed to be just an off handed remark/joke that he really didn't mean "this is it after this summer, yadda yadda....". Like we all joke, we are all getting older and I wont be doing this job much longer, etc....

Looking good tho!!!

AmarilloByMorning
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Didn't Glenn say in a '70s interview that he didn't want to be playing "Peaceful Easy Feeling" in his 40s? That went well.

I stand by my assertion that they will eventually reunite on the Hell's Just a Sauna tour. Azoff will find a way.

Freypower
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the information everyone. I would like to think that he was joking too because his humour is so dark. On the other hand realism suggests it could be possible.

Prettymaid
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Glenn did mention that they "might" use Chicago as a central hub for a week or so. They'll fly to other gigs and return to Chicago after those shows.

Okay LTL, here's your mission should you decide to accept it (insert Mission Impossible theme)

Find out where they are staying and report back so that we Borderers living nearby can infiltrate. Maybe you'll need to borrow Ticky's girl scout outfit...

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Here is another interview I found that Glenn & Natalie did, on Canada AM. Scroll down Jeff's videos on the right side of the screen to "Musical Acts Team Up For Tour". Don't you just want to scratch Glenn's itch :blush::wink:

http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam/

I wasn't able to download from that site. Can anybody else?

Freypower
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I didn't try downloading it but I see what you mean about his 'itch'. :hilarious: He did not seem to rule out appearing on stage with the Chicks. I liked the 'Don made us do RAC (no he didn't)' and 'crusty old veterans' lines.

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I didn't try downloading it but I see what you mean about his 'itch'. :hilarious: He did not seem to rule out appearing on stage with the Chicks. I liked the 'Don made us do RAC (no he didn't)' and 'crusty old veterans' lines.

I got a kick out of those comments too! :hilarious:

Koala
03-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the link,GL!
As I've watched the video, I noticed that Glenn has a new last name! :hilarious:

(http://javascript<b></b>:changeVideo('','AM0317_music','00:00:00.00','00:0 3:54.00','277358','6'))

Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks and Glenn Grey from The Eagles on the behind the scenes antics that go on during a tour.

TimothyBFan
03-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Taking volunteers!!!! Need someone to put the lotion on Glenn! He needs some moisturizing apparently! Any takers?

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Ah, what the heck, I'll lube him up! :wave:

Molly
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Ah, what the heck, I'll lube him up! :wave:

Get in line, Sister!

Brooke
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Behind me! :lol:

03-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Behind me! :lol:

Who is standing right behind me.

Now, this is one race that I would be up for! :partytime:

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 12:39 PM
And while I only bring it up for the humor, somebody might also want to bring along a tube of Prep H. Did you notice how poor Glenn was sitting? :wink:

sodascouts
03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, I looked at the link and can't find the WGN Interview. Am I missing something?

While I was endeavoring to find it, this handy site (http://www.topix.com/who/the-eagles) led me to an interview on Access Hollywood (http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-eagles-team-up-with-the-dixie-chicks_video_1209595)!

luvthelighthouse
03-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Somehow, some reason, she bugs me. Glenn though... ah, Glenn... he misses his fans and we miss him!

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, I looked at the link and can't find the WGN Interview. Am I missing something?

It's still there Soda. on the right under Canada AM and Jeff's videos. You have to scroll that box down to Musical Acts Team up for Tour.

ETA: Aww, Soda that interview was great! Glenn says if he knew then what he knows now the Eagles would have never broken up. :inlove: That's so sweet!

Again though, what's up with Glenn and the scratching? :headscratch: It's got to be a nervous habit!

GlennLover
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Taking volunteers!!!! Need someone to put the lotion on Glenn! He needs some moisturizing apparently! Any takers?

I've already volunteered. It's my job. Hands off!!! :lightsaber:

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Molly
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
And while I only bring it up for the humor, somebody might also want to bring along a tube of Prep H. Did you notice how poor Glenn was sitting? :wink:

OK, there are lines that even I won't cross! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_6_1041-1.gif Cathy, you are a sick woman. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 05:50 PM
OK, there are lines that even I won't cross! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_6_1041-1.gif Cathy, you are a sick woman. :thumbsup:

Okay, but you guys were thinking it too...right?... :blush:

sodascouts
03-18-2010, 05:53 PM
It's still there Soda. on the right under Canada AM and Jeff's videos. You have to scroll that box down to Musical Acts Team up for Tour.

Thanks PM but actually I was referring to the WGN interview (http://www.wgntv.com/deanslist). The video that was called "Eagles to Chicago" didn't have the interview, and I didn't see it referred to elsewhere. Thankfully, Dreamer alerted me to the fact that the interview was actually contained in the video entitled "Oprah in Court."

Always glad to see Glenn do interviews but I can't pretend that the fidgeting and itching weren't distracting. Is he allergic to his top? At least the jeans were stylin'.

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks PM but actually I was referring to the WGN interview. The video that was called "Eagles to Chicago" didn't have the interview, and I didn't see it referred to elsewhere. Thankfully, Dreamer alerted me to the fact that the interview was actually contained in the video entitled "Oprah in Court."

Always glad to see Glenn do interviews but I can't pretend that the fidgeting and itching wasn't distracting. Is he allergic to his top? At least the jeans were stylin'.

:doh: I saw the WGN in your post and totally dismissed it! Sorry! :hilarious:

I agree he looks good in all of the interviews, but shirt or jeans - he's always scratchin' somewhere!

Freypower
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Somehow, some reason, she bugs me.

Glenn though... ah, Glenn... he misses his fans and we miss him!

Yeah. Where do I start with this?

Do you know on Sky News Showbiz last night the headline read 'Dixie Chicks on Tour' and you had to go to the story to find out the Eagles were involved. This seems all about them and revitalising their careers. :brickwall:

But he is so persuasive. First he did more scratching - this time his left hip. Then he starts with the missing the fans stuff. I can assure him that there are people down here who have missed him in particular for a very long time.

TimothyBFan
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Do you know on Sky News Showbiz last night the headline read 'Dixie Chicks on Tour' and you had to go to the story to find out the Eagles were involved. This seems all about them and revitalising their careers. :brickwall:

:roll: I totally agree!! That's exactly what it seems like to me more and more as I see these interviews and read the articles. It sickens me. :yuck: I want to know what the Dixie Chicks have on the Eagles that they are blackmailing them with to get them to do this for them. :laugh: And so far I haven't heard much mention of poor ol' Keith at all! He must be lying low!

Prettymaid
03-19-2010, 08:39 AM
I want to know what the Dixie Chicks have on the Eagles that they are blackmailing them with to get them to do this for them. :laugh:

Well, they've all slept together... ;)

(Okay, I'm just kidding!) :steviesmack: :hilarious:

MikeA
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I realize that you are all being rather light hearted about the DCs and Eagles, but their performance together doesn't surprise me much. Seems I've heard both Henley and Walsh give them props for their outspoken political views. Possibly, they were encouraged by Henley back when they blasted Bush.

Molly
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
:doh: I saw the WGN in your post and totally dismissed it! Sorry! :hilarious:

I agree he looks good in all of the interviews, but shirt or jeans - he's always scratchin' somewhere!

When he's not scratching, he's adjusting! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-19-2010, 03:38 PM
When he's not scratching, he's adjusting! :thumbsup:

You kill me :rofl:!

Glennhoney
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
...when I had my first quick look at the first interview, I worried that he had Parkinsons or something like it, but reviewing it again and again, he just can't sit still.....funny for somebody who's been in the business for so long, to still be uncomfortable with interviews...I guess it's something you never get used to...especially when you don't do them often.....but he looks and sounds great!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I know what you mean GL because it kind of reminded me of interviews of Michael J. Fox when he announced his diagnosis - but that was caused by medication, not by the disease itself. Recently in LA, Glenn showed no such tendencies, so I wouldn't worry.

In this interview, he looked physically uncomfortable to me - like he was itching all over and trying very hard to resist the urge to scratch. It is possible he was having a bad reaction to a medication, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's suffering from anything catastrophic other than the RA we already know he has. At any rate I hate to speculate about such things - I reiterate, he seemed fine in LA.

Glennhoney
03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
..yes I breathed a sigh of relief when I had a better look the second time I watched it........could have been a number of things that made fidget the way he did...just as long as he's healthy...:yay:

luvthelighthouse
03-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Some people just can't still still. I have several family members like this. They are constantly tapping fingers, touching their face, moving their legs, etc. Just plain old fidgeting. It's enough to drive you mad if you are sitting next to them. As for Glenn, the itching could just be dry skin. If I don't properly lotion up my skin gets very itchy!

03-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah - I agree that some people just fidget. As I said before, I read Glenn's body language in the series of interviews as him just being a bit uncomfortable or uneasy (for whatever reason). I didn't take it as being a physical thing since I've seen him do similar things before. Although admittedly, this time it was more pronounced. In any event, he looked well, and whatever the situation, it didn't seem to be any big deal.

Brooke
03-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow, just watched these interviews. Glenn definitely has a problem. I wonder if it's just nervousness or just dry skin? Maybe both!

He looks great though! :nod:

I bet he's kicking himself if he's watched any of them! :lol:

Glennhoney
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
..saw the Boston interview today, and he was fine...no twitching or scratching, or very little of it anyway.....he probably saw himself on those other interviews and figured be better behave..haha...SO great to see him!!!...still thinking about Toronto..will have to see what kind of seats I can get, or any seat, I should say...I think the tickets will sell fast.......

Super Frey
03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I thought Glenn looked good

sodascouts
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure the Boston link has been posted yet - got it via Google alerts:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/the-eagles-on-tour-20100319

Finally, Keith Urban gets mentioned!

And no, Glenn, the Dixie Chicks and the Eagles are not really that similar. The Eagles are 10,000x more awesome.

EagleLady
03-20-2010, 08:21 PM
But the DC Are awesome too ;)

Prettymaid
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote of the day:

It's not a trick - it's real music.

Glenn Frey

Freypower
03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure the Boston link has been posted yet - got it via Google alerts:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/the-eagles-on-tour-20100319

Finally, Keith Urban gets mentioned!

And no, Glenn, the Dixie Chicks and the Eagles are not really that similar. The Eagles are 10,000x more awesome.

I agree, Soda. The DCs are not in the same league.

With respect to everybody, I think you've overemphasised all the fidgeting, etc. Glenn is human like everyone else.

TimothyBFan
03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Also with respect, I don't believe anyone "overemphasized" the fidgeting. We simply discussed it and it's a fact he was doing a lot of it. I know people get nervous but it just seems strange, to me anyways, that someone who is so in the spotlight so much of the time would have a nervous habit like that. That is simply all most of us are saying I believe. Also aware that he is human, I not once, saw anyone say otherwise.