PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy for those who got to see TBS last year at Stagecoach

luvthelighthouse
03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I was just reading through the Poco forum and it looks like Paul Cotton is leaving the band!

With Paul and Rusty, it was still Poco... but now, w/only Rusty remaining from the old guard, I'm not sure how the band can go on. No disrespect for their current members George L and Jack S.... but I dunno, it's just not gonna be the same. I know that Poco has suffered several line up changes... but at least there were always more core members than not. While Paul wasn't an original member, he stepped in and gave the band so many great songs. He contibuted so much. I'm actually saddened by this news.

So, anyone who had the honor of seeing TBS last year perform w/Poco, you really did witness something special. It was great that Timothy had decided to join his old bandmates (special in it's own right)... I'm sure many hoped TBS would join them again some time in the future. Now, with Paul leaving, it makes it even more special that Timothy was able to share the stage w/Paul last April... because anyone who held on to the hope that they could see that same line up again... well, that hope is lost. :-(

Hard to believe it's been a year...

sodascouts
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear Paul Cotton is leaving. I guess it really is essentially the end of Poco. :(

tbs fanatic
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
That's too bad. I sadly did not see TBS with Poco but did see Poco with Richie Furay which was great.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Hmmm - I wonder if this really will mean the end of Poco. I mean the band has been through so many incarnations in the past that I'm curious about whether Rusty will figure out a way to keep it going. :headscratch:

luvthelighthouse
03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
From what I've been reading, it appears Rusty will keep going w/the guys who have been in Poco for the past decade. However, can it really be Poco w/out it's key members? Paul wasn't an original member, but when he came on board, he contributed so much to their current style.

I tried to compare it to the Eagles. What if only Glenn and Joe were left, playing w/Stuart, Will and Scott. Then, Joe decides to up an leave. Glenn is the last man standing... is it really the Eagles? NO! It's the Glenn Frey band. KWIM?

Granted, for most, it's not the Eagles w/out Don and Glenn, but I was trying to compare similiar rolls between the two bands.

bernie's bender
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Poco is more like the Burritos than the Eagles.

When Messina and Furay left... most original fans kinda shrugged... that was the 'big talent' in the band. Rusty has always been a terrific player, but not a singer, nor a chief songwriter....

then Meisner left. Timmy came in, Paul came in... but they have shuffled members all along... and their sound has changed dramatically over the years (not that the Eagles hasn't)

Paul is getting up there in age... he's got a solo record... I say, more power to him....

It would sure be fun to see Messina, Furay, Meisner, Rusty one more time...

Brooke
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Hmmmm, I had thought about going to see them. They have a couple dates this year (May and Oct.) not too far away from me. Now I don't know. :-(