PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Chicago, IL June 19, 2010

sodascouts
03-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Wow - they're coming back! Guess this explains Glenn's appearance with the Dixie Chicks on Wednesday on WGN!

Saturday June 19, 2010 / Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

AMEX pre-sale: 3/22 10AM - 3/28 10PM
On Sale: 3/29 Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/)
*Opening Acts: Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban + opener

AzEaglesFan
03-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Wonder if Keith Urban will do Seven Bridges Road with the "guys". He sings that song when he tours with any group.

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Ohhhh Sh*t!!! :brickwall: Hold stronger Willie, hold strong!!!!!! I will not do it, I will not do it!!!! The one thing that will help me hold strong is the fact that they are with the Chicks and Keith Urban (ducking and running!) and I also know since that's the case, it will be a shortened set.

Prettymaid
03-16-2010, 08:05 AM
The one thing that will help me hold strong is the fact that they are with the Chicks .

Ditto.

Brooke
03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Willie, I know what you mean. :-(

luvthelighthouse
03-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Well, since it's at a stadium and not just a regular arena, I do wonder if it will be a shortened set.

I can see the country acts coming on while it's still light outside and then Eagles taking stage at 8:00.

This is practically in my backyard, I don't know how I can pass it up. I will look at it this way. I will not buy tix when they first go on sale. However, if I wait and can find good seats, like I did for Henley or Eagles last time they were here, I will go.

I'm not a Dixie Chicks fan, mainly because of Natalie... but Keith isn't too bad. :)

Molly
03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Ohhhh Sh*t!!! :brickwall: Hold stronger Willie, hold strong!!!!!! I will not do it, I will not do it!!!! The one thing that will help me hold strong is the fact that they are with the Chicks and Keith Urban (ducking and running!) and I also know since that's the case, it will be a shortened set.

Double ditto! Maybe we could tailgate out in the parking lot until the DC's set is over.

Summerfest in Milwaukee has not announced it's full line-up yet. It starts on June 25th. Timely! Crossing fingers!!

sodascouts
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm definitely going to this, but so far, no luck finding tickets. We'll see what happens, but I'm going regardless.

luvthelighthouse
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
I was looking for this thread, and somehow I missed it!:doh:

I know, I just checked tix... and nothing too good. Sadly. I mean, yes, some people would think they were good... but you know us spoiled people.

I need to make up my mind... I'm so fickle sometimes.

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Good luck wit the tix both Soda and LTL! I hope you get some.

TimothyBFan
06-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Is anyone going to Chicago? I still haven't bought tix and I'm still not sure! I have other plans that night, but I could easily get out of them. I'm just not itching to pay those tix prices.

I haven't even listened to the guys in about at week... but I'm listening now and I'm thinking... how can I NOT go? They are SO awesome! Just not loving the stadium idea.

Nope--will NOT do it!!! 1/ don't want to give up Eagles tunes to hear Chicks/Urban tunes....2/don't want to see them in a stadium 3/have promised to stick to my guns and not buy tickets that are $200 a piece!!

Now if I could just get someone to sit on me that day so that I don't catch a train that picks up a few blocks away and stops right outside Soldier Field.

Prettymaid
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Not going. Too much money, too little Eagles.

luvthelighthouse
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Too much money, too little Eagles.

Love this! :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
ltl - Hope you decide to go to this show. I know a lot of people don't want to go to these shows for various reasons, and I totally appreciate that. However, I would love to see one of them. I had planned on going to the D.C. show before it was cancelled. After that, I was contemplating going to Hershey or Philly, but they got cancelled as well. However, in the interim, they announced the Raleigh show (Eagles only), and that really fit into my plans better anyway. But for those of you who will see a show with Keith and the Dixie Chicks, you are in for a unique experience that is not likely to be repeated. Very lucky!

Prettymaid
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Love this! :thumbsup:

Thanks LTL, but don't let me influence your decision. If you want to go and you can go then you should go. :nod:

luvthelighthouse
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh, I "want" to go... but don't know if I will. I would prefer to go for free. I should have been more dedicated to winning tix off the radio... as they were giving them away like they were hotcakes. I wouldn't have even cared where the seats were, as long as I could be there. However, I was a slacker.

To be honest, I'm just not jonesing to put out that kind of money again... for a show that is just going to be massive amounts of people, not easy to get to (traffic-my enemy), with additional acts I'm not interested in seeing.

This is difficult for me. On one hand, it's so close... on the other hand, it takes forever to get there. Money is the main issue though. What I could do with $250-$500 during the summer w/my family... it doesn't make much sense. I do know though, that if I don't go, that Saturday I'm be saying to myself all day, "you should have gone"

I guess I'll see what happens. I'm sure if the cards say I should be there, I will ... if they don't say it, I won't. I'll let you know the 20th. lol

jdubfan
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
My big brother, the one I posted about a long time ago (that looked like Joe back in the day), has decided to go to this show with me! He's home from CO that week so, Ive just decided to go. Lots of hemhawing around, weighing pros-cons, stadium, short set possibilities...but gonna just jump in the pool and do it. We've had lots of Tequila Sunrises together, pretty cool to be doing with the Eagles. He's never seen them, so he's excited. He's more country than I am, so he knows some Chix (I don't) and is a big fan of Urban (I'm open to that possibility) and definitely a Eagles fan. Hope it works out.

luvthelighthouse
06-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm sure you two will have a blast! It's always fun to do these things with people you enjoy spending time with. I have a feeling I'll be awaiting your review instead of giving my own.

Prettymaid
06-09-2010, 07:21 AM
JDF, hope you have a great time enjoying the show with your brother. I remember how much it meant to me to see Paul McCartney with my brother several years ago. It was something we shared as kids and something we could then share as adults.

TimothyBFan
06-09-2010, 07:50 AM
YAY JDF!!! Have a blast with your brother and hurry back with all the info!

Prettymaid
06-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Willie, your sig is just...wow.

TimothyBFan
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Cathy--gotta tell you about that because I am THRILLED with it!! I was in the tanning bed (don't lecture me!) last night, listening to Expando which I really haven't listened to for a couple months. Secular Praise came on and even tho that has been my favorite line on the cd since I first heard it, it just hit me big time last night!! So I contacted a little angel we all know and love because she has told me several times that if I ever wanted anything special for a signature, to let her know. I knew what I wanted with the rays and a pic of the man himself and those lyrics, but knew it was way over my head how to bring it together! SHE NAILED IT!!!!! :bow: Knew she would!!

Prettymaid
06-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I know the angel you're talking about! And I remember you posting how those particular lyrics touched you (I feel the weight too). I can just see you in the tanning bed crying to SP. :hug:

Brooke
06-09-2010, 10:08 AM
jdf, have fun at the show with your brother! Sounds fun and be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

TBF, your new sig is gorgeous! Good job, Troub! Or whoever made it!

06-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm happy for ya also, jdf. Hope you and bro have a great time.

And Willie and angel - I'm also loving the banner!

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I see JD and the Straight Shot is playing on this ticket too... according to ticketmaster.com

06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow - that's a lot of show with JD, Keith, the Chicks, and the Eagles!

I saw JD and the Straight Shots when they opened for Don's solo show in Norfolk and, honestly, I was not impressed at all. Apparently, the guys must think differently since they keep booking them as an opening act. :headscratch:

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I forget the connection they have... something with Joe... and cablevision or something vision...

I saw them w/Don also. Thankfully, Soda and Rambo showed up... we chatted it up in the lobby. I equated them to a houseband.

carol7lynn
06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I think he and Joe are old drinking/snorting buddies. James Dolan also spent time in rehab. Connect the dots. The band and probably Joe in particular is obviously helping him live out a dream "one day at a time." Kudos!:thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to be able to attend his CD release/Harold Owens benefit show at the Roxy in 2008. He's actually a pretty good musician and writes some nice little bluesy tunes but I agree; If he didn't have some connect with the Eagles, he'd be playing Hog-A-Day Inns up and down the eastern seaboard for Snookie and her Jersey-shore posse instead of opening for the Eagles in East Rutherford.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 08:27 AM
This is getting harder and harder to hold strong the closer this show gets!!! I want to but I don't want to!! KWIM? I'm sticking to my guns but there's a few individuals that are making it difficult to do so (Nancy, Larry!!!) Larry said to me 3 times last night, "I can't believe you aren't going to that show Saturday night. I really thought by now you would have decided to go." SHUT UP!!! :eyebrow:

Nancy--are you puking yet? Have a great time!!!

luvthelighthouse
06-17-2010, 10:05 AM
TBF, you sound like me! Even though I decided not to shell out the money for this show, I keep checking ticketmaster. Thankfully, nothing good enough has shown up.

I know, come Saturday, I will be kicking myself that I'm not at the show. I will be pissed at myself... but my pocketbook will be happier.

Seriously, if tix where less that $150, it would be a no brainer for me... but I just need to keep myself in check and not spend over $200 for tix.

My saving grace is knowing that Nancy always gives great and detailed reviews... so it's "almost" like being there.

TBF, we can just sit outside the stadium and listen. LOL

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I understand why you guys aren't going but I have to admit I'm bummed out about it! I want my Chicagoland homies with me! ;) At least jdubfan will be there!

Brooke
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
So, are there half price tickets there, too, or is that just a St. Louis deal?

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Apparently just St Louis. Yesterday when I was tempting myself by playing on Ticketmaster, the best seat I pulled up was sent section on the field row 6. Not good enough to make me pull out the debit card.

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Just scored FIRST ROW Section D for face value, and convinced Willie to go with me! WOOOOOT!!!!!

tequila girl
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, how fabulous is that............can't wait to hear all about it - Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
You know I'm dying over here! D, that's TBS's side, right? I am holding on tight to my money... I am staying strong. I am however very very jealous and excited for Nancy and Willie!

Wildthyme
06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Awesome Nancy! Front row and at Soldier Field. I am going to turn green with envy. :jealous: Hope you and Willie have a fantastic time!

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm so upset - at the last minute the lady sold the other tickets out from under me so there's only the one, and while Willie has been very gracious about it, she was so excited and now she's not getting to go with me.... I'm going to try to find her something, too. Man, I feel so bad!

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Stop it!!! It's ok. I wasn't planning on going and tho it was fun thinking I was for about an hour, I will live thru it! It's probably my fault in the first place for SWEARING I would never buy another expensive ticket ever again! Now I'm sticking to it by force!

But hey--if another front row ticket drops in your lap---CALL ME!!!

luvthelighthouse
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Ugh, that totally blows! Soda, you know have to have double the fun now!

Maidstone
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
How do you do it??? :confused:

How do you find a front row seat (for face value) the day before an Eagles show?

URGH. I know I've heard posters on here (and various other sites) saying they waltz up to the ticket box the night of a show and got in the first few rows, but I can't even fathom waiting until the day of the show. I want to have my ducks in a row so to speak.

But where/how/who did you get a front row seat from?

Congrats and I'm just perplexed and in awe,
Maid

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 06:03 PM
No special talent - just diligence. I checked Ticketmaster, Ebay, and Craig's List multiple times daily. This one was from Craig's List, listed at 8:30 am this morning. I don't think this happens too often; I was expecting to find maybe something in the first five to ten rows, maybe in a slightly off-center section like B or D, that someone wanted to unload at the last minute and would give me a deal on. I was stunned to find first row at face. That's just good luck there.

I'm nervous about it being a scam and "too good to be true," but I'm meeting the lady and it's a hard ticket, plus she isn't doing the kinds of things scammers usually do (for instance, she told me the second ticket was no longer available whereas a scammer would probably try to double-sell it). I'm also going to require that she show me a driver's license before I hand any money over.

I'm praying that I don't get burned but, worst comes to worst, I'll try the old walk up technique that has been paying off for me ever since I saw Fleetwood Mac in Indy back in 2003 - last minute, first row. (Wish I could act like I was the first person in the world who ever thought of that but it wasn't even my idea - my friend clued me in and I thought she was crazy but it worked). Many times when you score good seats at the last minute you're getting unused comp seats, which are often in the 5th row center or thereabouts.

It doesn't ALWAYS pay off though, and last minute searching is stressful. This is especially true when you really want it badly. It's also kind of embarrassing to keep walking up to the window and checking. To combat frowns of annoyance from ticket sellers, I grin widely and make self-deprecating jokes every time I come up, and they'll smile back. I also make sure to be very polite and thank them for their trouble, and they appreciate that. In fact, the people at the window will often just check regularly for me as I hover nearby. ;) The only time it's really awkward is when they get excited thinking they've found a good seat for you, and you're like "16th row? No, I'll wait and see if something better comes up." They look at you like you're crazy!

If something hasn't dropped by 45 minutes before showtime, odds are you're out of luck. There have been times when I've been left out in the cold - literally! Having one beforehand is definitely the only way to be sure you're going to be OK.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Have a WONDERFUL time Nancy! :bye: :bye: :bye:

Prettymaid
06-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, good thing I didn't say yes to Soda's front row ticket offer today! ;)

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 06:58 PM
I know! It was hard enough calling Willie to tell her the bad news, much less having to do it multiple times!

Prettymaid
06-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Awww, it's not your fault Soda. You were just trying to do a good thing. For me though, for this show, even face value is too high. :ack: Even for front row.

carol7lynn
06-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Way to go Miss Nancy. :thumbsup: I knew you'd pull it off in the bottom of the ninth-bases loaded two out full count-grand slam. You rock-Border-Babe. Looking forward to your review. Blow Timmy a kiss for me. A pix would be nice too.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
My camera busted after San Jose! I guess the Eagles hotness overloaded it!

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Awwww Nancy! Are you saying you have NO camera now then?

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Awwww Nancy! Are you saying you have NO camera now then?

Well, I have an old-school film camera, but no more digital camera. I could try to bring in that one, but it's a bit harder to sneak! My phone takes crappy photos.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Well if its any consolation, Monique took an old film camera to London with her and got some excellent pics so its worth a try! Travel safely! :hug:

Koala
06-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Soda, have a fantastic time! I'm really looking forward to read your review!:)

sodascouts
06-19-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm too jazzed to sleep! I can't wait! At least I used my insomnia productively by finishing up my "Eagles as the A-Team" video (check out the Eagles YouTube Video thread to see that!)

Peekaboo
06-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Catching up on this thread has really given me mixed emotions. I was all "YAY!!!" for Nancy and Willie going then I was all "AW MAN!!" when I read that that lady sold the extra ticket. So sorry you can't go Willie. Such a shame. But, Nancy, I'm very excited that you get to go. LTL is so right about your reviews. It really is like we're right there with you when you write those. Have fun, Nancy!!

My camera busted after San Jose! I guess the Eagles hotness overloaded it!

Mine is broken too!! My brother-in-law broke mine last week but he assured me that he will buy me a new one!! Hopefully he'll replace it before the Wichita concert.

sodascouts
06-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Heading out the door. Hope everything turns out OK!

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Good luck Nancy and have a great time! Looks like the weather is on your side for a change!

EasyFeeling
06-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Have fun, Nancy... I'm sure you will have a great time :thumbsup:

tequila girl
06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Have a great time Nancy - can't wait to hear all about it! :partytime:

carol7lynn
06-19-2010, 05:40 PM
God speed Nancy. The Gods be with you.

Loved your vid! Very creative.

Good thing the concert was yesterday. Just saw on the weather chanel that Chicago got a big-time storm yesterday with winds topping 65 mph! Would have blown you back to Indiana.

Have fun and can't wait for your review.

Carol-Lynn

Glennhoney
06-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Good luck to you.........have a great time and bring back some news for us...:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
06-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Everything worked out and she is there and in the stadium. Now we just have to wait for the review!! :thumbsup:

Glennhoney
06-19-2010, 08:03 PM
..woohoo!!!!!!!!:partytime:

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Just got back from Chicago - I'm exhausted! I'll write a review tomorrow in the review forum, but I wanted to check in here now so everyone knows I'm not dead... yet! lol The stadium combo show is definitely a different "feel" of a show, but still awesome, as I will detail tomorrow. ;) Now to go sleep off the aches and pains of dancing in the aisles all night long!

Koala
06-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Soda, nice to hear from you! Can't wait to read your review!

carol7lynn
06-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time :thumbsup: and can't wait for the details.

Carol-Lynn

luvthelighthouse
06-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Dancing in the aisles? Sounds great already! Anxious for the details!

EasyFeeling
06-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Wake up, Nancy... we are waiting http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Girls/smilie_girl_011.gif