PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in St. Louis, MO June 24, 2010

sodascouts
03-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Thursday June 24, 2010 / St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

AMEX pre-sale: 3/22 10AM - 3/28 10PM
On Sale: 3/29 Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/)
*Opening Acts: Dixie Chicks + opener

sodascouts
03-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Hopefully Brooke is sitting down when she reads that Keith Urban is opening for the Eagles in her backyard!

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 07:51 AM
:hilarious: Oh Brooke---are you ok? Breathe in breathe out.....

Geesh--they are going to be busy again in our area. What's up with that? They can't seem to leave the Midwest out every time they head out on the road.

Brooke
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
OMG! I can't believe it! I really never thought I'd get to see them live again. And with Keith?! Unbelievable!

I must be there! Somehow, someway!

Ok, what do I do next? I can't even think!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
OMG folks - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think Keith is going to be playing the St. Louis show (at least he's not listed). Sorry Brooke - I know that's gotta burst your bubble! :sad:

Brooke
03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh no! Bummer. :-(

Well, if I have to settle for those other guys by themselves, they're not too bad! :lol:

I'm not a Chicks fan, but I could possibly endure them for a bit, or go late.

So, how much? I know I've said I wasn't paying big money to see them again, but I want to. Help me Willie.......I'm trying to be strong.:sad:

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh Brooke....I wish I could but I'm barely holding on myself with the Chicago date again!!! I will make one more vow--if I do go--I'm doing the cheap seats this time because it isn't just a full Eagles show (doubtedly anyways).

sodascouts
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry Brooke - I didn't realize (obviously). Guess there must be some scheduling conflict. :(

Brooke
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh Brooke....I wish I could but I'm barely holding on myself with the Chicago date again!!! I will make one more vow--if I do go--I'm doing the cheap seats this time because it isn't just a full Eagles show (doubtedly anyways).

Yes, but is it worth it to go for cheap seats? I don't know. There's still the hotel or late night drive home afterwards. Best seats here are $225. (I'm bringing up center section, row 13 today) Right field box is $115. Cheapest seats, way up in nosebleed are like $50.

I've never been to a stadium concert. I can't think of anyone who would go with me. Hubby will be in heavy work season and probably couldn't take off work. What to do? :pace:

03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Aw Brooke - don't you just hate having to make these kind of decisions! You could always come to Virginia and go to the D.C. show with me. That way you'll get to see Keith too. :wink: :wink:

Brooke
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I would love to do that rather than go by myself.

No one here going to the St. Louis show?

04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Well come on then - my door is always open! And it's a lovely drive I hear - I-64 West all the way from St. Louis to Richmond. :headbang:

ETA: Ah - a minor correction here, Brooke. Before you get on the road, you may want to recalculate your GPS to I-64 East. :doh: :grin:

Brooke
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
LOL dreamer! I can get lost with no help from you!

Brooke
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Ok, tickets bought for this show! :yay:

I'll be on the field at least, but didn't spring for the front section. Just to get to go........

sodascouts
05-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Excellent! I'm sure you'll have a great time even though you're not right up front - the Eagles rock all the way to the rafters. ;)

Koala
05-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Great, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time on the concert!

Prettymaid
05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Good job Brooke!

TimothyBFan
05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
YAY Brooke---Happy for ya!!

ticky
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
YAY Brooke!! *G* Have a great time!!!

05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah from me too, Brooke. I know you are wishing Keith would be there, but I know you'll have a blast anyway. :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
06-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm so happy that my friends think of me whenever they see ANYTHING about the Eagles. One of my coworkers had the St. Louis Cardinals game on in the break room last night and told me that they announced half price tickets to the upcoming Eagles concert there at Busch Stadium. I'm not sure if this is only for certain seats. I'm not planning on going to this but I thought I'd let others know who are thinking about going.

I only quickly scanned this page but it doesn't look like anything is half price, although i could've missed something.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/ticketing/eagles_concert.jsp

Brooke
06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Hmmmm, that makes me glad I've already bought my ticket, NOT!

TimothyBFan
06-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Does anyone else find it strange that they are offering 1/2 price seats when they are, at the same time, cancelling shows supposedly because they are not getting the guaranteed $3 million they want for the shows because of poor ticket sales?

carol7lynn
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Does anyone else find it strange that they are offering 1/2 price seats when they are, at the same time, cancelling shows supposedly because they are not getting the guaranteed $3 million they want for the shows because of poor ticket sales?

Do you mean strange or telling? I'd opt for telling. Unwise hook-up (the Chicks/Keith Urban)-unrealistic up-front guarantee, and unwise choice of venues (stadiums).) That's my two cents. Unwise and unrealistic all the way around.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
06-07-2010, 12:12 PM

I bet it's just the cheap seats that are getting discounted - at least that's how they usually do it - because in stadiums, a lot of folks aren't interested in being THAT far back, and they wouldn't sell otherwise.

I think the promoter is doing this because they have sold enough tickets to meet the Eagles' guarantee and avoid concert cancellation, but they're trying to maximize how much they get when it's left over by having a "sale" on the remaining seats - at least the cheap ones. Better than having them go unsold. Also, they can make up the money off of their concession purchases and parking.

That's complete speculation, though!

LostnLonelyDreamer
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been following posts on the forum for the past few weeks because I'm taking my son to see The Eagles in St. Louis. I didn't see it posted here anywhere yet that the prices to many, if not most of the remaining seats for the St. Louis concert have been reduced by 1/2. If that doesn't say something about the sluggish sales I don't know what does. I certainly hope they don't cancel this one.

Anyway, to see the lower prices, simply go to http://www.tickets.com/eaglesatbusch . Follow the buy tickets link at the bottom of the page and then enter the coupon code 'EAGLES'. The ticket prices drop by 1/2. :woah: I just checked and, as I type this, there are some decent A2 section floor seats on the floor still available for $112.

Hope this will help some of you who may not have yet purchased a ticket.

Anyone want some of the $25 nosebleed seats? :roll:

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyway, to see the lower prices, simply go to http://www.tickets.com/eaglesatbusch . Follow the buy tickets link at the bottom of the page and then enter the coupon code 'EAGLES'. The ticket prices drop by 1/2. :woah: I just checked and, as I type this, there are some decent A2 section floor seats on the floor still available for $112.

First of all welcome LLD. I rushed over to the link and called Hubby to see if he wanted to take advantage of this and we've still decided not to go, but I'm sure Brooke's going to be upset!

LostnLonelyDreamer
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not terribly happy about it myself since I purchased full-price tickets several weeks ago. I suppose the only consolation is that there aren't any half price seats available in the front where we are so I guess I shouldn't be too bothered by the price reduction. Heck, I willingly bought at the price I paid so what can I do other than wave to the people a few rows behind me who will have saved enough to buy several expensive dinners?

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
That's a good attitude.

Peekaboo actually brought this up in the St. Louis thread. Here's her quote:

I'm so happy that my friends think of me whenever they see ANYTHING about the Eagles. One of my coworkers had the St. Louis Cardinals game on in the break room last night and told me that they announced half price tickets to the upcoming Eagles concert there at Busch Stadium. I'm not sure if this is only for certain seats. I'm not planning on going to this but I thought I'd let others know who are thinking about going.

I only quickly scanned this page but it doesn't look like anything is half price, although i could've missed something.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...es_concert.jsp

Thanks again for posting LLD. Some others may see this and decide to go.

Brooke
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Yep, this just really burns me up when I paid $99 for section B3 a couple days before. See what I get for not waiting? :rolleyes:

I wonder if I could do anything about this?

And welcome LLD!

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Welcome LLD!

I sure hope they do this for other shows.... *cough*CHICAGO*cough*

Brooke
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, I did call in about the half price tickets last night. That "special" was only for 1 weekend and was done to try to drum up more sales. I did my complaining, for what it was worth. To me, it's just not fair to the fans that went ahead and bought tickets early for them to discount them and not offer a refund to early buyers. Or I don't think it was fair. I suppose that kind of thing happens all the time though.

Anyways, the guy told me to send in an email to customer service. :thumbsdown:

ETA: I checked tickets this morning and Section A's (5 groups) are still available, although in the back.

06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm with you, Brooke - doesn't seem fair to me either. But, I guess they didn't ask us, huh. I'm thinking they look at it the same way of a store holding a clearence sale, but still ...

LostnLonelyDreamer
06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, I did call in about the half price tickets last night. That "special" was only for 1 weekend and was done to try to drum up more sales. I did my complaining, for what it was worth. To me, it's just not fair to the fans that went ahead and bought tickets early for them to discount them and not offer a refund to early buyers. Or I don't think it was fair. I suppose that kind of thing happens all the time though.

Anyways, the guy told me to send in an email to customer service. :thumbsdown:

ETA: I checked tickets this morning and Section A's (5 groups) are still available, although in the back.The special appears to still be going on, unless I'm missing something. If I type in the code "EAGLES" in the box on Tickets.com it still acknowledges the code and reduces the prices on all available tickets by half. I checked to see what the best floor seats available right now are and I found some A3 row 23 seats and A5 row 22 seats. These are the sections just to the left and right of the A4 dead-center section. They are back a little bit but $112.50 for those seats seems like a bargain compared to the $225 they once were.

On a similar note, I will be going to see Sting in St. Louis the day before this concert and Ticketmaster was having a sale where they were waiving their service charge fee. Things are tough all over for concerts, I suppose. I saved a little bit, but it wasn't even close to half-price. :sad: Anyway, I received a questionnaire after I bought my tickets and was asked how I felt about the discounted tickets. Some of the choices they offered suggested to me that they realize they might be making some people angry by discounting ticket prices for a select few who purchased later. I think they're really trying to figure out how to handle the sluggish demand they've been seeing for concerts.

They better be careful or they'll have everybody waiting to buy their tickets until after they've lowered the prices. I believe we'd all agree they would be wise to just bring prices down to reasonable levels to begin with and stop gouging everybody.

Brooke
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Hmmmm, I tried that but never got the "special price".

I suppose it's like dreamer said about clearance sales. But it still makes me mad.

LostnLonelyDreamer
06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
The link below still works for me. Well, at least it's showing the lower prices. I'm assuming it would let you check out at those prices as well.

Go here.....

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=STL_CRDS_CONCERT&pid=6734340

Then just enter the word 'EAGLES' (without the single quotes and in all-caps) and it gives you a message that the coupon code has been validated and the prices drop. I hope it works for everyone who might need it. Heck, maybe I just have a magical computer or something.

Brooke, if it makes you feel any better, I paid over face value for the floor seats I have. :enraged:

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I tried it. Brooke, don't forget to hit the red "Validate" button by where you enter "EAGLES."

I pulled up A5, row 15 when I did it just now.

Brooke
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......ma kes a girl wanta :cuss:

Brooke
06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
LLD, would love to meet another Borderer/Eagles fan. Are you going early to see the DC, too?

LostnLonelyDreamer
06-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Brooke, I'm not a huge DC fan but I'll probably be there for some part of it since it's included in my ticket price. I'm not from St. Louis so this is sort of a mini-vacation for us. I'm soooo looking forward to getting away from work.

Brooke
06-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not a huge DC fan either, but will probably watch the show since I'm going. I'm not from St. Louis either. It's a 2 1/2 hour trip for me.

Sounds like a nice trip for you. I'm bringing a girl friend since my hubbie won't be able to make it.

Btw, welcome to The Border. Glad to have ya! Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself in the New Kid In Town thread?

Brooke
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
3 days!

I'm gettin' 'cited! :blueblob:

I'm also feeling a little melancholy. I have this feeling I may never see them again after this. :worried:

TimothyBFan
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I have this feeling I may never see them again after this. :worried:

Is it a peaceful easy feeling?

Just enjoy it and absorb every moment, just in case!

tequila girl
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I have this feeling I may never see them again after this. :worried:

Please don't say that!......I know it's looking more & more possible -
but i've never seen them yet and since I turned 50 it's become one of the things I must do before I die! :worried:

Prettymaid
06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Please don't say that!......I know it's looking more & more possible -
but i've never seen them yet and since I turned 50 it's become one of the things I must do before I die! :worried:

That's how it started for me too TG!

Brooke
06-22-2010, 09:11 AM
2 Days! :headbang:

Prettymaid
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
I just know you're going to have a great time Brooke! Hubby and I came close to getting tickets for this, especially after they went to half price, but the timing was not good since it's in the middle of the week and I have to work. But hopefully we'll get to meet someday!

Brooke
06-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Pm, darn! I wish you could have, too! I guess I'm going to be a lone Borderer at this show. :-(

However, I will try my darndest to have a good time! :partytime:

Koala
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm also feeling a little melancholy. I have this feeling I may never see them again after this. :worried:
You may not think of such a thing! Enjoy simply the concert!

However I had last year after "my" concert exactly the same feeling!

TimothyBFan
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Here's an interview with Timothy in St Louis. It's an old interview but I don't know why they are putting it up again. Check out the picture they used--isn't that on of LTL's pic from Chicago? I believe it is!

http://kezk.radio.com/?s=timothy+b+schmit

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
That's so cool. Thanks for the heads up. I pluged timothybschmitonline, since that is where they took the pic from. :wink:

Brooke
06-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Cool! Good catch there, tbf!

sodascouts
06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, they actually hotlinked it! But hey, at least it shows we have visibility. lol

Peekaboo
06-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Yay Brooke!!! It's almost midnight here (11:45pm) but i think that's close enough to say ONE MORE DAY!!!! You're gonna have so much fun!!

Brooke
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Yup! ONE DAY!

:yay:

Prettymaid
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
TBF, that was a very good catch on LTL picture! We all know each other so well here...:hilarious:

Brooke
06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
An interesting tidbit from Fox2Now St. Louis:

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-busch-stadium-eagles-dixie-preps-062210,0,6666445.story

OMG! There's 8500 seats on the field!

If you click on the link, there's a video about putting up the stage, but no Eagley mentions.

Brooke
06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
And here's another:

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2010-06-23/music/the-eagles-dixie-chicks/

Hmmmmmm, :eyebrow: lol

TimothyBFan
06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Are you ready to party GayeLyn? :partytime: Can't wait to hear about it!! HAVE A BLAST!!!

Prettymaid
06-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Have fun and tell us all about it Brooke! Safe trip! :wave:

Brooke
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
11 hours!!!!!

It's tonight! :yay: Yup, I'm ready! Thanks guys!

I'll let everyone know all about it tomorrow as soon as possible!

ETA: Thankfully, the weather has changed and it's much cooler and less humid today!

Koala
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Have fun, I know you have! Can't wait to hear all!

Glennsallnighter
06-25-2010, 04:03 AM
Have a WONDERFUL time Brooke!

TimothyBFan
06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Wake Up Brooke!!!!