PDA

View Full Version : What songs will be cut?

TimothyBFan
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
I hate to even bring up this topic, but it is something I've thought off and on about since yesterday when I saw the interview with Glenn and he admitted they won't be doing 3 hour shows.

What songs do you all think will be eliminated and what do you think the setlist will include now?

Here's the current setlist from LROOE with a few variations such as BBF being dropped for some shows and rarely hearing 2 encores.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211

[Set 1]
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

[Intermission]

[Set 2]
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
One of These Nights

[Band Intros]

Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

[Encore 1]**
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

[Encore 2]**
Take It Easy
Desperado

luvthelighthouse
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I think if they keep any LROOE song they will be How Long and Waiting in the Weeds. Possibly, No More Walks in the Woods. Other than than, I'm guessing other LROOE songs gets nixed. That outta shorten the show.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I went back and checked to get the setlist from the Hard Rock show that Soda, DonFan, and I went to in 2008. The show lasted about 90 minutes and the setlist was ...

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Take It Easy
Desperado

I would bet that it's going to be similar to this for the upcoming shows. In recent years, whenever they've played an abbreviated setlist, they normally drop the acoustic portion of the show. My guess is that they may mix it up a bit, and probably won't do Busy Being Fabulous. I'd love to see them replace that with either TITTL or bring back Tequila Sunrise or Already Gone.

sodascouts
03-17-2010, 12:16 PM
They GOTTA play Take It to the Limit!!! If they don't want to do an acoustic set, rock it old-school electric. Come to think of it, that would be AWESOME.

I imagine Dreamer's right, but who knows. I will say that I think the ones that have already been dropped for some shows such as BBF and Somebody will be goners.

GlennLover
03-17-2010, 01:24 PM
When I saw them in the "festival" format they played 2 hrs & How Long was the only LROOE song performed. Also, no acoustic set.

Freypower
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
They will probably do Dreamer's setlist with or without BBF.

So much for 'not becoming a tribute to themselves'. So much for the new album and also any hope that they might even play other songs from it.

Brooke
03-18-2010, 09:48 AM
All we can hope for is that this is just a "summer tour" thing and that they will resume the Long Road Out of Eden World Tour this fall.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, Fp.

03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Out of curiousity, I also went back and checked the setlist for the Nokia show that the guys did with the Dixie Chicks in Oct. 2007. It is very similar to the Hard Rock setlist except they did 4 LROOE songs and 2 encores. Here it is ...

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

1st encore
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants To Do Is Dance

2nd encore
Take It Easy
Desperado

I guess it is possible they may decide to keep the LROOE songs in the setlist for the summer shows. But, I'm thinking it's safe to say that the 2nd encore is probably not gonna happen. :wink: Maybe though it is possible that they will come together on stage with a surprise song or two.

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
1st encore
Rocky Mountain Way

2nd encore
Take It Easy
Desperado

I guess it is possible they may decide to keep the LROOE songs in the setlist for the summer shows. But, I'm thinking it's safe to say that the 2nd encore is probably not gonna happen. :wink: Maybe though it is possible that they will come together on stage with a surprise song or two.

Dreamer I assume when you say the second encore is probably not going to happen that you mean they will probably not do two encores. Surely they would cut the first encore and keep the second, right?

03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Yep PM - I guess I wasn't very clear, was I? You are right - I meant that I only think they will do one encore and I think it would be Take It Easy and Desperado since they already dropped RMW and ASWTDID a while ago. Too bad though cause I love both of those songs!

AmarilloByMorning
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't it make sense for them to chop the solo material, what with it being an Eagles concert and all? Never understood that.

I suppose my dream of hearing "Saturday Night" live has tumbled into the catacombs of implausibility for good. Sigh.

03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
... and then, there's always my get-to-the-point, shoot-straight-from-the-hip approach - like "not a snowball's chance in hell". :grin:

Glennhoney
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
...so true though...if it's just a 2 hour concert they should really concentrate on EAGLES songs, not their solo songs......still thinking I might be going to Toronto to see them...just hate the thought of having to sit through 2 hours of the DIxie Chicks first :brickwall:...sorry to you all Chicks fans out there......

luvthelighthouse
03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I love Boys of Summer and Funk 49 as much as the next guy... but when I'm at an Eagles concert, I want Eagles music. Is that really too much to ask for?

03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Honestly, ltl, I think it is too much to ask for. :wink: I don't think the solo stuff will ever actually be completely eliminated because 1) it rocks, and 2) that is the majority of Joe's contribution in the shows. As many shows as I have been to, there is no question that when Joe cranks it up in the 2nd half with his solo work, the majority of the audience LOVES it.

Glenn, Don, and Joe all have young children that I'm sure takes up a lot of their time. Hopefully, they will still make time for the Eagles for a few more years.

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
:nod: I love it!

Troubadour
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I haven't been on the board properly in a couple of days, so I've just read through all of this now. Are we assuming, as this 'Summer Tour' starts in June, that the April/May concerts are likely to be the 'full' LROOE shows we've seen before...?

Peekaboo
03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok, my first thoughts when I read this was "How can you have the LROOE Tour without playing LROOE!!" That was before I realized that the mini-tour with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban isn't the LROOE Tour. It's just a joint mini-summer-tour, right? So, for that reason, I can see why they would probably cut the majority of the LROOE songs. But as far as this spring LRROE Tour. I certainly hope that they don't cut out too many of the new songs. LROOE absolutely ROCKS live as does Somebody. I only kinda liked both of those songs until i saw them performed live and now I LOVE them. I'll be a bit disappointed if they don't perform either of this this spring. I still miss BBF live but I've kinda gotten over the fact that they more than likely won't be bringing it back.

As far as the solo songs go, I LOVE the ones they play live. And though I know they are solo songs, I tend to associate them as Eagles songs anyway because they sound so great when they are played by all of the guys. Like Don said "Most of the solo songs could've been Eagles songs anyway."

Freypower
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
...so true though...if it's just a 2 hour concert they should really concentrate on EAGLES songs, not their solo songs......still thinking I might be going to Toronto to see them...just hate the thought of having to sit through 2 hours of the DIxie Chicks first :brickwall:...sorry to you all Chicks fans out there......

I very much doubt the DCs will play for two hours. They are the 'special guests'. I would have thought 45 minutes would be sufficient.

Regarding solo stuff my problem with it is that those songs have been played ad infinitum since the reunion. Why drop newer, fresher songs and still plod on with those? I have heard them.

Prettymaid
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
I think they're going to try to determine what the majority of people want to hear, new or old.

TimothyBFan
03-19-2010, 08:17 AM
I tend to agree and the majority of people want to hear the old Eagles tunes that they have known and loved for decades, you know, the ones that they all know the words to and can sing along with! I think you can throw a couple new (hard to say new since we are looking at coming up on 3 years) songs also, but sticking with the "oldies" keeps the audience for these concerts happy.

That brings me to another point I've been thinking about. It's still LROOE this spring, then this little "summer tour". Hopefully there's a chance that they go back to LROOE to do Asia/Australia and regions not yet hit but at what point has it been to long to tour on an album that's been out for 2 1/2 -3 years? Know what I mean? How long can you "milk" it? :laugh:

sodascouts
03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
You milk it as long as the money is rolling in, you're not so sick of playing the songs that you wanna puke, you can stand to be in the same room as your bandmates, and you're physically able to rock it! So far all criteria have been met. ;)

I agree that a set of all new songs - or even mostly new songs - would be disappointing to a lot of fans. Even I am disappointed if I don't hear Take It Easy and Take It to the Limit.

As for dropping solo songs - I'm cool with that for Don, but if we dropped Joe's non-Eagles material, there's hardly anything left to work with!

Freypower
03-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm not asking for mostly new songs, but I think that when they drop songs and drop the new ones instead of anything else, that is counter-productive because the newer songs aren't being given the chance to become part of the familiar setlist.

I have already experienced my own disappointment with certain songs that were dropped. I don't know how Don's fans feel about losing Wasted Time, HITW, Sunset Grill and (recently) ASWTDID. To me none of those are as essential to Don's performance as the ones which Glenn sang and has dropped.

Shadowland07
03-21-2010, 04:32 PM
any ideas as to whether they'll keep it the same or if they'll change it up a bit?

03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
SL - as we've been discussing in this thread, usually when the band does an abbreviated show, they stick to playing the hits (see the set lists posted on the previous pages). Personally, I think this is the right decision because those are what the majority of people going to these shows want to hear. We hardcore fans have to remember that most of the audience at an Eagles show haven't been to multiple shows like some of us have. As many times as I've heard these songs, I can't imagine going to an Eagles concert and not hearing songs like Hotel California and Take It Easy. Sure they leave out other songs that I'd love to hear, but there is no way they can please everyone. As I've said before, probably the only way that any fan will ever be able to hear exactly what they want is to hire the band to play a private show, and even then you may not get everything you ask for. :wink:

bobbyboy
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Out of curiousity, I also went back and checked the setlist for the Nokia show that the guys did with the Dixie Chicks in Oct. 2007. It is very similar to the Hard Rock setlist except they did 4 LROOE songs and 2 encores. Here it is ...

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

1st encore
Rocky Mountain Way

2nd encore
Take It Easy
Desperado

Oh Please...Don't try comparing what they do in front of 50,000 plus fans this summer to the quaint little Nokia gig

sodascouts
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
SL - as we've been discussing in this thread, usually when the band does an abbreviated show, they stick to playing the hits (see the set lists posted on the previous pages). Personally, I think this is the right decision because those are what the majority of people going to these shows want to hear. We hardcore fans have to remember that most of the audience at an Eagles show haven't been to multiple shows like some of us have. As many times as I've heard these songs, I can't imagine going to an Eagles concert and not hearing songs like Hotel California and Take It Easy.

Yeah, I have to agree - as much as we like hearing rarities, the majority of the fans want to hear the hits. For instance, when I went to JD Souther's show, I really wanted him to play "The Last in Love." I didn't mind him playing new stuff as long as he kept those songs that I loved. I imagine the casual Eagles fan is the same way - there's a few songs they'd be very disappointed not to hear. Actually, more than a few, because the Eagles have so many hits. The price of excellence, I guess!

bobbyboy
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
For the life of me I don't understand why you are so hell bent that its going to be a scaled back concert..
Its not hard to figure out..If the Eagles were playing a week night in any given city WITHOUT any other band what time would it start..... eight PM??? What time would it get out...... eleven PM ??..I think this point is difficult to dismiss as far as pretty much the norm

So according to you folks they are NOW going to cram 50,00 plus into Meadowland stadium in New Jersey (twice as many as the norm).. AND tell everyone to be there at...4:3opm for the chicks show..Check Ticket master yourself.... Im not making this stuff up.
According to what your saying, based on some crazy off the cuff comment by Don,that its now the reality of this tour
What you are saying is they are going to drag fans who have paid $450 a pair, to this show at 4:30pm so they can watch the chicks until 5:30.. Then let the fans sit until 6:00pm for the stage crossover AND then send them home at 9:30pm following the eagles/urban show to make sure they are home before the street lights are on..
Im saying for those of you who love the eagles AND the chicks to listen to the common sense of this post..BUY for ticket and enjoy 90 minutes MINIMUM of chicks as well as the full LROOE tour setlist.

EagleLady
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Bobbyboy, you seem a little hostile.

bobbyboy
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I really think that if you look up the definition of frustration in the dictionary it fits the tone of my posting much more than hostile.
Its no different than my shania board that I have moderated for years.. Members are always taking out of context what she says and then post their own "interpretation" of what she said as FACT..
Anyhow,,this is getting old... Don did not say this was a cutback setlist and we all know it, and I think putting the dots together yourself should tell you such

Freypower
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I have only this to say. It was Glenn Frey who said 'we can't play three hour shows any more', not Don Henley. As far as I know Don Henley has not been interviewed about this tour. I just wish to make that clear.

GlennLover
03-29-2010, 11:34 PM
When I saw the Eagles in August of 2008 it was with a crowd of 55,000. There were 4 acts - Sam Roberts Band (a local band), KT Tunstall, John Fogarty & the Eagles. It started in the afternoon & ended at 11:00PM. There was a fairly long break between each act. The Eagles started at 9:00PM & played for 2 hours without a break. They began with How Long, but that was the only song that they peformed from LROOE. They also did not do the acoustic set. There was no indication before the concert that they would do a shorter set that their other shows. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they only played for 2 hours with the DC's. Besides, Glenn said they can't do 3 hrs anymore.

eaglesvet
03-30-2010, 12:59 AM
For the life of me I don't understand why you are so hell bent that its going to be a scaled back concert..
Its not hard to figure out..If the Eagles were playing a week night in any given city WITHOUT any other band what time would it start..... eight PM??? What time would it get out...... eleven PM ??..I think this point is difficult to dismiss as far as pretty much the norm

So according to you folks they are NOW going to cram 50,00 plus into Meadowland stadium in New Jersey (twice as many as the norm).. AND tell everyone to be there at...4:3opm for the chicks show..Check Ticket master yourself.... Im not making this stuff up.
According to what your saying, based on some crazy off the cuff comment by Don,that its now the reality of this tour
What you are saying is they are going to drag fans who have paid $450 a pair, to this show at 4:30pm so they can watch the chicks until 5:30.. Then let the fans sit until 6:00pm for the stage crossover AND then send them home at 9:30pm following the eagles/urban show to make sure they are home before the street lights are on..
Im saying for those of you who love the eagles AND the chicks to listen to the common sense of this post..BUY for ticket and enjoy 90 minutes MINIMUM of chicks as well as the full LROOE tour setlist.
The New Meadowlands Stadium, as was true with the old Giants Stadium at the Meadowlands, will have a capacity of over 80,000 people. I have been at many a concert where Giants Stadium was literally packed to the rafters. So, I'm not sure why you think that 25,000 is "the norm" for a stadium concert for the Eagles, or for anyone else for that matter. And having checked the new stadium website, I do believe that the 4:30 time refers to the gates opening. They also are billing the 3 acts separately, not as the Dixie Chicks followed by the Eagles/Urban show. I'm sure that Keith Urban will follow the Chicks with his own set, and then the Eagles will perform their set.

Given that the tickets have been on sale since this morning, it's surprising that pairs of tickets can still be pulled up in the front third of the field, as well as the first tier seating pretty close to the stage. Well, maybe not so surprising as these are the $225 seats. It could very well be that the lower-priced seats are selling out more quickly.

Prettymaid
03-30-2010, 08:33 AM
BB, since you are so reluctant to take the word of any of us who heard the interview where Glenn says they can't do three hour shows anymore, I finally found the interview itself. Here's the link:

http://www.fox2now.com/news/morningshow/ktvi-busch-stadium-concert-eagles-dixie-031610,0,1136052.story

bobbyboy
03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
With respect to the last 3 posts here is my reply. As I said this entire thread must be getting a bit boring to some,myself included.

First to GlennLover.. First of all I would take a full 2 hour eagle set with no intermission and be a happy bobbyboy.. If you average the timeplay of each song (about 5 minutes in length).. thats 24 songs in 2 hours.. Maybe remove 4 of those songs to allow for the very little dialogue we usually see, and that leaves a 20 song set..Like I said..I will take it and be happy.

Eaglesvet.. I am very aware of the seating capacity but even with the floor seats included it looks like about 50,000 fans when you look at the thousands of end zone seats that are not for sale.. Sure you might have been at some Bon Jovi in the round format concert there,that allows in the round seating but thats not the case in this concert. As far as suggesting that this mega facility is the norm,well thats certainly not the case.. I think we all know that 20,000 is more the norm.
Now Prettymaid.. I stated the other day that his comments were off the cuff words but I admit it was done within the context of this concerts discussion.. As I said though a 2 hour concert with no break I will take and run especially if it gave the chicks close to the same.. Remember in Toronto there is no Urban involvement so Im hoping we get a better mix than the US gigs.
Anyhow.. The eagle world no doubt will be scouring the net the morning of Wed June 9 following opening night in Toronto on June 8.. As I said I will post the set list....Not to worry ...for those folks who have been reluctant to buy tickets due to the format, they will still be able to get raped by Stub Hub for tickets , since TM will be long sold out

03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
bobbyboy - I'm not sure what your intentions are here, but your 'frustration' in all of your posts comes across as being belligerent, confrontational, and condescending. This is a community of Eagles fans who come to this board to have a fun time talking and sharing information about our favorite band. Anyone who shares that objective is welcome to participate here. However, we do not welcome those who come across as disrespectful, so please keep this in mind when posting here.

First of all I would take a full 2 hour eagle set with no intermission and be a happy bobbyboy.. If you average the timeplay of each song (about 5 minutes in length).. thats 24 songs in 2 hours.. Maybe remove 4 of those songs to allow for the very little dialogue we usually see, and that leaves a 20 song set..Like I said..I will take it and be happy.

The Nokia show that you made this comment about yesterday was about a 2-hour show with a 20 song set list.

Oh Please...Don't try comparing what they do in front of 50,000 plus fans this summer to the quaint little Nokia gig

The bottom line is that none of us knows for sure what the set list will be for these summer shows. We can speculate until we beat another dead horse to death, but based on Eagles' past history, they aren't prone to change things around a lot. So don't be shocked if you get a similar show in Toronto. Anything can happen, but I'd be shocked (pleasantly, I might add) if you get more. My guess is that the Dixie Chicks set will be at least 30 minutes shorter than the Eagles since they are being billed as an opening act rather than co-headliners.

In any event, hopefully, the majority of fans who go will leave these shows happy with what they get.

eaglesvet
04-01-2010, 03:10 AM
With respect to the last 3 posts here is my reply. As I said this entire thread must be getting a bit boring to some,myself included.

First to GlennLover.. First of all I would take a full 2 hour eagle set with no intermission and be a happy bobbyboy.. If you average the timeplay of each song (about 5 minutes in length).. thats 24 songs in 2 hours.. Maybe remove 4 of those songs to allow for the very little dialogue we usually see, and that leaves a 20 song set..Like I said..I will take it and be happy.

Eaglesvet.. I am very aware of the seating capacity but even with the floor seats included it looks like about 50,000 fans when you look at the thousands of end zone seats that are not for sale.. Sure you might have been at some Bon Jovi in the round format concert there,that allows in the round seating but thats not the case in this concert. As far as suggesting that this mega facility is the norm,well thats certainly not the case.. I think we all know that 20,000 is more the norm.
Now Prettymaid.. I stated the other day that his comments were off the cuff words but I admit it was done within the context of this concerts discussion.. As I said though a 2 hour concert with no break I will take and run especially if it gave the chicks close to the same.. Remember in Toronto there is no Urban involvement so Im hoping we get a better mix than the US gigs.
Anyhow.. The eagle world no doubt will be scouring the net the morning of Wed June 9 following opening night in Toronto on June 8.. As I said I will post the set list....Not to worry ...for those folks who have been reluctant to buy tickets due to the format, they will still be able to get raped by Stub Hub for tickets , since TM will be long sold out
Not that we have to worry anymore that bobbyboy will hear my response to this...but coming from someone who has actually been to countless concerts at the Meadowlands (heck, I grew up there! :hilarious:)---20,000 IS NOT the norm! For any artist worth their salt, we are talking sell-out...I'll give you 50,000; but you and I both know that there are certain favorite sons that can sell out more than that! :wink:

Shadowland07
04-01-2010, 04:05 PM
i just wish they would play some old gems like Doolin' Dalton, Outlaw Man, James Dean, maybe On the Border and definately King of Hollywood. But just stuff that they haven't played since the 70s. I think that'd be great.

Shadowland07
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
oh yeah lol i know. its just they play the same songs everytime. dont get me wrong i love hearing those songs but i just wish they'd suprise us.

Glennhoney
04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
..those who got to see these guys live in the 70s were very lucky indeed to hear all those great songs we'll never hear again...live, that is...I remember my brother waiting hours and hours in Toronto....mmm...1977 maybe...and when he finally got to the ticket window...it was sold out...how devastating..

Freypower
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I miss New Kid In Town, Already Gone and Tequila Sunrise, but they won't return. How Long is still being played.

What I would prefer is to hear more songs from LROOE - specifically YANA, IYWN, FGOTBP and BAU (I would also like to hear ILTWAWD but I suspect that for an Eagles show that would not even be considered).

The reality is that only one song sung by a former member remains (Take It To The Limit). But I see no reason why they couldn't do KOH, James Dean, Outlaw Man, etc. They won't do VOL or Those Shoes because they want to avoid givng Felder any royalites (Hotel California notwithstanding).

Shadowland07
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
They need to play Doolin Dalton, Chug All Night, James Dean, and maybe for the first time ever play On the Border

pueblo47
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I miss New Kid In Town, Already Gone and Tequila Sunrise, but they won't return. Pueblo, as far as I know How Long is still being played.

I haven't heard it lately, I've got it on a few CDs and maybe a few early DVDs from the '70s.

Most of the groups from the '70s are still touring on the hits from that era also, the Eagles are very different(add the Rolling Stones)in that they have kept on writing and putting out more hits, so they have a huge catalog to choose from. Unfortunately for us oldies lovers, that's what gets cut. Oh well, thank God for CDs and DVDs, especially DVDs where they are forever young:heart:.

Prettymaid
04-02-2010, 02:43 PM
How Long is still being played.

Yeah, they are opening their shows with it on the LROOE tour - it's great!

pueblo47
04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah Pueblo, they are opening their shows with it on the LROOE tour - it's great!

Well, rats, lol, I haven't been listening to the LROOE, duh. Really like that one song, the words and all, a classic. I need a dvd for LROOE, thought I had them all but not that one. Or is it on DVD yet and I missed it?

And now for another look at Bernie:hilarious:......

Prettymaid
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
It's on CD but not DVD...yet.

Prettymaid
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
< Joe's really rockin' in my avatar pic!