PDA

View Full Version : If each member had only 1 solo song in the set, which would you want it to be?

cynd1231
03-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Somehow I can't imagine them eliminating ALL solo material but I won't be surprised to see it trimmed considerably. I agree that it's an EAGLES show but if they still feel compelled to throw in solo stuff then pare it down to ONE each and focus the rest of the show on the whole package.

That being said, if you had to pick just one solo number for each of them to do, what would you like to hear? My choices:

All She Wants To Do Is Dance (always gets the crowd jumping)
Rocky Mountain Way (show-stopper)
You Belong To The City (just a personal favorite)
Parachute (I think this would be awesome in Eagles five-part harmony)

Soda....should we make this a new thread?

sodascouts
03-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Soda....should we make this a new thread?

Done!

This is an interesting topic. Here are mine:

Glenn: "The Heat Is On" - it's not my favorite but it's a fun song, it was a huge hit, and thanks to its use in sports everyone knows it and can sing along.

Tim: "Every Song Is You" - the Eagles would sound great harmonizing on this one.

Don: "Boys of Summer" - everybody loves it.

Joe: "Help Me Thru the Night" - yeah, we love Joe's rockers, but the Eagles sound magnificent on this.

Prettymaid
03-28-2010, 03:43 PM
That being said, if you had to pick just one solo number for each of them to do, what would you like to hear? My choices:

All She Wants To Do Is Dance (always gets the crowd jumping)
Rocky Mountain Way (show-stopper)
You Belong To The City (just a personal favorite)
Parachute (I think this would be awesome in Eagles five-part harmony)

Cynd, I agree with you on everything except RMW. It is a crowd favorite but since you asked what I would like to hear, I'll go with Walk Away. I also love In The City (although technically is it Joe solo ot the Eagles?) but WA really rocks! :headbang:

Troubadour
03-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm with Cathy on Walk Away. Love that song!

I'd also rather hear Don do Boys Of Summer than All She Wants To Do Is Dance. Boys Of Summer never gets old.

cynd1231
03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
My only issue with Walk Away is that it isn't really Joe, per se, rather it was originally The James Gang.........maybe I'm splitting hairs on this one but I really think of RMW as one of Joe's signature songs.

Prettymaid
03-28-2010, 04:21 PM
My only issue with Walk Away is that it isn't really Joe, per se, rather it was originally The James Gang.........maybe I'm splitting hairs on this one but I really think of RMW as one of Joe's signature songs.

True, but he does it in Eagles shows now, so that's good enough for me!

luvthelighthouse
03-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Glenn: The One You Love

Don: Boys of Summer

Joe: Walk Away (Since it's on his solo Can't Argue w/a Sick Mind)

Timothy: A Good Day

Now this is for "my" personal pleasure. If I had to pick for the masses I may choose differently.

cynd1231
03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
PM, I understand your point and don't dispute it....was just stating my own opinion. And just for the record, Walk Away is one of my personal favorites because I saw The James Gang play it live several times when I was in college. I can think of a LOT of other songs I might choose to ALL of them and can't really disagree with anyone's choices.

The thing I love about The Border is that there are NO WRONG choices or opinions!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY'S RIGHT

Prettymaid
03-28-2010, 06:13 PM
PM, I understand your point and don't dispute it....was just stating my own opinion.

Hey, no offense taken. It's a great topic and I'm glad you brought it up!

Freypower
03-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Tim - anything from Expando. Parachute or A Good Day would probably fit the Eagles style the best.

Joe - if not Rocky Mountain Way, Turn To Stone

Don - The Boys Of Summer

Glenn - ANYTHING.

POMPOY would be ideal, a song which astoundingly has never been performed live in its entirety. But if not, I don't think he should do one of his big hits. I would go with something like Strange Weather or River Of Dreams. There are no harmonies on ROD but the Eagles would make it work.

DonFan
03-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I chose to pick some songs that we don't usually get to hear.

Don: I Will Not Go Quietly (Y'all know how much I love that song--it rocks!)
Glenn: The Heat is On (love that song too)
Joe: Turn to Stone
Timothy: Anything

cynd1231
03-28-2010, 06:48 PM
What a diverse selection from everyone! I guess the next new thread will have to be "If the Eagles were to tour and do NOTHING BUT solo work...:rolleyes:.."

Brooke
03-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Don: Dirty Laundry (It just rocks!)

Glenn: The Heat Is On (Ditto)

Joe: Life's Been Good (Is it Joe solo? It is to me!)

Tim: Any of his new ones.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Okay - this is actually pretty easy for me … or maybe not. :grin: Here is my list (with the disclaimer that I don’t think it would ever happen in a gazillion years). If I could only choose one solo song for each Eagle to sing in concert, it would be …

Glenn – Part of Me, Part of You (If I were to go with his megahits, I would choose YBTTC over THIO mainly because Glenn co-wrote it; I also considered River of Dreams, but I think it’s pretty obscure outside of the hardcore fanbase).

Don – The Boys of Summer (Although there are several others that I’d love to hear, this classic masterpiece never gets old).

Joe – Life’s Been Good (Although I agree about what everyone has said about Rocky Mountain Way and Walk Away, LBG is such a crowd-pleaser that it must stay; I always look forward to hearing it at every show that I attend).

Timothy – Parachute (Soda, Every Song Is You is also one of my very favorites of Tim’s too, but it’s a cover, plus I think Parachute is a bit more “Eagley”).

Troubadour
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Ooh, I would love to hear POMPOY. Much more than The Heat Is On, or You Belong To The City.

I think Parachute would be a great choice (and the most logical one) for Tim to perform with the Eagles. My only other strong contender would be Downtime.

TimothyBFan
03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I love this because this means TIMOTHY GETS A SOLO SONG!!! :partytime:

Don-Boys Of Summer, probably the most well known DH song even for just the casual fan.

Glenn-You Belong To The City (the beginning of that song gives me chills every time and live....:faint:

Joe- This ones a hard one for me for some reason, but I think I'd have to go with Life's Been Good.

Timothy-I'd have to say Parachute only because it's new and I would LOVE to see something off of Expando get some attention from the Eagles and this seems like the logical one. My next choice (of course there would be one from me) is Every Song Is You which is my all time fave Timothy song ever!

pueblo47
03-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Don - Heart of The Matter - (Even if you don't love me anymore) - gulp, boo hoo - I always get a chill when he says that

Glenn - New Kid In Town - my all time fav from him - when he cut his hair(ha ha)then sang this, I thought he was the greatest singer in the band

Joe - Anything from him except Guilty of the Crime(don't like it at all)

Tim - Any slow ballad, he's so good with them, pours his heart into it, he's such a good guy

GlennLover
03-28-2010, 09:30 PM
These are ones that I would like to hear, not ones that I think would be crowd pleasers.

Glenn: The One You Love or After Hours (both so romantic)

Don: Not Enough Love In The World

Joe: Rocky Mountain Way

Timothy: One More Mile

Troubadour
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh my gosh, the thought of watching Don perform Not Enough Love In The World live... :inlove:

Freypower
03-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Don - Heart of The Matter - (Even if you don't love me anymore) - gulp, boo hoo - I always get a chill when he says that

Glenn - New Kid In Town - my all time fav from him - when he cut his hair(ha ha)then sang this, I thought he was the greatest singer in the band

Joe - Anything from him except Guilty of the Crime(don't like it at all)

Tim - Any slow ballad, he's so good with them, pours his heart into it, he's such a good guy

I agree with you about New Kid In Town, but the question was which solo song would you like them to perform if they only had one.

And GL - After Hours -the mind boggles at the thought. :drunk:

GlennLover
03-28-2010, 10:25 PM
And GL - After Hours -the mind boggles at the thought. :drunk:

Doesn't it though :faint:!!!

Shadowland07
03-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Don - Boys of Summer

Joe - Help Me thru the Night

Timothy - dont know any solo of his

Glenn - Sexy Girl

Koala
03-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Glenn -Part of Me, Part of You or The Heat is On

Don - The End Of The Innocence

Joe - Help Me thru the Night

Timothy - Parachute or Every Song is You

Brooke
03-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh man, how could I forget POMPOY?!

And no one else has chosen Dirty Laundry. I'm surprised! I love BOS, too, and HOTM. Ok, this is too hard! :lol:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm also surprised at how many people are choosing Help Me Thru the Night for Joe. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a totally gorgeous song. My point is that one of Joe's main roles in the band is to rock hard and "kick it up a notch" in the live shows, which he does to perfection. Based on that, I just wasn't expecting that so many of the fans would pick a ballad for him to perform.

Mrs Henley
07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Glenn: Love In The 21st Century, I'll ever see that song live

Timothy: White Boy From Sacramento - Am I seriously the only one who wants this song seeing live? Haha. No uh I think this is a great song to see the boys in "Jazz/Blues" action

Don: Boys Of Summer, that song will survive for ever.

Joe: Life's Been Good, I love this song and it's great to see live. I don't know about any other Joe Solo song..

EaglesFanatic
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Glenn-You Belong To The City
Don-Dirty Laundry
Timothy-Parachute
Joe-Life's Been Good

It's so hard to choose when you love so many of their songs!

Prettymaid
07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Nice to see this thread resurrected. I looked at my choices to see if I still felt the same, and pretty much yeah! :nod:

Mrs Henley
07-24-2010, 03:31 PM
It's so funny that choices can change or can't change. (Help I'm starting to typ Dutch, haha)

AzEaglesFan
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Don- The Last Worthless Evening
Glenn-You Belong To The City
Joe-Walk Away
Timothy- The Shadow

Glennhoney
07-25-2010, 09:40 AM
..Timothy....Parachute
Joe....Walk away (..his best song ever..)
Don..All she wants to do is dance...(so that Glenn can keep dancing)
Glenn..Smuggler's Blues...(would love to hear that live..)

carol7lynn
07-25-2010, 10:43 AM
TimmyB-I Can't Tell You Why :guitar:
Henley-Boys of Summer:drummer:
Glenn-You Belong to the City:rockguitar:
Joe-Rocky Mountain Way:angel:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

MikeA
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I'd like to see Joe bring back "Turn To Stone".

Lisa
07-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Don Henley: Not Enough Love In The World

Glenn Frey: The One You Love

Joe Walsh: Walk Away--(if all of the choices for Joe W. had included the James Gang repertoire, I would choose "Funk #49")!

Timothy B. Schmit: I Can't Tell You Why