PDA

View Full Version : I really like this band.

Nobody'sBeach
04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone, from a fellow fan.

Prettymaid
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome NB! Have you got to see them live yet?

Nobody'sBeach
04-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Thank you Prettymaid. I did ages ago but honestly it's kind of a blur, lol!

Prettymaid
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Well I'm sure you're going to enjoy yourself here. Lots of info and lots of fun!

eaglesvet
04-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Nobody's Beach, and welcome aboard! Interesting user name... what beach on the road are you near? Have fun on our site!

sodascouts
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Welcome - cute name! We all really like this band too - to say the least! ;)

ticky
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
hey NB and welcome! We're all somewhat fond of the guys *G* glad you could join us!!

Nobody'sBeach
04-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Prettymaid – you’re right – tons of info, should be fun.

eaglesvet – there’s an endless stretch of white sand and rolling waves in the back of my mind where I spend a great deal of time. Clothing optional, of course – nobody’s there.

sodascouts – thanks, I read your April Fool’s post – so I guess it’s ok? Very funny, btw.

ticky – “fond” works for me. I didn’t want to lurk in the shadows, so I jumped on in.

Thanks for the welcomes all.

Koala
04-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Welcome from me too! Hope you enjoy it here!:)

tequila girl
04-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Welcome from me too - I'm also new, you'll love it here!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Welcome from me as well, Nobody'sBeach. I like your username too, and glad you decided to jump right in here. There's lots to talk about when it comes to the Eagles so we hope you enjoy yourself on The Border as much as we do. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
04-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome, NB! It's great to have you here.

Brooke
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome from me, too, NB! This is a wonderful place to enjoy America's greatest band!

AzEaglesFan
04-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Welcome and I know you will enjoy this board. Not to many beaches here in Az but we sure have a lot of sand.

TimothyBFan
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome NB! Do tell us a little about yourself!!

Molly
04-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome, NB-glad you found us.

MikeA
04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
NB:

You are indeed welcomed here. Regardless of what topics you've waded through already, EVERYONE is welcomed warmly initially. Only a very few (only one that I know of) has/have ever had a cold shoulder turned to them <LOL>

Shoot, they even put up with ME! I'm one of two or three token Males tolerated.

Nobody'sBeach
04-06-2010, 12:09 AM
I really appreciate all the welcomes and kind words. I have been the new kid on more than one occasion in my life. It’s not easy to penetrate any established and tight knit community to become one of the gang. Those who know each other well tend to develop a language of their own based on history and previous conversations. It just takes some time to shake that outsider feeling. I’ll give it a shot.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Please feel free to give it a shot, NB. You are right in that we are a tight knit community here. But, we are also a pretty diverse group, and we welcome anyone who wants to join us to about the Eagles (and other stuff, too). No need to be shy around here. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I really appreciate all the welcomes and kind words. I have been the new kid on more than one occasion in my life. It’s not easy to penetrate any established and tight knit community to become one of the gang. Those who know each other well tend to develop a language of their own based on history and previous conversations. It just takes some time to shake that outsider feeling. I’ll give it a shot.

As TBF said above, it might help you feel more comfortable if you tell us a little about yourself. You may have more in common with people here than you think! :computer:

Nobody'sBeach
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm just a fan, and really talking about me would bore everybody to tears, but I'll keep that in mind.

These guys made quite a few of the songs I have always cranked way up while driving or cleaning the house or working in the yard. You know, everyday stuff. But, here I get to look at the pictures too and that's a bonus!

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
NB, you may also enjoy reading the reviews from Eagles concerts or solo shows some of us have been able to attend in the On The Road With The Eagles threads. There's so much on here you feel like you just don't have enough time to get through all of it! :thumbsup:

Nobody'sBeach
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Prettymaid, I'll take you up on that.

It's a shame writing a review of that one I attended would be pointless. It was hot. There was Henley. Life in the Fast Lane (yep, Joe was there), and a Hotel California. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was awesome!

Oh well, live and learn, I guess?

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh well, I'm sure they don't remember it either! :hilarious:

Troubadour
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
It was hot. There was Henley.

Makes sense! :drool: :wink:

I'll just echo everyone else and say get stuck in, NB! We might seem like a well-established group, but in reality, many of us have only been here a year or so. I know I've made some wonderful friends here though, in a relatively short time. I'm sure you'll add lots to the board - and rest assured, we'll always enjoy hearing from you!

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
. It was hot. There was Henley.

:rofl:Now Troub, did it ever occur to you that NB might mean hot as in temperature?

Troubadour
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Like....body temperature??

;)

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Like....body temperature??

;)

I give up! :hilarious: Henley is hot!

Nobody'sBeach
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I give up! :hilarious: Henley is hot!

Truer words were never spoken!

Wow, caught with my superficial side up so early on. Fine, I'll confess. I was still in school (not that day) and much more interested in the boys in the band than the boys in the halls between classes. BUT, I wasn't the only one, was I?

And to those who said it would pass - wrong, wrong, so very wrong!

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 10:09 PM
NB, I think you're going to fit in just fine here...

TimothyBFan
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
:thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I would have to agree!

eaglesvet
04-07-2010, 02:10 PM
:rofl:Now Troub, did it ever occur to you that NB might mean hot as in temperature?
As in HSG, from the sounds of things!!:hilarious:

sodascouts
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
HSG = Hot Sexy Gorgeous by the way. ;)

We started using this term back when the board was new. A guy came on and criticized the ladies of the board for being too shallow. I joked that all the shallow posts were my fault because I had made it a rule that every member of The Border had to have at least one post that contained the terms "hot, sexy, and/or gorgeous" regarding the Eagles at least once a week. As part of the joke, several people started posting photos and declaring them to be "Hot, Sexy, and Gorgeous." Dreamer shortened it to HS&G, and it caught on, then got shortened to plain ol' HSG.

See, now you're in on the lingo, too! lol

Troubadour
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't think I've actually heard the story behind HSG before! LOL. Thanks for filling me in. ;)

Nobody'sBeach
04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
HSG works for me, ladies!

I can be as shallow as the next girl. Thanks for sharing the story.

eaglesvet
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
The origin of another Borderism...cool! No, that story is new to me as well! Boy, you were a shallow bunch back in the day, huh? :thumbsup: But really, girls...HSG photos ONLY once a week?...oh brother!:thumbsdown::hilarious: