PDA

View Full Version : Hell Freezes Over Viewing Chat Party on April 24!

sodascouts
04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Hell Freezes Over was taped on April 25 and April 26, 1994. To celebrate the occasion, let's hold a chat party on Saturday, April 24 and watch Hell Freezes Over together! It'll start at 8:00 Eastern time... who can make it?

EagleLady
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I'll try

Freypower
04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
I will try to be there if I can.:partytime:

ticky
04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
OO fun!! I'll be there!

cynd1231
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!! :blueblob::applause:

GlennLover
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
As far as I know I will be able to make it.

AzEaglesFan
04-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Should be able to

tequila girl
04-16-2010, 03:16 AM
It sounds great!....but whats that in UK time? :confused:

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
With any luck, I'll be in the states by then. But I'm sure if Jess and I are at home, we'll pop HFO on and join you!

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2010, 05:42 AM
I can't make the 24th as its Lauras birthday. But I COULD make the evening of the 23rd. Would it make any difference to swop? No problem if not.

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2010, 05:43 AM
It sounds great!....but whats that in UK time? :confused:
About 1am! lol!

Wildthyme
04-16-2010, 05:44 AM
I will be there!

tequila girl
04-16-2010, 07:39 AM
With any luck, I'll be in the states by then. But I'm sure if Jess and I are at home, we'll pop HFO on and join you!
There's no need to rub it in! :evil:

I'm Sooooooooooo Jealous.......But I do hope you have a Fabulous Time!:jealous:

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
I alway try to at least pop in. I sure will try to watch the video also.

Molly
04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I should be able to make this one!

sodascouts
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
GA - I'm afraid I have a dinner party on the 23rd so it has to be the 24th this time.

However, for international folks who can't come so late.... I'll come in early around 6:00 or so and if you want we can have a mini-HFO-party before the big one starts. How does that sound?

For those who are able to make it - Woot!

Fan_For_Life
04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Count me in. :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Saturday nights don't usually work for me. :-( Friday nights could possibly work. Especially early.

Freypower
04-17-2010, 06:33 PM
That is actually my problem too, as it turns out. It's Sunday my time and that is 'washing and shopping' day in this house, because hubby usually works on Saturday.

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2010, 07:37 PM
GA - I'm afraid I have a dinner party on the 23rd so it has to be the 24th this time.

However, for international folks who can't come so late.... I'll come in early around 6:00 or so and if you want we can have a mini-HFO-party before the big one starts. How does that sound?

For those who are able to make it - Woot!

Awwww No worries Nancy! I know we'll never get a night that suits absolutely everybody! Hope you have a great time at the Dinner party.

eaglesvet
04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Right now, my laptop is out of commission, so I have to use a desktop that is 2 floors away from the TV. So, if I do stop in LATE, it will be without having access to the HFO concert, I'm afraid. I will have to rely on memory. And just join into the conversation!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Just wanted to post a reminder for everyone about the Saturday night Chat Party at 8:00 p.m. ET. Hope we have a good turnput so that we can all jointly experience the awesomeness that is Hell Freezes Over! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
And if our overseas folks want to pop in earlier, that's fine too! We might be able to fit in an early preview. ;)

EagleLady
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Not gonna come, Sorry :-(

luvthelighthouse
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Sadly, I do not own HFO... at least not yet... so I will not be joining the viewing...

Stars
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I won't be able to make it, but have fun everyone!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I can't make it either - company's coming :sad:.

sodascouts
04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Sadly, I do not own HFO

:jawdrop:
You must get this ASAP!

sodascouts
04-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, I hate to be a buzzkill, but that's a commercially available DVD... in print, readily attainable at pretty much any place that sells DVDs...

If you want it, buy it.

sodascouts
04-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Nope, nothing yet... but I'm crossing my fingers. If they do one, I hope they include Somebody.

TimothyBFan
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Just wanted to tell everyone it was great talking to all of you last night. A lot of fun was had!! Can't wait for the next one!!

ticky
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Im really sorry I missed most of you last night and missed the party. I went to the book release celebration last night and got my book!!
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/story.jpg
Afterward we took Sarah to a carnival at Jenni's school and got home about 5:30. I was exhausted and I have to admit, I just forgot!! Cami reminded me afterward and I was able to pop in and say hey to Nancy and Kay and Cami *G* Still, Im sorry I missed the video and everyone else. :weep:

04-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I had a good time in chat last night, too. It was fun chatting with all of you who were there even though I was late to the party.

And Rhonda - what a thrill it must be for you to see your name in that book. Congratulations to you ... you go girl!!! :rockon: :rockon:

Prettymaid
04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry I missed you Dreamer. I was in and out early but still had a good time.

04-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Aw shucks, PM - sorry I missed you too. My niece's prom was last night so I was running late. (And OBTW - yes she did look gorgeous! :wink: )

tequila girl
04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't even realise it was in *chat* being quite new to this sort of thing:blush: either way I missed it.

But..........i've put on HFO this afternoon and been interrupted several times with phone calls :mad::scowl:

However i'm now in tears because........

"It wasn't really sad the way they said good-bye
Or maybe it just hurt so bad she couldn't cry
He packed his things, walked out the door and drove away
And she became the girl from yesterday

He took a plane across the sea
To some foreign land
She stayed at home and tried so hard to understand
How someone who had been so close could be so far away
And she became the girl from yesterday"

This is basically what happened to my marriage!

and now......

six years later

"You never thought you'd be alone this far
down the line
And I know what's been on your mind
You're afraid it's all been wasted time "

I know we can all relate at some stage in our lives to things that are relevant to us..................... but - why are mine all negatives?

"So you take a little something to
make them go away"

tequila girl
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks P47 - carried on to "Help me through the night - cried some more!

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Im really sorry I missed most of you last night and missed the party. I went to the book release celebration last night and got my book!!
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/story.jpg
Afterward we took Sarah to a carnival at Jenni's school and got home about 5:30. I was exhausted and I have to admit, I just forgot!! Cami reminded me afterward and I was able to pop in and say hey to Nancy and Kay and Cami *G* Still, Im sorry I missed the video and everyone else. :weep:

WOW!! Rhonda this looks brilliant. I remember reading a book called 'Children on the Oregon Trail' about a family of children called Sager (I think) and the whole history of the Oregon trail fascinated me. Are you familiar with it?

Enjoy your masterpiece and again Congratulations! :drummer:

Troubadour
04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
That is so freaking cool, Rhonda! I'm so happy for you. :hug: Many congratulations - things are going well right now, you deserve to celebrate!

Jess and I had hoped to make the chat party, but despite the fact that she put herself on the Early Out list, she couldn't get off work on time. I was at Christi's looking after her three-year-old twins (HELP!) and literally didn't have a minute to check in to The Border. We did watch some of HFO while we were getting ready in the morning though, so we joined the celebrations and contributed to the drooling in spirit.

sodascouts
04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Look at it from a positive perspective. Better off without him, TG! Good riddance. Don't let it get you down. Remember....

"So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key."

PS And thanks to those who came to the chat - it was tons of fun! Hopefully next time the folks who missed it this time will be able to make it!

ticky
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone *G*

Lisa, I am a amateur expert (*G*) on the Oregon Trail. I did a lot of study on it when I was looking up my family history. The Tandy/Harlow wagon train has some pretty amazing stories that include battles with the Mormons and Indians and a lost wagon train. Following the Harlow/Tandy line before that there is a lot of Civil War information. I even have a letter written to my GGGGrandfather from his aunt in Kentucky about an attack on the town by the Yankees when the women and children were gathered for a quilting at the church. It describes the battle in wonderful colloquialisms. The old letters like that are fun to read, the spelling is completely hit and miss but the hand writing is so beautiful.

eaglesvet
04-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to chime in...time got away from me Saturday night as well. Maybe next time!

GlennLover
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry I couldn't make it too. I was thinking about everyone chatting though. My company was late so I watched HFO while I was waiting for them to arrive.