PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles, CA 4-16-10

sodascouts
04-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Just saw this photo on Twitter. NO SUITS!

http://pikchur.com/pL9

GlennLover
04-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Just saw this photo on Twitter. NO SUITS!

http://pikchur.com/pL9

Yay! :thumbsup: Hope this continues for all the other venues & not just the outdoor ones!

cynd1231
04-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Well, ladies, all I can say is that so far this has been a 'take-my-breath-away' weekend. Promise to write more when I get home BUT the show was awesome Friday night. Whatever Bruce has up his sleeve is still a big secret -- something to do with the concert tonight. Must say I'm a bundle of anticipation ... he says we have to be there early!!!! OMG, light a candle because I've got my suspicions about his whole diabolic plan and I'll take all the divine intervention I can get!

NOTE: I ran in to the bank on my way to the airport yesterday and stopped dead in my tracks when I walked in. They play XM Radio at my bank...a nice touch..and the first thing I heard when I got inside was the oh-so familiar voice of Glenn crooning "New Kid In Town". It was like an omen of good things to come for the weekend.

Not quite 6 a.m. here in Tinseltown and, NO, I haven't slept a wink since arriving.....TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! I am SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO looking forward to spending another evening with all of my favorite men!!!

Stars
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Cynd, so glad you enjoyed the show!! Can hardly wait to read all details!!:partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-17-2010, 09:34 AM
A little birdie texted me early this morning to tell me a pix from last night shows NO SUITS!!!! Had to sneak on real quick to check it out! BTW--love the guy on the big screen in the picture! :hilarious: More to come I hope!!!!

Glennhoney
04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
..I hear they sang "Seven Bridges Road"...I'd love to have been there...but otherwise, the set list was basically the same as before, I think...can't wait to hear more details from our "borderers"..........

sodascouts
04-17-2010, 01:07 PM
..I hear they sang "Seven Bridges Road"...

AAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

:: chants ::

PLEASE DO NOT DROP THIS BEFORE SAN JOSE.

(and of course I hope they never drop it and everyone else gets to hear it, too!)

Troubadour
04-17-2010, 01:17 PM
It would be incredible to hear them do Seven Bridges.

I am so excited about seeing more pictures from last night!

Wildthyme
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
No suits AND Seven Bridges Road???? :faint::faint::faint:

TimothyBFan
04-17-2010, 05:21 PM
No freakin' way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is that? WOW! PLEASE someone get a recording of this from one of these concerts and get it on YouTube so we all see it real fast before they take it back down.

Cynd-I know you are excited and all but SBR and you didn't mention it? :fingerwag::hilarious:

Freypower
04-17-2010, 06:11 PM
AAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

(and of course I hope they never drop it and everyone else gets to hear it, too!)

That means Asia/Australia, Glenn. DO YOU HEAR ME?!!!

No suits, eh? Good. Even I was getting tired of them.

Wildthyme
04-17-2010, 06:16 PM
AAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

I have to add Sacramento to this since I will be at that show too :pray:

Prettymaid
04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
You guys!!! This is so exciting!!! Seven Bridges Road???!!! Are the Eagles checking in here and making our dreams come true???

And what about Cynd? What kind of dream is she going to have come true tonight???

This is so-o-o-o-o-o exciting!!!

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I was wondering that too! Maybe they DO check in here and are taking their true fans comments on board!!

Wildthyme
04-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Found these on youtube.... not sure how long they will stay up...

They aren't great quality but you can see they are indeed suit-free in the first one :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVa9MFJcec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4sC9Jdml0

Prettymaid
04-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks WT. Looks like the crowd is into it!

TimothyBFan
04-17-2010, 09:18 PM
OMG--I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes after hearing ICTYW!!! It's so good to see that again. I hope someone post SBR!

luvthelighthouse
04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/hollywood-244562-first-bowl.html

There are pics too...

Ive always been a dreamer
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Me too, Willie. It gives me goosebumps just thinking of the guys playing live again. Oh how I wish I could be out in CA to see one (or all :wink:) of these shows. I figured they would drop the suits for the Hollywood Bowl shows. I think the true test will be to see what happens when they play the indoor venues. :pray: :pray:

As far as Seven Bridges Road ... :fainted:

And cynd or Steph - we can't wait to hear from you!!!

04-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for posting that, ltl.

I noticed this sentence in particular ...

It was Walsh who consistently ignited the crowd with a gritty voice and raucous guitar riffs on "In the City," "Walk Away," "Rocky Mountain Way," and "Up All Night."

It looks like they brought back Rocky Mountain Way :applause: but I have no idea what "Up All Night" is unless it is Funk #49. I'm betting that's gotta be a mistake.

And OBTW - couldn't help but notice that it looks like Glenn is wearing his House of Blues plaid shirt.

Wildthyme
04-18-2010, 01:13 AM
It looks like they brought back Rocky Mountain Way :applause: but I have no idea what "Up All Night" is unless it is Funk #49. I'm betting that's gotta be a mistake.

I assume they are referring to the song "Up All Night" from Joe's Ordinary Average Guy album. If they really did play it its not something I am aware the boys have ever played in concert have they? I am rather excited to see them adding new material... but then again... what is getting dropped??

Koala
04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for finding and posting that articel!

Koala
04-18-2010, 02:13 AM
WOW SBR! I can't believe it! It would be very cool if they had it in the setlist!

Thanks WT!
Just I found small parts from Life's Been Good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9g2MlIxlU
Life in the Fast Lane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD48kGUlhYM
One of These Nights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuDG1YSuQtk
Rocky Mountain Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0OA_HVA60
Take it Easy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9oHaotslg
Heartache Tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sj147O5i7M
and Funk 49 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev0qjDTdF74

TimothyBFan
04-18-2010, 10:31 AM
So they opened with SBR and the crowd DIDN'T go wild? WTH!! I would of lost it! I can't wait to see the setlist to see exactly what they are playing. Sounds as if the crowd was awfully tame for the beginning of the show.

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM
The band got things started with their a cappella signature "Seven Bridges Road" and four straight from "Eden," including the Grammy-winning single "How Long."
--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious about the set list too. It sounds like after 7BR they went back to HL, BBF, IDWTHA and GOTC. I love that they're doing 7BR!

ETA: I'm guessing "Up All Night" is Funk 49 in this case. Didn't another review make that same mistake last year or the year before?

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Thank you so much Koala!

AzEaglesFan
04-18-2010, 01:06 PM
According to Tim M??
Seven Bridges Road
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don'T Want To Hear Anymore
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel Calif
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin Eyes
Boys of Summer
Long Run
No More Walks in the Woods
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love will Keep Us Alive
Take it to the limit
Long Road
Walk Away
One of These Nights
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk 49
HeartAche Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Take it Easy
Desperado
He also thinks they played Rocky Mountain Way???

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 01:12 PM
He also thinks they played Rocky Mountain Way???

They did and there's video to prove it! Thanks AZ!

luvthelighthouse
04-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm okay w/that set list! Looks sweet. I'm so in EW now... I could really use a dose of them. However, I just don't see myself in the Chaos that will be Soldier Field this summer.

I can't wait for some border reviews of this show!

cynd1231
04-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Sorry for the delay getting this posted...had a family emergency come up Saturday morning right after I posted and had to scut all plans for that night -- concert, Bruce's 'surprise' -- and catch a flight to Ohio.

Okay, gals...here's the set list:

Seven Bridges Road :jawdrop:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don'T Want To Hear Anymore
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California (and they were off & running) :rockguitar::band:
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why (thought I would die when he sang this) :inlove::fainted:
Witchy Woman
Lyin Eyes
Boys of Summer
Long Run
No More Walks in the Woods (gorgeous harmonies)
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love will Keep Us Alive (yes, I :weep:--too beautiful) :drool:
Take it to the limit
Long Road
Walk Away
One of These Nights
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry :rockon:
Funk 49
HeartAche Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Take it Easy
Desperado :sigh:
And yes, Rocky Mountain Way was in there although I can't recall exactly where...sorry. But Joe was truly in his element and really brought the crowd to life -- no surprise. :hilarious:

When they came on stage the first words out of my mouth were "NO SUITS!!!!" And then when they launched into SBR I thought I was going to faint!!!! Too bad everyone else didn't recognize what a truly special treat that was...it's always been one of my favorites so I was over the moon to hear it.

FYI, our "pool" seats were actually right up front and, YES, I was right in front of Tim for the entire show. Bruce had to hold me down a few times -- the temptation to climb up and hug all of them was almost more than I could resist, especially Tim. But they were very relaxed -- obviously in their element with the hometown crowd. HC really put them in their groove! The entire show, in my biased opinion, was totally EAGLICIOUS!
(By the way, my 'surprise' was supposed to be a meet-and-greet. Not sure how he arranged it and I'm beyond crushed. :woah::stunned::cry::thud::jawdrop::cuss:)

I'm afraid my enthusiasm is dampened right now by my family crisis and I apologize. Haven't even had a chance to really check my pictures, which is another story in itself because my camera refused to cooperate and I had to use my cell phone which doesn't take the best pix.

Will try to provide more when things calm down. But for those of you who are preparing to attend the upcoming shows, hang on because it's worth the wait. Will say this much...I'm really excited about Foxboro in June 12th.

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Pardon my ignorance(I'm still in the "stupid mode" syndrome today)but isn't the opening line to How Long - "Like a bluebird with its heart removed?"

If so, that's one of my all-time favs from the early days along with Midnight Flyer and Train Leaves Here This Morning. Glenn's vocals on it are smokin'!

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 02:41 PM
We told you they were doin' it! Didn't you believe us? :wink: :hilarious:

MikeA
04-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Funk #49 / Up All Night <<???>> That is confusing but considering that Joe's "Up All Night" off of Ordinary Average Guy wasn't that well known. And considering that #49 is one is the Eagles' staples in concerts, I'm sure that was what was intended in that article. Shows how much the reporter really knows about the Eagles. No surprise. He probably knew nothing much more about Eagles than their name.

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 04:09 PM
We told you they were doin' it P47! Didn't you believe us? :wink: :hilarious:

When in doubt......and I was cuz I had it confused with Already Gone but just played it and it's one of the golden oldies that I loved so much. When Glenn hollers OOOWWWW as they go into the instrumental, that makes the whole song rock! Had to make sure:partytime:......thanks..........

TimothyBFan
04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I'll just say this about How Long--I will never ever ever hear the opening notes of that song ever again without reliving hearing it the first time live and it making me cry. :hilarious: What an emotional wreck I was for a minute!

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 04:27 PM
When Glenn hollers OOOWWWW as they go into the instrumental, that makes the whole song rock! Had to make sure:partytime:......thanks..........

I don't think he does that anymore...

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't think he does that anymore...

Figured he didn't cuz you can hear him on the album and he sounds so YOUNG and filled with energy and that's kind of hard to duplicate over a 37 year span:thumbsup:. That's just such a great rocking sound, so raw and lively. I've been playing it most of the afternoon from the Boys of Summer set, time to isolate it and add it to the favorite song CD so I can wallow in it:angel:.

Freypower
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
How Long was not recorded by the band until 2007. It's on the Long Road Out Of Eden album. So whatever you have is an old bootleg version. The version EOC has is here. I can't link to the song directly.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimedialiveaudio.htm

I wish I knew what Somebody did wrong. I thought it rocked.:sad:

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Pueblo, How Long was not recorded by the band until 2007. It's on the Long Road Out Of Eden album.

:sad:

Not to dispute your word but it's on my Boys of Summer set and it's from the Don Kirshner Show - 1972

Ok, I just caught your edit but these aren't bootlegs that I can see.

Freypower
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't know what the 'Boys Of Summer' set is but it isn't an official album, and to my knowledge How Long is not in the Kirshner show but the Holland 1973 show. That is a live video performance, not a studio album.

I am afraid you will have to take my word for it that the page I linked to consists of all live, hence 'bootleg' versions of songs, not studio recordings. The show at which they were recorded is listed for each song. Hence this version of How Long was recorded at Berkeley in 1973.

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Ok, you're right and I'm wrong as usual. This is a 4 CD set with 60 songs, 48 page booklet, complete band history, discography & family tree, covers the 70s, 80s, solo careers and the 1994 reunion and it was produced by Great Dane Records in ITALY 1994.

You ought to know me well enough by now to know that I seldom pay attention to details like that:thumbsup:. I've had it for a long time but just never read the little fine print on the back of the booklet.

Freypower
04-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Pueblo, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong 'as usual' but I thought it was important to clarify exactly when How Long was recorded.

pueblo47
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Pueblo, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong 'as usual' but I thought it was important to clarify exactly when How Long was recorded.

And we know each other well enough to know that my feathers aren't ruffled by the above quote. Lighten up, FP, lol. These details are important to you and most of the dedicated fans here but I'm not a detail type. If it sounds and plays like the Eagles, I like it:partytime:. And you're right, this isn't a recorded song, it's live(which makes it all the better for me)and this will be added to my other Glenn favs New Kid In Town and Tequila Sunrise. No one can sing these like he does.

TimothyBFan
04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I wish I knew what Somebody did wrong. I thought it rocked.:sad:

I think so too! Like I said before, I didn't really appreciate it until I heard it live. He absolutely rocks it live! To bad it's gone.

Glennhoney
04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
...I must agree..."Somebody" was great live.....Glenn has very few "rocking" songs....sorry it's gone............:-(

TimothyBFan
04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Am I the only one a bit disappointed that we really don't have any pictures of these shows and only a small review has been posted? Seems strange there isn't more out there since it's a new start up and it was the Eagles at the freakin' Hollywood Bowl. It's seems to me there would be more excitement from people who were there and we'd see and hear something.

I wonder when Steph was going to go back home also. Hope she doesn't have any trouble with her flight back to the UK. Can't wait to hear from her---she usually has some great pictures, at least of Will! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm eating it all up as fast as it's fed to us too TBF. Can't wait for more - specifically close ups! :heybaby:

cynd1231
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the lack of 'professional' media reviews is directly related to the fact that Coachella was also this past weekend in Indio -- an unfortunate conflict of interest for reporters. It's been the focus of attention by the LA press for a couple of weeks. I'm also hugely disappointed. I've check online and the LA Times has made absolutely NO mention of our guys at the Bowl that I've been able to find, nor have any of the trade papers!

My apologies again to everyone for not putting up more details to date. Once my mother has her surgery and we know where things stand on that front, I'll try to re-focus my attention and give everyone my scoop. Did have a minute to check my pictures and am sad to say that none of them are worth a plugged nickle. Will be shopping for new camera and phone next week.

Brooke
04-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Cynd, thanks so much for your great review and am glad you had a good time. The Eagles don't usually disappoint. I'm glad to see the casual look has returned, too!

I hope your Mom will be ok and everything gets sorted out soon.

The reporter described Don's voice as smooth and polished. Strange, I think his voice is scratchy and rough (and very sexy, of course!), but whatever!

I'm also so sorry Glenn has dropped Somebody. Why Glenn? Are you going to quit singing any of your lead songs? We love your songs. Please bring them back. :pray:

StephUK
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Am I the only one a bit disappointed that we really don't have any pictures of these shows and only a small review has been posted? Seems strange there isn't more out there since it's a new start up and it was the Eagles at the freakin' Hollywood Bowl. It's seems to me there would be more excitement from people who were there and we'd see and hear something.

I wonder when Steph was going to go back home also. Hope she doesn't have any trouble with her flight back to the UK. Can't wait to hear from her---she usually has some great pictures, at least of Will! :hilarious:

Hi,:wave:

I was due to fly back to England today, but obviously that's not happening. The next flight I can get on is not until the 29th(assuming it's all cleared by then), so I'm getting an extended holiday. No complaints about that!!

I've just got back from LA to my friend's house in Houston and I'm still tired.

Yes, I have some photo's(and not just of Will!) but as I don't have my own PC with me over here I won't be able to load them and post some until I get back. Hope you can be patient!!

I will say that the shows were AWESOME - the Hollywood bowl is a great place to see the Eagles. :yay::yay::yay::applause::applause::applause:

Steph

Brooke
04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Great to hear from you Steph! Glad you had a good time and can't wait to see your pics! We'll try to be patient!

Good luck getting home!

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Glad you had a good time, Steph. It's good that you're in a position to enjoy your forced extended holiday!

Out of interest, why is the earliest flight you can get the 29th? Just availability? Or is it to do with the ash? I'm not sure if you are aware, but British airspace is due to re-open tomorrow. Things are looking fairly positive here at the moment. (Knock on wood.)

StephUK
04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I fly into Bristol airport which is quite small and so has less flights. All flights are fully booked until the 29th, and the only option was to go on 'airport standby' which would mean going to Houston airport each day. It's nearly a hours drive from where I'm staying and my friend is back at work anyway so she can't drive me.
My car is at Bristol airport, so I prefered to fly into there rather than change to a London airport then have to get over to Bristol to get my car.
I'm not currently working so I don't have to get back for work, so the easiest thing was just to take the first bookable flight offered.

Troubadour
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Ah, okay. That makes sense for you! So if you'd wanted a flight into Heathrow, you could have got one earlier than the 29th?

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Steph, so nice to hear from you. Glad you enjoyed the concert. Enjoy your extended time in the States and have a safe flight home. We are anxious to see your pics!

sodascouts
04-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, I'm dying to hear more about the shows. I can't believe there's not more press about it - I mean, we're talking about the EAGLES here!

Have fun in Texas, Steph. I wish I was visiting my parents in Houston right now so we could hang out while you're stranded!

TimothyBFan
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
:yay: Yay Steph---I knew we could count on you!!! I knew there'd be pictures besides Will also but I still bet there's more Will--which isn't a bad thing! :hilarious: We are starving here for info on these concerts, other than the set lists, we haven't had much, so can't wait to hear your account of the whole thing and see your pics.

Enjoy your Texas stay and please get home safely!!!

sodascouts
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
When I was looking at Ticketmaster for more info about the June 15 show I saw there were several short reviews of the Hollywood Bowl shows. Here you go:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977?ac_link=eagl08_aylf&tm_link=Search_other_matches#BVRRWidgetID

TimothyBFan
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks Soda!! Love the one that said their favorite moment was Waiting In The Weeds and the one that said the people behind them wanted them to sit down. :laugh:

Freypower
04-19-2010, 10:52 PM
One of them said they played Tequila Sunrise. I wonder sometimes. There are probably many more 'casual fans' out there who don't know the songs that well. I don't understand how you could get Tequila Sunrise confused with anything else. It seems sloppy to me.

sodascouts
04-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Here's a glowing fan review with photos!! (You'll need to scroll down to get past her personal stuff and to the photos and concert review)

Rockin' Out with the Eagles (http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com/2010/04/rockin-out-with-eagles-band.html)

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Awww, that was fun to read! Nice to see some closer pics, too. Don's let his hair grow a bit! :inlove:

TimothyBFan
04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Great review and pictures!! Thanks for finding that Soda. She sounds like Joe started out kinda rough at the beginning of his solos but got better. I wonder if she means GOTC, she said she's not familiar with the new album so maybe that's why she thought that.

Prettymaid
04-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah, it sounds like she thought 7BR was from LROOE.

When you got to the part where she said Timothy can still hit those high notes, how many of you thought to yourselves, "Like they were nothin"! :bye:

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah, it sounds like she thought 7BR was from LROOE.

If I ever have enough money to get a personalised license plate... :cool:

MikeA
04-20-2010, 08:35 AM
LOL....have too! Our friends at Cass Country Music forced removal of the vid of Hotel California at the end of the post! (talking about that "Rockin' With The Eagles" blog post.)

Brooke
04-20-2010, 11:59 AM
When I clicked on the link, I got a warning "Malware Detected" and I couldn't go to it. Anyone else?

04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Hmmm Brooke - I didn't try the link, but with that message, I think I'll just stay away from it.

As far as that review, while reading it, I was reminded again about what a different experience it is for fans at their first Eagles show than for us hardcores who have been to a lot of shows. To me, it just reinforces how right Don was about what he said about their song choices for live shows. Every time I see how thrilled first timers are after their first Eagles show, I have to believe the guys are getting it right. How exciting to think that they are still capable of generating this level of excitement in their fans after all this time.

sodascouts
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Hmm! I didn't get any warning but I'll copy and paste the blog post here just in case:

Rockin' Out With The Eagles (the Band)
It was a Friday. Much like any other Friday, except I was sitting in traffic, waiting... bumper to bumper... just anticipating my night. I was excited. This is something I had been waiting for... for months. I was on my way to the World Famous - Hollywood Bowl, to see one of my all-time faves... The Eagles.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yNHJcnFfI/AAAAAAAAAv0/k7x1ja1uLOw/s400/IMG_2435.JPG

We got there REALLY early (like at 4pm'ish, and the concert was set to start at 7:30). They do this thing called "Stacked Parking" (where everyone [car] is piled into a parking lot like a can of sardines, and the only way you are gonna get out is if the person or people in front of you have left already... needless to say, but... there are no early releases in this situation). We were the fifth in line of the first row of the parking. We had a easy out into the future traffic. Good to go!

I didn't take pics of the food... actually, I didn't take ANY pics (these are all Juan's doing!). We went with the thought we were going to eat at one of the restaurants. Uh... yeah... What we didn't know is... in the past eight years since we'd been to the Hollywood Bowl, things have changed a. lot. NOW... you actually can't get into the restaurants (any of them) unless you've made prior reservations. Ugh. So... we were stuck with concession stands or... we could... W A L K (gasp!) to a local restaurant (the nearest one being .5 miles away). We chose to walk to a pizza place.

As we were headed down the hill... one of the concession stands rolled up their doors... Juan went to ask about the Chicken Caesar Salad. Upon finding that the chicken is cold (not fresh), he started to walk away. The vendor said, "Well, we have burgers, hot dogs..." BURGERS? Uh... they aren't on the menu... "Yeah, they're not, but we have 'em." So... we ordered burgers (the man? ordered... 2. Me? 1.) and coughed up $11 a piece for them.

My thoughts? OMG! I coulda/woulda/shoulda had Red Robin or The RainForest for that kinda price! These are gonna be crappy little burgers for a mass expense.

But... I waited patiently and didn't say a word, as THIS is what my husband wanted to do... and I really didn't want to WALK up and down the hills of Hollywood (the Bowl is SURROUNDED by hills!).

Out came the burgers, mine with no onion, his with cheese. Much to my surprise, we got three (count them... 1... 2... 3...) trays, each with their own burger in them. Curious, I looked at my burger, peeking through the open wrap. Mmm... grilled Artisan bread/bun. (Oh yummm...!) And the burger? Uh... HELLO burger! It wasn't a teeny-weeny 1/4-pounder. It was one helluva 1/2-pound burger (grilled to perfection... by the way!). Complete with butter leaf lettuce, succulent red-ripe tomato and a side of garlic-mayo. I am in HEAVEN! This was better than Red Robin and Rainforest put together (and I love their burgers!). And Juan said, "I thought they were going to be rinky-dink... and I ordered 2?" After he got through his first and half-way through his 2nd, he asked if I wanted more. Uh... no. I'm so good.

How'd we get the camera in? Turns out, regardless of their strict rules being handed out at every possible moment, as long as the camera is point-and-shoot, not one of those HUGE SLRs with the magnificent lens, they let them in. So... we went back to the car and got his camera (hence the reason why I didn't want to WALK to dinner... taking the hills yet again).

OK, enough of my bad prose... I'll get to the actual entertainment.

The Hollywood Bowl in the daylight, with fans still pouring in...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yNHw9BgqI/AAAAAAAAAv8/dE98ovN8R6U/s400/IMG_2460.JPG

We got to our seats, and kicked back for a while. We people watched. We met seated close to us. Did you know... People came from all over the United States! The women next to me (who I seriously hope to be life-long friends with - HI, Kaye and Susie!!!) were from Alaska. The guy next to Juan was from New York, and another guy that my two new friends talked to was from Texas. And those are only the people we learned about.

Wow! I would never... well... I can't REALLY say that, as I've been exposed to Southern California and all it has to offer my whole life. We are SO spoiled here. We have everything at our fingertips, or at least within driving distance.

Ok... on to the concert (btw... I'm posting a video, and it is taking FOR.EVER. to process!)...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yNIQp3KdI/AAAAAAAAAwE/jsL8xwRXZsg/s400/IMG_2498.JPG

At 7:35, the Eagles took the stage. They sang in a cappella from their Long Road Out of Eden album. It was awesome. No one else opened for them. They did it for themselves. (*Note* I don't know what song it really was, as I'm not familiar with THAT album. I mostly listen to all of their older stuff. But... I will be getting this album, as what I've now heard... I like!)

These guys are seriously awesome! It was the best concert I've EVER been to (and I've been to quite a few). They joked around with each other, made jokes...

Glenn Frey mostly sang with his eyes closed (and his right finger in his ear), but had a great sense of humor in telling the history of some of the songs. My fave saying of the night? Glenn Frey: We are the eternal band. The Band that never dies! (and they played forever, too!... that's a good thing.)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yNI7A1EpI/AAAAAAAAAwM/2T_q8SdJvjI/s400/IMG_2529.JPG

Don Henley... sang his heart out! He even did some of his solo-ish songs (Boys of Summer and All She Wants to Do is Dance). He sounds JUST like he always did. And the guy is versatile... jumping from percussion to guitar...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRKpXlu1I/AAAAAAAAAwc/T-nCbk3EPuc/s400/IMG_2520.JPG

Timothy Schmit can still sing those high notes in I Can't Tell You Why, play bass, and sound GOOD!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRLIzNhpI/AAAAAAAAAwk/jr30D_mXPLA/s400/IMG_2533.JPG Joe

Walsh? What can I say... He's CRAZY... He's unpredictable... On his first solo of the night, I seriously thought it was a mercy song (like they "let" him sing, just so he could get some credit). It was THAT bad (think The Who during the Super Bowl... like Grandpas Gone Wild [and horrible]!). But, as the night got on... he warmed up and got A LOT better.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRLtkCWwI/AAAAAAAAAws/Kb5b5pd9vyM/s400/IMG_2553.JPG

They took a short intermission (less than 10 minutes, people!) and returned to again start off with another a cappella from their latest album. This time, they sat together. It was great.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yNJVpkOHI/AAAAAAAAAwU/lU7MGJod3SM/s400/IMG_2589.JPG

This was THE FIRST concert (sans children) I've ever been to that I didn't have a drink. Not. a. drop. of. alcohol. was consumed by this here person here. Seriously. Don't know why, but hubby got some sort of stick up his ass (yes... I still love him!) that we were going to enjoy it SOBER. And enjoy it... I DID!

And the Eagles enjoyed it, too! They played for a whole 3 1/2 hours, with a brief intermission and two encores. They did it all! They were funny. They were entertaining. Their quality (of voice and of music) hasn't deteriorated over the years. They sounded SUPER awesome. But most of all... they enjoyed each other. They jammed together and had a blast. They made us (the audience) feel like they were doing this because they liked to do it. I have never seen a band enjoy performing as much as they appeared to.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRNGRb5yI/AAAAAAAAAw8/lu91oA_3l0s/s400/IMG_2612.JPG

I would like to personally thank the Eagles (all members) for this wonderful night in Hollywood. It was a night I will never forget and will forever remember as the BESTEST concert I've ever been to in my whole life. These are great memories, and I will cherish them.

I came out of this concert with a renewed spirit for music, the Eagles, and the Hollywood Bowl. I came out with a couple of new friends, too (and not high on second-hand weed smoke). Thank you, Juan... for your most wonderful Valentine's present.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRMlRHGfI/AAAAAAAAAw0/S3IXkDq34BQ/s400/IMG_2599.JPG (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XUKXIGUcmNA/S8yRMlRHGfI/AAAAAAAAAw0/S3IXkDq34BQ/s1600/IMG_2599.JPG)
The Hollywood Bowl at Night.

After all this gushing (my true feelings, by the way), I might probably complain, in another post, about the CHEAP-ASS quality of t-shirt you get for a whopping $35!, but I am still so elated right now, I don't want to go there... right now...

And (if it ever finishes processing...) here is a little share with you. I hope you enjoy it like I did!

SCRATCH the ABOVE! It just won't take!

MikeA
04-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, I didn't get the Maleware Alert this morning when I followed that link, but just now I did. Interesting.

Brooke
04-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for posting that Soda! Great! :spin:

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Great reviews and Pics, Thanks for finding them Nancy. Did you see the username of the person whos favourite song of the night was WITW. it was 'track7disc1'

Glenn :heart: looks soooo cute, particularly the one where he is jamming with Joe and has the baseball cap on.

Steph! Enjoy your exrended break in the US! Have fun. I hope there's no more disruption though.

Freypower
04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
The part about 'sang with his eyes closed & his finger in his ear' wasn't very illuminating. I am also not sure about that backwards baseball cap. Most of it was positive except for the confusion about Seven Bridges Road.

MikeA
04-20-2010, 07:53 PM
FP, maybe I'm being obtuse here(sorry if that's the case). Not unusual for a performer to "sing with their finger in their ear". They all have hearing-aid type monitors and sometimes they do not come through as clear as the performer would like so they press it closer to their eardrums.

I probably misunderstood your comment on the review. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Don't have a clue about the baseball hat worn backwards. That used to be a pretty cool style. Maybe he just didn't want the bill of the cap to mask his face (??)

Now, with SBR, there really is no excuse for that misstep in the review! Nothing but noise coming from someone who enjoyed the concert but was not really familar with all of the Eagles' work. But I can't imagine ANYONE not at least knowing about the only accapella song they sang for years and years! The song that showcased their incredible harmonies more so than any other song they sang!

Freypower
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Mike, what I should have said that the writer didn't say anything about Glenn's actual performance and exaggerated the 'finger in the ear' bit. He does that sometimes but not throughout the show. Why didn't he/she tell us what Glenn's singing was like?

Re the backwards baseball cap, I understand why he had it on backwards, but I don't find it very flattering!

sodascouts
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Before I became a big fan of the Eagles in 2005 I had never heard of Seven Bridges Road, so.... :shrug:

I think the backwards hat is fun and cute - let's lighten up, people!

MikeA
04-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Ahhh FP, my bad. I wasn't thinking of it as it being a critique on the one doing the review.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so incredulous about Seven Bridges Road. I guess I think that anyone who loves music would love the Eagles and would have loved them since at least 1970 <LOL>

cynd1231
04-21-2010, 10:53 AM
So....any word on the Tuesday night show from anyone?

StephUK
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Better late than never.........here's a few of my photos from the show. If you want to see more go to this link

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/?start=all

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF133p.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF152p.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF77p.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF91p.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF34p.jpg

I'll try to post HOLLYWOOD BOWL Saturday 17th and LAS VEGAS photos soon.

Freypower
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Those are excellent, Steph. Thank you.

luvthelighthouse
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF77p.jpg

I thousand thank yous!!! You know this is my favorite Timothy stance. He's so sexy!

Koala
05-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Great photos, thanks Steph!
Especially I love this one ♥
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF157p.jpg?t=1273037266

Freypower
05-05-2010, 03:08 AM
I like that one too - very striking view of Mr Hollis there.....:faint:

Prettymaid
05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the photos Steph!

TimothyBFan
05-05-2010, 08:27 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Hollywood%20Bowl%20Friday%2016%20April/Eagles2010HollywoodBowlF91p.jpg

OMG!!!!!!

Brooke
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Great photos Steph! Will looks great, too, and I'm liking his longer hair!

Can't wait to see more!

tbs fanatic
05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
WOW! I think you need to be inducted into the Photo Takers Hall of Fame, Steph. Those are great. Is Tim's hair getting longer too?

sodascouts
05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Terrific, Steph! Thank you so much for posting them!