PDA

View Full Version : ACM awards last night

Stars
04-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Did anyone watch the ACM awards last night? I watched the entire show, although hubby came out and woke me up when I dozed off during Brad Paisley's song. No disrespect to him-I've been sick lately and I think it was all catching up with me.
I thought Miranda Lambert's song, "The House That Built Me", was the stand out performance of the night. Has anyone heard this song? It made me cry-the lyrics and melody are so lovely.
I also enjoyed Lady Antebellem a lot-I was happy to see them win their awards-very deserving!:thumbsup:

Brooke
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought it was a great show. I really enjoyed Miranda's song and also Carrie Underwood's Temporary Home. Both of those girls can really, really sing and had me in tears, too.

Love, love Lady Antebellum and am glad they did so well.

I was disappointed with Keith Urban's video/live performance. I would have much rather seen it live.

I'm also glad Taylor Swift didn't win anything. I'm just so sick of her. Sorry Taylor fans, just my opinion.

I wish Brooks & Dunn would have played a different farewell song than My Maria, but the fans voted, so......? But why would you want them to do a cover song as a farewell? Oh well!

EagleLady
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm a bit disappointed Taylor didn't win anything but oh well

MikeA
04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
So, Carrie Underwood took Entertainer of the Year for the second straight year?

She's good. And it looks as though she is really riding the wave right now when she is so popular. Hope she doesn't burn herself out!

Brooke
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes, Carrie U is the Entertainer of the Year again. She's definitely got a lot going on! I wasn't sure she could hold up her left hand with that huge rock on it!

Her voice is just amazing. I think she's right up there with Martina McBride. Those are two little ladies with great big voices. And their range is fantastic.

Prettymaid
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I remember when Carrie was on American Idol she did Independence Day one week. She did it well.

sodascouts
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Carrie certainly is an American Idol success story!

So Brooks and Dunn are breaking up? That's too bad. I really liked them back in the nineties.

eaglesvet
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I read about this show after the fact...sounds like it was an entertaining show. Wish I had seen it! I think I heard that Carrie's cell phone rang during her acceptance speech...true? What was that all about, anyone who saw it?

Brooke
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
It didn't ring, but she said it buzzed her while she was talking. Too funny!

EasyFeeling
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I was disappointed with Keith Urban's video/live performance. I would have much rather seen it live.

Brooke, I couldn't watch it as you know... what do you mean? Why were you disappointed?

Brooke
04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
They did some kind of live filming and it looked like it was shown from a video camera. It was a bit fuzzy like a bootleg or something. It was a good performance, but the picture was off. I missed the very beginning, so I didn't catch the explanation of just what was going on.

Keith himself sounded and looked as good as ever. It was the presentation or filming thing. Like it wasn't really live, but it was. Strange.

EasyFeeling
04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Is this the performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-nhKsgpHUE

Brooke
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, that's it. It looks better here than it did that night for some reason.

He's so cute! :nod: And there's that tattoo.........:eyebrow:

EasyFeeling
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
And his hair is a bit longer now... Oh Brooke, don't get me started http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif He is just too hot!

sodascouts
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
He looks great but the "video filmed from audience" idea was a lousy one. If I want to see shaky, grainy concert footage from a fan's perspective, I can go to YouTube... well, for most bands, I can. ;)

Brooke
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that's what I think, too, Soda.