PDA

View Full Version : Earth Day 2010

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Its Earth Day 2010 today when we are supposed to think about the Earth and means of preserving it for future generations. I went onto the Earth Day Network site a few minutes ago and on their tv station they are showing 'Walden, the Ballad of Thoreau' at the moment.

Heres the link.......

http://www.earthdaytv.net/

Of course we know one of Don Henley's favourite charities is the Walden Woods project.

We had an environment quiz in school today. Anybody doing anything to celebrate Earth Day today?

Ive always been a dreamer
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder, GA. I am going to an Earth Day Spring concert tonight at my little nephew's elementary school - should be very cute! :wink:

MikeA
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I bought "Weed & Feed" yesterday to make our grass greener....a residual effect is that it kills those little yellow flowers that turn into a snowfield every day!

Does that count? Oh, and I don't plan to run my 2-cycle leaf blower nor my 2-cycle string trimmer today...that'll help the ozone.

Molly
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
...and my goofy neighbor is out in his yard cutting down a tree!!!:eyebrow: I can't believe it-of all people!!! We call him Pappa Weed coz he's a hippie throwback and because...well, guess the other reason!

My son said, hopefully he's using a hybrid chainsaw!

TimothyBFan
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
My son posted this on his Facebook this morning. My son is a tree hugging hippie :hilarious: and wants to save the Earth. Seriously, he is all about the environment and being greener, etc.... He's a student at Indiana University in Bloomington Indiana and they are in 2nd place in this contest by Edy's where they plant an orchard in your community. Pretty cool for this college area where so many are vegetarian and very "Earthy" like my son. Bloomington is only behind by about 200 votes so if you'd like to help him and his friends save the Earth, please go on and place a vote for his community.

http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Home/Index

Brooke
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, I bought "Weed & Feed" yesterday to make our grass greener....a residual effect is that it kills those little yellow flowers that turn into a snowfield every day!

Does that count?

Love it and I'm with ya Mike!