PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR Meet and Greet

Ive always been a dreamer
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Joe's fan club (JWFC) has announced a Meet & Greet that Joe will be hosting before the Eagles' Portland show on May 17th. This is being discussed extensively in the Portland thread ( :wink: :wink: ), but I thought I'd go ahead and put it here as well. Thanks for the heads up about this ticky.

Wildthyme
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
I can guarantee you Rhonda and I have enough excitement and anticipation going for at least two threads! :blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

ticky
04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Belieeeeeeve me!!!! it would take a volcano, earthquake, flood, fire, famine, raining frogs and locusts and a major (and I do me major, like street filled with Zombies.. even then..) outbreak of leprosy to keep me away from this event! of course, by the time I get there, I may LOOK and SOUND like I have been through each and every one of those things (especially the Zombie thing...)

sodascouts
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
OH MY GOSH, how wonderful for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prettymaid
04-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Just to add to this thread...

WHAT TERRIFICALLY AWESOME NEWS!!!

Troubadour
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I still can't believe this is actually going to happen, after months of speculating, wishing, hoping, praying, etc. I am BEYOND THRILLED for you! I can't wait to share your excitement for real on Friday.

TimothyBFan
04-26-2010, 07:47 AM
I remember PM asking me in the car on the way to Chicago to see a beautiful, long haired bass player, what I would say if I were to get a chance to talk to him. I ask the same of you Rhonda & Cami. What are you going to say and what might you be bringing to have him sign for you?

Brooke
04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS!

:applause: :partytime:

Yes, you really must think this through and come up with some good questions. Like someone said above: boxers or briefs? or commando? Dare ya! :lol:

GlennLover
04-26-2010, 11:17 AM
That's GREAT

I dare you too!

04-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah Joe - the world wants to know!!!

sodascouts
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh my gosh guys, look at this dismaying update posted by 3Encores on Facebook!

"3Encores (http://www.facebook.com/pages/3Encores/119818633657): 11 days until the Joe Walsh M&G! Be sure to attend - this may be the only M&G this tour due to low turnout."

Maybe we could start come kind of letter-writing or e-mailing campaign to show that there's still interest? Tell me what you guys think.

ticky
05-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Ahem... 5 days... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *breath breath* (mild panic is setting in...) :fear:

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Ahem... 5 days... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *breath breath* (mild panic is setting in...) :fear:

OMG! I had no idea it was this close! Oh, how I wish I could be there!

05-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Hopefully, Joe is getting prepared!!! :lol:

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Have you guys thought of anything you want to say/ask or are you just flying by the seat of your pants?

ticky
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
4.... days..... :thud: I hope Joe knows CPR... *G*

ticky
05-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Have you guys thought of anything you want to say/ask or are you just flying by the seat of your pants?

think I got it covered but it might evolve before then. I was going to mention briefly about San Jose and the hotel, then ask if he's had a chance to see the page I made. Beyond that, I'll wing it.. now this is all assuming I can get my mouth to actually form words *G*

Wildthyme
05-13-2010, 11:47 AM
OMG! I had no idea it was this close! Oh, how I wish I could be there!

We wish you could be too Cathy!

And while I have an idea or two I don't really feel like I have anything to say yet... I am still racking my little pea brain for the right words. :fear:

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Who knows Cami? Maybe it's better that way. It's nice that you and Rhonda will be together and be able to share in a joint conversation. That way you can feed off of each other!

Example:

Joe: Hi there! Nice to meetcha!

Rhonda: Uh...uh...Joe?...

Cami: Hi, I'm Cami and this is Rhonda. We saw the show in San Jose and it was great!

Rhonda: Gr...gr...great...

Joe: Well, I'm glad you liked it. Where are you girls from?

Rhonda: Uh...uh...

Cami: We're right here from Oregon and we've been waiting a long time to see you. Actually, we saw you in the hotel lobby in San Jose as you were leaving.

Rhonda: You were... right there...

Joe: That was you? Well you should have said hello!

Rhonda: Hel...lo...

Joe: Well I sure hope you enjoy the show. Thanks for coming!

Cami: You're welcome...

Rhonda: Joe?... ... ...

ticky
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
you forgot the leg humping... but that's sooooo close Im sure! (Cami, bring my gentle lead)

:rofl:

jdubfan
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I had a plan too about what I wanted to say, then he grabbed my hand and held it....Sparks flew, memory faded.....I couldn't have told you my own name. He's so sweet and kind of shy about it. My friend had the deer in the headlights thing going on, then said OH Sh!T, which made him laugh. He does this lean in to make direct eye contact- you feel like it's just him and you in the whole universe. You are about to embark on a glorious Joe Adventure!! :thumbsup: Enjoy!!

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh, that makes me want to go even more!

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
I know! I'm totally jealous!

ETA: But probably not as jealous as you, PM! ;)

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I know! I'm totally jealous!

ETA: But probably not as jealous as you, PM! ;)

True, but you came so close in Chicago!

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
True, but you came so close in Chicago!

Ugh, I'm trying not to think about that!

TimothyBFan
05-13-2010, 08:34 PM
you forgot the leg humping... but that's sooooo close Im sure! (Cami, bring my gentle lead)

OMG----You guys are freakin' cracking me up!! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/22.gif

Wildthyme
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM

And if you are a very good girl and don't paw at or drool on Joe I will get you an Old Dirty Bastard at Voodoo after the show....

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 07:55 AM
And if you are a very good girl and don't paw at or drool on Joe I will get you an Old Dirty Bastard at Voodoo after the show....

Dang Rhonda, I didn't know you liked Old Dirty Bastards...

tequila girl
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Dang Rhonda, I didn't know you liked Old Dirty Bastards...
I'm guessing that's a cocktail? I don't think we have those in the UK

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Hopefully it's either a cocktail or a coffee. I don't even want to think about Ticky pawing and drooling all over Joe and then picking up an Old Dirty Bastard!

MikeA
05-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey, wha-da-ya-guys have against Dirty Old Bastards?

tequila girl
05-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Just googled and found this recipe

Ol' Dirty Bastard Recipe

Ingredients 2 oz Southern Comfort (http://www.drinkswap.com/southern-comfort.htm) 1 oz Vodka (http://www.drinkswap.com/vodka.htm) 2 oz Spiced Rum (http://www.drinkswap.com/spiced-rum.htm) 1/2 oz Coca Cola (http://www.drinkswap.com/coca-cola.htm)

Sounds nice

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey, wha-da-ya-guys have against Dirty Old Bastards?

Well...they're dirty...and old...

(But we'll make an exception in your case Mike!) :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow what a discussion. Let me add to it. Just had this same discussion with my daughter this morning about ODB!! Yup, that's right, because she's ready to take off for Portland for one of them herself!! It's a DONUT from Voodoo Donuts!!:hilarious: It's some crazy donut with chocolate and I think she told me oreo cookie or something equally sinful! I asked Rhonda about Voodoo Donuts last night because Katie was talking about it. She claims the ODB and the Maple Bacon are the best. I bet they are!!! YUM!

Wildthyme
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Yup, its a doughnut lol. Voodoo is a doughnut mecca in Portland and has been on several food shows on Travel Channel and Food Network. They have a whole menu of unusual and yummy doughnuts and their main store is not very far from the Rose Garden so Rhonda and I are going to stop on the way home so I can finally have my own Voodoo experience.

Here is their menu: http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.php

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Voodoo Donuts are enough reason by themselves to live in Portland:partytime:.
Here's a thought...based on living in PDX for 5 years...go by before the m&g and pick up some for Joe??? Don't know if you can get them in, but that would certainly give you a great conversation topic and who knows where offering the man the best donuts on earth could lead...

ticky
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
CG *G* I thought about that, but they're real sticklers about what you can bring in and. unfortunately, Im pretty sure ODB's and Voodoo's are NOT on the list (Voodoo's are voodoo doll shaped donuts filled with raspberry filling, topped with chocolate and a little pretzel stick through the heart) I even offered to bake cookies for everyone but they never took me up on it. We get the final instruction sometime in the next few days, but Im relatively sure "no cookies or donuts" will be on it *G*

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 11:01 AM
CG *G* I thought about that, but they're real sticklers about what you can bring in and. unfortunately, Im pretty sure ODB's and Voodoo's are NOT on the list (Voodoo's are voodoo doll shaped donuts filled with raspberry filling, topped with chocolate and a little pretzel stick through the heart) I even offered to bake cookies for everyone but they never took me up on it. We get the final instruction sometime in the next few days, but Im relatively sure "no cookies or donuts" will be on it *G*

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that even IF you could sneak them in, the shape and style might be a problem..haha. Too bad though, I'm thinking that one bite and he would have been your slave for life....

MikeA
05-14-2010, 11:08 AM
one bite and he would have been your slave for life....

OK CG...now you've gone and done it. Ticky, I'll still love you when you are in lock-up! :evil:

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 11:18 AM
OK CG...now you've gone and done it. Ticky, I'll still love you when you are in lock-up! :evil:

Aww, c'mon, Mike. the combo of Voodoo donuts AND Joe are worth the risk. I'll be back in Portland in mid-summer and I'll bail them out if no one else has come to their rescue by then...

ticky
05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Actually, Im thinking if I get a bra that's BIG enough I could just slip a couple of ODB's in and... wow... Im sinking to new lows when Im thinking of putting a couple of Old Dirty Bastards in my bra...

SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME, JOE?
:crazy:

btw.... 3 days... :fainting:

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 12:26 PM
[quote=ticky;108735]Actually, Im thinking if I get a bra that's BIG enough I could just slip a couple of ODB's in and... wow... Im sinking to new lows when Im thinking of putting a couple of Old Dirty Bastards in my bra...

SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME, JOE?
:crazy:

LMAO!!! And just to throw fuel on your fire...you realize he was quite likely only 3 hours up the road from you last night...with some unexpected free time on his hands!

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
LMAO!!! And just to throw fuel on your fire...you realize he was quite likely only 3 hours up the road from you last night...with some unexpected free time on his hands!

Oh crap CG, what are you trying to do to the poor woman!!??!!

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
OH NO!!!!
3Encores (http://www.facebook.com/pages/3Encores/119818633657) I wanted to let anyone attending the M&G that due to certain circumstances the Portland M&G has been canceled. There will be an official statement posted later, so stay tuned

I'm so, so sorry. My heart is broken for you guys.

Carolina Girl
05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
3Encores (http://www.facebook.com/pages/3Encores/119818633657) I wanted to let anyone attending the M&G that due to certain circumstances the Portland M&G has been canceled. There will be an official statement posted later, so stay tuned

I'm also heartbroken for you. We were all sharing your excitement. And PM, you're right, I might have made her feel worse by mentioning how close Seattle is to Portland.

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh Rhonda and Cami---I'm almost sick to my stomach about this!!! I am so very very sorry!!!:-(

MikeA
05-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I feel terrible for those planning to attend this M&G. Does anyone know if the concert itself has been cancelled?

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
No word on that yet. Apparently an official announcement is forthcoming. It's possible the show hasn't been canceled and they're still playing.... hopefully we will know more soon.

MikeA
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I am wondering if they are planning on playing without Timothy on the 17th and Joe needs all that extra time to bone up on bass?

Okay, I'm sorry...that didn't need to be said! :-(

Troubadour
05-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I feel AWFUL about this, too. :-( :-( :-( I am so sorry, Rhonda and Cami. I know you guys must be so upset.

ticky
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I was out shopping with my brother and niece for a new guitar when I got the message. I nearly passed out in the middle of 5Star. It was nice having all the young indy-type guitar boys fanning over me trying to make me feel better, but it's such a sucky blow!!!! I may have to get very very drunk tonight... or maybe OD on sonic onion rings.. less hangover more over hang (on my jeans I mean) :cry:

Freypower
05-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm really, really sorry about this.

Things just aren't too good at the moment, it seems.http://bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif

Wildthyme
05-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I was halfway to Portland when Rhonda texted me that it was cancelled. I am SO disappointed. :cry:

jdubfan
05-14-2010, 07:47 PM
:sad: My heart is broken for you all....maybe once the OR show is rescheduled, the M&G will be too.

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 09:09 PM
This sucks! The first thing we need to do of course is hope that Timothy gets well soon and that they all stay in good health. Next we need to let Joe know that this meet&greet needs to be rescheduled. I am thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way (and theirs)!

05-14-2010, 09:19 PM
That's funny PM - I almost wrote the same thing over in the Portland thread about the M&G. Yep - let's all put our heads together and see if the power of positive thinking works here. Believe me, I know first hand how disappointing it can be to miss one of Joe's M&Gs so I'm sure crossing everything I can for you girls. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I wonder how many people were signed up for the m&g?

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I am wondering if they are planning on playing without Timothy on the 17th and Joe needs all that extra time to bone up on bass?

Okay, I'm sorry...that didn't need to be said! :-(

Ok Mike---Strike 2 on the Timothy front for you today!!! :-x

Positive thoughts here....There will be a M & G, there will be a M & G, there will be a M & G.....

Koala
05-15-2010, 02:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear that the M&G is canceled!

tequila girl
05-15-2010, 04:42 AM
That's terrible - i'm so gutted for those of you that were going to the M&G:sad:

MikeA
05-15-2010, 09:30 AM
This is all strange. I haven't seen anything expressing doubts that TBS is going to make the date in Portland. There must be some other reason that Joe is cancelling the M&G.

Does anyone have any recent info on how Schmit is doing?

tbsfan
05-15-2010, 09:40 AM
This is all strange. I haven't seen anything expressing doubts that TBS is going to make the date in Portland. There must be some other reason that Joe is cancelling the M&G.

Does anyone have any recent info on how Schmit is doing?

Monday's show has been postponed (http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2010/05/mondays_eagles_concert_postpon.html).

MikeA
05-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank You TbsFAN. I had not seen that.

I am so sorry for all of you who had plans to make this show. I share in your disappointment.

Hang onto the tickets though. I so hope that with the rescheduling, Joe will also hold his M&G with your guys!

ticky
05-19-2010, 06:57 PM
JWFC:The Eagles Portland show is rescheduled for 5/29. The Joe Walsh M&G will be held at this rescheduled show.

ITS A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troubadour
05-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh, that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so happy for you! You deserve this. :hug:

Prettymaid
05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Now Rhonda, that's the day after Sarah's birthday are you sure you can make it? :hilarious:

JK, I'm thrilled for you! I just knew Joe wouldn't bail on his fans! Look at that picture of him in the new group photo and just think, you're going to be on the receiving end of that smile!

:jealous: (I don't really like the word 'jealous'. What I have is more like envy!) :thumbsup:

Freypower
05-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm really pleased for you, Rhonda & Cami.

ticky
05-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Now Rhonda, that's the day after Sarah's birthday are you sure you can make it? :hilarious:

JK, I'm thrilled for you! I just knew Joe wouldn't bail on his fans! Look at that picture of him in the new group photo and just think, you're going to be on the receiving end of that smile!

:jealous: (I don't really like the word 'jealous'. What I have is more like envy!) :thumbsup:

Welll... the whole memorial day thing is going to be tricky with the family. Im sure they'll understand. We usually go up to the cabin that weekend but NOTHING will keep me from this!!!!
As far as that picture goes... If he smiles at me like that, Cami's going to have to carry me outta there... *G*

I wish you all could go with us...

Prettymaid
05-19-2010, 07:12 PM
You know he's going to smile at you like that - just like in your avatar! Sigh-h-h-h-h-h--h...

ticky
05-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Cami? Bring a mop and a bucket... Im never going to get through this in solid form

Prettymaid
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Just think, you're going to touch Joe Walsh!!!!!!!!!!! :woah: :spin:

Super Frey
05-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Oh that's really cool:thumbsup:

Ps. I like PrettyMaid's picture of Joe, waiting in the weeds. :)

jdubfan
05-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Yee Hoo!! How long will it take to wipe that silly grin off your faces!?! Mine's lasted for >18 months now....:thumbsup::thumbsup: I haven't washed my forehead yet!

luvthelighthouse
05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm so happy to read this! I hoped he would keep the M&G... and he did! Yeah! Cami and Rhonda, take so many mental notes so you don't leave us w/out any details! I'm so happy for you gals!

sodascouts
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koala
05-20-2010, 01:27 AM
JWFC:The Eagles Portland show is rescheduled for 5/29. The Joe Walsh M&G will be held at this rescheduled show.

ITS A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ticky & WT, that is fantastic, I'm really happy for you!

MikeA
05-20-2010, 01:46 AM
So Rhonda, are you going to go?

<ducking and running>

ticky
05-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Umm... hmm... lets see... I dunno.. I was thinking.. but.. Well.. Im not sure.. maybe.. maybe not... Hmm... now WHY would I want to go?? Umm... on one hand, it IS during memorial day, I mean there are parades and vetrans and graveyards... on the other hand there's .. uhhh... JOE-FREAKIN-WALSH!!!!! HELL YEAH IM GOING!!! WOOO HOO!!!! YESSSSS!!!!! IM THERE BAYBEE!!! IM SOOOO THERE!!!!

..... sooo... I guess that'd be a yes..

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I'll be there in spirit...

Brooke
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
:yay: :partytime: :blueblob:

TimothyBFan
05-20-2010, 09:52 AM
I knew he'd still do this M & G!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you both.

BUT....here we go again with the countdown... the worries about what to say... wondering if Rhonda will be a blubbering idiot when she finally comes face to face with him and embarrass Cami... :hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I know... :idea: We'll hook up one of those hidden ear thingies to Ticky and I'll tell her what to say.

Like this:

Me (whispering): Say, "Joe, I've loved you for years."

Rhonda: Uh...Joe, I love your big ears.

Me: No! For years! For Years!

Rhonda: Four years.....

Me: Say, "Joe, if I didn't tell you how much your music means to me, I would be a little remiss."

Rhonda: Joe, you have a little :censored:.
-------------------------------------

Okay, maybe not such a good idea...

TimothyBFan
05-20-2010, 10:18 AM
:rofl: That is hysterical!!!

ticky
05-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I know... :idea: We'll hook up one of those hidden ear thingies to Ticky and I'll tell her what to say.

Like this:

Me (whispering): Say, "Joe, I've loved you for years."

Rhonda: Uh...Joe, I love your big ears.

Me: No! For years! For Years!

Rhonda: Four years.....

Me: Say, "Joe, if I didn't tell you how much your music means to me, I would be a little remiss."

Rhonda: Joe, you have a little :censored:.
-------------------------------------

Okay, maybe not such a good idea...

:rofl: well.. I *do* love his big ears and he does NOT have a little :censored: at least I dont think.. I'll ask...

TimothyBFan
05-20-2010, 10:57 AM
:rofl: well.. I *do* love his big ears and he does NOT have a little :censored: at least I dont think.. I'll ask...

Joe: "Some one call security!!"

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 11:18 AM

Of COURSE he doesn't have a little :censored: ! That was just you misinterpretting me!!!

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
LOL!!

ticky
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Of COURSE he doesn't have a little :censored: ! That was just you misinterpretting me!!!

PROOF!! I WANT PROOF!!! (show me!! *G*) hehehe

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I believe we had a rather, ahem, lengthy discussion about this a while back, illustrated by a veeeeery nice picture from Dublin...

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I still have it from when I used it as my avatar. Don't make me use it again!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Joe%20Walsh/joejeans-1.jpg

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Ooh, the grin or the groin? Decisions, decisions...

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
How 'bout me grinning at his groin?

TimothyBFan
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Where's my smiley? Oh yeah.....http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/1.gif

tbs fanatic
05-20-2010, 12:10 PM
:rofl::rofl:

ticky
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
*SIGH* thank you *G*

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Where's my smiley? Oh yeah.....http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/1.gif

It really seems to suit all the guy's threads right now...

ticky
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
How 'bout me grinning at his groin?

Ya know.. it's NOT looking good for at the M&G.. All that other stuff, my natural ability to drool and blather and now I wont be able to stop looking at his crotch... nice... :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
It really seems to suit all the guy's threads right now...

I'm on a quest to see how many times I can use that one today. Thanks to Lou, it's working nicely. Almost afraid to pull up a photo thread for fear I might get the urge to lick my monitor and that's just so embarrassing if someone sees you do it!

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm on a quest to see how many times I can use that one today. Thanks to Lou, it's working nicely.

Lou, I rest my case.

05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Now, ticky, please pull yourself together. You wouldn't want to be the cause of the very last M&G that Joe ever does, now do you? :lol:

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Ya know.. it's NOT looking good for at the M&G.. All that other stuff, my natural ability to drool and blather and now I wont be able to stop looking at his crotch... nice... :hilarious:

You can look, just don't touch, 'kay?

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Now THAT'S temptation! How strong is your resolve, Rhonda?

http://bestsmileys.com/tempted/3.gif

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Now, ticky, please pull yourself together. You wouldn't want to be the cause of the very last M&G that Joe ever does, now do you? :lol:

You never know. It could be the start of a whole new KIND of M&G... ;) :lol:

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
LOL! What a cute smiley!

http://bestsmileys.com/tempted/3.gif

ticky
05-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I promise I'll TRY to behave myself..

Molly
05-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, Cami and Rhonda! Your excitement is infectious!

Since we're expressing ourselves with smileys:

You can always go the hug route:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif

Or if you're really brave: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/11_2_1021.gif

Otherwise, just go with something you know he'll understand: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/11_14_61.gif

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Too cute Molly! (But don't tempt her. She's already threatened to eat him! Or was that the Voodoo version of him?...)

Wildthyme
05-20-2010, 05:51 PM
You never know. It could be the start of a whole new KIND of M&G... ;) :lol:

A meet & grope???

Prettymaid
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
A meet & grope???

:computer: *Frantically looking for the cheapest airfare to Portland*

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
LMAO! WELL worth the $50 to join the fan club.

Remember though, ladies - Joe will still have to perform (on stage) for you that evening, so be gentle. ;)

ticky
05-20-2010, 08:29 PM
OH he'll perform all right *G*.. On stage?? kinky, but whatever *G*

Peekaboo
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm sitting in the break room at work right and i'm literally LMAO reading this from my phone! Everybody is looking at me like i'm crazy.

Troubadour
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM

Hope you like an audience!

I'm sitting in the break room at work right and i'm literally LMAO reading this from my phone! Everybody is looking at me like i'm crazy.

What's new? ;)

Prettymaid
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM

I'll take the sloppy seconds... :drool: :ack:

Prettymaid
05-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to revive this thread to say...

OMG! I am so freakin' excited for you two I can hardly stand it! I mean, you're going to meet Joe Walsh! You're going to meet him and talk to him and touch him and it's just so cool! I hope you have a great time and find just the right words at the right time! Have fun and remember every single word, every single thing...okay?

ticky
05-28-2010, 11:18 PM
OKAY! we got our instructions!!
We're to meet at the Rose Garden Arena tomorrow before 6:40 to pick up our tickets and then meet at East Entry, section 318. After that we will be blind folded stripped naked, rubbed down with bacon grease and talcum powder. Joe will then flog each of us individually with raw bacon and rubber chickens (OH that Joe! what a guy!) ... Okay, not REALLY.. just kidding... but I thought it sounded like the kind of party he might like. We wont be allowed to bring in cameras (booo!!) but there will be a group picture we WILL be able to down load later. We can bring ONE thing to be signed (and no it cant be body parts, darn it) Since it's raining here, I was thinking about wearing a rubber suit, but I think maybe they might take that the wrong way, so I'll just wear normal clothes, the regular way(pant on the bottom, shirt on the top, etc..) Doesn't leave a lot of room for creativity but sometimes my expression of my individuality makes other people nervous. (shoe will be optional.. hip waders frowned upon) I purchased two new tops today, I probably wont wear them both at the same time... probably. As far as WHAT I'll say, I will have NO idea till Im standing there in front of him, hopefully not drooling, but one can never be too sure of these things. We will see :)

GlennLover
05-28-2010, 11:25 PM
LOL, Ticky :hilarious:! I'm so excited for you!!!! :partytime:

Wildthyme
05-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I am so excited.... and SO nervous... I know I shouldn't be because from everything I hear Joe is really easy going and kind at these M&G's but I just can't help it... All I am praying for is that my brain engages and I can move my mouth to form a coherent stream of words when he is there in front of me.... :fear:

Prettymaid
05-29-2010, 08:05 AM
You'll be fine. Just remember, Joe deals with almost-catatonic women all the time. He knows how to handle that. But you're not going to be like that. You're going to be the exception. You're going to speak to him like he's an ordinary average guy - no babbling allowed! :hilarious:

Ladies, you have your mission. You can do this!

Troubadour
05-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I am so frickin' excited for you guys! It will be WONDERFUL!

05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
OMG - I'm so excited for both of you. Have a blast this evening Cami and Rhonda and PLEASE do not hurt Joe!!! :lol:

Peekaboo
05-29-2010, 03:52 PM
This day has finally come!! It's been long overdue. Rhonda and Cami, I'm sure you two are gonna have an amazing time!! We'll all be with you two in spirit. Please report back ASAP!! We want to hear ALL about it!!

:partytime::partytime::partytime::headbang::headba ng::headbang::thud::thud::thud::blueblob::blueblob ::blueblob::yay::yay::yay::rockon::rockon::rockon:

tequila girl
05-29-2010, 04:14 PM
I hope you both have a Fabulous evening too! :partytime::partytime:

can't wait to hear all about it :jealous:

TimothyBFan
05-29-2010, 04:33 PM
OKAY! we got our instructions!!
We're to meet at the Rose Garden Arena tomorrow before 6:40 to pick up our tickets and then meet at East Entry, section 318. After that we will be blind folded stripped naked, rubbed down with bacon grease and talcum powder. Joe will then flog each of us individually with raw bacon and rubber chickens (OH that Joe! what a guy!) ... Okay, not REALLY.. just kidding... but I thought it sounded like the kind of party he might like. We wont be allowed to bring in cameras (booo!!) but there will be a group picture we WILL be able to down load later. We can bring ONE thing to be signed (and no it cant be body parts, darn it) Since it's raining here, I was thinking about wearing a rubber suit, but I think maybe they might take that the wrong way, so I'll just wear normal clothes, the regular way(pant on the bottom, shirt on the top, etc..) Doesn't leave a lot of room for creativity but sometimes my expression of my individuality makes other people nervous. (shoe will be optional.. hip waders frowned upon) I purchased two new tops today, I probably wont wear them both at the same time... probably. As far as WHAT I'll say, I will have NO idea till Im standing there in front of him, hopefully not drooling, but one can never be too sure of these things. We will see :)

For the love of God... She's already losing it!!!! :brickwall: :hilarious:

Had to stop in here really quick (shhh! Don't tell everyone that is waiting for me outside) and see the excitement for myself!!

ENJOY THIS YOU 2 AND REMEMBER EVERY, I MEAN EVERY, LITTLE DETAIL!!!

sodascouts
05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
So excited for you girls!!!

ticky
05-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Cami and I are getting ready to leave. We have about an hour, but we may leave a little early and just mess around down town for a while. Im wearing black pants, a white camisole with a pale green shrug, my hair up and a green tear drop pendent on a silver chain with pink pearl earrings. Cami has new jeans that fit great! a brown t-shirt with a silver and black design (it looks fantastic on her!) with a black sweater shrug. Her hair is pinned back and loose around her face (It looks really pretty on her). Im wearing my black bling flipflops and she's got her awesome boots on. We are hot babes! *G* Joe wont stand a chance! I'll let you know more later.. or she will since I cant post to the border from my phone, but we'll keep you all well informed!!

Troubadour
05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Woo hoo! I'll bet you both look great. Have a fabulous time, and treasure every moment. You deserve it. (Btw - don't forget there's an actual CONCERT after this! Send Don a big sloppy kiss from me.)

Britt
05-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm so happy for both of you. Can't wait to hear all the details!!!

Wildthyme
05-29-2010, 11:07 PM
The meet and greet is over and Rhonda and I are headed to our seats. Rhonda is on cloud 9. :))

We got to the Rose Garden really early and picked up our tickets. With an hour to kill we went to the KGON bar and Rhonda had a margarita. Finally the doors opened and we proceeded to run around the arena desperately trying to find the right entrance. Once we managed to locate our group we got our passes and were led to a curtained area back stage and told to make ourselves at home. After a couple of minutes of small talk among ourselves the curtain parted and in walked Joe! He looked fantastic (and he smelled wonderful). He shook each of our hands and asked our names. Then he went back around and signed whatever we had brought. Rhonda asked him if he had seen her website and gave him the URL when it turned out he hadn't. She was even able to engage him in a brief conversation in the few moments we had with him. She did great!

(to be continued next post)

Wildthyme
05-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Next was a group photo and then much to our surprise Joe let people take photos. Rhonda got one of her with him. Needless to say she is floating on air. My experience wasnt quite the same but I did manage to smile and say my name and thank him for signing my album. And before he left I thanked him for the meet and greet and wished him a great show. It was so fast but it was so cool. And now we are in our seats, sitting behind Tim's aunt and cousin (and hearing some Timmy details you won't find on Wikipedia *G*).

Anyway its almost showtime...more details later :).

Koala
05-30-2010, 02:42 AM
http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/schilderIV_smilies/woho.gif! What an experience! Can't wait to hear more!

Peekaboo
05-30-2010, 03:01 AM
She was even able to engage him in a brief conversation in the few moments we had with him. She did great!

See, Rhonda, we knew all along that you could do it!! :thumbsup:

Next was a group photo and then much to our surprise Joe let people take photos. Rhonda got one of her with him.

:yay: That's really cool of Joe to let y'all take pics. Joe is just so freaking cool!! :cool:

I'm really happy that you both had a great time!! I had a goofy smile :mrgreen: on my face all night long at work because of my excitement for you two. I can't wait to hear about everything else.

ticky
05-30-2010, 05:17 AM
AHHHH!!!! Im hopelessly lost to this man!!!!! HE SMELLS SO GOOD!!! (his hair is soft and I got to bury my face in it and whisper in his ear!!!) He's a sweetheart and GORGEOUS and as wonderful as you can imagine and I am ruined for ALL other men for the rest of my life!!! (sorry honey)
Smokey was also a doll, flirty and sweet and a lot of fun, but still, Joe's #1 man, looking out for him at all times.
I'll have to give you a play by play tomorrow, Im pretty tired tonight. They F*ed up the instructions and sent us on a wild goose chase all over the arena (hence me looking like I just ran the Portland marathon, so much for my hair) and because of that we only had a few minutes with Joe. We got some swag, a hat and keychain, and I GOT A HUG!!!!!!! and a pic *G*
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/meandjoe.jpg
More tomorrow, a full play by play *G* tonight, Im dreaming *G*

tequila girl
05-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Oh My Gosh!! I actually have tears in my eyes reading this - i'm so happy for you both! What a FABULOUS Evening:partytime: :jealous:

.....and Rhonda that photo is just gorgeous - something to treasure forever!:smitten::inlove:

Troubadour
05-30-2010, 08:18 AM
OH MY GOD!!! That's... YOU... and... and... Joe... :thud:

AMAZING! I am so happy for you, I can't even put it into words. We knew you'd be able to handle him! He looks wonderful. And so do you!

Prettymaid
05-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Oh My Gosh!! I actually have tears in my eyes reading this - i'm so happy for you both! What a FABULOUS Evening:partytime: :jealous:

.....and Rhonda that photo is just gorgeous - something to treasure forever!:smitten::inlove:

I have tears in my eyes too! I''m just so happy for you! It just shows how much we care for each other here. Can't wait to hear more!

tequila girl
05-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I have tears in my eyes too!

D'you think it's an age thing? :weep: :blush: ;) :lol::weep:

Koala
05-30-2010, 12:17 PM
OMG! Ticky, the photo from you and Joe are AMAZING! I'm soooooooooooo glad you had a wonderful and unforgettable evening!

sodascouts
05-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Hug from Joe?? AWESOMENESS!!!

Ooooh, so excited for you! That photo is incredible!!!

Like everyone else, I'm dying to hear more!

05-30-2010, 01:53 PM
A thousand THANK YOUs again, ladies. Rhonda, I am soooo thrilled for you that you were able to get that picture with Joe. Now and for the rest of your days, you have visual evidence that you touched the man. :lol: Believe me, I know how special that is for you - you are just beaming and I don't blame you one bit!

You ladies had an amazing night that you will never forget!!! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/meandjoe.jpg
More tomorrow, a full play by play *G* tonight, Im dreaming *G*

Bringing this forward to a new page because it so much deserves it!!!

I'm sitting here crying once again from all the awesomeness that happened in Portland last night! Larry just walked up beside me and looked over my shoulder to see what was up. He said, and I quote, "awwww, that must be your friend from Portland. HOW COOL!!"

Rhonda-I can't begin to tell you how happy & overjoyed I am for you right now!! :thumbsup: This is just so amazing and I can't wait to hear all the rest!

carol7lynn
05-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats! Pix is awesome. You rock! :thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Prettymaid
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
D'you think it's an age thing? :weep: :blush: ;) :lol::weep:

I don't think so since I'm only twenty-nine. :lie: :blush:

Larry just walked up beside me and looked over my shoulder to see what was up. He said, and I quote, "awwww, that must be your friend from Portland. HOW COOL!!"

Yeah, I showed Hubby the picture and he said, That is so cool. She must be on cloud nine."

Freypower
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
The tears in eyes thing happened here too.

Congratulations Rhonda. That is the most awesome photo. You deserve it so much. I am so happy for you I just don't know what to say.

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif

ticky
05-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Here's my M&G review *G* the Concert Review is soon to follow :)

Chapter 1
Meeting and Greeting and Margariting

One man’s junk is another man’s treasure, Every cloud has a silver lining, and all those other idioms that mean good stuff can come from bad. SO, we left here about 2 hours early, no sense in wasting time. We got there and parked and found the ticket window for will-call. BIG UP! 6th ROW!!!! Big down, first tier on Tim’s side! BUMMER!! (we ARE JWFC’ers after all) We emailed Tina at Azoffmusic and asked about it. She said the band had a lot of guests that night, it was a shame for us (so we thought!) We decided not to let it get us down. We headed to the KGON bar (Classic rock radio station in Portland) for a drink. A margarita helped, the fact that KGON was playing nothing but Eagles and Joe stuff helped too! HOWEVER, bad planning on my part, I decided to wait to take my arthritis pills since I was having a drink and being conscious for the event seemed important. We decided to check the box office for better seats on the off chance we could pull a Nancy (BTW Nancy, Tina at Azoff Music knows what that means! You’re famous!) The best the box office had was 22nd row back, BUMMER! It was time to go in. The doors opened slowly, we went in, they checked my purse, ignored my camera but scowled at my kit kat bar. Jealous! We went to find the rendezvous point right away, asking at costumer service for the East Entry, section 318. There IS no east entry and section 318 is on the 3rd floor in the back.. oy.. okay.. run around the concourse, find the LONG escalator, take it to the third floor, run to the back, ask the guy standing there. Hmm.. no. it’s not here.. let me check with my supervisor, OH That’s on the first floor at 215!! GAH!! We have 4 minutes!!! RUN (well fast walk.. ) my knees are about to give out.. I hobble quickly but I have to stop. I send Cami ahead, Ill be there asap!!! I rest for a few minutes and then hobble quickly! I make it!! YAY!! No one else is there yet!!... we wait.. grrrr… FINALLY they figure good enough! HEY! Shirl is there with her husband! Shirl is a very nice lady who’s been friends with Joe for years. We chat for a bit and she lends me her fan (Thanks sooo much Shirl!) Finally, we’re off. AGAIN, racing down the concourse, my knees screaming in pain (IF I could take my pills, or HAD taken them, it wouldn’t have been bad,.. damn the sirens call of lime and tequila!) Might I add by this time, my face is red, my hair is a MESS, I'm sweating and coughing, PRETTY!!! (take me now, Joe) We head through a secret door!! (not really secret, but behind a beer stand so who’d notice, right? We enter a secret elevator!! (again, hidden by beer) go UP to the performers area where they have a TINY space curtained off for all of us (some of us hot and sweaty and needing pain killers!) I got em, I was happy. Joe came in, the sun came out, the clouds parted, small birds began to sing. He smiled at me, I drooled internally. Externally I said “Hi Joe, How ya doin?” He said “Hey!” I shook his LARGE WARM STRONG DRY HANDS… *sigh* and said “Hi, I'm Rhonda.” He said “Hi Rhonda” (I think Angels began to sing here, either that or my vicodin kicked in) He shook Cami’s hand and then he bent over and kissed Shirl on the cheek *gasp* and she remained standing!! *SHOCK* He walked behind me placing his hands *sigh* on first my shoulder then my lower back as he went. I think I may have swallowed something important just then I know I made some sound because Cami and Shirl and the other lady with us, Therese laughed at me. I looked at Shirl and said “OH yeah, don’t you start! You get this all the time.” She laughed and nodded her head. Smokey came in just then carrying a box. Since my vicodin had kicked in and the margarita had not completely worn off, I said “Hey Smokey! How are you.” He said “Hey Sweetheart, have a hat.”
I said, “Cool! A hat! But now I’ll have hat hair.” Like that mattered after the Rose Garden Marathon. He said “That’s okay, I’ll still love ya.” I grinned and said to Cami, “Smokey loves me.” That made him chuckle. Soon Joe was back at our table signing things. Everyone was very quiet so I asked. “Hey Joe, about a year and a half ago I made a web site in your honor. Did you ever see it?” He looked at me and said “No. What’s the address?” So, with Cami’s help as I didn’t have on my glasses and I don’t know if I could have seen straight right then anyway, we wrote down the address and gave it to him. He handed it to Smokey. He signed my pick guard with one of the silver pens I brought (btw, I brought 4 silver sharpies and lent them all out to people, they’ve ALL been used by Joe!!!! YAY!!! Cami has one and I have three more!) We all gathered then for a group picture. Cami and I were in front of Joe as we’re short. After the picture was taken, we mingled a little. Someone got out his own camera and asked Joe if He’d mind taking a picture with him. Joe said not at all! So I asked after, hence my AWESOME (if not slightly sweaty and red faced) Picture with Joe!! (Might I just add here, He put his arm around me and I leaned into him. He was warm and smelled AMAZING!! He pulled me closer to him and the guy took two pictures as the first was blurry. *SIGH*) After I put my camera away I asked Joe for a hug. He hugged me and I turned my face towards his ear to whisper something and I was BURIED in his HAIR!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just say YES! It’s EVERYTHING you think!!! Soft and smells great and silky… YUM… I whispered “Thank you so much for doing all this, Thank you so very very much” and I gotta say, right then I was close to tears. He said “awe,” and chuckled patting my back. Then he smiled at me and looked up at Smokey. It was time to leave. Joe walked by me, I said “bye Joe, have a great show!” As Smokey walked by I said “bye Smokey, look after Joe for me.” and grinned. He Smiled and said “ I want to see proof of you wearing that hat!” I said “ You can tell my the dents in my hair!” He smiled and said “Later sweetheart.” And it was done. OH! And Smokey gave out key chains too! Mine didn’t have Joe’s hotel key on it tho, I was hoping.

Freypower
05-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Good grief, Rhonda, how exciting was that! You will never recover! He sounds like such a great guy.

luvthelighthouse
05-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Awe Ticky, that was great. I've been having a really hard day... and reading you expierence has me grinning ear to ear. I'm so happy you and Cami were able to meet Joe ... and it was all that and a bag of chips!:hilarious:

Sounds amazing and I know you'll never forget it! How cool of you to whisper in his ear... very sexy! Love the pic too... you look so happy!

MikeA
05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Congrat-u-freakin'-lations Rhonda and Cami! I doubt that pick guard will ever go onto a guitar...at least NOT one you'll be playing! It sounded like a really great opportunity though I'm sorry it turned out so short.

How many of you were there to greet him?

sodascouts
05-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh my gosh, AMAZING! Thank you for sharing that, and letting those of us who couldn't be there live vicariously through you guys. It sounds like it was wonderful!!!!! (And I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or concerned that Tina from AzoffMusic knows my name!) I'm just so very glad it all came together and you had your "moment" with Joe - something to treasure for a lifetime!

jdubfan
05-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Sorry about yur trauma and drama, but it seems those moments with Joe were worth it :nahnah: You got to touch his hair!!Congratulations!! I still remember his aftershave.....mmmm.
I'm grinning from ear2ear for ya.:thumbsup:

Koala
05-31-2010, 01:53 AM
ticky, I am so thrilled for you! http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Girls/smilie_girl_012.gif

Troubadour
05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
What an incredible experience. Told as only Ticky could tell it! I, too, am grinning from ear to ear after reading that. It sounds like you really stepped up to the plate when everyone else was quiet - good on you! It also sounds like Joe and Smokey thought you were adorable. :inlove:

Once again - I am so, so thrilled for you. The photo of you and Joe is the icing on the cake!

carol7lynn
05-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Sounds fan-tas-tic-ky to me! I bet you're walking on sunshine! Let us know when you come down to earth.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Prettymaid
05-31-2010, 10:11 AM
You really pulled through Rhonda. I knew you could do it!

I have lots of questions:

Were you all standing up when Joe came in. Were you in a line?

When did you sit down? You mentioned sitting at a table while Joe came around signing things. What were some other things you saw being signed?

Did you listen in on any other conversations with Joe? What were others saying/asking him?

Was the room fairly quiet or was it buzzing with conversation all the time?

Were you given "instructions" before Joe entered the room?

Was this the first time you had known of Shirl? How did she become friends with Joe?

The part where you say you were very close to tears struck a chord with me. You are always so funny and joking around that we seldom see that side of you here. It was very touching. I'm just so happy for you. It must have been awesome to watch Joe onstage knowing that you had just touched him, hugged him, whispered to him. He really sounds like a nice guy, the kind of guy you'd like to sit down and have a root beer with!

ticky
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
You really pulled through Rhonda. I knew you could do it!
Thanks! I wasnt so sure, had major butterflies just before and that margarita was STRONG!!! heheh Cami was going to have to carry me if I'd finished the whole thing!

I have lots of questions:

Were you all standing up when Joe came in. Were you in a line?

there was a small area about the size of a small bedroom sectioned off with curtain dividers. I think the area we were in was like catering services and storage etc. You could smell the food being prepared. There were 4 or 5 of those tall bar tables, no chairs (good thing because there wasnt enough room) There was a small table at the back filled with drinks and snack mix, (bottles of water and soda) We were at the first table when you came in the open doorway in the front of the room and about 4 others were at the table directly to the left. two or three others at a table to the right of us and a few others milling around.

When did you sit down? You mentioned sitting at a table while Joe came around signing things. What were some other things you saw being signed?

We didnt sit.. I was leaning against the table when Joe came in right behind me. We all had our things to sign on the table. I had a pick guard, Cami had the "So What" album cover, Therese had an album cover (I think, maybe Cami remembers better then I did, In fact I remember she was having "There Goes the Neighborhood" signed) I dont think Shirl had anything (but then she got a kiss...) One of the men at the other table had Joe sign his shirt and I saw another guy have his "Dont Blame Me, I voted For Joe Walsh" T-shirt signed. Two guys had electric guitar pick guards signed and I dont remember what else.

Did you listen in on any other conversations with Joe? What were others saying/asking him?

Everyone was pretty quiet and I was concentrating on Joe and Cami and Shirl and Therese so I didnt hear much of what was asked of him. Most people either had specific questions about guitars, albums etc, or they were just very quiet. I was also busy flirting with Smokey (WAY fun! *G*). One guy did ask if there was an Life of Illusion video. Joe said yes there was! but the guy said he couldnt find it anywhere.

Was the room fairly quiet or was it buzzing with conversation all the time?

WAY quiet except for the noise outside the small area. We talked a little at our table but everyone was pretty nervous I think.

Were you given "instructions" before Joe entered the room?

Not really, just wait here and Joe will be right in. THe only instructions were the ones on the email we had to print off and bring with us. The people leading the whole thing were Arena employees!! No one from the fan club was there (well not Becca or anyone official, just clubbers) Pretty much Joe and Smokey were the officials. There was a photographer and a security kid with Smokey, that's about it!

Was this the first time you had known of Shirl? How did she become friends with Joe?

I met Shirl through FaceBook and Mike actually. She's also a JWFC member and so we've msgd a few times. Im not sure how Shirl knows Joe altho I have heard rumors they dated YEARS ago. They are just friends now. I meant to ask her, but never got the chance.

The part where you say you were very close to tears struck a chord with me. You are always so funny and joking around that we seldom see that side of you here. It was very touching. I'm just so happy for you. It must have been awesome to watch Joe onstage knowing that you had just touched him, hugged him, whispered to him. He really sounds like a nice guy, the kind of guy you'd like to sit down and have a root beer with!

Exactly! I'd love to get him in a less formal situation and just talk. He's so attentive and sweet! Charming!! and OH GAWD Cathy!!!! those eyes and that hair and that smile!! just seeing him in person face to face.. *SWOON* I AM going to go get a bottle of his cologne and spray my pillow *G* he smelled so good! *G* when he took his coat off on stage and you could see his arms *G* just knowing those hands and those arms had touched my hands, my back, I'd felt him against me.. *GAH* ... yeah it was quite the evening *G*G*G*G*

tequila girl
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you Rhonda for such an in-depth report of your experience! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and everything went smoothly - well.............. apart from getting lost in the arena - the pain and the ruined hairstyle - but they're just minor incidents that don't really count do they? :hilarious: :hilarious:

Brooke
05-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Oh Ticky! What a wonderful experience for you and Wt! You are so funny! The picture of you and Joe is just wonderful! I know you will always treasure your memories of that evening! Fabulous! :thumbsup:

ticky
06-01-2010, 12:26 PM
For ya'll who dont know who Smokey is, He's Joe's road manager and body guard and bud.. here's a pic of him, he's the one on the far left with the hat n glasses.
http://tickypages.com/JoeWalsh/album3/JWalshDrewCarey.jpg

Prettymaid
06-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Here he is too.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Joe%20Walsh/joewithsmokey.jpg

ticky
06-01-2010, 12:43 PM
There he is!! that's a better, more recent picture.

tbs fanatic
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
WOW! That all sounds absolutely AMAZING :partytime:.

AzEaglesFan
06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Rhttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=253&stc=1&d=1275414267honda, I just noticed that your hair is almost the same color as Joe's.

AzEaglesFan
06-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey, this was my first try at posting a picture so it didn't turn out like I wanted it to. Someone with more experience than me can fix it I hope.

ticky
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah *G* If I hadn't run EVERY SQUARE INCH of the Rose Quarter just before meeting Joe, my hair'd be the same color and MUCH NEATER too hehe and I wouldnt be quite so red faced.. I think.. I dunno, being that close to him may have added to the sweat *G*

Shirley, you did pretty well! just click that little picture of a mountain and put the URL of the image in the box that comes up... , that's all you need.

MikeA
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, AZ....I think I see a lot of resemblance between Joe and Ticky! Wonder what that's all about?

ticky
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I think we make a cute couple! *G*

jdubfan
06-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I do too. Same hair color, twinkly eyes, mischievious grins...cute!:hug:

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I think we make a cute couple! *G*

You do indeed Rhonda! I'm so glad you got that pic. It really is LOVELY!