PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

sodascouts
01-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Since there's interest, let's go ahead and get started on the game! Our first album will be The Long Run. For a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of The Long Run here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. I picked The Long Run because it seems to be a bit more controversial than the others! Should be fun. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 4:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 4:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

Thanks for playing. Let's have fun with it!

We have finished the game. The winner of The Long Run Survivor is:
Heartache Tonight

Songs voted off:
The Disco Strangler 1/11
Teenage Jail 1/13
The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks 1/15
The King of Hollywood 1/17
The Sad Cafe 1/19
In the City 1/21
Those Shoes 1/23
The Long Run 1/25
I Can't Tell You Why 1/27

Voting is over!

sodascouts
01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
The first one to go is an easy choice for me. I think Disco Strangler is the worst Eagles song ever released. There seems to be no attempt at a melody or even syncing vocals with instrumentation. It's painful to listen to, IMHO.

I cast my vote for The Disco Strangler!

Maleah
01-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I have to completely agree with everything you said. I keep waiting for everything to come together in that song............and I just keep waiting. LOL

I cast my vote for The Disco Strangler

Brooke
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
My first thought was Disco Strangler.

Then I saw Greeks...I hate it! I vote for Greeks!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Okay - I agree that Disco Strangler may be their worst song, and I am going to vote to eliminate it. However, I still don't think it's that bad. Actually, I kinda like it. You all are just harsh! :D

sodascouts
01-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, maybe I am harsh, but I can't help it. I can't hit FF fast enough when it comes on.

Freypower
01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I like The Disco Strangler - I think it's very edgy and has a lot to say.

I'm afraid for me it's Teenage Jail because the song seems so pointless and is a waste of Glenn's talents. So...

I cast my vote for Teenage Jail!

Maleah
01-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Okay - I agree that Disco Strangler may be their worst song, and I am going to vote to eliminate it. However, I still don't think it's that bad. Actually, I kinda like it. You all are just harsh! :D

lol! Honestly, I like the SOUND of the song.....meaning I like the beat, don't mind the lyrics...like Don's voice of course. But it just seems like something's off and I can't put my finger on EXACTLY what it is. I don't think it's horrible though! just not their best song.

timfan
01-09-2007, 08:51 PM

I have always felt it is a song that has potential but never GETS there!

EasyFeeling
01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Ok, before I vote I need to explain something:
It may be a bit strange for you but I wanted to let you know that most of the Germans don't pay much attention to the lyric of a song because it's a foreign language. Sometimes I don't understand all words of a song while listening to it. Only when I read the lyrics or I listen to them constantly. There are actually two songs which I know by heart: Lyin' Eyes and Take It Easy.
So I need to tell you what gets my attention first: the melody and the vocals. I'm not so familiar with the older songs so I had to listen to them once more.

I vote for Teenage Jail because I don't like the melody.

DonFan
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I vote for Teenage Jail too. UGH!

glenneaglesfan
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I agree about The Disco Strangler - it seems as if it's going to develop into something more and never gets there. I don't necessarily fast forward it though.

I cast my vote for The Disco Strangler.

sodascouts
01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
With five votes, "The Disco Strangler" is the first song eliminated from The Long Run Survivor. “Disco Strangler,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
The Disco Strangler - 5
Teenage Jail - 3
The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks - 1

Vote Breakdown
Disco Strangler – glenneaglesfan
Disco Strangler – I’ve always been a dreamer
Disco Strangler – Meleah
Disco Strangler – sodascouts
Disco Strangler – timfan
Teenage Jail – DonFan
Teenage Jail – EasyFeeling
Teenage Jail – Freypower
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
The Disco Strangler - 01/11/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In the City
King of Hollywood
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes
Teenage Jail
The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks
The Sad Cafe

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

DonFan
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
All right, I cast my vote again for Teenage Jail. That song is so wretched that I couldn't believe it was actually an Eagles song.

sodascouts
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Another misguided effort. But if they wanted to make the listener feel as miserable as the guy in the song, they succeeded.

I cast my vote for Teenage Jail.

glenneaglesfan
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I've had all six studio albums in my car, to try and make a judgement on ranking them in order. Of all the tracks I've listened to, Disco Strangler and Teenage Jail have had the fewest good points. I can hear Glenn, and the lyrics are gritty, but it's depressing, and not the sound I associate with the Eagles.

Freypower
01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I have to stick with Teenage Jail although I don't think it's that bad.

Brooke
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
After I cast my vote for Greeks last round I listened to the album and I have to agree with you guys! I should have voted for Strangler, too!

And now I cast my vote for Teenage Jail as the 2nd worst song in Eagles album history. Yuk!

Maleah
01-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I have nothing to add except.........

I cast my vote for Teenage Jail :D

EasyFeeling
01-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Me neither!

01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I have to stick with Teenage Jail although I don't think it's that bad.

I feel exactly the same way, FP. However, it looks like this round could possibly be a clean sweep because I have no choice:

timfan
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I cast my vote for Teenage Jail

EasyFeeling
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I cast my vote for Teenage Jail

sodascouts
01-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Gee, wonder what's going to be eliminated this round? lol!

sodascouts
01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
To no one's surprise, with a unanimous vote, "Teenage Jail" is the second song eliminated from The Long Run Survivor. “Teenage Jail,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail - 01/13/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In the City
King of Hollywood
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes
The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks
The Sad Cafe

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

sodascouts
01-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I know everyone won't agree with me on this (and here's where it starts getting interesting, lol) but I'm going to go with King of Hollywood for this round. While I like the guitar solos, the vocals creep me out (Don sounds menacing and Glenn's falsetto never does much for me). I know, it's supposed to be creepy, and it's successful in that regard.... but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

I cast my vote for The King of Hollywood.

Freypower
01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Don deliberately sounds menacing in KOH. It's a pretty sordid situation they're singing about. I love how the two of them sound and the song has some of the band's best guitar work.

I am going with Greeks. On one hand it's a perceptive look at university life. On the other the song is not really up to Eagles standard. The 'put a smile on your rosy cheeks' part annoys me. I like the 'back to basics' approach of it but...

I cast my vote for The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks.

timfan
01-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I cast my vote for King of Hollywood

Some of the notes Don hits just don't sound right. The song to me sounds like an expierment that didn't work. JMO of course!

Maleah
01-14-2007, 02:20 AM
I cast my vote for The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks as well

EasyFeeling
01-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I agree with FP, I really like the guitar work in King Of Hollywood.
But during the whole song I'm always waiting for a "special moment" and it never comes. It's monotone someway.

So I cast my vote for King of Hollywood.

Brooke
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I've come to kinda like King of Hollywood. I love the guitar parts. I know it's dark and forboding, but I like it.

I cast my vote for Greeks. Never did like it.

glenneaglesfan
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Both 'Greeks' and 'King of Hollywood' have interesting observations on life, but I prefer the way they handle KOH.

I cast my vote for The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks

Z
01-14-2007, 06:16 PM
I love King of Hollywood! Greeks conjures up some very vivid (and accurately portrayed) scenes from my ancient past.

I cast my vote for The Sad Cafe. It's too preachy for this album.

01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I agree with Z that The Sad Cafe is somewhat out of place on this album, however, I still love the song.

I also like King of Hollywood a lot - I think it has great, albeit dark lyrics, and I think the music and singing style are very appropriate. I also like 'Greeks' - another song with clever lyrics. IMO, what hurts this song is that it is too short. I'd like to have seen another verse so the song sounds 'complete'. I'm sure that those of you who hate it totally disagree with me about this - you may think that is the only good thing about the song. :wink:

I know most of you disagree, but I was going to vote for In the City here. I don't know why, but I just like this song 'okay.' However, in a strategic move to try to save KOH -

I cast my vote for The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks.

sodascouts
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Ah, clever, Dreamer. You're getting the idea. ;)

sodascouts
01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
With five votes, "The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks" is the third song eliminated from The Long Run Survivor. “Greeks,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks – 5
King of Hollywood – 3
The Sad Cafe – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – Freypower
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – Maleah
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – Brooke
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – glenneaglesfan
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – I’ve always been a dreamer
King of Hollywood – sodascouts
King of Hollywood – timfan
King of Hollywood – EasyFeeling
The Sad Cafe - Z

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Greeks Don’t Want No Freaks – 1/15/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In the City
King of Hollywood
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes
The Sad Cafe

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

sodascouts
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
OK, King of Hollywood got by last time, but this round, it's going down! Unless of course the King-lovers can get a strategic rally around another song. ;)

So, here we go...

I cast my vote for The King of Hollywood.

timfan
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I cast my vote for The King of Hollywood

For the same reasons I stated last round.

Freypower
01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm unsure of how 'strategic votes' work :blush: so I will now cast my vote for In The City. I like the song but it doesn't really seem a part of the album.

It's funny how all these negative comments are coming out about songs which we all basically love. :)

I cast my vote for In The City.

DonFan
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Crap! You voted off Greeks before I got a chance to voice my opinion. I actually like Greeks a lot--as a survivor of fraternity parties at the University of Alabama in my sordid youth, that song is bouncy and fun and conjures up some fond memories. :blush:

Ah, well, what's done is done. May I suggest a time frame for each song's votes, so voters can try to get their vote cast in time, if possible?

I now cast my vote for King of Hollywood. Monotonous, menacing, boring!

Freypower
01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 4:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

The above is the explanation of the time frame.

sodascouts
01-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Don't feel bad, Dana. It was going down anyway. ;)

Freypower, a strategic vote is when you vote for a song you don't necessarily think is the worst song in order to save a song you feel deserves to remain. For instance, dreamer liked Greeks OK, but she wanted to make sure KOH remained. Instead of voting for ITC and "throwing the vote away" she voted for Greeks because it had the best chance of getting eliminated instead of KOH. That's strategy! lol

Maleah
01-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmmm.......this could get interesting. I actually like KOH as well........and like FP never really felt like "In The City" fit with the rest of the album. Therefore..............

I cast my vote for In The City

EasyFeeling
01-16-2007, 04:27 AM
I cast my vote for King Of Hollywood.

sodascouts
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Hmmm.......this could get interesting.

That's the idea. Will King of Hollywood be saved? Suspense builds. ;)

Brooke
01-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna try! I really KOH better than In the City.

Therefore, I cast my vote for In the City.

Edited to add that I really like ITC better than The Sad Cafe, but am trying to save KOH! :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
:? When I read this the first time I was going to ask for that but I think I get the idea. :wink:

sodascouts
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Shoot, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about strategy! If this keeps up you guys are gonna rescue KOH once more!

Maleah
01-16-2007, 06:59 PM
:D muahahahahahaha ;)

glenneaglesfan
01-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Dang, I could really put a spanner in the works here. I still hear In The City ringing in my head from Joe and Glenn shredding it at the live concerts. We are getting down to the wire. I suppose I'll have to go with the one I'm least familiar with.

I cast my vote for The King Of Hollywood.

Z
01-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Only because I'm really in the mood to wreak havoc

I cast my vote for In the City!

01-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Okay - it's an uphill battle to save KOH this time. I don't have any strategy this round, so I'll vote for the song that I wanted to vote for in the last round, so ...

I cast my vote for In the City.

timfan
01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
It's nail biting time..... :twisted:

sodascouts
01-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry for not putting up the results yet, guys. I teach at 4:30 and was too busy printing out handouts to tabulate. I'm doing so now. :)

sodascouts
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
It was a close one! Both King of Hollywood and In the City got five votes, but The King of Hollywood lost the tie-breaker. Therefore, "The King of Hollywood" is the fourth song eliminated from The Long Run Survivor. Your Majesty, please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
King of Hollywood – 5
In the City – 5

Tie! Tiebreaker of votes from previous rounds:
King of Hollywood – 3
In the City – 0

And so goes King of Hollywood.

Vote Breakdown
King of Hollywood – sodascouts
King of Hollywood – timfan
King of Hollywood – DonFan
King of Hollywood – EasyFeeling
King of Hollywood – glenneaglesfan
In the City – Freypower
In the City – Maleah
In the City – Brooke
In the City – Z
In the City – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The King of Hollywood – 1/17/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In the City
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes
The Sad Cafe

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

sodascouts
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Now it's getting harder. I like all of the songs that are left. I think I'll go with The Sad Cafe. The reason I'm choosing that over In the City is that ITC is Joe's only lead on the album and I want to keep him in the game a bit longer! And while The Sad Cafe is pretty, it's a bit of a downer.

I cast my vote for The Sad Cafe.

Z
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM

DonFan
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
This is tough!
Since The Sad Cafe has one of my favorite lines- "I don't know why fortune smiles on some, and lets the rest go free," I just can't vote it off yet.

I vote for In The City.

Maleah
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
I like the Sad Cafe, and even though I like In The City........it's just nowhere near my favorite Joe vocal and I just can't get into it. I'm not sure why lol

I cast my vote for In The City

timfan
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I cast my vote for Those Shoes

sodascouts
01-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Preparing for a future tie, TF? ;)

Freypower
01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I voted for In The City before but that was a mistake. Next to go for me is the title track. It hasn't aged well. Somehow I don't think I'll save ITC here.

I cast my vote for The Long Run.

Brooke
01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I like In the City better than The Sad Cafe.

I cast my vote for The Sad Cafe. It just does nothing for me at all.

EasyFeeling
01-18-2007, 04:17 AM

sodascouts
01-18-2007, 07:51 AM
It looks like The Sad Cafe may lose to ITC after all! But I won't celebrate just yet.

Besides, I've gotten KOH stuck in my head ever since it got voted off. Poetic justice? When he thinks he wants a closer look... aaah!

glenneaglesfan
01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I love The Sad Cafe, even if the lyrics are a little dark. Like Julie, my next one to go would be the title track - although I waver because I like that old video of it so much.

01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh man - I am so bombed that the Sad Cafe looks to be going down. I love that song. I also totally disagree about The Long Run - I love it as well. As far as it being dated, I have to look no further than my young nieces who happen to also love it to disagree with that. The song still gets substantial airtime here in the States, so I'm not sure what is dated about it.

Anyway for the reasons previously explained ...

sodascouts
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, what can I say, fortune smiles on some songs, and lets the rest get kicked off the island. ;)

Maleah
01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with everything you said dreamer :D

sodascouts
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
In a round with a lot of unexpected votes, the surprise fifth song to be eliminated from The Long Run Survivor is The Sad Cafe. “Sad Cafe,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
The Sad Cafe – 4
In the City – 3
The Long Run – 2
Those Shoes – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Sad Cafe – sodascouts
The Sad Cafe – Z
The Sad Cafe – Brooke
The Sad Cafe – EasyFeeling
In the City – DonFan
In the City – Maleah
The Long Run – Freypower
The Long Run – glenneaglesfan
Those Shoes – timfan

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Sad Cafe – 1/19/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In the City
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

sodascouts
01-19-2007, 08:34 PM
OK, after long and difficult deliberation, I'm going to vote for The Long Run. First off, it would be cool to have the top four songs be one song from each lead vocalist, and The Long Run is inferior to Those Shoes, IMHO. Those Shoes has a funky beat and Don sounds sexier in it. I love how they sing "Oh no, you can't do that!" It's terrifically catchy. The Long Run is good but it can get repetitive.

Freypower
01-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I am very disappointed to see The Sad Cafe go. It's one of their deepest and most personal songs.

I don't know why I think the title track is dated. It just does nothing for me.

So I cast my vote for The Long Run.

Maleah
01-20-2007, 01:05 AM
The Long Run is one of my favorite Eagles songs.........so even though it will probably go this round........I can't bring myself to participate in its demise. :D I think it's very catchy...but then that's my "strange" taste in music (or so I've been told) :laugh:

I'll stick with my vote from the previous round

I cast my vote for "In The City"

01-20-2007, 01:53 AM
The Long Run is one of my favorite Eagles songs.........so even though it will probably go this round........I can't bring myself to participate in its demise. :D I think it's very catchy...but then that's my "strange" taste in music (or so I've been told) :laugh:

I agree with you again, Maleah. The Long Run does not deserve this fate - it is a much better song than In the City. I have come to rally the troops. It is very simple - if anyone wants to save The Long Run, you MUST vote for In the City. In the City has been barely surviving the last few rounds, and it does not deserve to survive in the long run (pun intended).

EasyFeeling
01-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Ummmm, now it's getting really hard. :?

I don't want to see leaving The Long Run and In the City. I love both songs.

I cast my vote for Those Shoes.

timfan
01-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Basically it's my least fav of what is left :)

DonFan
01-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree with you again, Maleah. The Long Run does not deserve this fate - it is a much better song than In the City. I have come to rally the troops. It is very simple - if anyone wants to save The Long Run, you MUST vote for In the City. In the City has been barely surviving the last few rounds, and it does not deserve to survive in the long run (pun intended).

My feelings exactly. The Long Run is a much better song than In the City.

I vote, once again, for In The City.

timfan
01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
a three way tie... this is going to be a VERY interesting round! 8)

glenneaglesfan
01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Hmmm, it is hard. I too am sorry about the Sad Cafe - it was one of the 'new' songs I hadn't heard before on Complete Greatest Hits. Now I do like all the remaining songs, but as I said before, I have probably listened to The Long Run too many times, so

01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh my goodness - this is interesting. I didn't officially vote before because I wanted to see if the race in this round would remain close. But since my previous post did nothing to persuade anyone <hehe>, I will make it official now:

BTW - anyone who is out there who hasn't voted in previous rounds, now may be a good time to join in. And long live The Long Run! :D :D

sodascouts
01-20-2007, 02:04 PM
The Long Run and In the City neck and neck... Those Shoes at their heels with one vote less... interesting indeed!

sodascouts
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm giving a two hour extension for the time the board was down. Basically, whoever votes next decides the round. If no one does - tiebreaker time!

Z
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
There is no way I can let The Long Run go down that easily.

I cast my vote for In The City.

Maleah
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I love you Z :D

sodascouts
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
In tight round that was anybody’s game until the last minute, the sixth song to be eliminated from The Long Run Survivor is In the City, with 4 votes. “In the City,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
In the City – 4
The Long Run – 3
Those Shoes – 2

Vote Breakdown
In the City – Maleah
In the City – DonFan
In the City – Z
The Long Run – sodascouts
The Long Run – Freypower
Those Shoes – EasyFeeling
Those Shoes – timfan

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Sad Cafe – 1/19/07
In the City – 1/21/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

Freypower
01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
OK, well, now it IS time for The Long Run to go, and I will vote for it until it leaves.

sodascouts
01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
My vote will be no surprise! It's not that I don't like the Long Run, I just like the others better. I see Those Shoes might be in danger... remember how sexy Don sounds on it! Even the beat is sexy. And the tune really sticks in your head. Come on guys, let's have some tall drinks and some drama!

Maleah
01-22-2007, 12:44 AM
dang it.........I'm gonna need some time to think this over because I truly love all of the rest of the songs equally! :cry: lol

EasyFeeling
01-22-2007, 05:15 AM
I don't need to think about it.

Maleah
01-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I think I'm going to have to agree EF. i love "Those Shoes" and Don DOES sound very sexy on it.....and it DOES have good beat, but it's not one of those songs to me that I can just sit and listen to over and over again and sing along with. Maybe I'm all alone in my thinking.....but I can do that with The Long Run. It's a song that I can sing along with and not get tired of.

sodascouts
01-22-2007, 01:46 PM
"Oh no, you can't do that!" ;)

Save Those Shoes! Vote for The Long Run, folks!

timfan
01-22-2007, 05:09 PM

for reasons stated previously :)

DonFan
01-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I love The Long Run--I always think about Don singing it on my IJ DVD that he filmed in Dallas, and he says "all the debutantes in Dallas" instead of Houston & eveyone in the crowd cheers.

I love Those Shoes for the reasons Nancy stated--mainly Don's sexy vocal. I always thought it was a shame that they never played Those Shoes on Sex and the City when all those girls were going on & on about their Manolo Blahniks!

I love Heartache Tonight--Glenn's vocal is so fun and catchy, even though he is singing about heartache.

So, by process of eliminination, I vote to cast off I Can't Tell You Why.

Z
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
So, by process of eliminination, I vote to cast off I Can't Tell You Why.

GASP!!!! <clutches> Surely, DF, you've made a typo here!

The Long Run has a special meaning to me as it was the first song I ever heard the guys play live. Those Shoes takes me way back to my disco days. I have some 'interesting' stories (most of which I will take to my grave) about dancing until the wee hours of dawn at the Hudibras in Princeton. Heartache Tonight is just a very fun song and I could never vote against I Can't Tell You Why.

So, I cast my vote for Those Shoes.

01-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Boy - now, it's really getting hard. IMO, these are the best songs on the album (along with The Sad Cafe). I love all these songs, and feel very bad having to vote any of these off. However, since I have to chose one, here goes:

sodascouts
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Things are sure getting hard. The seventh song to be eliminated from The Long Run Survivor is Those Shoes, with 5 votes. “Those Shoes,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Those Shoes – 5
The Long Run – 3
I Can’t Tell You Why – 1

Vote Breakdown
Those Shoes – EasyFeeling
Those Shoes – Maleah
Those Shoes – timfan
Those Shoes – Z
Those Shoes – Ive always been a dreamer
The Long Run – Freypower
I Can’t Tell You Why – DonFan

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Sad Cafe – 1/19/07
In the City – 1/21/07
Those Shoes – 1/23/07

Songs remaining:
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
Heartache Tonight

Voting for Round 8 begins now.

Freypower
01-23-2007, 05:53 PM
So what we have left are the three 'big songs'. So once again...

DonFan
01-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Once again--
I cast my vote for I Can't Tell You Why.

sodascouts
01-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, now that Those Shoes is gone, I hate to get rid of the other Don vocal, but... something must go. And The Long Run made my second favorite song on the album, Those Shoes, get kicked off! So....

EasyFeeling
01-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Shit, I love all three songs.

Ok, I cast my vote for the Long Run. :(

glenneaglesfan
01-24-2007, 04:48 AM
This is very difficult, but I'll stick by my previous opinion.

01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a very hard time voting against any of these remaining songs. I love The Long Run and I Can't Tell You Why about the same. I think it should be a tie between them. But since that is against the rules, I originally thought I would just flip a coin to decide for me. Then, I decided I'd better apply another strategic move in the event of a future tie. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for I Can't Tell You Why.

:cry: I'm sorry I Can't Tell You Why! :wink:

Maleah
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
*sigh* I don't like this game anymore :D lol kidding

This is such a hard decision for me because the remaining three are three of my all-time favorite Eagles songs............but.......since I DO have to vote :(..............

I cast my vote for "I Can't Tell You Why" :cry: *sniffle* lol

timfan
01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I cast my vote for the Long Run

freyfanatic
01-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I cast my vote for The Long Run

sodascouts
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Alright, we’re down to it, folks. The eighth song to be eliminated from The Long Run Survivor is The Long Run, with 5 votes. “The Long Run,” please leave immediately. The two remaining songs, please step forward for the final round.

Votes
The Long Run – 6
I Can’t Tell You Why – 3

Vote Breakdown
The Long Run – Freypower
The Long Run – EasyFeeling
The Long Run – timfan
The Long Run - freyfanatic
I Can’t Tell You Why – DonFan
I Can’t Tell You Why – Ive always been a dreamer
I Can’t Tell You Why – Maleah

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Sad Cafe – 1/19/07
In the City – 1/21/07
Those Shoes – 1/23/07
The Long Run – 1/25/07

Songs remaining:
I Can't Tell You Why
Heartache Tonight

OK. We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all. Once again...

Vote for the song you want to win.

Voting for the final round begins now.

freyfanatic
01-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Cast my vote for, ICTYW

sodascouts
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
OK, this one is easy for me.

HEARTACHE TONIGHT

Got to go all the way, baby!!!

timfan
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Without question....

I cast my vote for I Can't Tell You Why

Perfect Little Sister
01-25-2007, 05:37 PM
No question.

Heartache Tonight

must win!

DonFan
01-25-2007, 07:04 PM
This one is easy for me too.

I vote for Heartache Tonight.

Freypower
01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it's obvious what I will vote for...

HEARTACHE TONIGHT

there's nothing we can do.... 8)

EasyFeeling
01-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Heartache Tonight

Z
01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
of course, I vote for

I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh crumbs, this is very hard... I love Heartache Tonight, it's such an upbeat rocker, and it's Glenn, but ICTYW has a special significance for me, as I first heard on the Live album in 1981, and it seemed so different from Eagles' songs I had heard before. The summer of 1981 has some very fond memories for me :blush: , so I'm going to cast my vote for

I Can't Tell You Why

01-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh my goodness - another close one. But this one is also easy for me.

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight.

Now, believe it or not - this time it is not just because I love Glenn so much. I really do think it's the best song on the album, and possibly one of the best Eagles songs ever. What can I say - I love this Grammy winning rocker, and I think it deserves the top prize.

Brooke
01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
First of all, I cannot believe The Long Run is gone! How could you?!

So, hoping I'm not too late, I love Heartache Tonight, also, so I vote for

Heartache Tonight as the best song on the album! :D

sodascouts
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM
First of all, I cannot believe The Long Run is gone! How could you?!

Silly you, going off skiing when you should have been doing important things like playing Long Run Survivor. ;)

sodascouts
01-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Finally – it’s the big day! With 7 votes, the winner of The Long Run Survivor is.....

HEARTACHE TONIGHT!

Votes
Heartache Tonight – 7
I Can’t Tell You Why – 4

Vote Breakdown
Heartache Tonight – sodascouts
Heartache Tonight – Perfect Little Sister
Heartache Tonight – DonFan
Heartache Tonight – Freypower
Heartache Tonight – EasyFeeling
Heartache Tonight – Ive always been a dreamer
Heartache Tonight – Brooke
I Can’t Tell You Why – freyfanatic
I Can’t Tell You Why – timfan
I Can’t Tell You Why – Z
I Can’t Tell You Why – glenneaglesfan

Songs eliminated:
Teenage Jail – 01/13/07
The Sad Cafe – 1/19/07
In the City – 1/21/07
Those Shoes – 1/23/07
The Long Run – 1/25/07
I Can’t Tell You Why – 1/27/07

Congrats, Heartache Tonight!

To celebrate...

Listen to Heartache Tonight from Lucca, Italy in 2001 (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/HeartacheTonightLucca2001.mp3)

Watch Heartache Tonight from Christchurch 1995 (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/HeartacheTonightChristchurch95.mpg)

EasyFeeling
01-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Yay, my favourite song of this album has won!!!!! :D :D

01-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah! Mine too. I really think Heartache Tonight is the best song on the album and deserved to win.

I enjoyed playing the Long Run Survivor, and look forward to doing this with all the albums.

timfan
01-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Congrats to Heartache Tonight! It really is a great song with great memories for me! :D

I also enjoyed playing Long Run Survivor and am looking forward to playing it again with the other Eagles albums and solo albums. 8)

Freypower
01-28-2007, 12:06 AM
The ONLY POSSIBLE outcome. It would like to give you all a big Grammy winning hug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Farewell%20One/HeartacheTonight43.jpg

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Ah, yes. Thanks FP!

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Awww, FP, that's so nice!

Well, I'm happy with the outcome, and it's been a lot of fun. look forward to the next one!

Brooke
01-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for that Fp!

That was great fun! Which one is next?

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Right now it looks like OTB is going to be our next victim. I think we're gonna have to wait a bit to start it, though, as I'll be a tad busy during early February. ;)

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Heartache Tonight is a wonderful song, and so is I Can't Tell You Why. Glad to see my two favorite songs on the album made it to top two!

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't wait until the next "Survivor" game. I really wish I could participate in this one!

Maleah
01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Right now it looks like OTB is going to be our next victim. I think we're gonna have to wait a bit to start it, though, as I'll be a tad busy during early February. ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that wink makes me think I should know why you'll be busy during early February lol

sodascouts
01-29-2007, 12:43 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that wink makes me think I should know why you'll be busy during early February lol

Let me give you a hint... P. B.

Maleah
01-29-2007, 01:04 AM

Let me give you a hint... P. B.

OOOOooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! I forgot! :shock: :blush: I'm horribly ashamed of myself :D