PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines Center, Dallas, June 26th

carol7lynn
04-27-2010, 10:12 AM
AMEX presale starts tomorrow.

Carol-Lynn

Peekaboo
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
OOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOD!!!!!! Are you FREAKING kidding me???!!! DALLAS!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Btw, I am trying to talk Lou into staying an extra 2 months so we can go to Dallas too. LOL!!!! Everybody, help me talk her into it!!

TimothyBFan
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Lou-You aren't doing anything else--come to Indiana for awhile, then to Illinois, Virginia, Jersey and wherever others Borderers live and then back to Dallas for the concert with Jess. (We don't want you to wear out your welcome at Jess's afterall!)

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Lou-You aren't doing anything else--come to Indiana for awhile, then to Illinois, Virginia, Jersey and wherever others Borderers live and then back to Dallas for the concert with Jess. (We don't want you to wear out your welcome at Jess's afterall!)

Yeah, look at it this way - you won't need to stay in hotels. There are Borderers everywhere!

Maidstone
04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone have the AmEX codes for the pre show sale tomorrow....and... do you HAVE to use an AmEX card to make the actual purchase?

Huh - just wondering.
Thanks,
Maid

Ive always been a dreamer
04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
MS - I'm not that familar with the AmEx presale procedure, but I think you do have to have an AmEx card to purchase. I think our Borderer, Carol-Lynn has a lot of experience with AmEx presales and here is a link to a post she wrote a while back in case she doesn't sign on and see your question. See her post #34. I don't know if this will help or not, but good luck.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96636&highlight=AmEX#post96636

04-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Yeah Lou - you need do a U.S. road trip east of the Mississippi River next! :partytime:

Maidstone
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much Dreamer for getting back to me so quick!

I've been on the side of the stage (great seats) the last two times. But would really love, love, love to be oh... in the first two/three rows.

okay - FIRST row! :laugh:

Thanks,
Maid

04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
You're welcome, MS. Actually, I don't think the tickets released at the time of the presale or the general sale are the best anyway. Your best shot may be to keep checking often to see what is available. Some of your better tickets are often released closer to the show date. Of course, if you are really brave, you can always go to the venue the day of the show and purchase your tickets. There is no guarantee so it's risky, but some of us have been very lucky to get a seat in the top five rows at face value. Good luck whatever you do!!!

Glennsallnighter
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd miss you Lou, but HEY..... if there's any chance you could stay in the US for the Dallas show........ go for it!

carol7lynn
04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
The code is just the customer service number minus the leading 1. You have to have an AMEX card nowdays or the code is useless. You can find the code on the net at Wiseguys but if you don't have an AMEX card it won't (unlike the old days) let you charge the ticket even if you can pull seats.

I will tell you this from personal experience that if you have any AMEX card, including the blue, that the best number to use is the one for Centurion AMEX followed by AMEX Plat, AMEX Business and finally AMEX Gold.

Here is WiseGuys link:

http://www.tmpresale.com/search?q=eagles&max-results=25

Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn

Maidstone
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Huh - the AmEX presale tickets suck.

I used my Boss's 800 number from his Platinum card and the seats were sucky. (is that a word?)

I wouldn't have bought them if I could (use my boss's AmEx card - lol)

It just goes to show that the seats that they hold back for these "pre-sales" aren't that great. And I think on this board (maybe another one) that the ILAA tickets aren't great either.

Yeah - you may get front 3 rows or so, but if you are a single ticket - you are at the very end of that row on the aisle. It works better if you buy 2 or more ILAA tickets. They tend to seat you according to what mood they are in. lol

Anyways - nothing missed in the AmEX presale today.
:shrug:

carol7lynn
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Huh - the AmEX presale tickets suck.

I used my Boss's 800 number from his Platinum card and the seats were sucky. (is that a word?)

I wouldn't have bought them if I could (use my boss's AmEx card - lol)

It just goes to show that the seats that they hold back for these "pre-sales" aren't that great. And I think on this board (maybe another one) that the ILAA tickets aren't great either.

Yeah - you may get front 3 rows or so, but if you are a single ticket - you are at the very end of that row on the aisle. It works better if you buy 2 or more ILAA tickets. They tend to seat you according to what mood they are in. lol

Anyways - nothing missed in the AmEX presale today.
:shrug:

Amen to that! I agree 0ne thousand percent about both points but especially about ILAA. I got the shaft so many times buying a single seat from ILAA I stopped doing it two years ago and have done much better on my own with ticket drops.

Sunday night I was in the second row at the Honda Center in Anaheim right next to people who paid $800-$900 to ILAA for the same seat I paid $190 for. The guy complained about the swag and the party and said he'd never do it again. Another couple on the other side of me bought their seats for $350 each from StubHub-still a better deal. ILAA used to be the way to go but they are so %^&*uped it's not funny. But that's just my two cents

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Maidstone
05-04-2010, 11:55 AM
YESSSSSSSS - Got front row.

Okay so not the front row on the floor......... oh no, that would be too wonderful. :brickwall:

On the side section front row. I sat there last time for Eagles in the Houston Toyota Center.

They are great seats, but I was just hoping that maybe one day I could actually see them from the floor. So to speak...

Okay - done. And hopefully they won't be wearing their little corporate suits/ties.

Anyone else going?
Maid

ticky
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Lou, OF COURSE if you're staying another MONTH and you're already in VEGAS, you could just pop up to PORTLAND for a concert in a few weeks *G* we'd be happy to host you *G*

Prettymaid
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
They are great seats, but I was just hoping that maybe one day I could actually see them from the floor. So to speak...Maid

Sounds like good seats MS, congratulations! And bite your tongue about the suits! :shh:

Just before I joined this board (and learned how the greats get their seats :bow: ) , I got Eagles tickets through a broker for Floor, row 20. I just wanted to be on the floor for once. I paid approx. $300 for a $185.00 face value ticket. After joining the board I learned that Soda and TBF were going to be at the same show. However, Soda was just going to go up to the ticket booth the night of the show and hope for the best. That night, after meeting Soda, Willie and her hubby for dinner, we got to the venue, went inside and found our seats in row 20. "These aren't so bad", I said to Hubby with my binoculars to my eyes. About that time we saw Soda being led by an usher to her 10th row aisle seat on the floor! It was then and there that I learned a valuable lesson: If you're going to get seats on the floor, then get some GOOD seats on the floor. Next Eagles show we went to we were in the 2nd row on the floor. Nothing can top being that close.