PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

tequila girl
04-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Does anyone suddenly become affected by a song that's never affected them before?

I'm sitting here watching "Inside Job Live" and for no reason whatsoever during 'Lilah' I just started crying:shrug:

It must be something to do with my age!:huh::roll:

TimothyBFan
04-29-2010, 08:17 AM
TG--not alone, trust me! That happens to me rather often!! Most recently, I was in the tanning bed, where I always have my ipod on also, and Stay The Night by Benjamin Orr came on---I've heard that song 100's of times and it just hit me!!! His voice sounded so emotional and it brought tears to my eyes. I get a little emotional with his music anyways because of his death. I know we missed so much from him that he was never able to give us.

It's happened many a time to an Eagles or Timothy song--to numerous to mention. Every Song Is You has done that to me a few times.

cynd1231
04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
I think it happens to all of us from time to time. And for me it's always a deeply moving moment, no matter how many times I've heard whatever song it may be. It's almost as if a lightbulb is going on and I'm hearing it for the first time...very unsettling sometimes. I've found the trick is to just go with it...let the tears flow and don't try to analyze it to death.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
This happened to me most recently several weeks ago. I was listening to Glenn's Soul Searchin' album and 'I Did It For Your Love' started playing. I have always liked this song, but I never loved it. I know a lot of Glenn hardcores love the song, but I always thought it was pleasant, but somewhat bland. However for some reason on this particular day when I heard it, it touched something in me that I can't explain. The song just blew me away. I realized it and replayed it several times. To say the least, the song has now moved up significantly on my Glennometer. I still can't put my finger on why this happened, but I ain't complaining. :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA: And tg - as far as 'Lilah' - I absolutely loved it from the first time I heard it. That ranks up there as one of my favorite Don solo songs.

Molly
04-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I totally get what you're talking about.

I had been hearing "Desperado" since I was a little kid. I had never put much thought or association to the lyrics. But, the day I found out my brother passed away (he was such a lost soul) -I was driving out to our mom's house, and that song came on the radio.

"...your prison is walking thru this world all alone"

I nearly had to pull the car over it affected me so. And, it probably always will -I think of him every time I hear it now.

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Awww guys, that's the beauty of music. You can find something there you never noticed before. Or in Molly's case, a certain lyric strikes an emotion from the mood we're in.

Freypower
04-30-2010, 07:29 PM
This happened to me most recently several weeks ago. I was listening to Glenn's Soul Searchin' album and 'I Did It For Your Love' started playing. I have always liked this song, but I never loved it. I know a lot of Glenn hardcores love the song, but I always thought it was pleasant, but somewhat bland. However for some reason on this particular day when I heard it, it touched something in me that I can't explain. The song just blew me away. I realized it and replayed it several times. To say the least, the song has now moved up significantly on my Glennometer. I still can't put my finger on why this happened, but I ain't complaining. :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA: And tg - as far as 'Lilah' - I absolutely loved it from the first time I heard it. That ranks up there as one of my favorite Don solo songs.

That happened to me to with I Did It For Your Love. It has a real elegiac quality about it - it may be the chord changes. I don't know if it has actually made me cry yet, but it might.

I feel the same about Lilah = it's a beautiful song.

I can't remember the last song that made me cry. We did have a topic about this recently. As I am listening to Dire Straits at the moment it will probably be one of those again.