PDA

View Full Version : San Jose, CA 5-01-10

sodascouts
05-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Lissa and I went up to Jess, Lou, and Annie's room and cooked up this review together.... here goes!

What a wonderful night! The band was really enjoying themselves and you could tell it in the way they played. They all looked terrific and sounded great. Jess and Lissa have some INCREDIBLE photos to share!

As everyone knows by now, they opened with Seven Bridges Road and for me, it was a highlight of the evening. The harmonies gave me chills, and I never thought I would be so lucky as to hear it live.

The transition to How Long was perfect and the back and forth between Don and Glenn on the song is always a pleasure to listen to.

Next was Busy Being Fabulous, and Jess and Lou are especially glad to have it back. Jess especially loves the part where they go “dododoooodo” after Don sings “A little time in the country.”

After that, Glenn said, “Hello San Jose! Home of the Shark Tank!” He did his regular shtick about “assisted living” and all that. He added, “We’ve been at this for 37 years – we started when the Dead Sea was only sick.” [copyright George Burns!]

I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Tim’s voice sounded really pure on this. I loved it.

Guilty of the Crime – Joe was rockin’! He changed up the vocal a bit and I could tell it was going to be a good night for him.

Hotel California – Much of the crowd jumped to its feet and we realized that this would be a good crowd! There was literally some “colita smell” as some weed smokers asked Jess and Lou for a light, which Jess kindly provided.

Peaceful Easy Feeling – Glenn sounded magnificent! He sang “sparkling earrings swing” for the curious. The lady behind me, whom Lissa and I had talked with earlier, said “Like your sparkling earrings!” to me. I got a kick out of that. Glenn did those “oohs” that we love at the end.

I Can’t Tell You Why – great smooth groove and I love that Glenn as well as Joe do keyboards on this as Tim croons. Terrific.

Witchy Woman – Loved Glenn’s opening and Don sounded very cool. Glenn mouthed along lyrics often for several songs, this being one of them. The crowd ate it up, especially when Don hit the high notes.

Lyin’ Eyes – Glenn told his usual “Dan Tana” story with the “We did everything fast back then” bit but added, "well, almost everything." Hmm! ;) It was sung wonderfully - absolutely lovely!

Boys of Summer – they rocked it! I know many say the solo songs should be dropped, but I love this one so much I’d be sad to see it leave!

In the City – this was amazing! Joe nailed those vocals. Stueart and Joe jumped around on this (as well as some other songs). We think this is the one where Glenn and Steuart slowly squatted down and came back up (with a crank motion!) Jess noticed Glenn uses a different guitar for this now.

The Long Run – Don came out and he corrected Glenn with “actually we’ve been at this 38 years” and Glenn knelt down a bit and held his head – and then Don made a motion over his head and said “Whoosh!” Then he told us that they were going to take a break so we [the audience] could rest. Loved it! Don did this cute shuffle step to “Just a little bit faster now!”

Jess saw Irving Azoff after intermission to left of stage.

No More Walks in the Wood – incredible harmonies! I think it’s very cool to have a capella harmonies start both segments.

Waiting in the Weeds – beautiful! Lissa and I gave them a standing ovation!

No More Cloudy Days – Glenn intro’d this by saying that the band watched the weather channel when they were on tour to see if they were gonna get rained on! His voice was so powerful on this… amazing. Don mouthed a phrase or two with Glenn. Glenn added the extra “cloudy days” that we love.

Love Will Keep Us Alive – Tim did the “Tempted” intro for Paul Carrack. Don bopped along! This was also beautifully sung and got a great response from the crowd.

Take It to the Limit – Instead of the credit card joke, Glenn intro’d it by saying that it was a waltz, and explained that a waltz is in three/four time. He invited anyone who knew how to waltz and perhaps went to the Arthur Murray dance studio to feel free to do waltz away. He even did a waltz motion himself. The song was absolutely wonderful. The whole crowd got into it and many of us gave the guys a standing ovation. It was my favorite of the night, along with Seven Bridges Road. He looked over at Lissa and me several times during this and Lissa worried he not gonna be happy because she was pulling out that camera… but thank goodness she did, because she has some great photos from it!

Long Road Out of Eden – very dramatic. We love how they all stand still in the dark at the long pauses, and the way the screens really add to the song. Quite powerful.

Walk Away – this song was a lot of fun, especially after the intense moments of LROOE.

One of These Nights – VERY sexy. I started out the song seated but stood up for a bit, then sat down again when Lissa didn’t join me, then stood up again… I felt like a little gopher!

Band Intros – everyone got lots of applause. Glenn introduced the horns as the “Blowhards.” He continued “Perhaps you’ve heard of them… maybe you’d like to pay them!” Tim intro’d Glenn with praise such as “The guy who got this whole thing started with Don in 1972.” Glenn intro’d Don as being the best songwriter/vocalist he’d ever worked with and that they’d been friends since 1971 and done it all.

Life’s Been Good – Joe played with the audience a bit – he started with “Everybody say YEAH!” which we did, then “UUH” which we did…. And then he said “Everybody say [long scat] – um, nah, never mind, start the song!” Everybody laughed. It is always such a hoot to watch that screen behind them during this song and all the old photos and videos! Lou says that at one point, there was a photo of Glenn up on the screen and at that moment, Glenn happened to be striking almost the identical pose on the stage… it was inadvertent on his part, but it was really cool. I think Joe might miss his helmet cam during the guitar solo, because he wandered around the stage and faced different parts of the audience as if he were wearing it. He did a cute little Chuck Berry duckwalk across the stage with his guitar! Another cute moment: He sang "My fans they can't wait - They write me e-mails, tell me Glenn's great!"

Dirty Laundry – all three guitar solos sounded great. Again, love the montage, especially the joke ones of course - but it's also cool how they update the tabloids in the ending magazine-toss. Some very recent news was featured there, including Tiger Woods' scandals of late. They all jumped at the end with their guitars, and Jess got a photo of them in mid-air! Glenn jumped around in circle before hopping to the other end of the stage.

Funk 49 – Joe and Glenn did their cute “guitar duel.” They imitated each other’s movements too… which included thrusting! When Joe “won” by playing a really fancy guitar run, Glenn leaned over and blew on Joe’s fingers like they were burning. This is another one where I was standing and sitting and standing again. Finally I committed to standing up, but Lissa remained seated… until Glenn faced her and mouthed “STAND UP!” When she just stared at him, he repeated himself… and she stood up! (Unfortunately I didn't get to see this exchange and only got told about it after almost getting knocked over when Lissa jumped up, lol). At the end of this, he did the countdown with Lou and Jess where he looked right at them and whispered “Ten” a few times before counting on his fingers with them. Jess took a photo of him looking right at them because she thought he was saying “Take them” [photos] – and she did! When Glenn says “jump” we say “how high?”

Heartache Tonight – they tore this up and it brought the house down! Terrific!

Life in the Fast Lane – the excitement just kept on getting higher and higher as the band rocked this hard. Glenn mouthed the lyrics along with Don to this as well.

Take It Easy – Time to start the encore. Everyone was in great spirits listening to the Eagles rock out to this feel-good tune that "started it all" and to this day, along with Hotel California, remains a definitive Eagles song in the minds of even the most casual fan.

Rocky Mountain Way – More fun times! During Joe’s solo, Glenn was dancing around, making poses, and playing around with his guitar… interesting to watch! After Joe sang "And we don't need the ladies crying 'cause the story's sad," Glenn cried, “Good God!” At which point Joe turned his way and laughed. Guess something was going on up there which we weren't privy to!

Desperado – Don came out and stood in that spotlight and we knew it was almost time for it to end, sadly. It was amazingly sung and of course when the rest of the band joins Don for the harmonies at the end, it’s such a striking moment….

Then, at the end, some really special stuff happened! The guys went to say their goodbyes along the stage, and when Glenn came over to Lissa’s and my area, we blew him a kiss, and he stopped and said “hey!” He gave us a wave and a big smile. Then, he went back towards where he had his water and we thought he was going off… but no, he came back with picks for Jess and Lou! I’ll let them tell you how that went down!

We’ll probably add stuff later because we’re all out of steam now. I’ll just end it with…

WHAT A NIGHT! SO GLAD I CAME!

MikeA
05-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Great REVIEW! Thank you LADIES! Someone must have gotten through to the Guys to let them know of the trials and tribulations Jess and Lou had in getting there! Your dedication to the band PAYS OFF!

But I have to say that I'm worried now that Lou and Jess will have turned into Freyheads. :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2010, 07:07 AM
I've been worrying about the same thing myself Mike! But I have Lou on BB chat here and she assures me this second that Don will always be her man!

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Wonderful review Soda! I'm so glad you and Lissa got some 'Glenntact' as well as Jess and Lou. As I say I'm on the BB chatting to Lou at the moment and she has had the best night ever. I dunno when she'll come down but she is still on a high!!!!

I'm glad the setlist has changed a little as I love RMW and SBR but I'm sorry that Glenn :heart: is not taking lead on more. Particularly miffed that 'Somebody' is gone.

But I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful night and that the boys seem to be going from strength to strength.

Peekaboo
05-02-2010, 07:30 AM
OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!! That was absolutely the BEST CONCERT EVER!!! We loved every second of that show. The guys looked and sounded so great. Getting the picks from Glenn was simply amazing. Me and Lou still can't stop smiling about that. Unbelievable!!!! Glenn pointed right at us and told the security guy "These two"!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Then right after that Lou and I both blew Don a kiss and we got one right back. **SIGH** This concert completely made up for everything we went through to get here. It was sooooo worth it!!!

Surprisingly and thankfully the camera nazi's were no where to be found where we were sitting. The security guy sitting in front of us was really nice. We chatted with him for a bit before the show started and he was also rocking out during the concert too.

We'll fill you all in with the details as best we can as soon as we get the chance. We have to leave tomorrow :weep:so we may not get to add too much until we get back to Oklahoma in the next few days.

I was a little scared to pull out my camera during the first half but after intermission something came over me and I started snapping away. I didn't have to worry too much because i turned the flash off. I'm really surprised at how good some of them turned out because I didn't think they would've turned out that good. To you Tim fans, I did my best to get a good shot of him but that man is a wiggle worm. Every time I would try to take one of him he would move and it turned out blurry. I did get a couple of him though so no worries. I got plenty of good shots of the other 3. There's a lot to go through and upload but it's really late and i'm exhausted but i am gonna leave you all with these few for now. Enjoy!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0681.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0723.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0738.jpg

Peekaboo
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0749.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0762.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0774.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0783.jpg

Peekaboo
05-02-2010, 07:33 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0798.jpg

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2010, 07:51 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0749.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0762.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0774.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0783.jpg

OHMIGOD Jess! These are fantastic. That third one has to go down as an alltime Glenn :heart: favourite. They are gorgeous and so clear. I Must say Glenn :heart: Looks absolutely fantastic. The blue really suits him and he looks so well and HOT and Sexy and Gorgeous......:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Thanks soo much and I'm delighted you both had such a wonderful time.

Note to GEF : Please prescribe these girls plenty of prozac. They are gonna need it when the FEW sets in:

MikeA
05-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Jess, those are some excellent pictures! Very good job! But, be aware that before long, those shots will be all over the INTERNET!

Now, follow it up. Take a pic of you and Lou so they'll know who sends them and fire one of each of the band to their official sites and see if you can get them autographed! It sounds like you got the attention of Glenn and Don anyway! Tell them your story. I'm betting you could score an autograph at least!

TimothyBFan
05-02-2010, 08:06 AM
OMG--Haven't even gotten into the shower yet this morning because I checked my text messages because I was hoping and was told get on for the review and about the picks, etc....

First, AMAZING pictures. Will come back in to check them better later!!!

Second, I can in no way express how thrilled I am about all the attention that was given last night. Jess & Lou---YOU SO DESERVED IT!!! Thank you to those wonderful Eagles for that!!

Third, did you guys end up getting flowers for the guys and what happened if you did?

Fourth, thank you Rhonda for getting Joe back out of the trunk so he could show up last night! I was really worried about that and the whole restraining order thing--don't want you to miss that M & G in Portland.:hilarious:

Fifth, and most importantly--- Thanks girls for the call last night during ICTYW. I'm actually glad I didn't get to my phone in time to answer because now I have it saved in my voicemails and can listen to it again and again. It meant bunches to me that you took the time and thought to dial me so I could hear it!! THANK YOU!

YAY on the successful trip after all the trial and tribulations!! It turned out to be something very very exceptional afterall!! Be careful when you leave today and keep in touch. I hope the trip home is uneventful.

TimothyBFan
05-02-2010, 09:13 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0798.jpg

That smile on Don's face is precious!!! And everyone of them just looks so fit and young in this picture!! Thanks for losing the suits boys!!! :drool:

carol7lynn
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
THANK YOU! Your pictures are sooo awesome-especially of Timmy. You girls rock!:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Great review Nancy & Company. A Glenn pick-I'm green with envy! Can't wait for more!:nahnah:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

GlennLover
05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm soooo glad that you gals got to see such a terrific show! Sounds like the guys were really rockin' & having more even more fun than usual! So glad that you got some attention from Don & Glenn. You all deserve it & Lou & Jess, after all that you went through, it's great that you were rewarded with the picks. Glenn MUST have gotten the story of the obstacles that you had to overcome to get there!

I'm thankful that I get to enjoy these moments vicariously through other Borderers through their wonderful reviews & pictures. Jess, those photos are out of this world! Thanks for posting so quickly, I know you all must be tired.

Everyone have a safe drive home!

Prettymaid
05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh - I have tears in my eyes reading these reviews and looking at the pictures! What a night! And what a bunch of well deserving Borderers to see such a great show. I did shoot an email off to TBS's website on Thursday telling him about Jess and Lou's trials and tribulations getting to CA. I figured it was the best chance of getting word to them before the shows. Here it is - Sorry if some of the facts got messed up.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to let Timothy know that there are two big Eagle fans heading to the San Jose show on May 1.

Louise is from England and recently came to see Timothy perform in London. Even before that, though, she had carefully planned a trip to the States to see the Eagles in California. Here was the plan:

Lou was to fly into Oklahoma where she and her friend Jess would prepare to make a road trip complete with Eagle related stops before reaching their destination of San Jose, CA.

What actually happened is that Lou had the ash from the volcano eruption in Iceland almost make her miss her scheduled flight out of the U.K. They reopened the airports the morning before her flight.

After making it safely to Oklahoma., the two ladies took off on their road trip. First stop - Winslow Arizona. They made it there just in time to find a place to stay for the night, planning to take some pictures the next morning before continuing on their way. But a dust storm, of all things, delayed all travelers and Lou and Jess had to spend another night in Winslow. Shortly after getting the all clear and finally heading down the road they got stuck in stand-still traffic. They are inching along as I write this.

If these road weary travelers make it to their front row seats for the May 1 San Jose show, please show them a little extra love. You won't be able to miss them. They'll be the two brunettes with dust in their hair and a sparkle in their eyes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know - the chances are slim to none that he got it. But at least I know I tried! :thumbsup:

Koala
05-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Jess, WOW, fantastic HS&G Pics, thank you for the pics and told us your impressions ! How splendidly that you and Lou have got the Picks of Glenn!
Soda, thank you, for your great review!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
OMG - what an incredibly awesome evening for all of you in San Jose. Wow - you all could definitely feel the love last night. I know what a thrill it must have been, and I'm guessing that none of you are sorry you went! :wink: :wink: These are the memories that last a life time. I can't even find the right words to describe the pictures taken from the front row.

And Cathy - that was very sweet of you to send that email. You never know - it may have helped get the word to guys! It definitely was worth a shot.

luvthelighthouse
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. So great to hear the guys were in perfect form and you all got a much deserved show!

PM, what a great email you fired off!

Troubadour
05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I have just woken up, bleary-eyed, but still on a high from last night. It was absolutely incredible - everything I'd hoped it would be, and more. MUCH more. Sitting in that front row was an amazing experience. We asked our host where our seats would be before we went in, and she told us she had received my email request and had placed us in the middle. I could've kissed her! By the time the guys came on stage, Jess and I had had a vodka or two, so we were feeling nicely buzzed and just EXCITED about the whole thing (without any of the nerves!) The guys sounded fantastic. The whole show just rocked, and they all seemed in great spirits. I can't believe the incredible photos that Jess got. Rest assured the ones she posted above were teasers - she has loads more. The guys didn't seem to mind photos being taken at all.

The thing that really made the night though, was the attention we got. Oh my goodness! I got eye contact with all the guys at different stages - a cute smile from Don while he was sitting on his stool (sigh) - but Glenn was looking at us almost constantly! He looked so good, and the eye contact was AMAZING. I'll admit there's some Frey Fever going on around here right now! He did the countdown with us during Funk 49, which was cute, and then at the very end, the guys were all waving and accepting applause at the right side of the stage, and Glenn wandered back to where his water bottle was, picked something up, and walked RIGHT back to where we were standing. He came to the edge of the stage, pointed right at Jess and I with two fingers and said "These two." My heart was RACING! The security guard took two guitar picks from Glenn and handed one to me, and one to Jess. We mouthed "Thank you!" and Glenn smiled at us. :heart: :heart: (The pick is sparkly and it says Eagles 2010 on one side, and Glenn Frey on the other!)

THEN... as if that wasn't enough... Don was watching, and I looked up at him and blew him a kiss. (Jess said she did the same thing at the same time.) He looked right back, smiling oh so cutely, and pressed his hand to his mouth and blew a kiss right back. Oh my God. Then, I looked to Don's right and Tim was there, watching. I blew him a kiss (obviously in a kissy mode) and he smiled and nodded in acceptance, putting his hand to his heart, and then did an adorable regal bow to me. It was SO cute! Tim had been looking our way a lot, particularly in the second half of the concert, during all the rocky Joe stuff... I don't know, but it's lovely to think that he just might have received that email. (Cathy - you are a sweetheart. :hug:) Either way, the guys were on fire, and I still can't freaking believe the attention we got - the guitar picks from Glenn were just the icing on the cake! Just the two of us, out of the whole arena... SIGH. He didn't give any more out.

Okay, we have to check out soon (ugh), but I had to quickly type out something! Coupled with Joe walking right by us in the hotel lobby yesterday, it was one hell of a day! An incredible experience all round. I will treasure that contact with the guys forever.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

EagleLady
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
:fainting: Oh My God, Oh My god! :fainted:

Don blew you a kiss :fainting:

luvthelighthouse
05-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Man Troub, you sure know how to tell a story! I felt like I was right there with you! Every time I read another snippet about the concert, I get so happy. I'm so thrilled for all seven of you that got to be part of an awesome weekend. You and Jess won't be able to stop talking about this during your long road trip! It's great to have someone to shar that with. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Man those photos are great! I'm dying to see more - so glad this special night got documented.

And no one deserved attention more than Jess and Lou, that is for sure! Awesome that they got it! These guys really do care about their fans.

Prettymaid
05-02-2010, 03:20 PM
It's great to have someone to shar that with. :thumbsup:

That's right LTL, and were it not for The Border these two would never have met.

You can't ask for a better experience than you all had. (Well, I do wish someone would have said hello to Joe in the lobby...) To get that kind of attention was what I was hoping for all of you. I can't wait to see the rest of Jess's pictures. The ones posted so far are great!

DonFan
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Fabulous review and pictures! I'm thrilled for all of you!

Stars
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Troub, what a story!! I am so happy for you and Jess-you had the time of your lives,and it couldn't have happened to two more deserving people!!:thumbsup:
The photos are absolutely fantastic-so close up and clear-I love looking at them!
Wishing you all a safe trip back home-keep us posted on any more adventures along the way...;-)

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Fantastic review Lou! nd once again I'm thrilled that you got such reccognition from Glenn :heart: Don and Timothy. But you know, you deserved every bit, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person, :hug:

I've been on chat with Lou through a lot of this week and I must say her enthusiasm is limitless. What a week Lou! And I'm so glad to have been with you in spirit!!

I'm soooo thrilled things went so well for you.

Freypower
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Fantastic that you got so much recognition - picks & a kiss. Unbelievable. It could not have happened to nicer people. (Now Jess & Lou, do you see a bit of what being 'Freyed' is like)?!

Beautiful photos - love the blue and PLEASE forgive me for saying that Mark Knopfler used to wear a shirt identical to Joe's back in the 80s. Joe has really gone 'western' in terms of his looks.

sodascouts
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I know which shirt you're talking about FP - it's the one Knopfler wears it in the Walk of Life video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1nx73ZT5U), right? Nice avatar, too!

What with Jess and Lou on the road to Vegas, I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the rest of these awesome photos. :(

Troubadour
05-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, we'll get to Vegas pretty late tonight. But rest assured we'll post more photos when we get to the hotel. Annie has two free nights in a hotel so we're saving some serious money! Yay.

We're driving through California and it looks beautiful. (Although I have a feeling ANYWHERE would look beautiful in my mind today! LOL.) We're listening to a compilation CD that Jess made, featuring the LROOE tour setlist. It's almost like being back there. We're replaying last night in our heads - and sometimes aloud! - as we're listening. Glenn had been giving us a lot of attention, but Lyin' Eyes stands out as very special, because he was focused on us pretty much the whole way through. After the line 'a rich old man and she won't have to worry', he looked directly over and mouthed 'much', with a really cheeky, knowing look on his face. Gah!

Also, Tim sang some of Tempted before LWKUA. Don was singing along a little to himself and started bopping his head. When Tim stopped, Don kept on bopping then kind of gave up, in a mock-disappointed 'oh, okay then' kind of way. It was so cute!

Freypower
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
. Glenn had been giving us a lot of attention, but Lyin' Eyes stands out as very special, because he was focused on us pretty much the whole way through. After the line 'a rich old man and she won't have to worry', he looked directly over and mouthed 'much', with a really cheeky, knowing look on his face. Gah!

That is precisely what happened to me on December 4, 2004. I cherish it. You're lucky.

TimothyBFan
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Did I imagine it (or maybe wishful thinking of it) or did someone actually post somewhere this weekend that they got some or all of 7BR on tape? I can't find it now and can't wait to hear/see it if it is indeed true.

And Lou, Jess, Annie, Rhonda, Cami, Lissa & Nancy----I hope you guys hold onto these memories and ride them for a very long while!!

Keep giving us morsels you guys. I love reading them!!

Wildthyme
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Annie managed to record most of Seven Bridges Road using her iPhone. The sound on it came out really great. If you go to my Facebook profile page I have it shared there for the moment.

Koala
05-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Lou, thanks fantastic review!
Your experiences are so freaking cool ( guitar picks, eye contact, blowing kisses :faint:) ! I'm really happy for you!

sodascouts
05-03-2010, 03:54 AM
OK, we've got Lissa's photos uploaded. Here's a sampling:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/eaglessanjose512010-05.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/GFreyDHenleySanJose512010-02.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/GFreySanJose512010-04.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/DHenleySanJose512010-03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/JWalshSanJose512010-03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/TSchmitSanJose512010.jpg

View the rest here:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/

tequila girl
05-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Oh WOW Guys, what fabulous reviews and fabulous, fabulous pictures:fainting::fainted:

I think it was Cathy who said she had tears in her eyes reading this - well, so did I:weep:

I am so happy that you all had such an amazing time and THANK YOU for sharing it with us :hug: :hug: you guys certainly helped make me feel like
"I was part of it"

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2010, 05:23 AM
WONDERFUL pictures Lissa and Soda as well. As has been said, the pics, the reviews and the contact from the Lou/Jess camp over the weekend has made me too feel part of this wonderful experience.

Cherish the memories girls.

And Lou/Jess/Annie! have some serious fun in Vegas! Well done on the hotel deal!:thumbsup:

Koala
05-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Awww, the pics from Lissa are just wonderful! Thanks!:inlove:

THANK YOU for sharing it with us :hug: :hug: you guys certainly helped make me feel like
"I was part of it"
:nod::nod: :nod: I only can agree!!!
Big hugs to you all! http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/gifs/hugspingu.gif

Stars
05-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Thank you everyone-wonderful reviews and great pics!!:thumbsup:

MikeA
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Nancy, Lissa...very VERY good photos!

TimothyBFan
05-03-2010, 08:18 AM
OK, we've got Lissa's photos uploaded. Here's a sampling:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/sanjose5-1-10/TSchmitSanJose512010.jpg

Haven't even looked at the rest yet but this one made me cry!! Look at that expression on his face- so melancholy. This is just gorgeous!!

Thanks so very much for sharing all these you guys. I don't even know where to begin when looking at all of them over and over!

Troubadour
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow. Lissa certainly took some amazing pictures! I can't get enough of them!

05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
OMG - Not only do you all have some incredible memories of this show, but you got incredible pictures as well.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

ticky
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Wow Lissa! Amazing pics!!! We SHOULD have stayed!!! WHO needs a marriage when you've got the Eagles LOL But seriously, I wish we could have stayed one more night!

Prettymaid
05-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, everybody's pictures came out good. I'm so glad you took them. Thanks a lot.

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Ok, i've got lots of pics to post so brace yourselves.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0654.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0656.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0672.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0676.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0679.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0682.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0683.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0688.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0692.jpg

ticky
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Jess!! you Rock!!! *G* great pics!

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0691.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0701.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0704.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0706.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0708.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0714.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0711.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0715.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0718.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0719.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0722.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0693.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0724.jpg

These jumping ones are too cute! Look at Don's face!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0725.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0726.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0727.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0728.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0732.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0733.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0736.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0737.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0740.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
This is Lou posting for Jess. She wasn't joking when she said she had a lot of photos! ;)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0742.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0743.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0744.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0745.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0747.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0753.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0754.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0757.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0758.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0766.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0767.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0769.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0770.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0776.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0778.jpg

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0779.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0780.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0784.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0785.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0786.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0791.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0794.jpg

ticky
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
OMG!!!!! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0726.jpg
YOU GUYS ARE SOO COOL!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 05:10 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0796.jpg

Don touching Tim's arse. (Can't blame him I s'pose...) ;)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0799.jpg

This one is so cute. Don was smiling and saying something to Glenn as they wandered over to accept the applause.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0800.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0801.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0802.jpg

This was when Glenn waved towards Nancy and Lissa, I think. It was RIGHT after this picture, that he walked back to the middle of the stage, grabbed those picks and came over to us. SIGH.

luvthelighthouse
05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Jess, you outdid yourself! Thank you, thank you!:bow:

I'm sure PM is gonna so many of these great Joe shots!

Peekaboo
05-03-2010, 05:15 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0803.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0804.jpg

This was before 'the kiss', too. Once more... SIGH.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0805.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0807.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0808.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0723.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0738.jpg

Prettymaid
05-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Jess, these pictures rock!!!

You can tell in some of them that they're looking right at you!

Freypower
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Magnificent photos.

(Although I couldn't help but notice there aren't that many of Glenn actually singing - sign of the times).

StephUK
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
WOW! Amazing photos. Love this one.

luvthelighthouse
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0804.jpg

I don't believe I've ever found Don so sexy as I do here! :nahnah:

ETA: Steph, I do believe I saw your boy in one of the pics too!

Troubadour
05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Seriously. I've stopped masquerading as Jess now, and I'm still staring at these pictures... She did an incredible job. I want to relive that night over and over.

:sigh: :inlove:

Troubadour
05-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah - Jess took this for you, Steph! (although Rhonda and Cathy might like it too...)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0781.jpg

sodascouts
05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow, Jess. THANK YOU!

Now, I've found a couple reviews for the night, although there's not much to them and no new photos. The first is from Examiner.com called "Eagles Band with new 'Long Road Out of Eden' toured San Jose with old favorites and nostalgia" (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-30274-SF-Theater-Examiner%7Ey2010m5d3-Eagles-Band-new-Long-Road-Out-of-Eden-toured-San-Jose-with-old-favorites-and-nostalgia) and is pretty good, despite some glaring errors.

sodascouts
05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
This one is from PopMusicSuite101 and is entitled "The Eagles at the HP Pavilion in San Jose May 1, 2010"
(http://popmusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/concert-review-the-eagles-at-hp-pavilion-in-san-jose-california)

Molly
05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Jess-those are the best pictures I've seen in a long time! You did an amazing job.

Glad the show was everything you were hoping it would be (and more), ladies!

Maleah
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0728.jpg

Oh my goodness gracious, how stinkin' attractive is he in this pic? LOVE it!

And for some reason, the way Joe had his hair fixed for this show, combined with the length, takes me back to his younger days! ;)

Love the pics ladies! So glad you all had such an awesome time!!!! :thumbsup:

Koala
05-04-2010, 01:25 AM
:smitten: OMG, what for wonderful, amazing, fantastic, HS&G pics ! Thanks , Jess!

TimothyBFan
05-04-2010, 07:18 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/wow/3.gif I can't even begin to thank all of you for all these gorgeous pictures!! So many new favorites in these! Thanks for sharing so much!! :applause::applause::applause:

MikeA
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
In a prior post, I commented that Don's expression reminded me of Bill Murray.

In this one, he reminds me of Bob Hope. Guess he's a man of a thousand faces <LOL> Believe me, I'm not intending any disrespect at all towards Don.

tbs fanatic
05-04-2010, 11:00 AM
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/vc/editor/separator.gifGreat reviews and AMAZING pics :thumbsup:. Looks like Don is going with the gray look with his hair - I like it.

Brooke
05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
WOW! OMG! WOW!

All of this is just unbelievable! Guys........all of you that went....you rock! :partytime:

I can't even get caught up with this thread, let alone the rest of the board! I had a very busy weekend and a very busy couple days at work and have tried to scan all the happenings, but it's impossible!!! What a place this is! :partytime: What an amazing event this has been for all Borderers far and wide! :rockon:

The reviews, the pictures, everything is just wonderful for all of us living through you. Thanks so much for the ride! :grouphug: I thought I was a die-hard Eagles fan, but the lengths that you all have gone to have made me realize that I'm just a "wanna be" die hard Eagles fan! Thanks so much!

Jess and Troub, how very cool that you got picks from Glenn and air kisses from Don! Pm, your email must have gotten to them somehow. Wonderful idea! Unbelievable! :thumbsup:

I'm loving Don's hair and stubble and doesn't Joe look cute all cowboyed up! :nod: Of course Glenn and Tim look as hot as ever, too!

Thanks again everyone! :cheers:

Perfect Little Sister
05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Sigh...what an amazing concert! The guys sounded fan-tastic! And in a hockey arena to boot. I have to agree with y'all that I'm really loving Don's natural look. Love the facial hair. I thank whoever stole Joe's hair gel. He looks sooooo much better with the hair a bit longer and loose. Tim and Glenn look great as well but not different from the last time I saw them. I really enjoyed the energy of the concert. I can't put my finger on it...if I was into the reading aura thing I'd say it was that. They just seemed...joyful I guess. I was having so much fun and it seemed they were too.

I can't believe I finally got to hear Seven Bridges Road live!!! I was so excited back in '05 when the did the California tour cuz I thought I was going to hear it but it was cut before they played here. I was just crossing my fingers last week that they wouldn't drop it again. Thank you Powers That Be for fulfilling that. lol

StephUK
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah - Jess took this for you, Steph! (although Rhonda and Cathy might like it too...)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/DSCN0781.jpg

GORGEOUS. :inlove::bow: THANKS JESS:wave:

sodascouts
05-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Just wanted to check in and let everybody know I got back to Indiana safe. It's been a wild and wonderful trip, that's for sure, and I'll cherish every moment!

Koala
05-05-2010, 01:15 AM
nothing new but.....

http://www.examiner.com/x-41641-San-Jose-Concerts-Examiner~y2010m5d3-The-Eagles-soar-at-HP-Pavilion

Koala
05-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Soda, nice to hear that you back safe at home!

Especially I like this part from the Review

All in all, it is turning out to be another successful tour for these long standing musicians, and San Jose's shows were no exception. The guys still have the spark and energy that is needed to pull off big venue concerts, and they delivered a great performance that left their fans wanting more. :nod:

ticky
05-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Welcome Home Nancy!
It was soo great meeting you in Cali, I do wish we'd had more time to hang out together. I'm sure we'll do this again in the not too distant future *G* On The Border was fun, the margaritas were great and we'll always have a mechanical bull named Glenn *G*

Prettymaid
05-05-2010, 08:18 AM
There you are Soda! I was wondering if you were home yet. I'm so glad that you had a good time. Wish I could have been there with you!

sodascouts
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
we'll always have a mechanical bull named Glenn *G*

Um, just to clarify, I am NOT the one who came up with that! lol

And yes, it was a hoot sipping an "On the Border" house margarita and hanging out with the San Jose Border Gang. I feel so lucky that in my travels I've gotten to meet a good many Borderers, and it's always a great time!

Here's to Rhonda, Cami, Lou, Jess, and Lissa... but also the other folks I've met (in approximate order of meeting): Kay, Karen Z, Sheryl, Kath, Elsbeth, Ulrike, Kate, Bree, Diane, Christian, Dana, Kelle, Carol-Lynn, Willie, Cathy, Maleah, Ev, Rebecca, and Joe.
:cheers:

And hopefully many more in the future!

luvthelighthouse
05-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Soda, thanks to you, you made it possible to meet so many great people! It was Prettymaid that brought up, if it weren't for the border, Troub and Peek never would have met.

It's so great to have other people, who love the Eagles as much as you do, to share this with. It's just not as fun when you go to the show with a casual fan. Fans play off of each others excitement. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't just a tad envious of all of you that were able to get together and expierence the San Jose shows together. Really sounds like the weekend of a lifetime.

Molly
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
That was very sweet of you, Nancy. It is fun to have these experiences in a "group" setting. Not to mention the group thing makes me braver. I would have NEVER run up to stand by the stage right in front of Glenn by myself.

Not that I had a choice in the matter, Kay decided we were going...and we went. After all these years, I still have the marks on my arm from her "kung fu grip"!! :thumbsup:

Z
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Nancy -- glad you had a good time. I'm so jealous you got to hear Seven Bridges Road!

That was very sweet of you, Nancy. It is fun to have these experiences in a "group" setting. Not to mention the group thing makes me braver. I would have NEVER run up to stand by the stage right in front of Glenn by myself.

Not that I had a choice in the matter, Kay decided we were going...and we went. After all these years, I still have the marks on my arm from her "kung fu grip"!! :thumbsup:

Can't imagine where she ever learned that move....:angel:

Prettymaid
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Lol Molly! I mentioned in the What Would You Do If You Met An Eagle thread that if I was alone I wouldn't do anything. But in a group...I just might be braver!

Troubadour
05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Glad you made it home safe, Nancy. We're still driving the long road back to Oklahoma... We're somewhere in Arizona now. We passed Winslow about 45 minutes ago. (Thankfully we made it, relatively dust-free!)

I also want to add how wonderful it was to meet Nancy, Rhonda, Cami and Lissa. We had a lot of fun and I genuinely didn't want to say goodbye to you ladies! Jess and I have experienced so much this week, that I feel like we know each other pretty darn well! I love her to bits and we've had so many laughs - it really is amazing to think that if The Border didn't exist, we would never have met. This has been one big adventure - and it aint over yet!

If only Glenn and the other guys knew how special they'd made my transatlantic trek.

05-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Awww Lou! :grouphug:

... the group thing makes me braver. I would have NEVER run up to stand by the stage right in front of Glenn by myself.

Can't imagine where she ever learned that move....:angel:

OH PULEEESSE! Z - I learned from the master. Now, close your eyes and let me refresh your memory a bit ... think Eagles concert, Arco Arena, Sacramento, CA., Nov. 19, 2005. About a third of the way through the 2nd set, Kay is innocently standing at her 4th row seat beside you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, you look at her and simply say "c'mon". Kay is very perplexed, but grabs her purse and follows as you walk right up to the front, give a friendly nod to the security guy, and then place yourself right at the rope about 3-4 feet from the stage in between Timothy and Glenn where we were allowed to remain until the end of the show. Remember now! :partytime:

So, by the time I got to Glenn's solo show at Casino Rama in the summer of 2006, I knew how to do this. Now, Molly, time to close your eyes and have your memory refreshed a bit - before the show, we had 'inquired' with the security folks about whether or not we would be allowed to rush the stage, and they 'hinted' that it may be possible, so I was keeping an eye on things. After Lyin' Eyes, which was the 2nd song, the security person that I was watching started 'waving' people up. So, sorry if your arm is stilI bothering you, but I had to act boldly and swiftly. If not, we wouldn't have gotten our position right in front Glenn, and then you wouldn't have gotten spit on. So surely, you're not still upset about a few little marks on your arm - it was totally worth it. :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Great story girls. I love reading this stuff. I wonder will Glenn :heart: EVER do another solo show like the Rama one? Not even Volcanic Ash will keep me away this time.

Prettymaid
05-06-2010, 07:23 AM
If only Glenn and the other guys knew how special they'd made my transatlantic trek.

You're just going to have to tell them. :computer:

Z
05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Awww Lou! :grouphug:

OH PULEEESSE! Z - I learned from the master. Now, close your eyes and let me refresh your memory a bit ... think Eagles concert, Arco Arena, Sacramento, CA., Nov. 19, 2005. About a third of the way through the 2nd set, Kay is innocently standing at her 4th row seat beside you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, you look at her and simply say "c'mon". Kay is very perplexed, but grabs her purse and follows as you walk right up to the front, give a friendly nod to the security guy, and then place yourself right at the rope about 3-4 feet from the stage in between Timothy and Glenn where we were allowed to remain until the end of the show. Remember now! :partytime:

So, by the time I got to Glenn's solo show at Casino Rama in the summer of 2006, I knew how to do this. Now, Molly, time to close your eyes and have your memory refreshed a bit - before the show, we had 'inquired' with the security folks about whether or not we would be allowed to rush the stage, and they 'hinted' that it may be possible, so I was keeping an eye on things. After Lyin' Eyes, which was the 2nd song, the security person that I was watching started 'waving' people up. So, sorry if your arm is stilI bothering you, but I had to act boldly and swiftly. If not, we wouldn't have gotten our position right in front Glenn, and then you wouldn't have gotten spit on. So surely, you're not still upset about a few little marks on your arm - it was totally worth it. :partytime:

I will never forget the look on your face as long as I live!

Molly
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
So, sorry if your arm is stilI bothering you, but I had to act boldly and swiftly. If not, we wouldn't have gotten our position right in front Glenn, and then you wouldn't have gotten spit on. So surely, you're not still upset about a few little marks on your arm - it was totally worth it. :partytime:

I will forever be in your debt-if you hadn't been so on point, I wouldn't have the wonderful memories from that show. I still have that spitty shirt, by the way! As for my arm, I've learned to use the other one quite nicely. ;)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/KungFuGrip.jpg

Peekaboo
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
We've finally made it back home. We barely made it back and when I say barely that is no exaggeration at all. We had some car trouble 30 miles away from Tucumcari and had to pull off to the side of the road. FREAKIN SCARY!!! We still had over 400 miles to go. We got back on the road and made it to Oklahoma but when we were literally a couple of miles away from my house my car really started to jerk and nearly die out. Thankfully we made it. Now the next mission is to get my car to the shop and get it fixed. UGH!!! What a fitting ending to an incredibly crazy road trip.

Wildthyme
05-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow, you three have had quite an adventure the last several days! Happy to hear you all make it back to Oklahoma safe and sound. I am glad I got to be a part of at least some of the fun! :D

Troubadour
05-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Jess and I have been doing some research and we have come across some more photos from the May 1st show. Here's the link to the album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sam6string/Eagles20100501#

The last two pics really caught our attention though. The first one is a different angle of one of ours (where Glenn waved to Nancy and Lissa.) As I said in a previous post, this was right before he walked over to get the picks for me and Jess. Although you can't see us, we are just to Glenn's right.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/P1000332.jpg

THEN... We saw this. This is right after Glenn had given us the picks, and Don had blown us a kiss. I guarantee this is when Tim did the adorable regal bow to me in response to my blowing him a kiss, that I mentioned before! You can see Tim looking at us, and that we are right in front of Glenn and Don.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/P1000335.jpg

Sigh! Now we just need photographic evidence of Glenn giving us those flippin' picks...

Peekaboo
05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in for a while - I had to work as soon as we got back. Thanks for all the comments. I'm so pleased with how the pics turned out - I really didn't think they'd come out so well! Thought it was about time I posted a photo of the picks Lou and I got from Glenn.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/7147f58d.jpg

Also, this is the HP Pavilion in San Jose. It was a really great venue!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/59fd6725.jpg

Prettymaid
05-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey, nice shot of those picks! I can almost see Glenn's prints on them! Lol!

05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/7147f58d.jpg

Jess and Lou - these guitar picks are BEAUTIFUL, aren't they? :wink:

Peekaboo
05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Jess and Lou - these guitar picks are BEAUTIFUL, aren't they? :wink:

They really are!! And so is the man that gave them to us. **Sigh**

Peekaboo
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
So, despite the fact that we failed to get a picture when we saw Joe in the lobby, we did get one right AFTER he'd gone...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/JoeWasHere.png

DonFan
05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG!!!!! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GUYS ARE SOO COOL!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!
Ticky, I am with you, I absolutely LOVE this shot!

Girls, I am so jealous of all of you. Your road trip sounds fantastic. I was with you in spirit!

ticky
05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
So, despite the fact that we failed to get a picture when we saw Joe in the lobby, we did get one right AFTER he'd gone...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20in%20San%20Jose%205-1-10/JoeWasHere.png

LOL THANK YOU!! Im so glad you took this picture *G* I love you guys!! You rock!

Wildthyme
05-12-2010, 12:09 AM
hehehe that picture is awesome *G*

sodascouts
05-12-2010, 12:31 AM
LOL! Love it!!

Koala
05-12-2010, 01:35 AM

LOL! Love the shot!

The guitar pics looks great!

ticky
05-12-2010, 01:38 AM
And actually, after he walked by that big white glowing arrow and "JOE WAS HERE" really did just appear. It just kind of followed him around like that. Pretty impressive!

Prettymaid
05-12-2010, 07:47 AM
And Rhonda, that little puddle on the floor - is that where you were?

TimothyBFan
05-12-2010, 08:40 AM
If I squint really hard, I can almost see him standing right there!!

Brooke
05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
:hilarious:

Love that Peek!

ticky
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM
And Rhonda, that little puddle on the floor - is that where you were?

no, that IS me...

Woodstock
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't think you ever said which hotel you saw Joe at, but I'm curious, was it the Fairmont?

Wildthyme
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Yep. It was the Fairmont.

Troubadour
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
With all the excitement of the shows, we forgot to tell you that Jess and I were definitely lucky that night, as we BOTH won something in the ILAA raffle before the show! There were only five prizes up for grabs, and I went home with a t-shirt and Jess went got a key chain. Pretty cool!

sodascouts
05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Maybe Rhonda could work up a novelization! ;)

Woodstock
05-12-2010, 06:09 PM
The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel. I've been there many times for dinner and drinks but I've never stayed there since I live 15 minutes away. It's funny cause my husband mentioned staying there the night of the concert (5/1) as a special treat for us, but I said no since I spent a small fortune on a ticket for myself on Fri. night and tickets for both of us for Sat. That's what I get for being so cheap....who knows who I might have run into!!:brickwall:

ticky
05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel. I've been there many times for dinner and drinks but I've never stayed there since I live 15 minutes away. It's funny cause my husband mentioned staying there the night of the concert (5/1) as a special treat for us, but I said no since I spent a small fortune on a ticket for myself on Fri. night and tickets for both of us for Sat. That's what I get for being so cheap....who knows who I might have run into!!:brickwall:

well.. Us!! *G* where were you sitting on Friday?

Maybe Rhonda could work up a novelization!

Im on it!! hehe

Woodstock
05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
On Fri. we sat in sec. 116 row 4 and Sat. we were on the floor sec. 3 row 4. Amazing seats both nights. I'm still going thru withdrawals and I really want to do one more concert SOON. In the past they have played San Jose and then come thru town again towards the end of the tour. I'm hoping. I'm watching seats for San Diego but nothing good yet.

TimothyBFan
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Im on it!! hehe

:yay: Yippeeeeeee!!

Prettymaid
05-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Woodstock, I can't remember if I've welcomed you to the board. Wecome! It's too bad you didn't find the message board before the show. Then you could have met the other Borderers!

05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Woodstock, many of us here know all about those withdrawals of which you speak - commonly known as PEW (post-Eagles withdrawal) around these parts. :wink: Glad you enjoyed the show and hope you get another chance to see the guys again.

Woodstock
05-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking around for some time now, I just don't post very often. It would have been nice to meet up before the concerts but I wouldn't have been able on either night. For the Friday show my girlfriend and I were cutting it close (her husband got home from work late) and for Sat. I was with my husband (need I say more) and a couple of friends. My husband just doesn't understand my Eagles addiction. The Eagles have been a part of my life long before my husband came into the picture but he doesn't get it. He'll go see them if they come to town but he doesn't understand why I have to go to ALL the shows and travel to see them. Believe me, if I was single I would see the Eagles a lot more often!!

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Glad you're posting now, Woodstock. Sounds like you had primo seats for Saturday! What an unforgettable experience, eh?

Brooke
05-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Welcome from me, too, WS. Just jump right in! Glad to have ya! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Holy crap - I was browsing Google and I noticed one of these pictures, which led to a little photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbuff/4607831737/in/photostream/) from our front row San Jose show (taken by someone else)! Oh, the memories... :inlove:

Our seats were just to the right of Glenn's mic, between Glenn and Joe.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Those are really good! I'm sure they brought back lots of memories. The one photo titled 'The Four Original Eagles' is incorrect, though. ;-)

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Ha, I didn't even catch that! Must have been too focused on something else...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Can't imagine what, Troub. I didn't notice it, either!

The pics were followed by some cute kitty pics. I was forgetting it wasn't pictures by any of us and thinking someone should put them in Petmania.

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
The pics were followed by some cute kitty pics. I was forgetting it wasn't pictures by any of us and thinking someone should put them in Petmania.

LOL, VA!

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Can't imagine what, Troub. I didn't notice it, either!

I saw the cute cat pictures, too.

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Nice!

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Holy crap - I was browsing Google and I noticed one of these pictures, which led to a little photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbuff/4607831737/in/photostream/) from our front row San Jose show (taken by someone else)! Oh, the memories... :inlove:

Our seats were just to the right of Glenn's mic, between Glenn and Joe.

I don't see anything when I click on photostream what am I doing wrong?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't see anything when I click on photostream what am I doing wrong?

It should open a new browser tab beside the current one, like any link you click on from here. Is it blank when it opens? Do you get an error message?

TimothyBFan
06-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Great find, Troub! The pictures of Joe just brought a big smile to my face. He's so fun!!!!

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Lovely pictures Troub! I hoe you get to see the boys again some time soon!

Brooke
06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Troub, great pics! And I loved the cute kitties too. Especially the light gray tiger, very different coloring!