PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3

sodascouts
01-12-2007, 10:50 PM
This is a thread for people to introduce themselves. While geared towards first-time posters, the veterans can post a bit about themselves, too! I'll start.

My name is Nancy. I'm currently a graduate student at Purdue University and I hope to get my PhD at the end of 2007. :: knocks on wood :: My area of interest is Renaissance Literature, although I have a secondary in Gender Studies. I also teach, edit, and tutor.

I was born in New Jersey but grew up in Texas. I live in Indiana now, and I love the changing seasons. I'm over 30 (no more details necessary there). I'm single, but I have a cat named Milton whom I adore!

I only got into the Eagles hard-core recently (June 2005, when I saw a Henley/Nicks show and was blown away). My other obsessions is Fleetwood Mac and I have a site dedicated to Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks as well as this one - BuckinghamNicks.net (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net). I haven't updated it in forever, though! I've been concentrating my efforts on GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com).

I welcome all newbies to The Border. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Edited to add: Here is a photo of me with WitchyMummy from June 2006. I'm the one with the Purdue shirt.

http://myspace-093.vo.llnwd.net/01013/39/06/1013896093_l.jpg

timfan
01-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi

My name Kath.

I'm in my late 20's. I attend college part-time where I am studying to become a social service worker. I love animals and have a cat named Midori who RULES this house! :D

I enjoy Scrapbooking working on the computer, the Eagles ( duhhh!),listening to music and playing cribbage.

Welcome to all new members of The Border! Have a great time :)

Freypower
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
My name is Julie. I was born in Newcastle, New South Wales. I got an Arts degree (English & History) from the Australian National University in Canberra. I have lived in Sydney since 1982.

I am married to an Englishman from Newcastle-upon-Tyne. We have an 8 year old daughter and a 40 kilo Akita (Japanese hunting dog) called Cal.

I worked in the Australian public service until 2003 and now I'm 'at home'.

As well as being devoted to the Eagles my other favourite music includes the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Dire Straits & Randy Newman. I also like films - mainly classic cinema, costume dramas & comedies. I follow football (soccer) with Liverpool FC and Rugby League with the Sydney Roosters. I am very interested in politics and I support the Australian Labor Party (so I'm on the 'left').

Welcome to all future Border newbies. :)

EasyFeeling
01-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi,

my name is Michaela, I'm 43 and the only non-English speaker here. I was born in Bremen, Northern Germany and I still live in Bremen (I have no idea why :? ) and work as a secretary in a steel company.

I'm not married and I don't have kids.
I love it to spend my time with my friends and family but also enjoy to be at home watching films or listening to music and hanging around on the Eagles message boards. My second obsession is Keith Urban, I just wanted to mention that. :wink:
I like films, escpecially science fiction, thriller, horror and comedians.

Ok, I don't have a current photo and this is about 2 years old.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Unbenannt-1.jpg

Welcome to all future newbies. :D

Billy
01-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi,I'm Billy.I am 45 yrs old.Been with my wife June,since we were 17.(married nearly 26 yrs)We have two adult daughters,and two grandsons.I have been a policeman,here in Scotland,for almost 27 yrs.
Away from,Eagles boards,i am a Celtic football club supporter,and try to play 5 aside football,to keep fit.
Been an eagles fan since the 70's,but like a lot of the new bands too.
This pic was taken around about our silver wedding(wedding pic,insert).

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/scotsbilly/family/nowandthen2.jpg

Randy's Girl
01-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Hello, my name is Liza, I'm still in my thirties and I live in Basingstoke, UK. I'm married with two daughters (aged 7 and 9). I work as a Senior Bookseller in our local bookshop.

As you may have guessed, I love Randy Meisner (and the Eagles too). I love Star Wars, music, reading and spending time on my computer.

My girls love music as much as I do, and they can identify all of the Eagles songs and who is singing lead vocal (a lot of adults can't do that!). And they adore Randy too!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/JANGO-1968/photo_24.jpg

Brooke
01-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi! I'm 50 and have been married to my high school sweethart for over 32 years. We have a grown daughter (29) and son (24). We have lived around this community in Missouri all of our lives. Our daughter has "broken out" and lives in Texas. Our son is in college 4 1/2 hours away, across the state. So, we are empty nesters and we like it, although, we miss them a lot.

I work for a utility company and have been there for 16 years. My office is only about 2 miles from home and there is only a gas station and school in the little town (besides about 85 homes and 2 churches).

My hubby and I listened to the Eagles on the radio when we were dating and he bought their first album in '73 and brought it to school and played it on a record player while we decorated the gym for prom. That was the beginning of my infatuation with them. I actually got Don's autograph on it when I met him in 2004! Don and Glenn are my favorites, but I love the rest of them, too!

Besides the Eagles, I like the CSN & Y, Stones, Aerosmith, John Mellencamp, Bob Seger, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Little Big Town, and Keith Urban.

I enjoy decorating our home, walking, and 'puting. I have a cat, Beyonce, which I love and hubby hates, so we kinda go round and round on that one!

Hubby is a carpenter. We built our home ourselves 9 years ago in our off hours. That was a lot of work!

I think it'd be cool if everyone would add their picture. It's nice to be able to "picture" people when you talk to them. Here's ours a little over a year ago:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/HPIM0647_102.jpg

Welcome all newbies!

tengo ritmo
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Hola, I'm Irene, I'm sixteen and live in the east (San Francisco) bay. I've loved the Eagles for about three years now. I love almost all music (other favorite artists include Juanes, the Rolling Stones, Jackson Browne, and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy), as well as photography, sports (I run track and play soccer), writing, and above all, languages.
I have two Golden Retrievers, Wendy and Bevy, and twin sisters who are fourteen.
Here is the most recent picture of my sisters and me, it was taken for our holiday card, hence the cheesy posing. I'm in the pink.
http://pics.livejournal.com/tengo_ritmo/pic/0006t56g.jpg

And I think it is absolutely fantastic that music can bring people from ALL OVER THE PLACE together like this, and that it's really interesting to read about everyone else, because I think the most fun part of a fan community is learning about the fans themselves.

Billy
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
WOW,shows you the impact of Eagles music
FANTASTIC

Freypower
01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the photos everyone... but I don't have my photo taken often so I won't be posting one for a while. :blush:

Brooke
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey, thanks everyone that added their photos! You guys are all lookin' good! :D

DonFan
01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi-
My name is Dana. I have an English degree with a Journalism minor from the University of Alabama and I work as a freelance writer. I write for The Birmingham News, Birmingham Parent, and various other magazines and industry publications.

My hubby is a CPA so I am a "tax widow" until April 15 each year. We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary this May. We have two daughters--Rachel, 18, is a senior in high school and a music-lover like me. She sings in the choir at church with me--I am an alto and she is a soprano--and she also shares my passion for bands and totally understands my devotion to the Eagles. She is planning to study photo-journalism at the Unversity of Montevallo this fall. Christina is almost 15 and a freshman in high school. She is tall & thin and adores fashion and may be a model one day.

Here is my picture--I am holding Rachel's guitar--sorry it is sideways but I don't know how to turn pictures in Photobucket!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/dcrisson/STA70239.jpg

glenneaglesfan
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi, I'm Kate. I was born in Devon in the south west of England, and have lived in a small village near Plymouth since 1987. I am married with two sons aged 18 and 16, and two cats. My older son is now living in Plymouth, where he is at university. I have a degree in medicine and now work part-time in a hospital for older people.

I have enjoyed the Eagles' music since university days in the mid seventies, but my current obsession was reawakened two years ago, when I bought Complete Greatest Hits and started putting names and faces to the voices, especially that of Mr Frey. Now I am smitten! I like a lot of other music, mainly classic rock - Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Jethro Tull, Genesis etc.

Apart from music, I like travel, birdwatching and swimming. We used to have a camper van and in 1999 we took the boys out of school for three months and toured Europe. We've also visited Florida, Oman (in the Middle East), and frequently cross on the ferry to France.

This is me well away from the edge of a 1000 foot canyon in Oman.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Photo12_13.jpg

It's great seeing yor photos, thanks everyone!

Perfect Little Sister
01-16-2007, 02:14 PM
This is great! I love getting learning a bit more about y'all and seeing the pics. Guess I'll jump in.

My name is Lissa. (short for Melissa) I'd tell you my age, but Momma taught me not to us the "F" word. :D I'm a fourth generation Californian. I've lived here all my life with the exception of my teen years. I spent those in Arizona. I have three sons, ages 25, 20 and almost 16, and a daughter, 14. I used to work as a photographer, which I loved, until I injured my back. Which explains my obsession with pictures. lol I have been an Eagles fan forever. I can't remember a time when I didn't listen to them. I think the HFO era really got me going. I also listen to Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac, Sammy Hagar, Skynyrd...you name it. I also enjoy country music, classical, some jazz...I have a pretty broad musical appreciation. The only thing I don't like is some of today's music where they have to "bleep" out every other word. I have met some really great people thru my Eagles fandom and am looking forward to, perhaps, meeting more of you on the next tour.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/DSCN4445-1.jpg

EasyFeeling
01-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I really enjoy reading about you and looking at all these nice photos. :D
It's funny it seems to me I know you all for ages. :D

DonFan
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I feel the same way, EF--like I have known y'all for ages!

Brooke
01-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, me too! :D

sodascouts
01-16-2007, 04:38 PM
It's true for me, too. I guess that's what community's about! And it's so great that the Eagles can bring us all together like this, as Irene said.

freyfanatic
01-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Hello, my name is Kristina and I'm an eighteen year old from Idalou, Texas. It's about 12 miles NE of Lubbock, the home town of Buddy Holly. I graduated high school last yr. and now I'm employed in a ware house that ships supplies out to local stores.

I've been in love with the Eagles for some time now, and I was inspired to play the drums :drummer: by no other than Mr. Don Henley. Not only do I play drums but I also play guitar, mostly acustic. If you ask me to play you a song you will hear the opening notes to PEF,TIE,LWKUA, and TS. :rockguitar:

Besides the Eagles music I'm into any other 70's genre band, except the Rolling Stones. I love to go dancing, I dance Tejano, Country, and Old Skool Jams...

Oh, I LOVE GLENN FREY!!!

sodascouts
01-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I know I already welcomed you, but I wanted to say thanks for introducing yourself. I had forgotten Buddy Holly came from Lubbock!

Perfect Little Sister
01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey Kristina! Welcome to The Border!

DonFan
01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Welcome, Kristina! You have the same name as my youngest daughter, but we spell it Christina.

Maleah
01-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Sweet! You play drums Kristina?! That's awesome, I wish I could. lol At the moment I'm trying to learn guitar (or more like I'm trying to teach myself lol) and I want to learn the bass, acoustic, and the electric. lol And the drums....and the keyboards..... ;) lol

hmm come to think of it, I don't think I've ever "introduced" myself on here. So here goes! :D

My name is Maleah and I'm 23 years old. I'm from North Dakota and I battle mild depression over missing the Eagles concert here two years ago. :? lol just kidding....kinda ;)

I just finished my two year degree in Information Processing and am taking some time off from college to try and pay off my car and some other stuff.......so I'm working at wal-mart or the time being. If I ever meet Don I will tell him that he's the only thing that saved me from insanity there..............because.....in case you don't know, we have the F1 dvd playing nonstop there on three big screens and 5 smaller LCD screens. We've had this going since October.......love it :D

ANYWAY.......obviously from my above statements you know that I've never seen the Eagles in concert and it scares me a little bit that they might not come close enough again for me to see them before they retire/quit/whatever you want to call it. Obviously you can tell that Don H. is my fav. but I love all the guys a lot. I love the raspiness in Don's voice! *sigh* :D

Let's see...........what else might be interesting about me.........ooo ooo I got to go to Nashville (which I've wanted to go to since I was a little kid for some reason) this past June for a college national competion. A classmate and I were competing in Desktop Publishing and Web Design. Unfortunately we didn'tplace in DP......we were a little rushed into putting together our designs :? But we placed 5th in WD which was pretty cool. We got to stay in the Gaylord Opryland hotel which was SWEET!!!

Ok this is getting long I guess and I really haven't told you anything important about myself! :laugh:

How about.......I have 1 sister (43), two brothers (41 and 28 ), my mom died when I was 12 of a heart attack, my dad is a livesaver and super cool! lol

A random fact........I always wanted to be in a band/music group growing up.......ala the Eagles.........and I love to sing....but unfortunately I'm a big ole chicken. :D

Anything else I should add to make this post REALLY long? :D :D :D hehe

glenneaglesfan
01-25-2007, 04:38 AM
It's great to read a bit about all of you. Freyfanatic, I'll add a welcome here as well. It's so good to know that the Eagles are gathering new younger fans. Maleah, it must be very cool having an older brother and sister, and a baby brother!

Maleah
01-25-2007, 11:30 AM
It's great to read a bit about all of you. Freyfanatic, I'll add a welcome here as well. It's so good to know that the Eagles are gathering new younger fans. Maleah, it must be very cool having an older brother and sister, and a baby brother!

ROTFLOL GEF.............I'm such an idiot lol That WOULD be very cool...........except I don't have a baby brother that's 2! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I scrolled back up and saw that I had tried to put 28 but for some reason it made the smiley :laugh:

Sorry about that :D

sodascouts
01-25-2007, 12:32 PM
It's so interesting reading these. Maleah, thanks for sharing that with us.

EasyFeeling
01-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I scrolled back up and saw that I had tried to put 28 but for some reason it made the smiley :laugh:

I was about to ask for that. :wink: I also wanted to thank for sharing.
Nashville?!? :shock: Tell us the truth! :twisted:

timfan
01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks Maleah and Kristina for sharing a bit about yourselves! Its really neat getting to know everyone better :D

Maleah
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I scrolled back up and saw that I had tried to put 28 but for some reason it made the smiley :laugh:

I was about to ask for that. :wink: I also wanted to thank for sharing.
Nashville?!? :shock: Tell us the truth! :twisted:

The truth?? :D About what? nashville? hehe Well.........we went to the Wildhorse Saloon and learned a line dance :laugh:

Billy
01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
keep up the bass playing,Maleah.That's were the money is :wink:

Witchy Mummy
01-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Great thread, guys 8) Hi and welcome to all the newbies.

Okay here's mine.....

My name is Elsbeth, I'm 25 years old, I'm married and I have two beautiful little boys. Joshua is 4 and Cian is 21 months. My husband is Gary (who I have successfully converted into an Eagles fan and he likes some of Glenn's solo work too...yay!), we live in London and we have been married for just two years. I was born in Wales, but didn't stay there for long. My dad was in the Royal Air Force so we moved every two years. My heart lies in the north east of England where my Dad comes from. I support Newcastle United Football Club and I love most sports. I have just started to get into Rugby, although the rules still confuse me it's a great game to watch. I also love lots of different types of music, going to the pictures with hubby, reading, going for walks, spending time with my kids and of course the Eagles. I have liked the Eagles for as long as I can remember, although I only became obsessed about a year and a half ago when Toonie (my sister) introduced me to the F1 DVD and the rest is history!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/Witchymummy/meandthekids.jpg

Here's a picture of me and the kids. It was taken last October.

Z
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
WM -- so good to see you! That is a great picture. You're right about the boys growing up so quickly, but they are still adorable.

Perfect Little Sister
01-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh my goodness WM...the poopers are getting sooooo big!!!!

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM

ROTFLOL GEF.............I'm such an idiot lol That WOULD be very cool...........except I don't have a baby brother that's 2! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I scrolled back up and saw that I had tried to put 28 but for some reason it made the smiley :laugh:

ROFL, Maleah!!! I wonder what your brother would think of me assuming he was 2!!

WM, great to hear from you again, and that's a lovely pictures of you and the little ones!

timfan
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
WM that is fantastic pic of you and the boys. :D They sure do grow up fast!

Please say Hi to Joshua and Cian for me! :bye:

EasyFeeling
01-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey WM, that's a lovely picture of you and your boys. :D Wow, you're so young and already a mom of 2 kids. 8)

Freypower
01-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Welcome back WM. That is a beautiful photo.

Witchy Mummy
01-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks girls 8)

Molly
01-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Kristina and Maleah, thanks for sharing with us. It's nice to get to know everyone a better.

Elsbeth, welcome back! You're boys are sooooo adorable! <sigh>. When I was 25 -my boys were just about the same age as your boys now! That picture is really taking me back! <sigh again>

Brooke
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Just wanted to add my welcome to you, too, Kristina! This is a great place!

And I noticed you couldn't post a 2-8 either. My daughter is 2-8 and I kept getting the cool smiley, so I said she was 29 which she will be in April! :D

And WM, your boys are so adorable! My how they have grown! :D

Witchy Mummy
01-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks Brooke and Molly :)

DonFan
01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Awww, WM, your boys are so cute. What a big grin on the oldest one's face! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
01-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Welcome again to the board Kristina. I hope you will have a blast here.

And WM, let me just add to what everyone else said. My, my how the boys are growing so fast. Before you know it, they'll be old enough where mom will be chasing the girls away. :wink:

Witchy Mummy
01-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Thanks gals! :D Joshua is the master of cheesy grins!

And WM, let me just add to what everyone else said. My, my how the boys are growing so fast. Before you know it, they'll be old enough where mom will be chasing the girls away. :wink:

:shock: I'll just get the photos and home videos out! :twisted:

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Cuyler, but you can just call me "KC". Glad to be here, and hope to become more acquainted with all of you soon!

P.S. I'm a male, by the way. People always confuse me as a woman because of my usernames. :roll:

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi

My name is Kathryn (nickname is Kath :D ). I'm from Ontario, Canada.

I'm in my late 20's. I attend college part-time where I am studying to become a social service worker. I love animals and have a cat named Midori who RULES this house! :D

I enjoy Scrapbooking working on the computer, the Eagles ( duhhh!),listening to music and playing cribbage.

this pic was taken just prior to the San Jose concert!

Welcome to all new members of The Border! Have a great time :)
Hey, Kath, thanks for joining my group on Yahoo!

timfan
01-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Welcome KC. :) Hope you enjoy it here

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
:blush:

Thanks, Kath!

Just to let everyone else on the Border know, I have both a Carpenters group and an Eagles group on Yahoo! I think you all would be great contributors, and I'd be honored if any one of you decided to join.

If you want the links, just PM me. :P Thanks!

Maleah
01-28-2007, 11:13 PM

ROFL, Maleah!!! I wonder what your brother would think of me assuming he was 2!!

Oh he's used to it :D We tell him that he acts like he's 2 all the time ;)

And Billy........I'm sure planning on it! Maybe someday when The eagles are 75, I'll be in a band playing their music ;) :laugh:

EasyFeeling
01-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Welcome to The Border, KC. :)

Molly
01-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi KC, and welcome!

Witchy Mummy
01-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi KC! Welcome to the Border :D

01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
A big welcome from me too, KC. Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

tbs fanatic
02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi - I've just got around to this I'm tbs fanatic. A special prize goes to the one who can guess my favorite Eagle :D Most of you I've met on other sites but 'Hi again' anyway.

timfan
02-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi Tbsfanatic!! I'm glad you've joined us here!

I think I can figure out who your fav is... can you figure out who MINE is? :P

Anyway welcome to the Border! :D

It's great to have another Timmy-fan to hang out with, talking about a certain long haired bass player of course! 8) 8)

Randy's Girl
02-19-2007, 05:00 PM
A certain, long-haired bass player? Hmmm, wonder who that could be? Could it be my Mr Meisner? :wink:

Freypower
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Welcome TBSF.

tbs fanatic
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the Welcome.

Noooo RG - I don't mean Randy :roll: :D

sodascouts
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome from me, too, TBS Fanatic!

Randy's Girl
02-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Noooo RG - I don't mean Randy :roll: :D

Ahh, tbs, you're just in denial :wink: One day, one day ..... :D

Molly
02-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome, tbs fanatic!

glenneaglesfan
02-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Welcome , TBS fanatic! I hope you will enjoy it here!

Billy
02-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi - I've just got around to this I'm tbs fanatic. A special prize goes to the one who can guess my favorite Eagle :D Most of you I've met on other sites but 'Hi again' anyway.

Hey,you.....welcome Jill.

tbs fanatic
02-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey Billy, I got your Jamie Oliver e-mail but I'm feeling guilty :?

Glennsallnighter
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi gals, I guess I should have introduced myself before now but only came across this thread yesterday! My name is Lisa, as you can see I'm from Ireland and I'm married with 2 kids. I'm a teacher but am on career break while the kids are young. I love music both to play and listen to. I can play keyboards and accoustic guitar to I suppose a respectable level. I also love sport particularly tennis and rugby. I have always liked the Eagles music but was completely bowled over by a certain Mr Glenn Frey during their recent Dublin gig and am totally in love with him :iloveyou: although I know its only fantasy!!

I think its a fantastic idea to see people of all ages from all over the world getting together to share a common interest and also to support each other. Long Live The Border

03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome again - GAN. It is great to have the Irish represented here on The Border. It's a great place to have some fun and learn stuff about the band. I have been an Eagles fan from the very beginning and love all the guys in the band. However, the first time I saw them live was in 2003, and then saw them again in March, 2005. I was very excited to see them live both times, but I didn't have great seats. However, like you, I had my mind totally blown away by a certain Mr. Frey after seeing him up close at the Oakland concert in Oct., 2005. I made up my mind that I was going to get great seats for this show. Sitting right in front of Glenn, I was almost immediately captivated. I was trying to pay attention to the other guys, but my eyes kept going back to Glenn. During the second half of the show, I don't think I ever took my eyes off of him. I had it bad! :shock: :wink: This is a good place to come and share our love.

sodascouts
03-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Welcome GA! We're glad to have you here. My adoration of Glenn also accelerated when seeing him live, except it was on bootlegs. Still, I was captivated! Then I saw the real deal in 2005... I was lost. ;)

timfan
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Welcome GA!! :D Hope you enjoy your time here!!

and btw love your AV!!! SEXY!!! 8)

glenneaglesfan
03-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Hello again, Lisa. It's great that you have found The Border, and it's nice to have someone else this side of the Atlantic! You may have already gathered that I am completely smitten by Mr Frey also. I went to three concerts last year, armed with binoculars, and although I love the other band members too, I could hardly drag my eyes away from Glenn. <sighhh> :smitten:

Perfect Little Sister
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
A belated welcome from me, too, GA. I hope you have lots of fun here. Isn't it great how the Eagles can bring us together from all parts of the world and across generations to share the love of such wonderful music? I have met some really great people this way.

These proclamations of Glenn-love make me think we need a new thread to share the story of how we came to love the Eagles and perhaps admire one of the guys a little bit extra.

SweetHolly
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I think it's time for me to finally introduce myself here and to start posting. My name is Holly. I live in Dallas, Texas. I'm 25 and I'll be 26 in August. I've lived in Dallas my entire life. I've been a fan of the Eagles my whole life. I first got into Don's solo stuff and then I became an Eagles fan. In the past couple of years I've also become a fan of Glenn and Timothy's solo stuff. I also am now getting into Randy and Joe's solo stuff. I am also a fan of Poco and of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. I am a big fan of music btw. I also like Toto and the Beatles a lot too. I'm also a fan of sports mostly professional sports. I love NHL )(hockey), MLB (baseball), and NBA (basketball). I'm really glad to have found this site and can't wait to meet all y'all and talk about the greatest band in the whole world and their music and their solo stuff too!

sodascouts
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome, Holly! :)

Perfect Little Sister
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome to The Border, Holly! Sounds like you have great taste in music. :wink:

timfan
03-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Welcome Holly! :) Sounds like between music and sports you have lots of interests. I look forward to discussing these with you in more depth :D .

Brooke
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Welcome to The Border Holly! Glad to have ya! :D

freyfanatic
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey welcome Holly!!!! :D

03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Welcome from me too, Holly. Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We may be small, but there are some great people here.

SweetHolly
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for welcoming me y'all. I know I'll enjoy it here and I can't wait to get to know y'all better! :D

Freypower
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I also hope you enjoy it here, Holly.

Maleah
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Well howdy stranger :D

SweetHolly
03-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Well howdy stranger :D
Howdy Maleah! :D

glenneaglesfan
03-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Welcome to the Border, Holly! Hope you have a lot of fun here.

Randy's Girl
03-14-2007, 05:58 AM
Hey Holly, nice to see you here too. :D

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Welcome from me too Holly. Hope you enjoy the Border, its addictive! :D

EasyFeeling
03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey Holly, nice to see you here. :D

DonFan
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome from me too, Holly! :)

SweetHolly
03-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes y'all! It's great to see some familiar people on here! It is very addictive here! :D 8) :wink:

badkitty33
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey! Well, a lot of you already know me (as I know quite a few of you!). But, I'll introduce myself for those of you who may not know me.

I'm Badkitty! Yeah, that's right! Emphasis on baaaad! At home I'm known as Nancy, Mom or Red (my husband's pet name for me -- get in line for barfbags).

Anyway, I'm married with three kids, (four if you count my husband), three cats (I adore them) and I also adore Randy Meisner!!! I've loved him since I was 17 (and believe me, that's a loooong time!!).

My taste in music runs the gamut. You name it, from A to Z, I love so many bands and different types of music. It's probably easier to say what I don't like: country, hardcore jazz, ... I guess that's about it! My favorite decades are '70s and '80s. I do like some stuff from the '50s, '60s, some '90s up to today. I love heavy metal (Metallica, Rammstein, Korn), pop/rock (Beatles, Chicago, Journey) and just good old fashioned straight ahead rock-n-roll!!! Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, Def Leppard, ELO, ELP (progressive) (notice I'm going in alphabetical order -- I'll stop here -- the list is endless!!!). Oh, and, obviously, the Eagles!!

It's good to be here. Seems like a fun place.

Oh yeah, and I also love Reggae. Speaking of which, has anyone heard Ziggy Marley's version of Hotel California? It is soooo cool. If you haven't ever heard it, I highly recommend. If you have Limewire, you can download it there -- that's where I got it.

SweetHolly
03-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Hi BadKitty! It's great to have you here. :wink:

badkitty33
03-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Well thank you Holly!

Hey, I happened to notice you and I got here on the same day! Coincidence? I think not! 8)

Brooke
03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome badkitty! Glad to have ya! You're gonna like it here! :wave:

badkitty33
03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Thank you Brooke! I already do like it here! I feel right at home. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a010.gif

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, welcome from me too :D Hope you're enjoying yourself!

badkitty33
03-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh I am for sure, GAN, I am for sure!!! 8) Thank you!!!

03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Another welcome from me, BK. Hope you love it here on The Border.

timfan
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
And yet another welcome from me BK! :D We're glad you've joined in the fun that is THE BORDER!! :P

badkitty33
03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Thank you both! I am enjoying myself immensely in this place you call THE BORDER!!! Love it, love it! 8)

sodascouts
03-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I want to welcome both Holly and BK officially! Great to have you guys!

Maleah
03-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Hola! :D

Freypower
03-31-2007, 12:13 AM
And a belated welcome from me, BK.

glenneaglesfan
03-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome from me, too, BK. Hope you have fun here!

badkitty33
03-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Thank you Madam Administrator (Soda) and everyone else for your warm welcomes! As I said -- it's great to be here. I look forward to lots of fun and crazy interactions with everybody!!! 8)

sodascouts
03-31-2007, 01:14 PM
"Madam Administrator"! I feel so important now, thanks! ;)

badkitty33
03-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Don't know what made me think of that! Just popped into my head and I went with it!!! 8) You're welcome! It fits!

SweetHolly
04-02-2007, 05:46 AM
:D
Good one BK! Thanks for the warm welcomes y'all!

badkitty33
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Liked that did you SH? Thanks! 8)

SweetHolly
04-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Liked that did you SH? Thanks! 8)
Yes ma'am, I sure did like it! :D
You're welcome! 8)

Selena
05-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello there everyone! Some of you may remember me but if not, my name is Selena and I am a long time Eagles fan from Melbourne, Australia. My fav Eagle is the lovely Mr Henley although they are all fabulous and I can't wait to hear this new album whenever its due....(is it still June??). I have a very busy life so I know I won't get as much time as I would like to stop by here but I am very glad to be here now :)

(and Soda, great work here girl 8) )

timfan
05-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Welcome Selena. We're glad you've joined us! :D

Did you see the Eagles in concert in Melbourne? I have been to 3 Eagles concerts and am hoping to get to more whenever the album is released!!

Selena
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Hiya timfan! Yes I seen them once down here in Melbourne (well twice if you count the afternoon 5 song dvd taping show) and also seen them in Salinas California which was fabulous, and met the lovely Dana which was an added bonus :) . I imagine that they will tour down here again at some stage so will be looking forward to that.

Freypower
05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
G'day Selena. It's nice to have you here. :D

sodascouts
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Selena! It's been forever! So glad to see you!!

SweetHolly
05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Selena! :D

05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
OMG Selena - Welcome from me too. I'm so glad to see you over here and hope you enjoy yourself on The Border. Hope you will be able to check in every now to keep in touch. It's a great board, isn't it. It is lots of fun with lots of great people.

DonFan
05-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi girl!
Good to hear from you again--so glad you are here!

Brooke
05-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Welcome Selena! Glad to have ya! :D

Maleah
05-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Hola and welcome!!!!!!!!!!! :D Great to see you here!

glenneaglesfan
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi, Selena, it's very nice to hear from you again!

EasyFeeling
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi Selena, welcome to The Border. :D

Randy's Girl
05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Selena, am I correct in thinking you are a Springsteen fan? Or is my memory playing tricks? :D Glad you're here anyway!

Perfect Little Sister
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
A (very) belated welcome to Bad Kitty and to Selena! Sorry I haven't made nice sooner. Sometimes life just gets in the way. :D

Selena
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Selena, am I correct in thinking you are a Springsteen fan? Or is my memory playing tricks? :D Glad you're here anyway!

No your memory is not playing tricks, you're spot on RG! Bruce is my number 1 love and he is also working on a new album which will be released later this year, very very exciting news indeed! This will then lead to a tour and I am hoping he will come back down to Australia early next year and of course, I will follow him around the country and see every show he does (I've started saving already lol!). If he doesn't come down, well I will travel up to the northern hemisphere to see him just like I did in 2003 & 2005 (and hopefully can catch an Eagles show too whilst I'm there like I did in 2005) . I :heart: Bruce....sigh....

And thanks for the welcome's everyone, great to be here :)

Randy's Girl
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I truly hope Bruce comes to the UK again (with the E-Street Band). I would love to see him again. Such an amazing performer! Can't wait. What did you think of the Seeger Sessions, Selena?

glenneaglesfan
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a great 18 page interview with Bruce from Uncut magazine September 2002. If you don't have it, Selena (or anyone else), I'll be glad to scan it in and send it to you.

Hubby has seen him live, before we met. Born In The USA was one of the albums that sustained us through our first months of marriage, when he was dispatched down to the Falklands.

Glennsallnighter
05-12-2007, 06:03 AM
A belated Hiya from me too Selena, and I love Brucie as well, tho' Glenn :heart: Frey is my number 1. Enjoy yourself :)

Selena
05-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I truly hope Bruce comes to the UK again (with the E-Street Band). I would love to see him again. Such an amazing performer! Can't wait. What did you think of the Seeger Sessions, Selena?
I thought it was ok, nothing earth shattering but as usual with Bruce, the live shows were fantastic from the reports I had from friends who seen them. Sadly I didn't see a show, my timing was out only by 2 weeks this time last year when I was in London & then Paris for work :( .

I have a great 18 page interview with Bruce from Uncut magazine September 2002. If you don't have it, Selena (or anyone else), I'll be glad to scan it in and send it to you.

Hubby has seen him live, before we met. Born In The USA was one of the albums that sustained us through our first months of marriage, when he was dispatched down to the Falklands.

Hey GEF, thanks for the offer but I think I have that one somewhere amongst all my Bruce stuff (I have far too much of it really...). Cute story about BITUSA, he looked so hot back then...well actually he still does imo :wink:

Randy's Girl
05-13-2007, 09:47 AM
You're right, he does still look hot, not bad for an almost 58 year old, and his energy is amazing.

Mrs Frey
05-15-2007, 07:05 AM
You know, I've been posting messages on the Border for about two months now, and I only see this thread now! :roll: :blush: How silly of me (or maybe it's just that I don't have a lot of time to browse through everything! :( ).

Belatedly, I will introduce myself (although I've divulged some of this information elsewhere on the site! :D ). My name is Monique and I am 30 years old. I've been an Eagles fan since the middle of 2004, when an Eagles fan friend of mine, who is also my bandmate, lent me his "Eagles: Greatest Hits 1971-1975" album, so that I could prepare the music of "Tequila Sunrise" for our band repertoire. By that time I knew "Hotel California", "Take It Easy" and "Lying Eyes", and enjoyed the songs, but when I heard "Tequila Sunrise", I was so impressed that I proceeded to listen to the rest of the album, and played it continuously over a period of time, until I reckoned it was time to return the CD to my friend and buy my own copy!

Thereafter, their "Greatest Hits Volume 2" album followed, and I was hooked. Unfortunately, I never had an opportunity to see them on television or video/DVD, and I hadn't really seen any pictures of them to write home about.

On the fateful day of 11 February 2007, when I viewed the "Hell Freezes Over" DVD at another friend's house, I was enchanted by the beauty and talent of Glenn Frey :heart:, and the very next day, I did an internet search, and found GFO! :D :D :D I have visited this site almost daily since then (except weekends, when I have no Board access :( ) in the mornings before work and during lunchtimes, as I now am a true Eagles fanatic, and completely and incurably in love with Glenn :heart:! I have since expanded my Eagles albums collection, and begun my Glenn :heart: solo collection, and I just love him more with every album I hear and every picture I see. The man is incredibly handsome, as well as being such a breathtaking talent. The voice, the guitar and keyboard skills, the songwriting abilities, the acting talent... is there anything he cannot do? :shock: And that is not to mention his captivating and loveable personality, and his intelligence. :heart:

And I owe all my newfound knowledge and fanaticism to Nancy (Soda) for setting up this website. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :D :D :D I have enjoyed it so much thus far, and will continue to do so. I love reading everyone's posts, and I've gone through everyone's introductions today, which was very interesting. You are all great, and welcome to everyone who joined after I did, and I didn't welcome you. SORRY! :( Oops, this is getting very long, so briefly, my other obsessions, musically speaking, are Elvis Presley :heart: (I've been a fan for 21 years!) and The Beatles :heart: (a fan for 17 years). Glenn :heart: has of late been competing with them for bedroom wall space! :D :blush:

I also enjoy my band, and I play acoustic rhythm guitar and sing lead vocals. I'm in my second gigging band now, and have been a part-time musician for four years. My day job is in administration.

I love sport, and enjoy cricket, rugby and tennis, as well as cycling.

Okay, that's enough! (Phew!) I look forward to more GFO, and all the other new and exciting sites for the other Eagles that have just been set up. Well done, girls - you are all amazing!!! :D :D :D

One last thing: THE EAGLES NEED TO VISIT SOUTH AFRICA!!!

Brooke
05-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Wow, Mrs Frey, you have truly blossomed into a wonderful Glenn and the Eagles fan! We're glad you found us here and thoroughly enjoy your witty posts! Carry on! :D

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2007, 04:12 PM
And Mrs F an "Official" welcome from me wouldn't go amiss either :D :rofl: And your absolutely right, the Eagles do need to visit SA, or I imagine even Glenn :heart: would do as a compromise :smitten: Enjoy!

SweetHolly
05-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the board!!!

05-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Well Mrs. F - An official welcome from me as well, and thank you for that introduction. It sounds like you manage to keep yourself very busy. I must say you have exquisite taste. :wink:

We are glad you made your way to The Border and hope you have a blast here. Be careful not to get your brained "Frey-ed" while here. :shock: :D

Mrs Frey
05-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Wow, Mrs Frey, you have truly blossomed into a wonderful Glenn and the Eagles fan! We're glad you found us here and thoroughly enjoy your witty posts! Carry on! :D

Aw, thank you, Brooke! I'm glad to be here. :D :D I don't think anybody has considered my writing "witty" before, so thank you for that. It really warmed my heart! :D :D :D

Mrs Frey
05-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Well Mrs. F - An official welcome from me as well, and thank you for that introduction. It sounds like you manage to keep yourself very busy. I must say you have exquisite taste. :wink:

We are glad you made your way to The Border and hope you have a blast here. Be careful not to get your brained "Frey-ed" while here. :shock: :D

Well, thank you, Dreamer, for the welcome and that compliment about my taste. I got a lot of stick at school for being into Elvis :heart: and the Beatles :heart:, but hey, it was their loss, though, wasn't it? :twisted:

I'm already having a blast here, thanks. I must tell you, the bit about getting my brain "Frey-ed" was a stroke of genius! :rofl: That really made my day! :D Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint :twisted:), there's no hope for my brain. It's already "Frey-ed". :rofl: It's all Glenn's :heart: fault. As his punishment, he'll have to come to South Africa and give me a private concert for my 31st birthday. Glenn :heart:, are you reading this? :wink:

Thanks for your welcome, SweetHolly. And GA - you are a very naughty girl... :rofl:

Sexy Girl
05-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Hello!!

My name is Mag (Margaret) and I registered here only yesterday.

I have been reading this board already for a while and it’s so fantastic, I decided to join you though I have little time. But it looks like a lot of fun here :D :D .

I share my time between the US (SLC/Utah) and Switzerland where I was born. Once I married an American but that’s history :evil: .
I work as a freelance headhunter for engineers and computer geeks, so this includes a lot of travelling and takes a lot of time.

The Eagles have always been one of my favorite bands though unfortunately I was too young to see them live in the 70s.
Of course this has changed – I was lucky enough to see them several times :P .

Glenn is my absolute favorite Eagle, I love his talents and looks, and I became the most dedicated fan after meeting him a while ago – such a cute guy :heart: . But you know that already as I can tell from your posts :D .

Hope to find enough time to check in here on a regular basis, I wouldn’t want to miss a thing!!

DonFan
05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Welcome, Mag!
My favorite Eagle is Don (as you can tell from my av) but ALL the guys are fantastic. We love talking about them here and we are all anxiously awaiting their new album and tour.

We are glad you have found us!

Maleah
05-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Welcome Mag! We're glad to have ya! 8)

Randy's Girl
05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Welcome from me too, Mag! You're gonna love it here!

05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Welcome from me as well, Mag. We are glad you found us, and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. You must tell us all about your meeting with Glenn. We want DETAILS! :D :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
[quote="Sexy Girl"]
Glenn is my absolute favorite Eagle, I love his talents and looks, and I became the most dedicated fan after meeting him a while ago – such a cute guy :heart: . But you know that already as I can tell from your posts :D .

Welcome, Mag! :D It's great that you've joined us. I am so jealous that you've met Sugar :heart: (Glenn - I'm sure you've picked up on that pet name we have for him!) :mrgreen: :wink:. And I also want details! Good grief, I just wish he (and the Eagles) would visit South Africa (I know, I'm being repetitive here, but perhaps I am driving the idea home! :D :D :wink: )

Brooke
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome to The Border Mag! You'll find lots of Glenn lovers here and I must agree with dreamer and Mrs Frey.....we definitely need to hear all about your meeting with Glenn! That's awesome! 8) Hope you have time to visit us again soon!

SweetHolly
05-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Welcome Mag!

Glennsallnighter
05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Mrs Frey, you know just how naughty I can be.... :twisted:
And Mag welcome to the board...Glenn :heart: is my favourite Eagle too. I'm Sooo..oooo.. in love with him its unreal :inlove:

glenneaglesfan
05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey, Monique, a belated welcome from me, and nice to hear a bit more about you! Just remind me, which is your favourite Eagle? :wink: :)

Welcome also to you, Mag, and I do hope you will be able to post here often and have some fun! Btw, I adore your avatar - I had exactly the same av myself during Pebble beach this year - it's one of my all time favourites, Glenn and Tiger and their gorgeous smiles! :D

timfan
05-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome To The Border Mag!! :D . We have lots of fun here; so join right in!! 8)

Freypower
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
My official welcome to MF & first welcome to Mag.

Mag, you are one of the handful of fans who has actually MET Mr Frey. We want to know where, how, etc. 8) It's good to have you here at The Border.

Mrs Frey
05-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Mrs Frey, you know just how naughty I can be.... :twisted:
And Mag welcome to the board...Glenn :heart: is my favourite Eagle too. I'm Sooo..oooo.. in love with him its unreal :inlove:

You and me both, GA... :inlove: :smitten: :heart:

Mrs Frey
05-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Hey, Monique, a belated welcome from me, and nice to hear a bit more about you! Just remind me, which is your favourite Eagle? :wink: :)

:rofl: That's a tough one, there, Kate! :wink: Thanks for your welcome, and it was nice to read more about you, too! By the way, I think I've mentioned this, but it bears mentioning again: I have trouble not staring at your avatar... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, Glenn :heart: looks so gorgeous there... :smitten: It's "The Long Run" era, right? :D

Thank you, too, FP, for your official welcome.

Mag, don't keep us in suspense with the details of your meeting with Sugar :heart: now, you hear? :wink:

sodascouts
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Welcome, Mag - I took can't wait to hear about that meeting! I love your avatar, by the way, and the name you chose.

And of course, welcome to you too, Mrs. F! I'm glad you enjoy the site. Thanks for the compliments!

Sexy Girl
05-21-2007, 06:38 AM
First of all let me thank you all for the warm welcome here. It’s been so nice to read through all your posts :D :D .

Glenneaglesfan, I love that picture in my avatar so much cause Glenn was wearing something very similar when I met him back in 2004.
And thank you Nancy for the compliments on my user name :D

I’ve been in Austria and Italy for six days to combine business and pleasure, so there was no time to post a thing. Big life, you know :wink:

As some of you wanted to know where I met Glenn: I was on vacation in Hawaii in the summer of 2004 together with my best friend Jean. We cruised the islands in a rental car, stayed wherever we liked for sightseeing and hiking. When we were in a village on Big Island they had a small music festival (rather like a village fair) there, something local, so we decided to have a look.

I went to get something to drink for us while Jean was finding a place to stand. I was waiting for our drinks when a guy next to me ordered, too. That was so funny, I only heard his voice and instantly turned my head and asked “Glenn Frey?” at the same time – this was so embarrassing, but it just happened. I was so glad he cracked a smile when he asked my name and asked whether we had met before.

So I told him my name and said I just recognized his voice – so amazing, but this voice is unique :grooving: .
There was some short chit chat about being on vacation, he said he was on vacation too :P . And when I asked him about his Hawaiian home he whispered “don’t tell anybody”. I thought that this would be the end of our conversation and wanted to grab my drinks when Cindy came up to Glenn to help with his drinks and Glenn went “meet my wife Cindy” :shock: :D – what a nice thing to do and such a nice lady, she at once asked where I came from, and we chatted while carrying our drinks – it was unbelievable.

It must’ve been my lucky day, really, it turned out that Jean was standing right next to Glenn’s kids and a guy who had taken care of little Otis. The guy turned out to be the Frey family’s bodyguard. I had never thought about it but later I learned that he indeed had a job to do 8) .

Anyway, Jean and I had a wonderful time talking to Cindy and Glenn, and there also was some short chit chat with Taylor and Deacon. Btw Taylor is a real beauty, at least she was in 2004, I never saw any recent picture of her.

About an hour later they decided to leave, Otis was too little to be at a village fair for so long. We said bye, and Glenn said something like “see you next time in Hawaii”, so very cute :heart: . And with a kiss on the cheek he left both of us in a daze for the rest of the day – OK, and some more days to come :heart: :heart: .
Cindy wished us a wonderful rest of our vacation, she was all smile, she must be used to Glenn kissing strangers :shock: :lol:

There are more details of course, but it’s impossible for me to write it all up right now. There are still so many topics here and all the lovely pictures I have to catch up with :D

Only this much: when Jean and I went to see Glenn at the Cannery in Vegas in September that very year he made us the happiest girls at the venue by waving hello :D What a treat that was :heart: .

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2007, 07:32 AM
WOW SG, The rest of us only dream about things like that! What a story. Well done, it must've been fantastic :D

Becky
05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi all, just checked in, may never leave! I'm an Eagles fan from "the beginning of time" lol. "but seriously, folks," the Eagles have been the music of my life, I've got an Eagles song for everything. I'm an oldie but goodie, 52 yrs old, a Mom and Grandma who has raised the kiddies right, cut their teeth on the Eagles. I am currently living in Tennessee. Have only been to 4 concerts, the 2 Millenium concerts in Vegas, the opening of the American Airlines center in Dallas, and a concert in Oklahoma City a few years ago. Took the whole family to that one, we had signs and everything. My daughter screamed so loud when they introduced Scott that they heard her onstage, despite being in the nosebleed seats! Timothy is my favorite of course, his beautiful voice, his kindness, his.... well, his everything! I also find it to be a great thing to see so many diverse people here, and again, thank you for bringing us together. Look forward to getting to know all of you.

timfan
05-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the Border Becky!! :D I'm glad you've joined us, we have lots of fun! :)

Going to the Millenium Concerts in Las Vegas must have been amazing! 8) . I certainly can agree with all you said about Timothy :wink: as he is my fav too!! (never woulda guessed that huh?)

btw LOVE your av!! :inlove:

EasyFeeling
05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow, two new members here. 8) I already welcomed Mrs. Frey but I think not in the official thread.

So welcome to Mrs. Frey, Mag and Becky. :D
That's nice to see another Timothy fan, huh TF? :wink:

And great to see another fan who is a native German speaker. Now I'm not the only one anymore. :)

sodascouts
05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
What a great story, SG! That is too cool!! You are one lucky girl! Thanks for sharing it.

And welcome to you, too, Becky. We're happy to have you!

timfan
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
SG Welcome!! :)

That's amazing how you 'ran' into Glenn, Cindy and the kids in Hawaii. It must have made your vacation all the more special!! (heck going to Hawaii would be special enough for me lol) 8)

05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
SG - that must have been one amazing vacation when you got to meet Glenn and his family. All the pictures I've ever seen of them indicate that they are a very handsome bunch, although I've never seen any pictures of Otis. You are right about Glenn's unique voice - I would have probably recognized it too. :shock: Glenn is so sweet to his fans.

And Becky - a big welcome to you as well. It's nice to have a neighbor on the board. I live in Virginia and am also an Eagles fan from the beginning of time. Hope you have a blast here on The Border - it's a really fun place!

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi Becky, A big welcome from me too. I only saw the Eagles live once when they came to Dublin last year, but wow what an impression they made on me. I can only dream of seeing them 4 times. My kids love them too. I'm a Glenn :heart: girl myself (most of the others know how besotted with him I am) but my 6 year old daughter is a girl after your own heart and loves Timmy (as she calls him) to bits. Hope you have a great time on the board. Enjoy :D

Brooke
05-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the details about meeting Glenn and his family SG! I would have died and gone to heaven right then! 8)

And welcome Becky! Glad to have ya!

glenneaglesfan
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the board, Becky and Mag! It's great to have you here.

Mag, SG, thank you very much for sharing your meeting Glenn experience. It sounds awesome - to chat with him and Cindy in such a relaxed manner - AND you got a kiss!!! Oh please, where can I meet him? Seriously though, what a wonderful man he is, and Cindy is his true soulmate, to understand that he is worshipped so highly by so many women and to allow him a few select kisses to his most devoted fans.

Becky, welcome to you as well. I've just reached the same decade as you, even though I still feel seveteen inside. It's good to have some more Tim fans on board, so I hope you'll feel welcome here!

Randy's Girl
05-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Becky, glad to have you here. As you can probably tell, I'm the odd one out here cos I love Randy. I love the Eagles no matter who is in the band, it's all good, but my heart belongs to the gorgeous and talented and sexy Mr Meisner. My girls love the Eagles too, my 9 year old wants to be a drummer, but they both like Randy too (fortunately for them :wink: ).

And SG, can I just add also how lucky you are to have met Glenn like that, that's just amazing.

SweetHolly
05-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the board Becky. Love your avatar. 8)
I like Randy too, Liza. :wink:

Maleah
05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow....some catching up to do here!

First of all.......a very big WELCOME to SG and Becky!!! We're thrilled to have you here!

SG your story about meeting Glenn is amazing. What are the odds of something like that happen? Astronomical? LOL And for me..........even worse! :laugh:

Freypower
05-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Good grief Mag. What a story. You must be so proud. :shock:

And welcome to you too, Becky. This Border is getting longer and longer.... :wink:

Sexy Girl
05-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Hi Becky and welcome :D
It’s nice I’m not the only newbie here, so I don’t feel all alone :wink:
The world is so small, maybe we already met without knowing cause I also went to the first Millennium concert in Vegas – sadly only one.

EF, some people keep telling us it’s not German what we speak :lol: - just kidding.

Dreamer, you are so right about the handsome bunch. Otis was a little more than 2 yrs old back then with very curly hair, totally cute. I only saw him once after that (still with that curly hair), only for a split second in a TV report about a benefit, it was so short that there was no way of recording it.

Yes, that was a very relaxed talk with Glenn and his family, I was so surprised about myself later, but it all happened so fast that I didn’t think much at all :wink: Only later it gave me hot flashes :shock:

I would’ve so much loved to have a photo, and of course as we were on vacation Jean and I both had a camera with us. So somehow I wanted to wait for the right moment to ask, and then something happened that made me back off :? .

A couple of girls were approaching our little group with a camera ready, and suddenly Glenn made a very grumpy face and told his bodyguard (I think his name was John) to let them know how little he liked this idea.
The chicks said sorry and looked away but didn’t leave. The one girl put the camera back in her purse but they were giggling and obviously searching for something to sign.
When they were obviously discussing how to get at least a signature Glenn told John “go and tell’em to fuck off” :shock: - oh yes, he really said that.
I must’ve looked at him like this :shock: , so he started laughing and said “sorry, but some people simply don’t respect our privacy”. I sure looked like I just got a lecture myself, so he quickly added “never mind, we enjoy talking to you”.

Boy, what a relief!! However I didn’t dare to ask for a photo and it almost killed me :( .

Mrs Frey
05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
WOW, SG, WOW!! :shock: :shock: That is about all I can say in response to your story about meeting Glenn :heart: and his family. My heart was actually pounding just thinking about what it would have been like for me in a similar position to you. :heart: :heart: :heart: To quote Glenn :heart: himself, from his song "The Allnighter":

You feel your little heart begin to pound and pound...

I don't know if I would've been as relaxed as you! :shock: I would've been trembling, for sure, although I probably would've been composed enough to be able to speak to him. I would not have let an opportunity like that slip by without making the most of it. :D

I can understand how he feels about people approaching him and his family with cameras. I should imagine that if he were on his own, he would've been more relaxed about it. I'm sure that the protection of his family is priority to him, considering what a strange world we live in, where people are mostly for themselves and take every opportunity for personal gain. I somehow don't think he would have minded if you had asked him for a photograph, as he knew you were genuine, but, having said that, it might have set a precedent, which he would not have welcomed. :( It's a pity, but at least you have that experience, and having him recognise you and your friend at the concert you later attended, that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

I reckon that if Glenn :heart: had to kiss my cheek, I wouldn't wash my cheek for at least a week! :D :wink:

Before I get completely carried away here :shock:, allow me to welcome you to the Board, Becky. It's great to have you join us. WOW, to you too, for seeing the Eagles 4 times. I wish I could at least see them once, although I don't know if they'll ever make it to South Africa :(. Who knows, perhaps one day I'll be able to travel to see them, although that possibility seems remote at the moment :( :( .

And thank you, EF, for your official welcome. I just love it here on the Board! :D

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2007, 08:09 AM
What a pity SG, talk about being in the right place at the wrong time :( I agree with MF, he probably would have given you guys a pic, but I know when families are concerned all parents tend to be protective. Still at least you have your memories :D .
MF, would you actually wash your face only a week after Glenn :heart: kissed it? I think I'd have to have that kiss laminated to ny face, before I'd ever wash it again. :twisted:

Becky
05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks to all of you for the welcome. this is a great group of people. I love the diversity. Eventually I will learn everyone's name but until then, forgive me when I can't remember who said what. Loved the story about meeting Glenn, especially cool you got the kiss on the cheek, SG. Too bad some fans seem to annoy rather than enjoy.
Virginia isn't too far away, maybe we will see each other at a concert in the future.
Yes, the Millenium concerts were awesome, I flew out to Vegas for a few days, all by myself, to attend. As you know, Jackson Browne opened for them, and I thought they were pretty great also. Quite a treat when David Crosby joined the Eagles on stage. I sat in the nosebleed seats, on Timothy's side of course.
Unfortunately, the only seat I was able to get for Dallas was behind Timothy, although can't complain about the view! OKC was special because it was my hometown at the time, made even better being able to be there with my kids. As a surprise for me,my kids made this great poster with every ones pic on one side with flames saying "IS IT HOT IN HERE" ( Hell Freezes Over), while the other side had a pic of Timothy that said "Or is it just Timothy?" We also had posters for everyone else, of course, but this was the BIG one!
As much as I love Timothy's vocals, and other things lol I must give Randy his props. His version of TITTL is on my top 10 list. I also have some of his solo work.
Thank you all again for the warm welcome, hope to be with ya all for a long time.

EasyFeeling
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
EF, some people keep telling us it’s not German what we speak :lol: - just kidding.

Sure about that, SG? :twisted: :wink: I've never got to know a Swiss but I could imagine it's like you meet a Bavarian. :wink: It's hard to understand I guess.
BTW, do you know an actor named Mathis Künzler? He's Swiss and such a good looking man. :)

Sorry, I forgot to say I was stunned as I read your story about Glenn and Cindy. :shock: That sure is an experience you'll never forget. 8)

DonFan
05-22-2007, 01:17 PM
SG, that was a wonderful story about meeting Glenn and Cindy. They seem like geniuinely nice people--how lucky you were to be in the right place at exactly the right time!

Becky, welcome to the board as well. I wish I could've gone to the Millenium concerts too--it must've been fabulous to ring in the next century with the Eagles. Where do you live in Tennessee? I live in Birmingham, Alabama, so we may be fairly close to each other.

Molly
05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome Becky and SG -glad you found us!

Sexy Girl
05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Sure about that, SG? :twisted: :wink: I've never got to know a Swiss but I could imagine it's like you meet a Bavarian. :wink: It's hard to understand I guess.
BTW, do you know an actor named Mathis Künzler? He's Swiss and such a good looking man. :)
Oh no, EF, the Bavarian and the Swiss language are as different as Bavarian and e.g. Saxon :D

I know who Mathis Künzler is, sure, a TV soap guy. Maybe handsome but much too young. And TV soaps are not really my cup of tea :wink:

EasyFeeling
05-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Oh no, EF, the Bavarian and the Swiss language are as different as Bavarian and e.g. Saxon :D

I know who Mathis Künzler is, sure, a TV soap guy. Maybe handsome but much too young. And TV soaps are not really my cup of tea :wink:

Yes, I know they are different and the Bavarians are hard to understand.
I've heard Mathis Künzler talking Swiss and it sounded very cute. :D
Yep, he's young but sexy. Like you I'm not a big fan of soaps. I watched "Verliebt in Berlin" just to see that guy. :wink:

But nothing can beat Saxon... maybe the worse dialect we have in Germany. :shock: :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
MF, would you actually wash your face only a week after Glenn :heart: kissed it? I think I'd have to have that kiss laminated to ny face, before I'd ever wash it again. :twisted:

Well, OK, you got me there, GA, maybe a month... :twisted: I originally said a week because, you never know, maybe he would have had another opportunity to kiss me, and I certainly wouldn't want to be carrying any germs... :twisted: :lol: That lamination idea is good - I will certainly consider it... :wink: All this and Glenn :heart: hasn't even kissed me! :( Well, not yet, anyway... :twisted:

Becky, I just HAVE to ask you: seeing that you live in Elvis Presley's :heart: home state, are you a fan of his, too? Do you live anywhere near Graceland? I'm just as curious as DF is now - I had the thought yesterday. As you've probably seen already, I'm a lifelong Elvis :heart: fan. I absolutely adore him... (sorry, Sugar :heart:). I also loved your story about your children making those Eagles posters for one of the concerts you attended. I'm sure Timothy must have been very flattered! :D

DonFan
05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Mrs. F, I am HUGE Elvis fan just like you. I am also a freelance writer and I had the good fortune to be sent to Memphis last year to write a travel story on Graceland and other area attractions. If you haven't you been able to tour Graceland, you really should--it is fabulous, filled with unbelievable memorabilia. It was just a great trip.

SweetHolly
05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I love Elvis too. :heart:

Mrs Frey
05-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Woo hoo hoo! (To quote Glenn :heart: from "Already Gone") DonFan and SweetHolly, you are ladies after my own heart. Elvis was wonderful, wasn't he? :heart: :inlove: I'm being unfaithful to Glenn :heart: now, but since he likes Elvis himself, I'm sure he wouldn't mind... :wink:

I also find it interesting that both of you are Don fans and Elvis fans, since I read in my new Eagles book that one of Don's principal musical influences was indeed Elvis! :D

Yes, DF, I would love to visit Graceland. It has been a lifelong dream of mine. Perhaps, one day, that will happen. It was particularly significant for me when I noted that Glenn's :heart: solo show on 16 August this year coincides with the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing, which I'm sure will result in huge events taking place in Memphis.

Maleah
05-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Gotta admit, I'm a big Elvis fan as well. I pretty much grew up on him, as my Mom was a big fan. 8) My niece visited Graceland last month and said it was amazing. I've never been there though :(

Freypower
05-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I had my photo taken outside the gates of Graceland in 1981 but it wasn't open to the public back then.

Glenn's version of (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame from Royal Oak is really something to hear.

SweetHolly
05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Woo hoo hoo! (To quote Glenn :heart: from "Already Gone") DonFan and SweetHolly, you are ladies after my own heart. Elvis was wonderful, wasn't he? :heart: :inlove: I'm being unfaithful to Glenn :heart: now, but since he likes Elvis himself, I'm sure he wouldn't mind... :wink:

I also find it interesting that both of you are Don fans and Elvis fans, since I read in my new Eagles book that one of Don's principal musical influences was indeed Elvis! :D

Yes, DF, I would love to visit Graceland. It has been a lifelong dream of mine. Perhaps, one day, that will happen. It was particularly significant for me when I noted that Glenn's :heart: solo show on 16 August this year coincides with the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing, which I'm sure will result in huge events taking place in Memphis.
Elvis was great. I haven't been to Graceland yet but I'm hoping my aunts will take me this summer but I'd really love to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame too. Hopefully my aunts will take me to both or at least the RRHOF. Maybe someday I'll get to Graceland. My aunt Ellen was supposed to go to Elvis' last concert in Indianapolis but she didn't go.

SweetHolly
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Glenn's version of (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame from Royal Oak is really something to hear.
That's something I'd love to hear. :heart: :wink:

thelongrun
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi all. I know (Lucky me) must of ya' but New Kin in Town somehow,
feels good to be here 8)

thelongrun from Sonora Old México.

glenneaglesfan
06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi, TLR, and welcome to the board. It's great to have you here!

06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Hello, TLR. A big welcome from me as well. Glad to have you and hope you have a great time here on The Border.

Molly
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey, TLR!! Glad you're here!

thelongrun
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank youuu 8) :wink:

SweetHolly
06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Welcome! Glad you decided to join! :D

Freypower
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Great to have you here TLR. Enjoy The Border. :)

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi TLR. Great to have you here. Hope you enjoy yourself. Who's your favourite or do you have one? :D

Brooke
06-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Welcome to The Border, tlr! Glad to have ya! :D

What's your favorite Eagles tune?

timfan
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Welcome TLR! Glad you've joined us :)

sodascouts
06-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Let me add my welcome to the others. I remember you, TLR, and I am glad to have you here!

thelongrun
06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Great to have you here TLR. Enjoy The Border. :)

Thanks again SodaS & Co.!! I feel great with you.

If your Q is about Eagles, well, I can't say I have a fav. As Human beens I like Glenn & Joe, as Musicians All! From Don I like the ironic genious he is, I love Tim for his humble spirit being the Bass Icon he is, no, can't point one, I 've alway said that's precisly what makes this Band the best ever, his members as individuals and as a group, as Artists as well as persons, all of tehm 8)

EasyFeeling
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome to The Border. TLR... sounds familiar to me. :wink:

janisjoplin
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Helllllllooooo - I forgot I had found this site last month :blush:

Some of you may know me as her that does the *cackle* on Eagleland and Feed The Fire etc.

For those who don't know me - I'm Leslie, aged 51 (52 on 28th June YIKES) I live on the island of Jersey (part of the Channel Islands in the English Channel) with my husband of *gulp* nearly 29 years and our GSD, Sammy who is a rescue dog and has lived with us for 7 years now. She's a right little (well, rather large really) daddy's girl *cackle* :twisted:

I do not work as I have been pretty ill (died at one point in January) but I'm on the mend and hope to be cackling for years to come LOL :)

The Eagles are one of my favourite bands along with Fleetwood Mac (finally saw them live in 2003 I think it was at Earls Court, London) and Bruce Springsteen who I saw in concert 2 times at Wembley Stadium - 4th July 1985 on the BITUSA tour and again in 1988 on the TOL tour.

I love a lot of music - but not very keen on gangster rap, hip hop etc etc :twisted:

I was lucky enough to see the Eagles live last year when they played in Birmingham, England. Went both nights - had a blast and met some great people from the Eagleland message board - we were all staying at the same hotel 8)

glenneaglesfan
06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the Border, Leslie, from someone this side of the Atlantic. I'm not so very far from you, near Plymouth. Sorry to hear that you've been so unwell, but we're glad that you have come through it. It's nice to meet someone else that had to go to more than one Eagles concert last year! It's certainly addictive. 8) Look forward to hearing more from you

sodascouts
06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Helllllllooooo - I forgot I had found this site last month :blush:

Some of you may know me as her that does the *cackle* on Eagleland and Feed The Fire etc.

For those who don't know me - I'm Leslie, aged 51 (52 on 28th June YIKES) I live on the island of Jersey (part of the Channel Islands in the English Channel) with my husband of *gulp* nearly 29 years and our GSD, Sammy who is a rescue dog and has lived with us for 7 years now. She's a right little (well, rather large really) daddy's girl *cackle* :twisted:

I do not work as I have been pretty ill (died at one point in January) but I'm on the mend and hope to be cackling for years to come LOL :)

Welcome Leslie - so glad you've rediscovered us. I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill - to the point of death! - but thank goodness you lived to post another day. ;) Happy to have you!

The Eagles are one of my favourite bands along with Fleetwood Mac

You're a girl after my own heart! I got to see the Eagles several times in the UK - London at Wembley and Twickenham, Glasgow, and Cardiff. What an experience!

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi Leslie, welcome to the board from someone again not too far from you, Dublin. Glad you're feeling better and able to join the board. I love the Eagles and Bruce Springsteen and most people here know I have a very soft spot for Mr Glenn :heart: Frey :inlove: It must have been great to see the Eagles two nights in a row, I've only seen them live once, but that was enough to make me a die hard fan and if they come near these shores again I'll be going to more gigs. Hope you enjoy yourself on the board. :D

timfan
06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Leslie! :D Welcome to the Border. I'm glad you're joining in on the fun!

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues but it's great that you are recovering.

In terms of the concerts that must have been tons of fun! I went to the Twickenham and Wembley shows last year myself and had a BLAST!

Sexy Girl
06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Welcome form another newbie, thelongrun and Leslie!!
I think you will love this board as much as I do :D

06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
And a big welcome from me too, Leslie. We're glad you found us. I'm also glad that your health has improved and hope you like it here on The Border.

SweetHolly
06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Welcome Leslie! :D

Freypower
06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey Leslie, I've missed you! I'm sorry you were so ill. Stick around The Border - we have great fun here.

Oh, and a quick boast - on my 5 night epic in 2004, three of them were consecutive nights (19 - 21 November). Can anyone else beat that? :D

Mrs Frey
06-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Oh, and a quick boast - on my 5 night epic in 2004, three of them were consecutive nights (19 - 21 November). Can anyone else beat that? :D

No, no, no, FP - now you're making me VERY jealous... :mrgreen: :wink: WOW, that must have been a wonderful experience.

Welcome, welcome, welcome TLR and Leslie (JJ)!! :yay: :yay: It's great that both of you have joined us. I'm sorry that you have been ill, Leslie, and so glad that you are now well enough to join us. I love all the Eagles too, but Glenn :heart: Frey rules my heart (and so do Elvis Presley :heart: and The Beatles :heart: - see the details in my Intro :D :D )! I live in hope that they will hit South Africa's shores sometime soon. And I mean REALLY soon, as my heart just can't take the pain of so much waiting anymore... :weep: Have a blast with us!! :D :D

EasyFeeling
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome Leslie. :D I'm sure you will have a lot of fun here on The Border. 8)

janisjoplin
06-15-2007, 10:31 AM
:P Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - it's great to be in touch with other Eagles, FM and Brucie fans 8)

Brooke
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome from me, too, JJ! Glad to have ya! 8)

thelongrun
06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Welcome JJ!! Be well ah? 8)

Guys, My town Today's forecast is 44 C grades :?

janisjoplin
06-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Thnaks Brooke and TLR

You'll be pleased to know it's extremely wet over here and just 14 C ...........so much cooler than TLR's 44 C - phew, that's hot :)

06-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I know 44 C is hot, but I'll have to check my Fahrenheit converter to figure out how hot. Anyway, try to stay cool TLR.

glenneaglesfan
06-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Phew, TLR, 44 degrees C, that's about 110 F. :shock: I don't think I've ever experienced that sort of heat even in Hong Kong or Kenya.
JJ, your weather sounds grim for June. It's sunny and cloudy here, and 20 degrees - quite nice really.

Marco
06-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm Marco. And My favourite Eagles is Don :D

http://feldermusic.photosite.com/Courtnall/coutnall5.jpg

I really like the eagles, the first eagles album that I listened was HFO. First I hate the album and the band, and than I listened the track 12, and I like it and than I listened all the album.......

I'm Italian, but I want go in the USA, and live in this country because I had my third birthday in Los Angeles, because my dad worked in L.A. for ten years, and I Want come back in this beautiful City!

I start with Piano at 5 years. I start the Guitar on December 2006. Today I start to play HC :) and I'd like to make a band 8) Anyway I live in Rovigo near Venice. But All My family live in Milano. Only my parents live in Rovigo.

P.S.
Have You read My soundtrack?
What You Think?

glenneaglesfan
06-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Welcome, Marco! I know you have been here a while, but it's nice to hear a bit about you. Where do you live in Italy? Do you play the guitar?

sodascouts
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Thank you for introducing yourself a bit more, Marco. I have visited Italy twice and loved it. I remember feeding the birds in Venice by the canals - what a city! And I think the most beautiful place I've ever been to is Positano.

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Welcome Marco! I've seen a few of your posts already on the board. Thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself. Hope you're enjoying yourself! :D

SweetHolly
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Welcome Marco! :D

EasyFeeling
06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Marco and welcome. My sister in law is also Italian and my brother's name is Marco. :wink:

Brooke
06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Welcome Marco! Glad to have ya!

Mrs Frey
06-20-2007, 06:40 AM
An official welcome from me, too, Marco. Your posts are very interesting and detailed - it is obvious how much you appreciate the musical genius of the Eagles. You seem to be enjoying yourself, and may it continue! It's great that you have joined us. :yay: Eagles fans really are a diverse group of people.

Keep up your guitar study. I play rhythm guitar in a band, as well as do lead vocals, and it's a great passion of mine. "Hotel California", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Tequila Sunrise" are three of the songs that make up our repertoire! :D :D :D I harbour a dream that one day our band will support the Eagles when they visit South Africa... :zzz: :wink: Yep, that will only happen in my dreams, though... :(

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Congratulations MF! You've just become a Border Desperado :guitar: :guitar::D

Mrs Frey
06-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Congratulations MF! You've just become a Border Desperado :guitar: :guitar::D

Thanks, Girlfriend! :D So I noticed! 8)

Sexy Girl
06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Ciao Marco,

nice to know there's some neighbor around :D
I spend quite a bit of time in bella Italia - a few days here, a few days there, wherever friends or business take me.

Magari ci incontriamo un bel giorno :D
Saluti della Svizzera!

eagleshenleyfan
11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi I've just registered on the board, been visiting it for a few weeks now. My name's Garry from Glasgow, Scotland. I think the Eagles are fantastic because of the quality of their songs and musicianship.
Musically my favourite member is Don as well as his work with the band I am a great admirer of his solo work particularly 'Dirty Laundry', 'New York Minute', 'Boys Of Summer', HOTM, IWNGQ and TEOTI.
I'm looking forward to sharing some comments with you guys. The new album is fantastic!!

timfan
11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Garry. Welcome to the board. I'm glad you've found us! :D

Heart of the Matter is one of my favorite songs too. It's just so heartfelt ( no pun intended) 8)

sodascouts
11-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Garry - welcome! I adore Heart of the Matter as well. What a beautiful, moving song. I also love Boys of Summer - what's not to like? - and the poignant End of the Innocence. I'm looking forward to your comments!

EasyFeeling
11-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi Garry, welcome to The Border and happy posting :)

Look Billy, another fan from Scotland. :wink:

eagleshenleyfan
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :D

11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Hello from me as well, Garry. We're very glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We have a great time here sharing info about our favorite band.

Molly
11-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi Garry, welcome and enjoy!

Brooke
11-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome from me, too, Garry!

This is a great place to visit with fans of the greatest American band ever! :D

rcknalwys
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Garry, welcome to the Board. You'll enjoy it here.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi Garry, welcome from me too. I'm just from across the water from you in Dublin. I like BOS too but Glenn :heart: is my favourite. Hopefully the boys will visit this part of the world soon. Enjoy posting and chatting. :D

DonFan
11-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi Garry! It is a pleasure to welcome another Eagles--and especially Don--fan to our board!

eagleshenleyfan
11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Once again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :D

Mrs Frey
11-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Welcome to The Border from me, too, Garry! :D :yay: I hope you will enjoy discussing The Eagles with us for a very long time to come. I admire Don Henley too, although Glenn :heart: is my favourite. I love "Heart Of The Matter" particularly of Don - it makes me cry... :blush:

glenneaglesfan
11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Garry, welcome from me too. I lived in Helensburgh for six months, so have a bit of knowledge about your area. I love the Eagles, and saw them three times last year on their European tour. One of the tracks that first lured me back was the Boys of Summer on Yahoo. From there I bought the F1 DVD, and now, here I've discovered many friends to share the enjoyment with!

Maleah
11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Welcome from me too Garry!! We're glad to have ya!!

Jeff Cooke
12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey! I finally found the "reply" button so now I can post! My computer is screwed up with viruses and the background appears red. Unfortunately, the "buttons" appear as red dots so they are buried. I had to run my mouse around a bit until the little pointer finger landed on something which I hoped was the right button..lol! So, here I am and how pathetic of an intro is that?! I'd ramble on with an intro but I just invite you to visit my MySpace page and if you've got a page add me. I want as many Eagles fans on my list as I can get! I'm hoping to be pretty active here. We'll see how well my stupid computer will play along!!! Anyway, good to be here and if you want to check out my page it's on myspace and my ID is jacooke (apparently I can't post the addy yet due to forum rules but you can click on the link in my sig).

UPDATE: I discovered that I can see things a lot better with the subsilver (or whatever it's called) design so now I'm good to go! :D

sodascouts
12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome, Jeff! I was wondering if you'd ever post! ;)

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi Jeff! Welcome from me too. I'll visit your myspace page soon. Hope you enjoy posting on the Border.

12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Hello from me, too, Jeff. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

timfan
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Welcome Jeff. 8) I hope you enjoy the Board!

Jeff Cooke
12-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!!

rcknalwys
12-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi Jeff, welcome to the Board. You'll find some wonderful people here and lots of information on the Eagles. Enjoy it all.

EasyFeeling
12-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Jeff, welcome from me too. :)

glenneaglesfan
12-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi, Jeff, welcome to the Border, and glad you managed to find us! I hope you'll have some fun here with fellow Eagles fans.

Brooke
12-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome from me too, Jeff! Glad to have ya! :D

Jeff Cooke
12-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Welcome from me too, Jeff! Glad to have ya! :D

Hey! Is that a proposition? JUST KIDDING!!! :twisted:

Mrs Frey
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
A great big welcome from me, too, Jeff! I have a feeling you're going to fit right in here! :wink: You've already got into the swing of things!

You'll find that your efforts to overcome the obstacles standing in your way to reach us will prove more than worth it! :wink:

Marla
02-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm Margie from Louisiana, & I know many of you from Eagleland/The Fastlane. I've been an Eagles fan for a very long time, been on one message board or another since 1999. I came over here because I didn't want to lose contact with those of you I know from Eagleland. I've pretty much said all that I know about the Eagles, but I may occasionally have something to add to the conversation! :wink:

For those of you I've not met somewhere else, I'm Fifty-Something, married, mother of 2, grandmother of 3, retired from public health nursing, & a huge fan of the Eagles. I've seen the Eagles 6 times, Don Henley 6 times, Glenn solo only once, & Joe Walsh once with the James Gang in August of 2006. I love the fan message boards because they give you a chance to connect with some very nice people from all over the world who don't roll their eyes when an "old lady with grandchildren" goes on & on about some rock'n'roll band. :)

Looking forward to reconnecting with some of my old eagles friends & meeting new ones.