PDA

View Full Version : Only Related to Glenn in Name

sodascouts
01-13-2007, 03:14 PM
I know this doesn't have anything to do with our Glenn Frey, but when I got this news notification, I still thought it was cute nostalgia. It is a newspaper article from 1927, and warns of the great danger of sledding.

"Glenn Frey, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred G. Frey, of this place, and Lawrence Shupp, son of Mr. and Mrs. N.H. Shupp of North Eaton, were badly injured while coasting on Redfield Street last Friday evening. The boys were coming down the hill on a racer at about a 75-mile clip, when they overtook some girls on another sled, and turning aside to avoid a collision, they side-swiped a telephone pole, knocking quite a chip out of it. The hill is a dangerous one for indiscriminate sliding, and there should be some official surveillance over it if the sport is to continue. "

Brooke
01-13-2007, 05:27 PM
75 miles per hour on a sled? Whoa! :shock:

Freypower
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
North Eaton is where exactly? :blush:

Yet another cultural difference. We just don't have snow sports down here.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2017, 08:17 AM
There's another Glenn Frey on FB in some of the Eagles groups. He seems quite nice - never traded off the name but has got some misdirected fan mail! He met the original Glenn :heart: who suggested that he change his name! lol! He's from Texas

NightMistBlue
03-15-2017, 11:28 AM
North Eaton is where exactly?

Ohio. Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.