PDA

View Full Version : Call on Me / Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Does anyone else think the beginnings of these two songs are reminiscent of each other? Every time "Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed" comes onto my iPod, I think it's "Call on Me" until the verse starts!

Wildthyme
05-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes! Except in my case its the other way around. Call on Me comes several songs before Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed on one of my playlists and it always makes me pause to think which song is playing until the lyrics start.

Freypower
05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
I've never confused the two songs once, but I can see where you're coming from.

I prefer Call On Me as a song.

sodascouts
05-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I prefer "Call on Me" too - even made a couple ringtones from it, lol. Since they both were released on his "Solo Collection" as two of the four new songs I wonder why he didn't try to make them more distinct. Oh well, they both sound good to me!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree that the beginning of the two songs are similar, but, honestly, I don't get them mixed up. I think it's a virtual tie as to which one I like the best. I guess I give the nod to Call On Me since Glenn didn't write Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed. However, I love Glenn's vocals and guitar work on WBSIMB so it's a very tough call.

Koala
05-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I agree too, that both songs starts similar but I have never thought when Call on Me is starting, that could be Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed!

Freypower
05-17-2010, 01:24 AM
I prefer "Call on Me" too - even made a couple ringtones from it, lol. Since they both were released on his "Solo Collection" as two of the four new songs I wonder why he didn't try to make them more distinct. Oh well, they both sound good to me!

He didn't write WBSIMB. I think any similarity is pure coincidence.

We should be grateful for those four songs because it's hard to envisage that there will be any more. I hope so. I just hope so.

sodascouts
05-17-2010, 02:16 AM
It doesn't matter that he didn't write "Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed"; he could have tweaked it if he wanted. In fact, he has tinkered with the arrangements of most of the covers he's done, whether solo or as an Eagle. This would be no different.

I'm very glad he included four new songs with his "Solo Collection" as it does appear he might not be serving up anything new anytime soon. Today I was listening to "After Hours" and wondering how many songs like that are "out there" but not recorded (another song I can think of is "I'll Come Runnin' Back to You" that he said was "in the can" in 2007). All we have are bootleg live performances of those, and I believe "After Hours" is absolutely exquisite.

He at one time mentioned doing an album of covers of standards, like a few other classic rockers have been doing. Perhaps he will still consider recording that once the Eagles have done their thing. He said he wanted to do it while his parents were still alive, after all, so maybe that will light a fire under his feet.