PDA

View Full Version : Timothy's health

sodascouts
05-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Tim sent this message to his webmistress Julie, who forwarded it to me among others. It's been cleared to be posted publicly:

------------------------------

You can assure fans that, although I consider this a rather large bump in the road, this is not life-threatening, and I should be up and running fairly soon.

Thanks,
Timothy

Prettymaid
05-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Soda. Hmm, not life threatening (thank God!) but a rather large bump in the road. What could it be?

luvthelighthouse
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Clear as mud, thanks Timothy! ;) I understand the man has the right to his privacy and I respect that... but it doesn't mean I'm not curious. It seems to have come up rather quickly, as they cancelled the show at the last minute... wonder if it was the flu. I'm not talking about a stomach virus, but real influenenza which takes times to get over.

I am VERY happy to know he's going to be okay and it came straight from his mouth. I wish Timothy a speedy recovery.

Prettymaid
05-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't know...what would be a rather large bump in the road for Timothy B. Schmit? It doesn't seem like something you would call the flu.

luvthelighthouse
05-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I hate to speculate anything worse. I know when my husband had the flu, he was sick for three weeks and lost 20 lbs.

Like you said, what is a bump to TBS? Didn't we hear something about stomach issues in the beginning? Ok... I don't need to speculate outloud... that's how rumors get started... maybe he'll say something at the next show they perform, or in an interview.

Until then, rest up and get better sweet Timothy! We are all thinking of you!

Prettymaid
05-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Exactly LTL. Well wishes for Timothy first and foremost!

Timothy, if you happen to see this we all care about you and want you well.

sodascouts
05-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah guys, I hate to speculate. When we read unconfirmed speculation on the internet and start spreading it around, before you know it, everyone's in a panic.

Obviously, whatever else is going on, Tim is keeping it private and even if one does know more (which I don't), one should respect his wishes.

Of course, it's quite natural for us all to be worried and to want to know as much as possible, but let's take Tim at his word that he's going to be just fine.

Praying for you, Tim! Get well soon!

Wildthyme
05-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery Timothy! Take good care of yourself and take whatever time you need to get back to 100%. And until then I will look forward with happy anticipation to seeing you and the rest of the boys in concert soon!

TimothyBFan
05-15-2010, 05:42 PM
everyone's in a panic.

To late I already was/am!!! I don't quite know what to think of it all and I'm very very worried!

Get well very very soon Timothy!! You are most definitely in my thoughts more than ever right now!

Freypower
05-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah guys, I hate to speculate. When we read unconfirmed speculation on the internet and start spreading it around, before you know it, everyone's in a panic.

Obviously, whatever else is going on, Tim is keeping it private and even if one does know more (which I don't), one should respect his wishes.

Of course, it's quite natural for us all to be worried and to want to know as much as possible, but let's take Tim at his word that he's going to be just fine.

I completely agree with you, Soda.

Get well soon, Tim.

Carolina Girl
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Very well said, Soda. Thanks for helping us keep this in perspective.

Timothy, Hope you're feeling better each day and feel the comfort of the thoughts and prayers of everyone who loves you. Get well soon!

carol7lynn
05-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Well put Nancy.

Timmy-get well and "Have a Great Day!"

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Have a speedy recovery, Timothy!!!

We miss you and want to see our white boy from Sacramento back on stage. :nod: :nod:

Stars
05-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Here's wishing Timothy a quick and full recovery! Love and prayers go with you, dear Tim!:)

tequila girl
05-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Timothy:hug:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/get%20well/gw296.gif

timfan
05-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I hope Timothy's recovery is a quick one and all I can say is he has had alot of bad luck! The surfing injury, the dog bite, now this...

Troubadour
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Get well very soon, Tim. We're all thinking of you!

Freypower
05-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I hope Timothy's recovery is a quick one and all I can say is he has had alot of bad luck! The surfing injury, the dog bite, now this...

This reminds me. You sent Julie a get well card for Tim before from the members of this board. Were you thinking of doing that again?

TimothyBFan
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/Eagles-concert-at-Idaho-Center-postponed-93944609.html

SURGERY???????

Brooke
05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Timothy's ill.

Get well soon Tim!

sodascouts
05-17-2010, 02:16 PM
(Assuming that item is correct) I know that surgery sounds serious, but it appears that they still hope to be able to perform some of these upcoming shows. That leads me to believe that the surgery was not really major. Let's stay positive!

luvthelighthouse
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Poor guy! Remember, we heard it straight from him, he's going to be okay and it is not life threatening. I'm sure he's gonna be just fine. He'll just need some time off to recover. He's gonna be back to perfect in no time, I can just feel it!

sodascouts
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Me too LTL! I have a feeling everything will be OK.

Prettymaid
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm sure he'll be fine too. It's just upsetting for his fans (us) to hear about this.

tequila girl
05-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Well, whatever the problem {{{{{{ Healing Vibes }}}}}} going direct to Timothy from here!

AzEaglesFan
05-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I have wondered if it could have been his appendix too. If it is he should be ok before to much longer.

carol7lynn
05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
I read the press release from LiveNation too. My prayers are with you TimmyB.

You can bet if they play here on Saturday night at the CBBAI will be on the board reporting on what I know about his health as soon as I can.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

TimothyBFan
05-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Timmy, oh Timmy....How art thou? :-(

Prettymaid
05-18-2010, 07:34 AM
We Love you Timothy! :bye: :iloveyou::inlove::heart: :xoxo:

tbs fanatic
05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Tim - get well soooooon!

05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
We are all awaiting word on the upcoming shows. We just need to keep checking back to the official sites for the guys, as well as Google Alerts, and websites for entertainment news sources and publications for the cities where the shows are scheduled. As soon as we hear something, we'll get it posted ASAP. As always, if anyone stumbles across some information, please feel free to post it on the board or PM me and I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

tbsfan
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Timothy has updated his blog with good news.

05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Thank you so much for the heads up, tbsfan! :thumbsup:

Here is the news that we've all been waiting to hear, folks. Look out Denver, here they come!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

http://timothybschmit.com/index.php

Dear all,

Here’s my mid-May adventure story:

On Monday, May 10th, we completed our second show in Vancouver. We then took a short, late night flight into Seattle where we were to have a nice two day break. I’m sure the following day was similar for everyone, a long sleep-in morning, followed by a no pressure, lazy day, and evening. So far, so good. My second day off started much earlier and with more energy. Everything seemed fine upon arising. In the latter part of the morning, I started to feel some physical discomfort. I tried to ignore it, not thinking too much about it. In fact, I carried on that way until the evening when it became more than obvious that I had to take some kind of action. In a nutshell, when I finally cried “Uncle”, this is what happened: A doctor visit to the hotel... a visit to the Emergency Room at the Hospital... tests, cat scans, all that fun stuff... checking in as a patient in the hospital... two days of observation, poking, probing, and another cat scan. By Friday, after missing the Seattle show, and now the third Vancouver gig, one choice remained...surgery. So, there I am, thinking, ‘Well, I’m finally at the older-guy-getting-his-first-surgery phase of life.’ I was not a happy camper. Anyway, by noon that day I was completely sedated, and without over-sharing, undergoing a minor intestinal surgery. I had to stay there to be watched over for a couple more days, and am now, I’m happy to say, writing this from the confines of my own home. Fear not... I am on the mend and will be on stage in Denver this Thursday the 20th. We will be going back to make up the shows we were forced to miss. Stay tuned for the dates.

Many, many thanks to all who have been expressing their concern over my well being. It is much appreciated.

See you soon...
Timothy

timfan
05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Dreamer you beat me I was just coming to post that lol! I am soo glad Tim is on the mend!

Freypower
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
That is great. Tim, please keep well and stay safe, and know that you are in all our thoughts. :grouphug:

luvthelighthouse
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Isn't he a doll? He knows how concerned his fans were and took the time to write us a little note, without "over sharing". :)

So happy to hear he's better!

ticky
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
YAY!!!:partytime: Great news!!! Sorry for the Medical Adventure, Tim, but we are ALL sooooo happy you're on the mend!!! Feel better soon! WE LOVE YOU!

Wildthyme
05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us Tim! :xoxo: We are all thrilled you are feeling better!

carol7lynn
05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks Dreamer. Thank you God. I am so ready to rock his socks off in SoCal. The man won't know what hit him!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

tequila girl
05-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Oh....The Power of Prayers and Love (and Doctors of course)
So Glad you're on the mend Timothy - Take it Easy!! :thumbsup::hug:

Prettymaid
05-19-2010, 07:46 AM
For all of us who have seen his solo shows or heard him give a radio interview, that sounds just like him! :inlove: I can actually hear him saying those words! I am so glad to hear from him and know that he is feeling well enough to continue the tour now. So funny, the part about the "older-guy-getting-his-first-surgery phase". :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
05-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Awwww--How sweet of him to take time while mending to let us know all is well. What a trooper he is to be going back out on the road already!! I hope he doesn't overdo it!! GREAT NEWS!!!

Troubadour
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
I literally arrived home a few minutes ago, and this is the first thread I clicked onto. I cannot tell you how HAPPY I was to read Tim's message. What a sweetheart! The relief is immeasurable.

Brooke
05-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Glad to hear everything is on the mend, Dear Timothy! Thanks so much for letting us know! :hug:

tbs fanatic
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
PHEW! We can all sleep easy now. Glad to hear everything is on the mend.

GlennLover
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Hope you have a blast, Cynd!

sodascouts
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM
So wonderful to hear Timothy's back!

FeedTheFire
05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
So happy he is back and feeling better.................:partytime: