PDA

View Full Version : Horrendous Boys of Summer cover!

sodascouts
05-12-2006, 12:59 AM
I was in the supermarket today when what should molest my ears but a techno version of Boys of Summer! No diss to those that like it - to each her own - but when I heard it, I cringed.

~

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg</p>

glenneaglesfan
05-12-2006, 02:57 AM
My son played me something similar (probably the same version). In a way I was flattered that he thought I'd be interested!

By coincidence they played the proper version on the radio last night as the 'Ultimate Driving Track' for the day!

~~~

This way to happiness...</p>

SweetHolly
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Are y'all talking about that horrendous version done by the Ataris? Ughh. I hate their version of it. I swear I get sick everytime I hear it. I've gotten swimmer's ear a few times after I heard it, and the last time I heard it a couple months ago I got pretty high fever. It's awful. Now why did they have to go screw up a great song? :twisted:

sodascouts
03-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't know who did it, I Just know that it BLOWS!

SweetHolly
03-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't know who did it, I Just know that it BLOWS!
I'm pretty sure that it was the Ataris. It totally BLOWS!

katherine5832
02-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Here's another cover by the 80's group The Hooters. It's from their new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppep4chU_Y

Given the two choices, I'd have to say, I prefer the Ataris version over The Hooters version.

Having said that, though, I'll also send out this plea to other musicians thinking about doing a cover of Boys of Summer - "Please don't! The original is all we'll ever need!"

Brooke
02-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Amen Kat! :lol:

DonFan
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I second that amen.
You just can't improve on perfection.

Speaking of perfection, I love your av, Katherine!

katherine5832
02-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Speaking of perfection, I love your av, Katherine!

Thanks! I changed it last night. This is my current favorite picture. I figured out how to make it into an Avatar last night and, voila, here it is! I had way too much time on my hands last night. I'm slowly moving into the 21st century. Today I bought my first MP3 player and I'm playing with that now. I've got all of my Henley and Eagles CDs loaded on so far. I've also got a few pictures of Don on it. Sweet!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Here's another cover by the 80's group The Hooters. It's from their new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppep4chU_Y

Given the two choices, I'd have to say, I prefer the Ataris version over The Hooters version.

Having said that, though, I'll also send out this plea to other musicians thinking about doing a cover of Boys of Summer - "Please don't! The original is all we'll ever need!"

I couldn't agree more, Katherine! I've heard about two ghastly covers myself (not sure if they're what you've all heard), but I cringe too. :yuck: By the way, I like your new AV too! :nod:

DF, you're right: you cannot improve on perfection. :nod: :nod: