PDA

View Full Version : Ontario, CA 5-22-10

Wildthyme
05-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Found a short review with a small photo gallery...

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_D_eagles23.18ef1ddc.html

carol7lynn
05-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Morning all. The sun has risen and so have I-I think. Part of me is on terra firma and part of me is suspended in mid-air, hanging effortlessly onto the still echoing chords reverberating through-out the Inland Empire following the triumphant return of the post-CalJam Eagles to Ontario, Ca.

The show was A-May-Hey-Zing! The crowd was wild and loud and the Eagles literally turned back the hands of time for all the bounching-baby-boomers in attendance (including yours truly.)

Despite Glenn's exhortation to "Take It Easy", we danced (like no one was watching) in the aisles to Henley's "Boys of Summer", laughed unabashedly at Glenn's same oh-so-tired, are-you-kidding-me, jokes, and basked glowingly in Joe's warm impish smiles as he shredded our hearts on his seemingly endless collection of classic Fender guitars. But the most memorable part for me, was getting another special "wave" from TimmyB.

Know this: Timmy held his own last night and went "one more mile" sheltering us with his "parachute" as he lovingly guided us through the halls of our small portion of the Eagles' "Hotel California" just "because he thought he should." :thumbsup: Love you TimmyB!

Can't wait for ChulaV.:partytime: Pictures to follow later in the week.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:computer:

ticky
05-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Yay! CL!! Nice job *G* Cant wait to see the pics. Sounds like a great night. Thanks for the review! Im so glad to hear Tim's back up to snuf and I cant wait to see him in Portland :)

tequila girl
05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the review CL......I'm waiting with baited breath to see more gorgeous pics too!! :drool: :drool:

Koala
05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for your review CL! I look forward to see your pics!
WT, thanks for finding the small review.

luvthelighthouse
05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
So, I guess you enjoyed the show, eh?;)

Sounds fantastic and makes me wish I were there to have expierenced it!

TimothyBFan
05-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Gotta love the enthusiasm CL!!! Thanks so much for that!!! Anxiously awaitng those pictures!!! YAY!!

Prettymaid
05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Great review! Glad to hear that Timothy was able to go "one more mile" for his fans!

sodascouts
05-24-2010, 04:11 PM
You really have a way with words, CL. Loved reading your review and look forward to your pics, which are always great. Thanks!

carol7lynn
05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
I completely forgot to mention that, as perdicted, Henley made mention that the Eagles played Cal Jam back in 1974 which, as I mentioned before, was held on the land where the CBBA now stands.

Thanks Nancy.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
05-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Uploaded the photos from CBBA. Get a chance give them a look.

Here is the link:
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/carol7lynn/Eagles-Citizens%20Business%20Bank%20May%2022nd/

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Brooke
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
There's those rockers we all know and love! I'm so glad they are leaving the corporate look for the boardrooms these days!

Very nice, CL! Thanks!

carol7lynn
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Amen to that Brooke. :headbang:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

ticky
05-25-2010, 05:15 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/carol7lynn/Eagles-Citizens%20Business%20Bank%20May%2022nd/00000004.jpg

may I just say.... :thud: :drool: :smokin:
I CAN SEE JOE'S FORE ARMS!!!!! (I reeeeealy hope this is what he wears in Portland)

Troubadour
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
If these guys get any hotter, we're all going to melt.

I must say a big OH YEAH for Joe's forearms! He looks so masculine and rock star-ish there. Delicious.

Glennsallnighter
05-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow! CL! Glad you had such a wonderful time. I see Glenn :heart: brought out his fuschia! Thank you Baby!!!! :inlove:

carol7lynn
05-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Personally this one is my favorite. But glad Tichy you liked the group shot.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks again, CL!

Koala
05-26-2010, 01:09 AM
CL, thanks for sharing your pics with us!:)

Prettymaid
05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
I saw Joe's arms too! First thing that jumped out at me! He looks great in a Tshirt!

TimothyBFan
05-26-2010, 07:50 AM
CL--I totally agree with you favorite-mine too!! But I will agree, Joe is looking very rock starish in that picture, from head to toe-the hair, the jeans, the tshirt, the wrist band....WOW:shock:.

CL--once again thanks for always sharing all your experiences with us!!

carol7lynn
05-26-2010, 09:15 AM
I must admit,:bow: although Joe is not my type, I do love the new look-especially the longer hair. But, TimmyB has my heart. :inlove::inlove:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Wildthyme
06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Sorry this took me so long but I managed to catch a cold and have been off kilter for the last couple of days...

Ontario was the first show on my concert odyssey last week. I ended up in the 5th row center courtesy of Carol-lyn (thanks again :)). The venue looked like every other arena I have been in lately though this one was exceptionally warm, at least up front. The guys were in a fun mood and did a lot of joking with the audience and each other. I always love to see that because it just makes the show that much better.

Don was wearing a light colored button down shirt and jeans. Timothy had on a lovely silky black shirt and reddish-brown jeans. Joe wore a stripped jacket over a black tee with silver chevron and blue jeans. He later lost the jacket (and gave us a look at those wonderful forearms of his that make me weak in the knees). Glenn started out the night in a plaid shirt over a white tee and jeans. However after the intermission he came back out wearing the pink shirt we all love seeing him in (and he looked fantastic in it as always!). And then at the end he lost the overhsirt all together and was just in his tee...:faint:

After 7BR and How Long, Glenn did the assisted living tour bit. Before they sang Lyin Eyes Glenn talked about Dan Tana's and how they used to do everything fast when they were young. He also used the plaintiff dedication for it though I would have sworn this was the only time in the four shows I was at last week (I don't remember it at Chula Vista even though one of the reviews said he did use it). He also told us the story of taking waltzing lessons at Arthur Murray as a boy and that the next song (TITTL) was a waltz.

Tim did seem a little tired when when it was his turn to speak but his voice was strong when he sang and he looked good even though he seemed a bit thinner than usual.

Don seemed to be in an especially chipper mood that night and when he was intro-ing Long Run he mentioned the fact that they had been in Ontario for CalJam back in 1977 and then he looked out audience and said "we are going to do one more song" and paused, grinned and said "that's it, just one more song". Then he laughed and told us that they would be back to play a long time after taking a break.

Joe seemed to be having a good time on stage and it showed in his playing. He really rocked In the City and especially on Walk Away (I never get tired of hearing him do that song). When he intro'd LBGTM he joked that it started out as love song that went nuclear on him. And when he and Glenn had their guitar duel before Funk 49 they were both very animated.

I had a great time at this show. I had an excellent seat, a great view of all the guys, and they were having a good time with each other and the audience. It was an auspicious start to my week of Eagles.

Sadly I did not get a lot of pictures. My poor slightly elderly camera couldn't adjust to the light very well so most of the pictures came out blurry but I did get a few and I have linked them here. Happy to say I got one of Glenn in each of his shirts and of Joe both with and sans jacket. *G*

Cami's Ontario Photos (http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/camip14/Eagles%20Ontario%20CA%205-22-10/)

ticky
06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Awesome review Cami!! and I love the pictures!! *G* Joe +T-shirt - jacket = :drool: *G* thankee much!!!!

sodascouts
06-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Ah, so glad to see your review - I've been looking forward to hearing details about your odyssey! And those 12 photos you put up were really good. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! Can't wait to read more!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh wow Cami - you are definitely my heroine this week. I am so glad you followed your heart (and the guys) to see all these shows. You are a lucky girl and I know the past month or so will give you a lifetime full of memories. Thanks again for the awesome review and pictures. Can't wait for more! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I loved your review too WT. I guess there's enough Joe to go around.! :wink:

carol7lynn
06-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Cami

Pix were great. Especially the one of Henley who seemed to be looking right at you.

Carol-Lynn

Koala
06-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Great photos, I have enjoyed to read this review (the other reviews of you also)!

tequila girl
06-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Another great review and more wonderful pictures Cami - Thank You So Much!!

TimothyBFan
06-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Ahhhh Cami, I can't even imagine doing what you did all by myself a couple weeks ago. I'm in awe of your bravery...and just a wee bit jealous also!! So glad you went with it and did it!! Thanks for the reviews and pictures!! Poor Timmy not up to his usual self yet at this show.

Troubadour
06-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I am getting such a kick out of your adventures, Cami. Thanks for the wonderful reviews and the BEAUTIFUL photos!

Brooke
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Cami, you rock! What a fabulous adventure! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :cool:

hartles99him
08-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Sure did, and I was there, they played about noon April 6th 1974 and Jackson Browne sang and played with them on a couple tunes. Awesome concert.

sodascouts
08-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Hartles - are you saying you saw Jackson Browne with the in 1974 or that you saw this show, or both?

And welcome!