PDA

View Full Version : Fremont St Experience

MikeA
05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I didn't get the name of the two "groups" I watched on the free stages on Fremont St last week.

One was a solitary performer. Nothing but him, a microphone and an Ovation acoustic guitar. The guy was really good. He took requests from the audience and did mostly Ballads. Several Eagles tunes....Desparado, Take It Easy, New Kid In Town. He had a vocal range that was really wide. And on the guitar, he was no Van Halen, but he had an acoustic setup that squeezed everything there was in it out of that Ovation. Personally, I could never play an Ovation. That curved back lets it slide all over my lap when sitting down!

The other group what Kick-A$$! Metal all the way. Two lead guitarists, keyboards, bass and drums with a vocalist who played no instrument other than his vocal chords. Really had the crowd headbanging! I probably watched them for an hour and then took another 12 hours to regain my hearing! But they were really good. One of the guitarists was really fast. Played a Jackson "Dinky". Discounting all the power chords, he had the tapping down really good. Cool night!