PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled concert

tyalaw
05-25-2010, 04:29 PM
My eldest son has arranged a vacation in the USA (travelling form Wales) during June.

When I told him the Eagles were playing at various venues he changed his plans and bought some tickets for Philadelphia.

Disaster! The concert has been cancelled. Does anyone know why?

When he booked the tickets I was so envious now I feel sorry for him!

Thanks in anticipation of any answers.

carol7lynn
05-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't think anyone really knows for sure. I'm thinking one of two things: Either ticket sales were sluggish or there was a scheduling conflict. He could always go to the East Rutherford, New Jersey. Only two hour drive.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm very sorry for your son. Hopefully as CL suggested he can take his refund and go to another show. I doubt we'll ever know for sure why the shows were canceled, but I certainly hope it doesn't happen again!

However, I can say that the June cancellations were NOT due to Timothy's health as a couple news sites erroneously reported.

tyalaw
05-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok thanks for the replies.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Well tyalaw, I'm also sorry about your son's plans to attend the Philly show. However, I'm with Carol-Lynn here. Obviously, I don't know what your son's travel itinerary is, but the East Rutherford show is on June 10, and is less than 100 miles from Philly - a straight shot up I 95. Hope it works out for him.

tyalaw
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately he does not arrive in the USA until the 11th.

Onde of those things.

Thanks again