PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Wichita???????????????

MikeA
05-27-2010, 05:32 PM
This has to be either an intentional FALSE ALARM or a gross mistake. KAKE is the ABC television affiliate in Wichita. My wife just sent it to me.

This was just posted on the KAKE website - doesn't make any sense at all!

One of these nights--Wednesday, June 2nd to be exact--The Eagles will be playing in concert at Intrust Bank Arena.The concert date is announced on the website, Live Nation. The site says ticket presale begins June 2, 2010. The concert is set to begin at 8 p.m.There has been no official word from the Intrust Bank Arena regarding The Eagles yet.The Eagles are known for such hits as "Hotel California," Witchy Woman," "One of These Nights," and "Life in the Fast Lane," among others.

Freypower
05-27-2010, 06:41 PM
How can the presale begin on the same day as the alleged show?!

whitcap
05-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I just checked Live Nation and its not on there.

MikeA
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Apparently, the concert date was a misprint. It is actually June 30. Then they are playing Little Rock, Arkansas on July 1.

I'll check with Joe and see if he wants to come out to the house and kick back and jam a little before the show. We've got a pretty big back yard if anyone else wants to come over.

TimothyBFan
05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Well I have a niece and a nephew both in Witchita!! Party in Mike's backyard with Joe Walsh!! :partytime: Can we invite Timothy also Mike? It will still only be 2 because I can just leave Larry at home. :shh:

MikeA
05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Verna agreed to the party but asked If I knew any hot chicks to invite over to lure Joe over here. I surprised myself with the alertness of my mental faculties this early in the morning. Says I, "The only Hot Chick I know is you!" :thumbsup:

As for Timothy...sure, why not? We need a bassist and I have a 4-string bass and a 5-string bass....multiple choice! Heck, I have a Seagull for Glenn if he wants to come too. And I have electronic drum pads that Don can program any way he wishes.

Wait, I can't do this! I don't have enough extension cords! Oh well, it was a good idea.

Prettymaid
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I'll check with Joe and see if he wants to come out to the house and kick back and jam a little before the show. We've got a pretty big back yard if anyone else wants to come over.

:blueblob: :bye: :blueblob:

Troubadour
05-28-2010, 09:32 AM
So it's a "bring a bottle and an extension cord" kind of affair? I'm in!

TimothyBFan
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Verna agreed to the party but asked If I knew any hot chicks to invite over to lure Joe over here. I surprised myself with the alertness of my mental faculties this early in the morning. Says I, "The only Hot Chick I know is you!" :thumbsup:

Good job Mike! There'd be a lot less divorce if more man thought that quick before opening their mouths.

MikeA
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Hmmm Lou, I think that the only one of them who still imbibes the juice is Glenn, so we only need a case or two. But you might bring guitar picks.

Troubadour
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Why does this conjure up images of a few of us sneaking behind the garden shed with Glenn to neck screwdrivers? :shh:

Ask Jess for picks. She scooped A LOAD of them off of the ILAA table. When she asked me to search her bag later in the car for her lighter, all I could find was flippin' guitar picks!

Brooke
05-28-2010, 11:09 AM

Excellent come back, Mike! :thumbsup:

Btw, I have lots of extension cords.